Planetside 2 Page 22

• Page

of 63 First / Last

• andytheadequate 14 Dec 2012 18:26:22 8,075 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also, why does the client keep crashing? Anyone else had this issue?
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 18:32:45
    Only issue I've had with the client were the buttons not having the text present on them, just a generic code tag for what they represent. Made it kind of hard to figure out what I was supposed to be doing so uninstalled.
  • orpheus 14 Dec 2012 18:39:25 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Why do I sometimes get an experience bonus? I know there is a kill streak one but I sometimes get more points for reviving etc
    You get a +15% bonus for all defensive actions, and you'll get a similar bonus for actions that help your squad (e.g. squad repair). Oh, and you also get a small bonus to all actions if your faction is under-populated.

I don't get client crashes any more, probably worth putting a support ticket/forum post in if it's still happening. And if you're still having voice trouble, use /tell next time you see me on and I'll go through the settings with you.

Edited by orpheus at 18:40:05 14-12-2012
  • Progguitarist 14 Dec 2012 19:17:15 10,399 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Will the game be optimized to run on older systems?

My processor is an i7 so I think that should be ok (for a while at least).

Managed to score a kill today (amazingly!). Transitioning back to M/Kb is TOUGH!
  • andytheadequate 14 Dec 2012 19:43:01 8,075 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @HurbleBurble - I had that issue. If you change the language and switch back you'll be fine
  • Deleted user 14 December 2012 19:58:33
    @andytheadequate Ah cheers Andy, I enjoyed the concept it was just a bit hard to figure out what the hell was going on.
  • andytheadequate 14 Dec 2012 20:48:16 8,075 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @orpheus - cheers, makes sense. In battlefield it tells you why you're getting more points nit on this it can feel a bit random. Absolutely loging the game now. I was on a squad of randoms who were really coordinated. We had an armoured convoy with overhead support. No other game can match that feeling when you storm a place as part of a convoy.

The crash seems to be in the same place, I just can never remember which one it is. Only happened a few times so no big deal
  • overcorpse 14 Dec 2012 23:16:07 261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's triple station cash next Friday if you didn't know.Then it's the end of the world.

Edited by overcorpse at 23:21:49 14-12-2012

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• Ranger_Ryu 15 Dec 2012 00:49:38 1,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    overcorpse wrote:
    It's triple station cash next Friday if you didn't know.Then it's the end of the world.
    related,perhaps? :p
  • captbirdseye 15 Dec 2012 02:15:23 4,782 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The sky was red tonight and not even a giant fly swat could stop us from getting slaughtered from above. This game can be so frustrating at first but the sight of 50 ships bombing tthe hell out our bases can't be matched by anything else.

The game is really struggling with cheaters ( speedhacks etc) at the moment which will hopefully get sorted soon.
  • LEEROY_UK 15 Dec 2012 19:54:19 30 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    All hail Vanu !
  • magicpanda 16 Dec 2012 23:34:33 13,248 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pimped my ride.

• SClaw 17 Dec 2012 10:44:45 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Found my first cheater last night. Was on the walls of an amp station we were taking, in an AA MAX nailing the insane amount of Libs which were buzzing around. I made an absolute killing (as I always do when I throw that MAX on) and it clearly pissed someone off because I’m suddenly getting capped in the head. I duck behind one of the tower rises and an engi heals me up (this guy probably made more certs than I did just for fixing me up and giving me ammo!) but every single time I popped out I got shot in the head. Getting pissed off, I jump off the tower so I can respawn… and get head shotted as I pass the lower window. I don’t think so…

I’m not so annoyed about the cheating as I am the occasional lag spikes. Last night it happened three times, once making it a slide show, once me having a gun battle with a corpse that couldn’t decide if it was dead or not and another – totally infuriating – time when my pimped out Sundy suddenly rubberbanded off the map.

That said… those are brief moments in the awesome. A little later on I was capping a base on emerish (or whatever it’s called, the snow one) and I got up on the hill above the spawn with my mini-chaingun HA. They were just lined up down there – I’ve never run out of ammo twice before. So much fun.

Edited by SClaw at 10:45:38 17-12-2012
  • captbirdseye 17 Dec 2012 11:23:38 4,782 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What I'm finding more frustrating is the constant TKing by idiots in vehicles and people throwing grenades which killed me more than the opposing team. i'm hoping they patch in something where people get punished for it.

Edited by captbirdseye at 11:24:06 17-12-2012
  • MightyMouse 17 Dec 2012 11:57:20 1,125 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    What I'm finding more frustrating is the constant TKing by idiots in vehicles and people throwing grenades which killed me more than the opposing team. i'm hoping they patch in something where people get punished for it.
    Those grenades are so unintuitive, it takes a while to be able to throw them properly. Trying to throw them through shielded doors is fairly unforgivable though.
  • MMMarmite 17 Dec 2012 12:04:18 992 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    C4 on the biodome "teleport rooms" is bloody annoying, we had one guy a couple of days ago strategically placing C4 around the outside so that the blast killed everyone inside the shielded room.
  • SClaw 17 Dec 2012 12:06:17 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    And "idiots in vehicles" isn't usually fair. The number of people I've killed because they jumped on my tank (I am not a stage) or stood behind it (even in external view you can't see behind most vehicles without panning - something I don't want to do while I'm shooting) is unreal. Or walked in front of a spawn pad as I came off it (hint - you litterally can't stop moving when you spawn). Or, even as I'm shouting on prox for them to go away, continuing to repair my sundy as even as I pack up and try to move it. Or just walking down the road, not a care in the world as 50 tanks stack up behind them, ramming the lead tank forward and over their hapless, unaware Mr Magoo like corpse.
  • andytheadequate 17 Dec 2012 12:37:59 8,075 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Whenever I've been roadkilled by a vehicle it has been my len fault every single time.

