of 63 First / Last

• orpheus 22 Nov 2012 21:31:34 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Errol no you won't, we're all on miller! :D
  • andytheadequate 22 Nov 2012 23:39:20 8,075 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SO far I've had an error message when trying to load, and now I'm in the faction/ server selection screen and it's utterly broken. It won't tell me what each faction are called, just shows a picture of them, and the the server selection screen doesn't show the name or region of the server.
  • andytheadequate 22 Nov 2012 23:46:14 8,075 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ive decided to pick one at random just to try the game. Apparently you can have more than 1 character so no big deal
  • madwlf 22 Nov 2012 23:55:22 74 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Going to give this a go. Used to play the original a long time ago so hope this is just as fun.
    Looked at some youtube videos of this and it does look really good though very confusing.
  • Errol 23 Nov 2012 00:08:01 12,454 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    @Errol no you won't, we're all on miller! :D
    Odd. Most of the communities I see in BF3 etc have gone for Woodman.
  • andytheadequate 23 Nov 2012 00:24:00 8,075 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not impressed with the glitches so far. Hope it can be resolved
  • Widge Moderator 23 Nov 2012 09:15:13 13,243 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I enjoyed pootling around repairing a base yesterday. One thing had something like 15 turrets, so I just flew from one to another and sorted them all out. XP XP XP.

Map was practically "ours" at one point until a large scale base take over seemed to draw attention away from borders, letting little hit squads encroach on territory.

I wonder if it is possible to take over a map?

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• magicpanda 23 Nov 2012 10:07:22 13,248 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This really clicked this morning. Absolutely epic battle with a few hundred people and a proper stalemate battlefront with everything involved. Love it.

Edited by magicpanda at 10:08:01 23-11-2012
  • TheRealBadabing 23 Nov 2012 10:13:58 1,279 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Double Station Cash today for Black Friday.

Good timing so close to launch but remember that anything you buy is tied to one character on one server.
  • Widge Moderator 23 Nov 2012 10:17:11 13,243 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    This really clicked this morning. Absolutely epic battle with a few hundred people and a proper stalemate battlefront with everything involved. Love it.
    I love those scenarios. Some people might find it weird, but an epic hour long scrap over a front line is really satisfying when you break through/fight a desperate defense.

_ _ _

• orpheus 23 Nov 2012 14:18:04 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Andy - there were issues with the login server again last night, til nearly 9 or so (G37 error), and though the servers were fine from 9-12 ish, when I logged back in to sort more invites later that night they'd gone wonky again. It's unavoidable; they're getting a lot more load than they expected, and Prosiebenwank are renowned for shite servers and poor service. The game will likely stabilise over the coming days, just gotta roll with it til it does.

Vanu are purple, if you get stuck in the selection screen with no faction names showing. Miller is the server you want.

@Widge - yep, it's possible to take over a map, in fact our squad did it last night on Esamir, despite a minor server outage for a few mins. Took a Galaxy and dropped on the last hex controlled by TR, and wiped them out. Felt good :D

If a single faction owns all the hexes on a continent (except the warpgates, obviously), the continent provides a reduction in spawn cost for infantry/ground/air, depending on which continent it is. Expect Esamir to be the one most people fight over as the metagame matures, as it provides 10% reduction in tank costs.

@Madwlf and any others looking to join the outfit go Vanu faction, Miller server - add 'Saul' in game and I'll get you set up. Having TS3 installed in advance would be a help, as the in-game voip is beyond awful at the moment and shows no sign of improvement.

Edited by orpheus at 14:18:15 23-11-2012

Edited by orpheus at 14:18:53 23-11-2012
  • Widge Moderator 23 Nov 2012 14:38:26 13,243 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When did that happen on Esamir, I added and joined and then you guys started to leave shortly after! (it was 12ish)

I guess I was seeing the aftermath of that takeover, the map was significantly occupied when I joined in, but the foes were starting to encroach.

_ _ _

• orpheus 23 Nov 2012 15:04:30 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    When did that happen on Esamir, I added and joined and then you guys started to leave shortly after! (it was 12ish)

I guess I was seeing the aftermath of that takeover, the map was significantly occupied when I joined in, but the foes were starting to encroach.
    Yeah was just a bit before you arrived I think, soon as it was fully taken ALL THE VS went to Indar and started steamrolling the TR, lol. Was probably the largest zerg I've seen yet, must've been 100+ tanks and god knows how many infantry - there were so many that the fights were over before they started! :D

TS3 will be essential until either the in-game voice is sorted - details are in the outfit message of the day now for easy access.

Fair few of the EU lot logged around 12, myself included, but there will be a reasonable US contingent coming in over the next few days, so round-the-clock action will be a bit easier to get into.

Edited by orpheus at 15:05:38 23-11-2012
  • TheRealBadabing 23 Nov 2012 15:07:15 1,279 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    TS3 will be essential until either the in-game voice is sorted - details are in the outfit message of the day now for easy access.
    Could you copy the details here so we can have it set up before joining? Would save a lot of alt-tabbing and faffing around.

