Planetside 2 Page 20

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• GuiltySpark 10 Dec 2012 14:26:52 6,280 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems fine to me, I haven't really noticed much slowdown. Also playing Vanu on Miller

Get bent.

• andytheadequate 10 Dec 2012 14:53:01 7,956 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Since o bought home plugs ita ran very smoothly for me. I tried putting the graphics on high and it seemed fine too, although my computer was very noisy...
  • Progguitarist 10 Dec 2012 15:03:06 10,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Should have my new PC on wednesday. Is this free to download or is there a charge? What server are you guys playing on?
  • SClaw 10 Dec 2012 15:26:40 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Free. Woodman (TR). Most of the others play on Millar (Vanu).
  • magicpanda 10 Dec 2012 15:45:55 13,007 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @SClaw Tell that to the Zerg :) I have a feeling some enterprising TR Outfit on miller has taken to locking down Tawich Tech plant tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm as I've even seen organised attacks on that place get smashed to bits.

What you need are shield phasing Sunderers laden with C4 in one run Followed up with 3 more packed with Infantry Killing Maxes.

Edited by magicpanda at 15:46:13 10-12-2012
  • SClaw 10 Dec 2012 15:55:56 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @magicpanda Truth.

Once outfits settle down we'll see more play like that, but right now the shield beating sundys are much less useful than ammo and respawn versions. Plus an easier - and cheaper - quick tactic is a over-the-top rush and drop some at mines down there to knock out any sundy they employ. These tactics will become less common as time goes by (because people will start fitting mine guard to defensive sundys, for example).

Defending a tech plant takes some pretty good organisation, as you have three lower access points and two pretty much open holes up top. Numbers does it, but as I say against an organised platoon mixed in with an attack zerg you're screwed fast unless you know what you're doing.
  • Widge Moderator 10 Dec 2012 16:00:10 12,595 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Seems fine to me, I haven't really noticed much slowdown. Also playing Vanu on Miller
    The massive pushes yesterday where you get about 50 people in those little towers sitting above the spawn room, combined with everyone monitoring the two hatches at the middle, the hanger at the bottom, roaming aircraft, vehicles, explosions, healing, shooting. I just go to judder. I don't get it too often.

Spawning at the jumpgate makes everything fine!

Could be my x4 saying "I am at my limit thanks!", as it happens with graphics card tweaks too.

EDIT:

Spawn camping was hilarious (and legitimate in a takeover I'd say!). I'd be sitting in the non-functioning transporter, someone flies out and I'd lump a MAX cannon at the general area where they would land. Every time someone landed in front of me, I'd kill them, then get a curtain of bullets from the people at the door in my face.

Oh, auto-repair... fantastic for a MAX. Never a person around to repair when you need them.

Edited by Widge at 16:45:01 10-12-2012

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Bleh 11 Dec 2012 10:36:21 233 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for the outfit invite. Yesterday where some heroic defence actions and I even did some good for my KDR. It's still not good but since I added a scope it's going better. And I bought a shotgun for close quarter combat which is really awesome.
  • monty_79 11 Dec 2012 10:48:16 8 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone play TR on Miller? I am a pretty competent medic and am looking to join an outfit.

ID: MontyFontaine

Please add me if you need any additional people!
  • andytheadequate 11 Dec 2012 11:02:30 7,956 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I used vehicles for the first time last night. Enjoyed using the tanks but was a bit rubbish at flying. Rolling out in the convoy felt pretty epic though.

How do you add the outfit tag to your name? And is it possible to increase ammo limit for your guns? After a particularly good spell I ran out of ammo for both my pistol and assault rifle

@monty - we're Vanu...