How do you get an external view when driving?
  • SClaw 17 Dec 2012 13:05:33 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    T.

Doesn't help much on anything but the Sundy really, as you can camera pan without screwing up your aim.
  • Widge Moderator 17 Dec 2012 16:03:48 13,245 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So anyway, station cash tripled you say?
    Weapons for Christmas I think!

I seem to remember the shop does specials on certain weapons every now and again, worth keeping an eye out for.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• andytheadequate 17 Dec 2012 16:14:04 8,075 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there a benefit to buying new weapons? They just seem to be slightly different rather than better.
  • Widge Moderator 17 Dec 2012 16:23:45 13,245 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, for the Sundy, it'd be nice to have a grenade launcher option, maybe with optics.

I can't fly very well, so leaving aircraft alone.

For the Max, I want the other AA gun (or the other variant it has available, I might do a tester of that tonight) and the more stable infantry gun.

For my Engineer, just something more stable than the initial gun. Maybe something I can fire from the hip with with a bit of red dot action. Perhaps some more scopes so I can do some long range firing.

And then some general pimpage with cash left over, ensuring the Sundy has full armour, as does my MAX. Maybe some drive skills on the vehicles.

Leave some spare in case of new developments in weapons, like if the anti vehicle turret comes along for the engineer etc.

_ _ _

• DFawkes 17 Dec 2012 18:15:32 22,583 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Is there a benefit to buying new weapons? They just seem to be slightly different rather than better.
    That's pretty much the idea - it stops it being a Pay to Win game. New weapons generally just open more options up to you, rather than being straight upgrades. Sure, there are some issues with balancing, just like any MMO, but overall someone who hasn't paid a penny will be on similar footing as someone who bought lots of guns.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• orpheus 17 Dec 2012 19:44:50 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    That's pretty much the idea - it stops it being a Pay to Win game. New weapons generally just open more options up to you, rather than being straight upgrades. Sure, there are some issues with balancing, just like any MMO, but overall someone who hasn't paid a penny will be on similar footing as someone who bought lots of guns.
    Remember, it's possible to test out any of the SC-purchased weapons for half an hour - so you can have a go before you shell out. Click the unlock button on the weapon and in the screen that follows look for the trial option at the bottom. It auto-equips to the appropriate class and off you go. :D

Gonna be on to run a squad shortly if there isn't one already, in about ten mins.
  • Widge Moderator 18 Dec 2012 09:56:17 13,245 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had a go at the dual burster MAX and it was godlike.

_ _ _

• andytheadequate 18 Dec 2012 09:59:49 8,075 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I need to upgrade the max, whenever I use it I never do very well with it. Can't seem to take out infantry, tanks or air craft with them...
  • orpheus 18 Dec 2012 10:15:08 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I need to upgrade the max, whenever I use it I never do very well with it. Can't seem to take out infantry, tanks or air craft with them...
    You still having vent trouble chap? Saw you in the channel & squad but never actually heard your voice last night! :D

EDIT: With the MAX, you really need to chuck enough certs/smedbucks at it to have both 'arms' of a single type, be that Burster/Anti-Tank/Anti-Infantry etc. As a mixed weapons platform it doesn't do so well, don't think it's all that effective at anti-tank either. Go dual Burster to hammer air or dual anti-infantry inside biolabs and larger bases.

Edited by orpheus at 10:16:59 18-12-2012
  • andytheadequate 18 Dec 2012 10:21:48 8,075 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @orpheus - I couldn't say much last night as the gf was in the room watching tv! I think I was heard as someone answered my question on how to change continent (I'd completely forgotten- the spawning in this game isn't intuitive).

It really is fun rolling out with a squad. I still just follow people when attacking a base though as ask seem to get lost and unsure what to go for first.
  • Widge Moderator 18 Dec 2012 10:59:52 13,245 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    You still having vent trouble chap? Saw you in the channel & squad but never actually heard your voice last night! :D

EDIT: With the MAX, you really need to chuck enough certs/smedbucks at it to have both 'arms' of a single type, be that Burster/Anti-Tank/Anti-Infantry etc. As a mixed weapons platform it doesn't do so well, don't think it's all that effective at anti-tank either. Go dual Burster to hammer air or dual anti-infantry inside biolabs and larger bases.
    Agreement!

The single burst isn't enough to nail an aircraft, while the dual really puts the SHITTERS up them.

I'd say a mix is only advisable if you are a bit of a solo unit and have no ground troops to back you up.

I am considering looking at that anti-air lightning tank too. Station cash purchase. Get that and a massive amount of antiflak.

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 18 Dec 2012 11:03:19 13,245 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @andytheadequate Oh little tip, I think H makes your minimap larger (which helps). Also on the mega map (M) you can set yourself a personal target with right mouse, which then appears in game as a huge blue beacon. My steps would be:

Go to map
    See where you are (chevron pointing in direction)
    Look where team is (numbers)
    Look where action is
    and if there is no Squad (green) or Outfit (yellow) beacons anywhere, slap yourself out a personal blue one and go for it

Just make sure you try to stick to roads and whatnot and you'll pick your way no probs. No harm in a mid wander pause to bring up the epic M map.

I don't suit being too front line, I like hanging at the outskirts and MAXing the skies.

_ _ _

• Page

of 63 First / Last