Planetside 2 Page 55

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• orpheus 11 Aug 2013 22:37:54 984 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah lol what a joke. We crashed the test server half an hour before the event started, then crashed woodman after everyone got bored waiting.

Then the test server went back up about an hour later, but by then all the organising leadership had left, and the whole thing fell apart.

Real shame as so much effort went into arranging it all. :(
  • Bleh 11 Aug 2013 23:11:50 233 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ow that's a shame. Lets hope Sony got enough data so things like this wont happen again.
  • Widge Moderator 12 Aug 2013 13:05:00 12,581 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Maybe the servers got

(_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■.)

Swamped.

Edited by Widge at 13:05:23 12-08-2013

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• RedSparrows 12 Aug 2013 17:54:23 20,739 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Warpgates have swapped again. Vanu are majorly down on all three continents, but pop is awol.

Just killed 10 noobs for no death at a base on Esamir. As a medic, lol. Run and gun works nicely against BR3s.
  • Widge Moderator 16 Aug 2013 14:26:02 12,581 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Went on this last night, Vanu were the dominating faction population wise on Miller.

The base layout changes are rather significant, I feel like I don't know where I am at the moment.

Skyguard. This feels shit now. Feel like I am wafting bullets in the air.

Cert count is just over 160, feel like I have been amassing nicely. Don't know what I'll get with it all though!

_ _ _

• DUFFKING 16 Aug 2013 15:03:30 6,484 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    The skyguard has been buffed massively to be the best AA in the game now. Has it been a while since you used it? The projectile speed got a pretty big buff.

I'd actually saved up 3500 certs by yesterday, blew all of them at once on finishing maxining nanoweave for all my classes (except engineer)
  • Widge Moderator 16 Aug 2013 17:16:36 12,581 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Really? Maybe I am just used to the burster, I felt a bit useless lastnight.

Tbh, I was tired when I went on and not massively in the zone. I'll try again with a new brain on.

_ _ _

• DUFFKING 16 Aug 2013 17:20:05 6,484 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The bursters got nerfed too, they have a pretty massive cone of fire now so they're far less effective at range.
  • orpheus 16 Aug 2013 18:17:17 984 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Really? Maybe I am just used to the burster, I felt a bit useless lastnight.

Tbh, I was tired when I went on and not massively in the zone. I'll try again with a new brain on.
    Yeah, basically now the Burster/Skyguard roles have been reversed. Skyguard is nasty as hell now even out to longer ranges, Burster's only good for sub-400 metres or so.

I've been so swamped with work I've not been on all week, but I am planning some good sessions over the weekend. Hopefully see a few of you on!
  • RedSparrows 16 Aug 2013 18:49:19 20,739 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Skyguard is uber, but as ever, you shoot and shoot and then the damn ESF just escapes over that bloody hill...

... and you go 'fuck it' and chase and die in 15 seconds.
  • DUFFKING 16 Aug 2013 19:03:35 6,484 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Skyguards are about waiting for the right moment to fire in my experience. Get them on their approach, as they're lining up an attack and easiest to hit, and you give yourself plenty of time to get massive burst damage and chip away as they fly off. If you can get 100% accuracy for a few seconds it's easy to finish them off, as opposed to firing as soon as you see them. Let them get close so they feel safe, then scare the shit out of them.

Alternatively have 2 outfit members grab one too and just obliterate all air.
  • Nasty 18 Aug 2013 19:04:21 4,726 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good to be back playing this but the only buttons I can remember are WASD :(.

Time for some RTFM before jumping on tonight.
  • Phattso Moderator 20 Aug 2013 09:21:13 12,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I installed this and jumped on for a short time today. Graphics performance is strangely variable; one moment I'm tipping along at 60+ FPS and then I turn a corner and it's down to sub-20.

Aside from basically being shooty shooty, the game appears quite impenetrable. The scale is really quite massive, and having the first clue where the hell to go at a given moment is an effort in itself. To the wikis, methinks! :)
  • RedSparrows 20 Aug 2013 09:31:19 20,739 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Game is a bit funny re: optimisation, I think. Really looking forward to PS4 release so AMD PCs have a better time of it.

