Planetside 2 Page 53

• Page

of 64 First / Last

• JiveHound 19 Jul 2013 09:54:42 2,536 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    binky wrote:
    I'm still itching to play this, I really do hope it takes off on PS4 - I also hope enough of my friends list switches from xbox to PS4 with me to make it fun!

Love that they've gone back to the drawing board on the implant thing, showing that they're listening to the community; rather than having a my way or the high way attitude.
    I had a brief dabble with the PC version but I think I'm going to hold off and play it properly when I get my shiny new PS4. I think I'll enjoy it more on that and I know for a fact it will look/run better than on my meagre rig.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• fletch7100 19 Jul 2013 19:36:11 7,348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?11020-Call-To-Arms-21st-July

PC Gamer have challenged Rock,Paper,Shotgun to another head to head on 21st of July from 7pm UK.
  • PearOfAnguish 20 Jul 2013 11:05:48 7,367 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I was gonna jump online for that, anyone else gonna join the ruck?
  • Errol 20 Jul 2013 12:24:30 12,497 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PC version will be/is obviously superior. It's the only way to play if you have the equipment for it.

I still play the whole time. My characters are:

Errol -- on Woodman as Vanu.

maxkeiser -- on Miller as New Conglomerate

Edited by Errol at 12:25:13 20-07-2013
  • orpheus 20 Jul 2013 13:50:51 1,007 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Yeah, I was gonna jump online for that, anyone else gonna join the ruck?
    Yeah I'll be on, most of the bads should be.

@Reacher sorry I've not had chance to properly sort your invite yet, was out the last two nights! Will get it done today if you're on.
  • orpheus 20 Jul 2013 14:32:32 1,007 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also, can't believe no one's posted this yet:

Resources are reduced to a single currency and acquisition timers are removed.
    Inventory for infantry items is removed - changed to pay on use.
    Individual Bases/Facilities supply Resources for local players.
    Bases/Facilities have a power level that is drained by providing resources to local players.
    There is a passive power regen to offset the cost of small skirmishes and to restore full power when no combat is taking place.
    Full powered bases provide more resources than low powered ones.
    The more players being given resources, the faster the power drain.
    Addition of Auraxium Crystals/Mines as a power source.
    These are resource nodes added in between facilities.
    Vehicles fitted with appropriate equipment can load up auraxium at these nodes.
    This auraxium can be transported to a base to manually refill it’s power reserves.
    When a base is totally out of power, no resources are provided to the friendly troops in the area. This allows the attacker cut off entrenched defenders from using resources if they can keep supply vehicles from breaking their blockade.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/september-resource-revamp.83018/

Each of our current continents (Indar, Esamir, Amerish) becomes a home continent for an Empire.
    Each empire has a single “Home Warpgate” on their home continent that can never be taken from them.
    All other warpgates can now change hands like regular territory (details here still being worked out, so let us know if you have ideas).
    By taking control of a warpgate, your empire can now advance along any continental lattice connected to it.
    Hossin is given three warpgates, one connected to Indar, one to Esamir, and one to Amerish. >There is no home warpgate on Hossin.
    Battle Islands fall between continents on all the links not leading to Hossin.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/november-continent-locking.82996/

and finally:

Few clarifications to some questions here and on other feedback channels:

There are two resources: Facility resource (power), and Personal Resource (nanites). Personal resource income is affected by power level. So a facility at 50% power will have half the resource income to players being supplied by that facility.

Power is drained based on players being supplied, not their actions. So one player pulling a vehicle is not going to be harmful. The more players being supplied the more power is drained (it's a stepwise function, not linear). Idea is that small groups will have little or no effect on power drain but it is a much more significant factor in larger battles. The 'steps' closely map to the activity levels - squad, 2 squads, platoon, 2 platoons, etc.

Warpgates provide a small amount of power inflow to connected facilities. This is enough to offset any drain for small groups, and empty facilities will slowly recharge over time on their own (so no running around fueling up bases). Severing lattice where possible can be very impactful to the facilities that are cut off.

How players spend their resulting resources does not affect other players. That part of the system works the same as it does today - players have resources and they spend them on vehicles and consumables. Instead of having 3 separate resources there will be one resource.

