Planetside 2 Page 44

• Page

of 63 First / Last

• SnipeyUK 28 Mar 2013 14:35:51 29 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just logged in and can see that somehow TR have managed to take Indar on Miller... probably at 3am with minimal population of the other factions.

Edited by SnipeyUK at 18:18:41 28-03-2013
  • DUFFKING 28 Mar 2013 21:29:50 7,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Woodman has gone insane since becomming a 'recommended' server.

Twice in the last week it's had all 3 continents full 0_o
  • Errol 31 Mar 2013 09:40:43 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Woodman has gone insane since becomming a 'recommended' server.

Twice in the last week it's had all 3 continents full 0_o

Full of BR1 new joiners.

Miller is still the home of the PS2 community - with all the players from PS1 and most large established outifts.

Remember double XP and SC this weekend!
  • Errol 31 Mar 2013 14:42:31 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    STILL DOUBLE XP and SC people.

Still loving this game. The best thing since BF2142!
  • Widge Moderator 31 Mar 2013 16:34:28 13,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a moment to on and get SC. bought the AV Turret and the AA gun for the sundy. Irritatingly have 670 cash in a world where everything costs 700.

Ran about a base healing stuff before deciding to test out my AA sundy add on.

En route to battle, a single aircraft thought the spotted an easy kill. I parked, got in turret and dispatched. Rather pleasing.

What is the mechanic of a continent lock then? How do you break the thing?

Edited by Widge at 16:36:48 31-03-2013

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• orpheus 31 Mar 2013 18:03:20 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    'Locking' in its current incarnation works as follows. To take a continent, you have to capture every hex. If you control the entire cont, it becomes yours. To remove it, you need only to remove all of the controlling factions hexes.

So right now, the focus for Indar should be gating the TR and removing their lock - something we've come quite close to several times since they did it. However, the NC either don't realise this is how it works and attack us when they could/should be hitting the TR, or the two factions are still vaguely in collusion and the NC are actively trying to thwart attempts to remove the TR lock. I'm honestly not sure which of the two it is!
  • Widge Moderator 31 Mar 2013 18:54:27 13,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Odd. I'm sure the continent locking had been there for ages. I often used to see the continent selection blobs different colours way before this was announced.

Does it give a bit of a fanfare and a prize now?

Poor old Vanu seems to be the lesser faction on Miller now.

Edited by Widge at 18:55:07 31-03-2013

_ _ _

• Gunzberg 31 Mar 2013 19:33:02 1,730 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I play as TR on Miller and honestly the Vanu never seem a threat.

Those NC buggers though...my they can put up stiff resistance at times.

When the TR zerg begins Vanu always falls fast even with a decent population online.

Which is interesting for me as I was originally going to pick Vanu but my outfit plays as TR.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Widge Moderator 31 Mar 2013 19:40:08 13,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think I have seen that AVF are TR on Miller.

_ _ _

• Clive_Dunn 31 Mar 2013 19:40:16 4,775 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Worst weapons, poor organisation, nerfed armour, lowest pop by miles for the VS.

Nice to see SOE give us some love with the empire launchers though - oh wait, we get the shittest weapon again. Cheers then.
  • orpheus 31 Mar 2013 19:50:57 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah it's been like that since Beta Widge.

@Gunzberg hardly surprising really - Vanu had decent pop on Miller to begin with, but since the magrider/saron nerf, the 4th Empire faggots have all fucked off to TR & NC. NC started out with the lowest world population on Miller, but it's now Vanu and has been for quite a while. TR pop hovers in the high 40%, NC in the high 30s and VS now in the mid to high 20s even at peak times.

Takes the piss a bit really, they never should have allowed multiple-faction characters on one account. On the plus side shotguns and scatmaxes are due for a nerf soon, so maybe that'll rebalance the population some.
  • Gunzberg 31 Mar 2013 22:38:50 1,730 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Saying that Vanu kicked our asses a bit tonight on Amrish but that was primarily due to the TR frontline being massively stretched and NC hitting us in the back.

Still I always have the impression that the average Vanu soldier falls faster to my weapons vs an NC soldier (who usually kills me even when I get the drop on them at times)

According to my outfit who came from NC or tested NC, the NC guns are more accurate and more powerful. Who knows if that's true but I feel there might be something to it

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Widge Moderator 1 Apr 2013 01:18:22 13,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Vanu feel like home and it is where the EG community seems to be, so I wouldn't see myself moving!