Join UBAD, follow waypoints, shoot baddies! Miller Vanu! FOR THE HIVEMIND!
  • RedSparrows 20 Aug 2013 09:39:47 20,739 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PS Had a great time with VC at Scarred Mesa > pushing East the other day.

Massive NC force vs us smaller VC, but we nuked them. It was nuts: was healing all over the shop, just sprinting for the bodies and then burst firing at stray NC, as tanks and planes exploded EVERYWHERE.
  • Widge Moderator 20 Aug 2013 10:16:00 12,581 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Aside from basically being shooty shooty, the game appears quite impenetrable. The scale is really quite massive, and having the first clue where the hell to go at a given moment is an effort in itself. To the wikis, methinks! :)
    The wiki's are good for reading up on what weapons you might want to buy, what the scopes do etc (remembering that you can test weapons before you buy too).

My sage advice for starting out is:

1) get a rail stabilizer for your gun
    2) play as a medic and take up a supporting role to earn certs for 1)
    3) if you are playing solo but have established yourself fighting in an area, Insert to auto-squad

That should ease things in a bit. Being able to aim a bit better and getting together with a group who are doing objectives is generally a good way to get hooked in.

I just thought of something.

Planetside 2
    Playstation 4
    All Playstation 4 games must have Vita remote play
    Planetside 2 on the pooper?

_ _ _

• Phattso Moderator 20 Aug 2013 10:20:12 12,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, my issues were a lot more fundamental than what gun to pick. "I'm in this place.... where now?" :)

I think it's because the UI is in super-miniature mode. Once I get in there and tweak things a bit hopefully some nice handy "go here now, dumbass" arrows will become visible and I can start to make some progress.
  • DUFFKING 20 Aug 2013 10:27:29 6,484 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    I've actually gone off foregrips/compensators for a lot of my guns. In most cases I use a laser sight and nothing else now. The only guns I use foregrips on are ones with equal recoil patterns for the most part. Anything that recoils in a single direction I find is super easy to control anyway and it's nice to have the hipfire bonus at close range.
  • PearOfAnguish 20 Aug 2013 11:42:26 6,978 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    The skyguard has been buffed massively to be the best AA in the game now. Has it been a while since you used it? The projectile speed got a pretty big buff.

I'd actually saved up 3500 certs by yesterday, blew all of them at once on finishing maxining nanoweave for all my classes (except engineer)
    You had a lot of certs to play with, and maybe you had nothing else to spend this on, but for other players: Nanoweave level 1 offers the biggest increase in protection (and is very cheap), while taking it to NW 3 prevents OHK headshots from sniper rifles at long range. Levels 4 and 5 are very expensive for a minor increase in protection. The certs are better spent elsewhere unless you've fully kitted out all your other classes and vehicles or you're dead set on becoming the hardiest HA tank.
  • Widge Moderator 20 Aug 2013 12:05:27 12,581 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    I've actually gone off foregrips/compensators for a lot of my guns. In most cases I use a laser sight and nothing else now. The only guns I use foregrips on are ones with equal recoil patterns for the most part. Anything that recoils in a single direction I find is super easy to control anyway and it's nice to have the hipfire bonus at close range.
    What do you roll with instead of the grip then?

_ _ _

• PearOfAnguish 20 Aug 2013 12:36:02 6,978 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He said in the bit you quoted - laser sight.
  • DUFFKING 20 Aug 2013 12:49:41 6,484 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Widge wrote:

You had a lot of certs to play with, and maybe you had nothing else to spend this on, but for other players: Nanoweave level 1 offers the biggest increase in protection (and is very cheap), while taking it to NW 3 prevents OHK headshots from sniper rifles at long range. Levels 4 and 5 are very expensive for a minor increase in protection. The certs are better spent elsewhere unless you've fully kitted out all your other classes and vehicles or you're dead set on becoming the hardiest HA tank.
    Or as a different perspective, nanoweave offers a 25% health boost at level 5, which amounts to 125 extra health. Most guns hit in the range of 143-100 damage (at 60m) which means that until you reach level 5 you don't really have enough extra health to even survive one extra bullet.