Edited by andytheadequate at 11:06:37 11-12-2012
  • monty_79 11 Dec 2012 11:33:16 8 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    *Hisses at andytheadequate*

TR forever!
  • monty_79 11 Dec 2012 11:34:45 8 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh and yeah, you can increase your ammo. have a look at the certs for the preferred assualt rifle and it will be in there.
  • SClaw 11 Dec 2012 12:07:20 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ammo cap upgrades are a waste of certs apart from on AA and AT weapons (but those are crazy expensive). If you run out of ammo go to a terminal or find an engineer. Or play one.

I bought a ton of upgrades the battle bus last night and was tooling around amerish with a squad. Made some epic sweet textbook attacks, including a few tower assaults just as I decribed above. Great fun. However... the platoon bugged out (again; randomly disbanded) and the voice chat cut people off after a little while.

I tell you, driving the sundy down a huge cliff when you've got 11 people in the back is hilarious fun. I threw it down this one hill and started to roll over onto one side, and everyone was shouting in voice chat. Got that badboy back on its wheels though!

Mores the pity most everyone else on TR last night was playing like a gimp.
  • Widge Moderator 11 Dec 2012 12:10:17 12,595 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I used vehicles for the first time last night. Enjoyed using the tanks but was a bit rubbish at flying. Rolling out in the convoy felt pretty epic though.

How do you add the outfit tag to your name? And is it possible to increase ammo limit for your guns? After a particularly good spell I ran out of ammo for both my pistol and assault rifle

@monty - we're Vanu...
    WELL, a couple of ways. I think a few weapons can have extra magazines.
    Either that or stick near a Sundy or weapons point to go resupply (or even flick between loadouts and classes) OR stick near an Engineer and get them to dump ammo down. Or even be an Engineer and dump your own ammo down.

Was in the aforementioned meatgrindy Tech Plant. No wonder they are fierce to fight your way into. Two small doors that can have about 50 people, sat at the doors or on a ledge up above, waiting for you poke your nose through. We were defending so I raked it in on MAX repairs, great killstreaks and ammo dumps. Eventually they managed to break through our lines and take the base, but it was a cracking defense.

I couldn't say what may have been happening externally to the battle.

Eventually we were pushed practically back to the Warp Gate, then started to make gains forwards again. I had some good sundy runs as we all pushed east through the map. Eventually I ended up at a base looking down on the tech plant... raining fire down on the air support. Next I looked up at the map, it was practically all purple again.

I meant to hit the sack at 11:00 last night. Powered off at 12:30. I am getting SHATTERED but I just can't get enough.

Forcing myself to sit and do some music review writing tonight and some tidying. Planetside to be the reward rather than the distraction!

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 11 Dec 2012 12:11:53 12,595 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I need to relate people's name on here to on screen. I can recognise Andy and Magicpanda off the bat!

_ _ _

• andytheadequate 11 Dec 2012 12:22:48 7,956 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Widge - indeed. Putting voices to names is even more difficult!

I wasn't able to resupply as I was practically on my own. Found a way onto a ledge and was raining down fire on the unsuspecting below. I also didn't realise how powerful the pistols were...really satisfying to use

Edited by andytheadequate at 12:32:54 11-12-2012
  • captbirdseye 11 Dec 2012 23:55:16 4,343 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got an absolute pasting on Miller tonight and practically on our last base. Ta for the revives Andy.
  • Widge Moderator 12 Dec 2012 00:23:12 12,595 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    YAY. I was part of a continent lockout!

_ _ _

• captbirdseye 12 Dec 2012 09:56:53 4,343 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Big patch today that should sort out the constant air rocket spam and improve AA which can only be a good thing. Sadly FPS patch isn't out till January.
  • andytheadequate 12 Dec 2012 11:28:56 7,956 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @captbirdseye - didn't realise I was reviving you, I tend to just run to anyone lying on the gorund when it becomes chaotic like that! Was I in your squad? I didn't play for long last night as I couldn't find a decent fight, so decided to have a go on BF3 instead.

Not many of the outfit seemed to be online so I didn't bother joing vent. Does the voice chat system in game work?

