Planetside 2 Page 15

• Page

of 64 First / Last

• SClaw 27 Nov 2012 08:36:04 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Did anyone try to friend me? Because I totally forgot I put my name on here, then just said no to a few requests... so I'm not a bastard, I'm just forgetful.

Waaaaah... Woodman crashed twice last night and the rubberbanding was INSANE. My outfit leader was throwing a hilarious hissyfit on voice chat about it. They really need to sort this out.
  • Widge Moderator 27 Nov 2012 09:36:31 13,593 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some Lightning pilot had a RIDICULOUS infra-red setup with the most powerful gun. I was just going around picking people off in a ridiculous zerg rush across the icy place.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/900980454957846828/61BB14CB0CEE8279DB01CCA53F975A9B1CE4CCEB/

Map was effectively ours up until the point where an assault on a biolab took place. These things just seem to suck time and resource.

Pumped some cash into my feller; proximity mines, a 2x Scope, faster repairing etc. Doing up my vehicles with 2x scope too. Really wish I hadn't missed out on that 2x station cash now. Although I did earn 100certs yesterday, quite easy as an engineer.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 27 Nov 2012 15:10:58 13,593 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh, how does the spawn logic work in this. I thought you'd be able to travel to any captured location, but the spawn selection only ever seems to be where the game feels like you should go.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• orpheus 27 Nov 2012 15:15:54 1,001 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Oh, how does the spawn logic work in this. I thought you'd be able to travel to any captured location, but the spawn selection only ever seems to be where the game feels like you should go.
    Location you died at plus three or so adjoining regions, and any Sundie or active spawn beacon.
  • Ranger_Ryu 27 Nov 2012 15:45:32 1,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    wow I'm bad at this, last game I did a few assists, killed none of the enemy and killed an ally :p
  • andytheadequate 27 Nov 2012 16:10:18 8,181 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    On my first ever go on this I managed to kill two reavers using a gun on the back of an air ship. The sense of skill was short lived when I went ages without killing anyone
  • SClaw 27 Nov 2012 16:20:14 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you suck find a faster firing weapon. The TR Cycler TRV (medic and light assault) is mental fast firing, but wildly inaccurate at range. At point blank, however, nothing short of a MAX will live long enough to kill you back.

People say shotguns are great if you have trouble getting kills in too, but I've not tried them myself.

But overall you get a lot more points getting stuck in at close range than sitting back and shooting - sniping is very difficult in this game unless you have upgrades and it also places you outside of potential support action points (repairs, heals, caps) where you get most of your certs from.

Long range shooting is only preferable, in my experience, when you're defending... but even then you're still missing out support actions from medicing people.
  • orpheus 27 Nov 2012 16:27:02 1,001 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can I request that, if you join an active badsquad, you join vent (even if you can't talk, just listening is fine) and stick with the squad rather than solo off somewhere else on the continent. Not having a dig at anyone, it just complicates logistics for those in vent if we spend time waiting for the squad to form for a Galaxy drop or something - we end up waiting for people who aren't actually coming! :)

Its absolutely fine to solo as part of the outfit, just decline any squad requests and then SLs know that everyone in the squad is listening and is on the same page etc :)

Good games last night too, will be on for more tonight :D

Edited by orpheus at 16:28:09 27-11-2012

Edited by orpheus at 16:29:42 27-11-2012
  • andytheadequate 27 Nov 2012 16:48:05 8,181 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A very noobish question...but what is vent and how do I use it? I'm guessing its a voice chat application?
  • Widge Moderator 27 Nov 2012 16:49:08 13,593 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I tend to get involved in the squad rushes, but take a bit of time out to do the base up after each one... so I'll always lag behind. I also solo in respect of, I might go off to get another sundy to provide another point of entry.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• orpheus 27 Nov 2012 17:02:09 1,001 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge - no worries chap, like I say not having a dig or calling anyone out etc - its just to ensure that everyone in squad can hear what's going on and can work together properly. :) It's why vent is important, or if you really can't have it on let us know what you're doing in squad or outfit chat so we know what's going on.

Andy Ventrilo is indeed a VoIP, Google it and download it free, server details are in the steam group and outfit message of the day.
  • MikeP 27 Nov 2012 18:44:34 1,868 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When you install Ventrilo it's worth having a look at the voice equalisation settings (aka compression)

It means you can listen to both whispering psychopaths and excitable manchildren at the same time without destroying your ears.

http://www.ventrilo.com/

http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/08/01/how-to-normalize-your-ventrilo-settings/

Edited by MikeP at 18:44:59 27-11-2012

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• magicpanda 27 Nov 2012 22:43:13 13,366 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Had a ridiculous amount of fun in a Scythe(Dogfighter) tonight.

It was like being smack bang in the middle of Return of the Jedi especially at night.