Statistically, nanoweave is utterly useless in almost all situations at all levels, but I don't really see the point in most of the other suit slots. I have grenade bandolier maxed on a couple of classes, shield capacitor on a few, flak on most. I don't really use them that much though so figured I'd spend them on nanoweave since I find myself in situations where if I'd reached a corner 1 second faster I'd have survived.

And yeah, I've got everything certed that I could possibly want, really. The only stuff I really want to spend stuff on now is Magrider main cannon reload speeds etc.

When I run as a HA, I use the Maxed Adrenaline shield, and either nanoweave or grenade bandolier so I can have lots of concs. Either way I play super aggresively as HA so either works nicely.

Widge wrote:
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    What do you roll with instead of the grip then?
    A laser. I hardly ever use compensators though, since vertical recoil is nice and easy to control, and compensators reduce hipfire accuracy. A good weapon to see the difference on is the NS-15M, the recoil is just as easy to control with/without the comp/grip combo, so you might as well stick a laser on it and choose your preferred ammo type and have a really nice all-round LMG. It's actually one of TR's favourite LMGs because most of theirs suck balls.

Edited by DUFFKING at 12:53:06 20-08-2013
  • PearOfAnguish 20 Aug 2013 12:55:25 6,978 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vertical recoil can actually be helpful - aim a burst at the neck and the recoil will walk the bullets up to a headshot.

It's actually one of TR's favourite LMGs because most of theirs suck balls.
    The default Carv is surprisingly good with a few certs invested, the TMG-50 is a real nice med/long range option, and I hear the MSW-R is decent in CQC, very cheap too.
  • DUFFKING 20 Aug 2013 13:09:34 6,484 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Suck is perhaps an overstatement, but they're definitely worse across the board compared to what Vanu/NC get. They all have equal recoil recoil patterns as opposed to having a single direction, and that type of recoil is impossible to manually compensate for and makes them feel far less accurate. I didn't really gel with any of them on the PTS event, the TMG didn't feel as solid to me as the Ursa/GD22s felt, the MSW felt like a poor mans Orion/Anchor. I did like the Bull, however.

For the PTS event all of Woodman's factions/outfits formed mixed platoons and most of the TR guys recommended the NS-15 over their faction guns because they hate the recoil patterns.

I find first shot recoil a more important thing to consider than vertical recoil. I find that effects long range performance more than overall recoil. It's why I prefer the SVA-88 to the LSW in spite of the SVA's equal recoil (one of the few guns I use a grip on since it actually make a lot of difference).

Edited by DUFFKING at 13:09:59 20-08-2013
  • DUFFKING 20 Aug 2013 20:40:19 6,484 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/369862354327986177

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/369864332923777026

"team will be shifting their priorities...on optimization. It's unacceptable as it stands."

"this is going to take some understanding on your part players - when we focus on this it means other stuff waits. But this is critical."

I for one can get behind this
  • orpheus 20 Aug 2013 23:35:42 984 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Or in other words, Hossin murders framerates due to the huge foliage increase and they've got to do something about it before releasing it. :D
  • Errol 21 Aug 2013 23:15:19 12,373 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They need to get continent locking in asap.
  • DUFFKING 27 Aug 2013 23:12:26 6,484 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    100 kills in under an hour. Had to snipe the last few as after we pushed across the bridges from regent rock kills are hard to come by...

http://i.imgur.com/4T36Bj9.jpg
  • Skinja 28 Aug 2013 04:40:35 71 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    PS4 launch, why you so far away!? I want to play Planetside now! Is anybody here going to be getting a PS4 and might try out Planetside even though they've already got it? My main concern at this point is the size of the community on PS4.
  • Widge Moderator 28 Aug 2013 09:36:16 12,581 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    He said in the bit you quoted - laser sight.
    I thought you could have grip AND laser sight?

_ _ _

• Page

of 62 First / Last