Roughly speaking you should be able to go from empty to full resources in about 10 minutes in ideal conditions. That may change but that's the ballpark. The goal is that if you want to do one thing like drive tanks or fly aircraft, you can do that if you save your resources for those things. We also don't want to have too much save-up power so you are affected when resource income is reduced. Deep pockets insulates that so we don't want pockets to be too deep.

Acquisition timer certs will likely be refunded. This seems like the most fair way to handle it.
    The power-fetching aspect is intended to be focused around large battles to spread them out. Power-carrying vehicles would show up on the continent map so they would be mobile objectives, primarily for vehicle combat. This isn't intended to be a boring tedious thing so much as a sort of capture-the-flag style gameplay where the power carrier is highly likely to see action.
    Warpgates are facilities that do not suffer power drain, so they are always available as a recharge point.
  • RedSparrows 26 Jul 2013 12:45:24 23,236 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Continent stuff sounds awesome - except, each home continent will surely just be locked down by that team? Hossin will be an epic fight, but the others?

I hope we get Indar. Amerish renders horribly in day time for me - looks wank.

In other news: gone off PS2 a bit. Think I'll give it a wee break and return for Battle Isles. Or in 3 days. Whichever is sooner (!).

And I like the idea of resource nodes between bases, etc. Gives space for more meaningful hit and run stuff - UBAD air squads etc. I like the idea of Scything a supply column. Resource management, if done well, could really make the game more interesting: as does an extra continent and the Isles.

Edited by RedSparrows at 12:51:22 26-07-2013
  • PearOfAnguish 26 Jul 2013 12:55:54 7,367 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New stuff added in the patch recently. Pistols for all factions (the new VS one looks a bit shit, but the NC got a burst pistol), the NS SMG and EXTRA PEW PEW for VS guns. The new sounds are much better.
  • RedSparrows 26 Jul 2013 12:57:05 23,236 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, Vanu weapons sound so much better. I swear I was aiming better because of it.
  • PearOfAnguish 26 Jul 2013 12:59:33 7,367 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We're due improved models as well. Hopefully it'll make each weapon a bit more distinct.
  • Widge Moderator 26 Jul 2013 13:55:53 13,696 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds like a fight to lock up Hossin and use it as a basis for attacking one of the others. I like it. Especially with another 2 or 3 continents on the way.

Base power sounds almost RTS-ish. Like you could play the role of a C&C harvester!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• RedSparrows 26 Jul 2013 14:02:48 23,236 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A C&C harvester would be amazing, pincers and all. Maybe if you ran people over they could go 'squelch'?
  • PearOfAnguish 27 Jul 2013 11:13:30 7,367 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PS2 retail is out next month. Good value for £7.54:

24 Carat Power Pack

Exclusive to the retail version: exclusive golden SMGs for each of the three empires:
    Vanu Sovereignty Eridani SX5-G: The Eridani SX5 fully automatic submachine gun excels in close quarter combat situations.
    New Conglomerate AF-4 Cyclone-G: The AF-4 Cyclone is a fully automatic submachine gun that has a higher damage output than most weapons in its class.
    Terran Republic SMG-46 Armistice-G: The SMG-46 Armistice fully automatic submachine gun features a fast rate of fire and larger than average ammunition capacity.

7-day +50% XP boost: increases experience gain by 50% for 7 days on your character

1000 SevenCash / Station Cash (worth € 8.99 / 7.99 GBP), redeemable through PlanetSide 2 accounts from ProSiebenSat.1 Games and Sony Online Entertainment.

Battle Buddy:
    This 3-day +50% XP boost code can be given to a buddy or squadmate to increase experience gain by 50% for 3 days on their character
  • Errol 28 Jul 2013 14:02:10 12,497 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    PC version will be/is obviously superior. It's the only way to play if you have the equipment for it.

I still play the whole time. My characters are:

Errol -- on Woodman as Vanu.

maxkeiser -- on Miller as New Conglomerate

I'm playing a lot atm. Welcome to join me. KOTV on Woodman (Vanu) is a huge outfit and a lot of fun.

Free to play, remember.
  • Carbon_Altered 30 Jul 2013 08:21:16 675 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I caught the tail end of something odd last night - hundreds of Vanu had changed their name to "Zombie" and were carrying out some kind of zerg.

