Planetside 2 Page 43

• Page

of 63 First / Last

• DUFFKING 15 Mar 2013 23:12:39 7,097 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Earned a tidy 700 certs tonight :D Got almost 900 saved up!
  • Bleh 16 Mar 2013 14:02:45 240 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    orpheus wrote:

Edit: Expect UBAD platoons to be running all weekend as it's double xp!
    Crap, I need to work the whole weekend. My luck again.
  • SnipeyUK 16 Mar 2013 14:03:13 29 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The annihilator is on the daily sale, just before the new launchers are released... is it still worth getting even with the changes it's had since release (I know we were using it last night) or wait for the lancer?
  • orpheus 16 Mar 2013 15:51:49 994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SnipeyUK wrote:
    The annihilator is on the daily sale, just before the new launchers are released... is it still worth getting even with the changes it's had since release (I know we were using it last night) or wait for the lancer?
    Tough call that one... if you've got SC to spare, I'd go for it, if not, save for the Lancer.
  • SnipeyUK 16 Mar 2013 16:29:25 29 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ok I think I'll probably go for a 3-month booster and wait to see what the lancer is like. The thing with the annihilator is unless you have a mass of them it's not worth using and I've already for dual bursters for aa.

On the lancer though, unless it's projectile speed is really fast it doesn't sound like it's going to be that much more useful over the standard launcher.
  • DUFFKING 18 Mar 2013 15:11:44 7,097 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got 1100 certs and can't decide what to spend it all on...
  • TheRealBadabing 18 Mar 2013 16:52:25 1,283 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you have a spare 500 certs I would recommend upgrading just one burster arm. 50% more ammo in a mag means that an almost constant stream of AA can be kept up as while one is reloading, the other is still firing.

If you have the engi AT turret, spend a load on that too. Loads of fun having 2 wire-guided missiles in the air at the same time. That plus a convenient mountain ridge = lots of dead armour.
  • TheRealBadabing 20 Mar 2013 00:06:52 1,283 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Think I'm on quite a few shit-lists now. Sunday night I must have killed around 10 sunderers and numerous prowlers/lightnings by just sitting on a ridge and sniping them with the TOW as they spawned from a recently captured Eisa.

Really wasn't difficult to see me or work out what was going on but they just kept coming. One sniper or any ESF paying attention would have ruined my day so it was just a really lucky run :)
  • Errol 20 Mar 2013 00:07:52 12,457 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TOW?
  • TheRealBadabing 20 Mar 2013 00:18:43 1,283 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Engineer AT turret. Spent around 1000 certs upgrading it so I can fire every 4.5 seconds. Rips armour apart if given a chance - around 4 shots to kill a basic sunderer. Really vulnerable if spotted though.
  • DUFFKING 20 Mar 2013 18:22:16 7,097 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Solstice SF only 150SC today if anyone fancies some noob tube action.
  • Widge Moderator 20 Mar 2013 18:25:18 13,264 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AT turret sounds fun!

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• orpheus 20 Mar 2013 22:19:03 994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you are using an Nvidia graphics card, a GPU Physics option should now appear on the Graphics Settings page. (If you havenít upgraded your video drivers in a while, now would be a good time to do so).
  • SClaw 21 Mar 2013 14:49:38 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hm. They have "unscheduled" re-certs, which was meant to go live this month. So... not before July now.

• Widge Moderator 21 Mar 2013 16:23:42 13,264 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    If you are using an Nvidia graphics card, a GPU Physics option should now appear on the Graphics Settings page. (If you havenít upgraded your video drivers in a while, now would be a good time to do so).
    Does this add a load to the game?

_ _ _

• AaronTurner 21 Mar 2013 16:42:11 7,594 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did anyone get the Nvidia bundle for this game? I think it only gave me a gun and nothing else, is that it?
  • orpheus 21 Mar 2013 16:48:57 994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    orpheus wrote:
    Does this add a load to the game?
    Turns lift-pads into swirling columns of light, ditto the medic gun beam. Costs 10-15 frames or so. It's pretty, but I probably won't leave it on.

PhysX trailer here:
    http://youtu.be/n5qhaEghJ74

@ Aaron - which Nvidia bundle? Not sure what you mean.

Edited by orpheus at 21:41:15 21-03-2013
  • AaronTurner 21 Mar 2013 23:11:20 7,594 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The one you get with a new card.