_ _ _

• Errol 3 Apr 2013 22:03:18 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I love the magrider.
  • Errol 6 Apr 2013 16:43:50 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone else on Woodman as Vanu?
  • DUFFKING 6 Apr 2013 18:13:16 7,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    Anyone else on Woodman as Vanu?
    Me!
  • Errol 6 Apr 2013 18:25:37 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DUFFKING

Cool. I'm in FVK as Errol.
  • orpheus 6 Apr 2013 19:12:31 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some great battles last night. Couple days ago VS (including UBAD & other Vanu Accord members) took Indar during the daytime, circa 10am, which has led to a forum thread full of TR sperging rage - and some hefty attempts to break our lock.

We locked down Allatum last night and saw off hours of NC assaults while the TR gated us, then TRAM (terran alliance miller) sent a 50-strong max crash our way, trying to steamroller us as we were down to the last five or so hexes. We smashed the TR max crash and sent the elmo's running, and still have indar :D. Have a feeling we capped Amerish as well last night after I logged too.

We may be the lowest pop on Miller, but we can still kick arse!
  • DUFFKING 7 Apr 2013 07:02:14 7,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    @DUFFKING

Cool. I'm in FVK as Errol.
    Ah the zergfest outfit ;-)† I'm a squad leader in VVG playing as Duffk1ng as duffking was taken for some reason.
  • Errol 7 Apr 2013 14:34:23 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I joined FVK from day 1 after beta (well almost day 1). It wasn't a zerg at first but has now turned into something of a monster - capable of fielding 2 and almost 3 FULL platoons at any one time.

More than 3000 members I believe.
  • DUFFKING 7 Apr 2013 18:47:13 7,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it seems to have grown pretty rapidly. We've noticed you guys seem a bit more organised lately. I used to see massive FVK zergs on Indar every night but I get the impression you split your numbers up a bit more now.

We're a fair bit slower with our recruitment but we get a full platoon most nights of the week.

Edited by DUFFKING at 18:48:00 07-04-2013
  • DUFFKING 19 Apr 2013 11:22:29 7,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just a bit of warpgate fun
    http://youtu.be/nt9fibU59yo
  • Errol 19 Apr 2013 12:02:16 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Really like what they've done with the magrider. STrafe speed is back and FUN is back!
  • Errol 19 Apr 2013 12:03:08 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Yeah, it seems to have grown pretty rapidly. We've noticed you guys seem a bit more organised lately. I used to see massive FVK zergs on Indar every night but I get the impression you split your numbers up a bit more now.

We're a fair bit slower with our recruitment but we get a full platoon most nights of the week.
    FVK is gone now - something to do with the original starter of the clan. Nearly all the members are in KOTV (Keepers of the Void).
  • Errol 21 Apr 2013 11:39:30 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bump.
  • figgis 21 Apr 2013 12:36:58 7,383 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christ how come every time I turn this on it needs a 6 gig patch?
  • orpheus 21 Apr 2013 14:00:25 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It doesn't normally, most patches are a few hundred meg. You've likely not switched it on since they changed some of the bases & terrain.
  • SnipeyUK 24 Apr 2013 23:38:30 29 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What suit armour of people running these days?

Other than medic Iíve always run flak to avoid proxy mines etc. but Iím leaning to towards nw now (maybe going to lvl5) as with the new launchers there are less vehicles in the game and I seem to be living a bit longer in fire fights.
  • Bleh 25 Apr 2013 08:19:45 240 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I feel like running around like a headless chicken lately and that's not only because I get killed way too much. I don't know what armor I should use as well. First I was running around with nw than I used flak but I'm back at nw. I guess when their isn't much opposition it's best to use flak to counter potential mines and in large fight use nw.

I did buy the Lancer and love it as a rocket launcher. Doesn't do much damage but the high velocity is insane. There is almost no need to guide your aim it's mostly just point and the target and shoot. It's even handy for those pesky air units. Although you need to hit it 3 times or a fully charged shot to get surface to air points.
  • Errol 30 Apr 2013 23:55:50 12,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Absolutely epic battles on Woodman tonight (as Vanu).

We held off the TR at Snowshear Watchtower for what must have been a hour. Wave after wave of TR and the noble Vanu stood firm.
  • Page

of 63 First / Last