My only quibble so far is the cost of upgrades and the pace at which you get them. It's so fucking slow for an average player.
  • overcorpse 28 Nov 2012 04:03:08 268 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've unlocked the rival combat chassis level 3 for the Magrider and its more trouble than its worth,seriously.

There are very few obstacles that i cant climb now and since i've had it i have managed to kill myself quite a few times.I bomb at a steep hill or mountain,cresting the summit and then finding there is a 100 foot sheer drop the other side or there is a tree or a bunch of rocks that i manage to wedge myself in permanently.

I've had a few 2nd gunners be not very happy with me.

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• Bleh 28 Nov 2012 09:02:09 243 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sent a few invites so I can join the eurogamer team. I have been in a few squads but they don't really work together. Only one squad I was in really sticked together and it really made a difference. I try to be a good medic but I can't guarantee anything :-P.
  • Widge Moderator 28 Nov 2012 10:07:04 13,593 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I must not play this tonight. My life is effectively deleting itself every time I log on. Monday I played from 22:00 through to 04:00. That is ridiculous.

I gave up at a point yesterday as all the big battles became massive judder fests. I couldn't participate.

Edited by Widge at 10:07:37 28-11-2012

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• andytheadequate 28 Nov 2012 12:08:26 8,181 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm going to give this a proper go tonight. I've downloaded vent so will join voice chat.

@bleh - feel free to add me (andytheadequate in game)
  • DMJ 28 Nov 2012 20:13:52 617 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm SirPop on Woodman (TR), and Rhaeger on Lithcorp (NC).

I would like to be on Miller, but the rest of the world seems to be. :D
  • orpheus 28 Nov 2012 20:33:29 1,001 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aiming to be on about 9ish, will sort more outfit invites for those that are online.
  • Clive_Dunn 28 Nov 2012 20:35:41 4,780 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are the servers dead again ?
  • andytheadequate 28 Nov 2012 20:38:21 8,181 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @orpheus - I should be on. Hopefully my mic will work too, not tried it on the pc yet
  • Kovacs77 28 Nov 2012 20:41:02 365 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DMJ wrote:
    I'm SirPop on Woodman (TR), and Rhaeger on Lithcorp (NC).

I would like to be on Miller, but the rest of the world seems to be. :D
    Yeah same, my first two forays onto Miller have been via 200 strong queues with 10 minute waits... I'm playing more on Woodman as TR so I'll send a friend request next time I'm on if you like?
  • DMJ 28 Nov 2012 20:54:04 617 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Kovacs77 Sure. I look forward to shooting purple folk together.
  • DMJ 28 Nov 2012 20:58:10 617 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Clive_Dunn There was a message about shutting down to 'remove external players' or something when I was playing earlier.

Chat was filled with noise about hackers.

Edited by DMJ at 21:06:43 28-11-2012
  • orpheus 29 Nov 2012 00:53:55 1,001 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry I didn't make it on to pick up invites guys, RL intervened. Will be on tomorrow eve for definite though, hopefully a bit earlier than I planned today to be.
  • andytheadequate 29 Nov 2012 09:50:56 8,181 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No worries, I couldn't even get PS2 to load, kept getting a Windows error whenever I pressed Play...

I've had nothing but trouble with it so far, I'm considering leaving it for a few weeks to see if it sorts itself out.
  • Widge Moderator 29 Nov 2012 10:02:16 13,593 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Realised I have effectively played exclusively on two territories. Might go on tonight and go to the one that isn't the green one or the icy one.

May go wave my repairing doodah around at a series of bases.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• magicpanda 29 Nov 2012 10:54:01 13,366 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love Indar purely for a place called The Crown, fucking awesome place to have a scrap.

What's the general consensus on upgrading Suit Modifications? I cant decide.

Advanced Shield Capacitor
    Flak Armor
    Grenade Bandolier
    Nanoweave Armor
    Ammunition Belt
    Utility Pouch
  • Widge Moderator 29 Nov 2012 11:23:43 13,593 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I want a rail grip so I can actually fire my gun properly.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• SClaw 29 Nov 2012 11:33:23 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Couldn’t get on at all last night. Just got to 98% and hung.
    Reminder; Claw on Woodman (TR).

magicpanda wrote:
    What's the general consensus on upgrading Suit Modifications? I cant decide.

Advanced Shield Capacitor
    Flak Armor
    Grenade Bandolier
    Nanoweave Armor
    Ammunition Belt
    Utility Pouch
    Depends on class and role. Nanoweave is - by and large - the best all around because it increases your health. It's a good passive buff. Shield cap is a bit worthless because it just boosts your recharge rate (but doesn't recharge while you're getting hit anyway, so a little patience will do the same thing for free). The MAX - especially AA loaded - benefits the most from flak armour as you tend to attract a lot of explosives but the rest not so much. The rest... well... I can see ammo belt being useful for extra rockets on HA but otherwise it's all a waste of space considering you're away from a terminal long enough for it to matter.
  • Page

of 64 First / Last