No idea what's going on in this game. Is there a decent tutorial anywhere?
  • orpheus 22 Mar 2013 14:22:01 994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    The one you get with a new card.

No idea what's going on in this game. Is there a decent tutorial anywhere?

Tutorials here:
    https://www.planetside2.com/game-tutorials

If you want to hook up with our outfit, roll Vanu on the Miller server and add 'Saul' in game as a friend. I'll sort out invites etc. The best way to learn is as part of a group with voice chat so you can ask questions, but the videos should get you started.

Looking at the Nvidia bundles, there are two, both give you some kind of gear pack. At a guess, you should probably put the code that came with the new card into the 'redeem code' section of the in-game store (hit M in game to bring up the map, then choose the far right yellow button).

Hope that helps! There's gonna be quite a few of us on tonight as the new Empire Launchers are being released, so it's a good time to start. :)

Edit: Probably going to be on this afternoon, can take you for a training run if you like. I'll keep an eye out for the friend req.

Edited by orpheus at 14:44:11 22-03-2013
  • TheRealBadabing 22 Mar 2013 15:36:03 1,283 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played around with the Lancer in VR for a bit. First impressions are quite underwhelming. No doubt the near-instant shot speed is good but the damage seems very low. I suppose a fire-team of 5 angry purple bastards would be pretty devastating but good luck getting that organised at just the right time and place to take advantage.

I'm also not impressed that a charge cannot be held or that zooming in/out is disabled as soon as you start firing. Hopefully those are bugs...
  • SnipeyUK 22 Mar 2013 19:10:43 29 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, the lancer doesn't sound like it's worth buying at the moment...

Here a forum thread listing some issues with using it: Lancer the good and the bad.

Maybe if we all had one it could be good I suppose.

Edited by SnipeyUK at 19:17:34 22-03-2013

Edited by SnipeyUK at 19:18:10 22-03-2013
  • orpheus 22 Mar 2013 19:27:02 994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Right now, it's just 'ok'. Has a max range of 500m, decent ammo size etc. The main issue is not being able to hold the maximum charge - it fires about a second or so after it hits max, whether you like it or not. This will make it quite hard to use as a squad-weapon. It's also not all that accurate over about 100m, as the max charge seems to fire three projectiles, and the cone of fire means that at least one will likely miss.

Fingers crossed it gets some tweaks.
  • TheRealBadabing 22 Mar 2013 19:44:52 1,283 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seems like a completely different weapon than the one demoed on twitch by the devs a few days ago. That one was accurate, had a single projectile and was able to switch in/out of scope while charging.

I wonder if the TR/NC equivalents have been gutted quite so comprehensively.
  • Bleh 25 Mar 2013 14:49:22 240 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They've got a rocket launcher pack as a weekly sale. Pack includes the NS Annihilator and NS Decimator plus a weapon skin. Are these still worth getting?
  • orpheus 25 Mar 2013 19:32:49 994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bleh wrote:
    They've got a rocket launcher pack as a weekly sale. Pack includes the NS Annihilator and NS Decimator plus a weapon skin. Are these still worth getting?
    Er.. a week ago I probably would've said yes, but with the Lancer in line for a few extra buffs, now I'm not so sure. Is it just those two launchers in the pack?

Anni is useful in groups and most of the outfit has one, and the Deci is the highest single shot damage for any launcher, but has a very slow projectile. If you play HA a lot and have the SC to spare, I'd probably go for it, but if you already have the Hades/Nemesis launchers, it's probably not worth it. If you've not picked up a Lancer yet, get that first.
  • Widge Moderator 27 Mar 2013 12:51:05 13,264 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apols for being vacant right now. My MX518 doesn't reach my sofa so I can only play this when plopped on the floor!

Keeping an eye out for a g700 so I can jump back in.

_ _ _

• andytheadequate 27 Mar 2013 12:58:14 8,080 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I plan on getting back into this, but I can't stop playing strategy games...
  • Widge Moderator 27 Mar 2013 12:58:44 13,264 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plus: Bioshock.

_ _ _

• DUFFKING 27 Mar 2013 13:06:55 7,097 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't forget there's double SC this weekend guys from friday (I think) so any SC you buy gets doubled.
  • orpheus 27 Mar 2013 16:35:52 994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah should be plenty of us on over the weekend, no doubt there will be alliance platoons to join. We've had some good turnouts lately, full squads some nights, which is great.
  • Page

of 63 First / Last