Edited by andytheadequate at 11:29:47 12-12-2012
  • captbirdseye 12 Dec 2012 11:38:59 4,343 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    @captbirdseye - didn't realise I was reviving you, I tend to just run to anyone lying on the gorund when it becomes chaotic like that! Was I in your squad? I didn't play for long last night as I couldn't find a decent fight, so decided to have a go on BF3 instead.

Not many of the outfit seemed to be online so I didn't bother joing vent. Does the voice chat system in game work?
    Hehhe, i saw your name and thought i know that name. Yeah was pretty chaotic and died more times than i can remember. I was in different squad.

Don't think i'm part of the outift but can be added? Captbirdseyes. Only used TS servers.
  • magicpanda 12 Dec 2012 11:45:47 13,007 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In game voice chat works ok in a small squad, anything bigger I don't know.
  • andytheadequate 12 Dec 2012 11:52:24 7,956 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I find that using vent can be a pain as I have no idea who's talking.

When I play with folk off here I tend to just follow them around. Although that tactic didn't work a few days ago when I mowed two team mates down when I opened fire at the guy behind them. I was polite enough to revive them though!
  • orpheus 12 Dec 2012 14:30:41 984 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I find that using vent can be a pain as I have no idea who's talking.
    Yeah same occasionally, you just get to know the voices after a while. The more you do it, the easier it'll get.

Been a quiet week for the outfit as everyone burned out a bit on the double xp weekend, but I'll be back SLing, likely tomorrow or Friday. The meta-game is kicking in now; TR have held all 3 continents for a couple of days now thanks to organising their outfits properly. UBAD will be trying to do the same over the coming days so we can get some of that back, or at least break the TR stranglehold.

New patch looks good - better rear gun placement on the Lib being the standout for me. Bit concerned that they may over-buff the AA like they had a tendency to in beta; it's a difficult balance to reach, sure, but if air becomes useless again I'll not be happy!
  • andytheadequate 12 Dec 2012 15:54:18 7,956 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @orpheus - my other problem with voice chat is that I'm never sure whether I'm shouting or not, or whether I can even be heard. On the 360 its a bit simpler to get the levels right.

I've had a read of some wikis today so I'm actually starting to learn how to play this properly. Nothing beats the scale of this game when you're involved in an epic struggle. Personal stats seem irrelevant when you're in the thick of the action trying to defend or assault a base

Edited by andytheadequate at 15:54:55 12-12-2012
  • orpheus 12 Dec 2012 16:56:52 984 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    @orpheus - my other problem with voice chat is that I'm never sure whether I'm shouting or not, or whether I can even be heard. On the 360 its a bit simpler to get the levels right.
    MikeP posted this back on page 16, so if you've not gone through this list yet and normalised your Vent settings, you might have trouble hearing/being heard.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/08/01/how-to-normalize-your-ventrilo-settings/

If a specific person is too quiet, you can right-click them, go to 'special effects' menu and add a further volume leveler from the right-hand selection. When it appears on the left (as active), you can then click it and hit 'properties' to alter the volume levels for that specific user.

And if you're worried about not being heard, just say so when you join the server. If no-one replies, type it in Outfit chat until someone does. Nobody minds people mic-testing etc, and most of us have done it at some point - better to get it sorted when you join, even if it takes a few minutes to get the levels right!
  • andytheadequate 12 Dec 2012 20:19:26 7,956 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cheers, will pester people best time I'm on!

I did the messing about with vent settings last week and it really helped hearing other people clearly. Thanks mike!

Anyone on tonight?
  • Progguitarist 12 Dec 2012 21:21:08 10,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stupid PC wasn't ready for collection today :/
  • captbirdseye 13 Dec 2012 09:15:20 4,343 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When groups work and people do their jobs instead of killing for k/d this game can be a joy. Also, following a zerg and steamrolling a base with air, tanks and soliders looks awesome.

Edited by captbirdseye at 09:18:28 13-12-2012
  • Page

of 62 First / Last