Anyway, after that died down I had a good evening. Some big battles going off on Indar.
  • Duffking 3 Aug 2013 02:56:43 7,337 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Almost got angry tonight - 10 minutes left of an alert and crashed to desktop. Luckily when I relogged I was still in my squad.
  • orpheus 3 Aug 2013 13:07:45 1,007 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Carbon_Altered wrote:
    So I caught the tail end of something odd last night - hundreds of Vanu had changed their name to "Zombie" and were carrying out some kind of zerg.

Anyway, after that died down I had a good evening. Some big battles going off on Indar.
    Yeah that was RPS' 'zombie night' :)

I had to take a few days off as my PSU gave up the ghost, but am back now. There's going to be a big event in a week or so on Hossin on the Test Server - meeting and test this Sunday I think, then the actual event next Sunday.

Basically what's going to happen is: a faction is being picked per server for the entire server to join on Test. Miller VS, TR and NC will all be on one faction and in one TS, and we will fight two other continents worth of players (Cobalt and Waterson I think, bad memory - details also on Reddit).

Should be a very fun event if all goes to plan. UBAD are being asked to run fast response or possibly air and will probably have support from friends in INI and BRTD. Get the test server and join us this Sunday and next for some good fights on Hossin!
  • Errol 8 Aug 2013 19:56:03 12,497 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No idea why Woodman got TR for the 'event'. The biggest outfit on the server (in the entire game) is Vanu - KOTV.

Vanu own Woodman and basically define it.
  • Bleh 8 Aug 2013 20:53:15 245 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @orpheus

I'm afraid I wont make it on Sunday. Shame because it sounds interesting.
  • orpheus 9 Aug 2013 00:10:37 1,007 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Errol

I think the point was to do something different?

@ Bleh

Yeah that is a shame. Ah well there'll no doubt be another :)
  • TheDarkKnight 9 Aug 2013 11:53:33 695 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Any chance of linking up with some EG'ers on this? I played some Planetside 1 and have booted up P2 but want to join up with some guys to hold my hand for a while :)

A silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight. Twitch PSN The_Apostle

• RedSparrows 9 Aug 2013 12:03:00 23,236 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good fights last night: had an awesome time above Sierro in a Scythe. Shot down 3 Libs and an ESF, nuked a couple of Harassers, and even picked off infantry.

Ended when I got cocky and tried to take on a Skyguard - was never going to work. Still, 16-1 isn't bad for a nub like me. Of course, I soon wrecked my KD in that frantic fight on Indar. Rather than sitting on a clifftop, I jumped into the ravine - BALLS DEEP.

I did, however, kill two guys with my pistol, as they both shot at me. Was satisfying.
  • PearOfAnguish 9 Aug 2013 12:17:30 7,367 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheDarkKnight wrote:
    Any chance of linking up with some EG'ers on this? I played some Planetside 1 and have booted up P2 but want to join up with some guys to hold my hand for a while :)
  • TheDarkKnight 9 Aug 2013 12:20:16 695 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @PearOfAnguish I am already signed up, but I can't remember as what or what server. I am pretty sure I'm NC. I don't mind making a new character though, I've not leveled up at all. Do all the EG'ers play Vanu?

• PearOfAnguish 9 Aug 2013 12:36:51 7,367 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TheDarkKnight Not all but there's a reasonable number of us on Miller. Send a friend request to Saul when you're done and he'll set you up with an outfit invite.
  • TheDarkKnight 9 Aug 2013 12:43:35 695 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Nice one, thanks.

Ok, I am Th3DarkKnight on Miller. Hit me ups! :)

Edited by TheDarkKnight at 14:24:43 09-08-2013

• fletch7100 9 Aug 2013 17:11:05 7,348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any difference between downloading this off the PS2 site or Steam?
    Also which is the EGer faction and area I should join?

Bit of a PC newbie :)
  • Shikasama 9 Aug 2013 17:13:42 6,955 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LIVE FREE IN THE NC!
  • TheDarkKnight 9 Aug 2013 17:30:48 695 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I like the 'instant action' button, that helps a lot! Got my key bindings similar to BF so that's nice.

• andytheadequate 9 Aug 2013 17:46:23 8,260 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Any difference between downloading this off the PS2 site or Steam?
    Also which is the EGer faction and area I should join?

Bit of a PC newbie :)
    Ignore the NC traitor! A lot of us are on Miller server, Vanu faction.

Feel free to add me to steam Fletch
  • Page

of 64 First / Last