Oh and an invite would be great this evening if the server is working : ThatsNoMoon
  • orpheus 23 Nov 2012 15:14:03 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    orpheus wrote:
    Could you copy the details here so we can have it set up before joining? Would save a lot of alt-tabbing and faffing around.

Oh and an invite would be great this evening if the server is working : ThatsNoMoon
    No, because it's not my server, and thus not my place to spam it everywhere. Not being difficult (honest), but I have a responsibility to the guys who run it not to take the piss. It only takes a minute to sort out, so it's not really a hardship. ;)

Will chuck you a friend request now and sort outfit invites later, will likely be on around 8ish. :)

EDIT: Sent.

Edited by orpheus at 15:16:37 23-11-2012
  • madwlf 23 Nov 2012 15:27:45 74 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @orpheus Okay will do mate. Hope it's like the old Eve Online days! Will hopefully be on later tonight at some point.

Edited by madwlf at 15:28:04 23-11-2012
  • varkdm 23 Nov 2012 15:35:04 3 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @magicpanda if you go to the main planetside 2 site and look at the video tutorials there is a good one that breaks down how to cap/defend a base, which goes into detail about the generators.

Essentially the key parts of a base are protected by shields - outer gates, inner gates, spawn control unit and usually the main capture point. There are symbols on the shield - look a the shield, then find the corresponding shield on the minimap.. go there, plant a bomb (use key) on the gen, then about 2 minutes later the bombs goes off and destroys the gen, shield goes down. But watch the tutorial videos because there are some.. nuances to this.
  • orpheus 23 Nov 2012 15:38:52 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @madwlf you'll definitely see a few familiar faces! :D
  • Liniert 23 Nov 2012 15:46:13 8 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do not buy the Infiltrator pack, the sniper rifle that comes with it does not have a sniper scope available, not even one to unlock, only things available are 4 ACOG type scopes and 2 reflex. Completely worthless for a bolt action sniper that's meant to have "very long" range
  • orpheus 23 Nov 2012 15:54:19 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Liniert wrote:
    Do not buy the Infiltrator pack, the sniper rifle that comes with it does not have a sniper scope available, not even one to unlock, only things available are 4 ACOG type scopes and 2 reflex. Completely worthless for a bolt action sniper that's meant to have "very long" range
    Get the V10 for Vanu bolt action sniping. Headshotting noobs erryday.
  • orpheus 23 Nov 2012 18:05:29 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Right, long-term voice solution has been sorted. Download Vent, we probably won't be using TS3 as it was only just a stand-in option til we got our shit sorted.

Server: vent16.gamespeak.com

Port: 4375

Password: fag

Join this steam group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpshplanetside#

Add Saul or Eben as friends in-game and one or the other of us will sort you an outfit invite. This will be standard from now on; anyone already in just needs to sort the vent out basically. :)
  • MikeP 23 Nov 2012 18:26:41 1,765 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I grabbed the new client this afternoon. Feels like it's performing better than the beta.

Saul, you need to bump me up from scrub status in the outfit too :)
  • Clive_Dunn 23 Nov 2012 19:26:02 4,775 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ok then purple boys, I'm going to forsake the glorious NC and my lovely vanguard for a bit of EG action. Get ready for ineptitude as I've not played since the early days of PS1.
  • orpheus 23 Nov 2012 20:36:19 993 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Clive_Dunn Nice one Clive, there's a squad up now. Add Eben as a friend (as I'm offline for a bit) hop in the Ventrilo server above, join the steam group etc and you'll be good to go. :)
  • madwlf 23 Nov 2012 22:04:09 74 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was crashing every time I launched, turned out to by because my 360 controller was plugged in. Now getting a GAME ERROR G37 at 48%.. Will have to google it.
  • madwlf 23 Nov 2012 22:26:07 74 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hmm can get into the game now but all the menu buttons say ##.ui such as '##ui.exit' can't see any of the server names either.
    Verified all files and it says everything is fine but looks to me like my install has fucked somehow.
    Will download through Steam but that means no playing for me this weekend :(
  • overcorpse 23 Nov 2012 23:02:13 261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @madwlf G37 is a network error i believe.When i get that i cannot log in at all so i have to reboot and then everything is fine.

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• madwlf 23 Nov 2012 23:06:27 74 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @overcorpse Yep got it working after a restart thanks. Looks so pretty! Didn't have a clue what I was doing but at least its working now. Will hopefully join up with everyone next week.
  • andytheadequate 23 Nov 2012 23:30:00 8,075 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @madwlf - I got exactly the same issues. Apparently I was missing some files so it started redownloading through steam. I raised a ticket but no answer yet
  • andytheadequate 24 Nov 2012 00:08:40 8,075 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    madwlf wrote:
    hmm can get into the game now but all the menu buttons say ##.ui such as '##ui.exit' can't see any of the server names either.
    Verified all files and it says everything is fine but looks to me like my install has fucked somehow.
    Will download through Steam but that means no playing for me this weekend :(
    Just got an answer from support: Exit the game, load it up and on the start screen change the language, change the language back to the previous one, then see if that fixes it
  • Page

of 63 First / Last