Planetside 2 Page 42

• Page

of 65 First / Last

• SClaw 4 Mar 2013 15:58:08 826 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh... good news! It's going to be fixed!

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-04-coming-soon.99770/

We've combined the respawn and map screen into one.
    Thank FUCK.

otable balance changes

Explosive radius from ALL vehicle based damage sources have been reduced, this does not affect vehicle vs vehicle direct hit damage, only splash damage vs infantry.
    Prowler HEAT / HE rounds have had their damage reduced to no longer 1-shot kill infantry, killing a full health infantry will require both Prowler rounds to be fired. This does not affect vs. vehicle damage.
    Edit: Movement improvements for the Magrider, bringing back some of it's glideyness, but not it's ability to climb every hill in the game.
    Edit: Torque increases for all MBTs so they don't slow down as much on inclines.
    Well that's that fixed then.

Flash rumble seat?!? I'm having that!

You know there are problems with this game - still - but SEO aren't exactly sitting on their hands. It's not perfect but they're clearly trying to get things balanced.
  • TheRealBadabing 4 Mar 2013 16:53:27 1,347 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looking forward to the [edit]Lancer and the other ES launchers. Nice to finally see some unique options.

Not looking forward to tanks being even more vulnerable to infantry. Troops already have about 20 different ways to kill vehicles, some of which are one-shots. Going to be tough hunting sunderers after this patch.

Wonder if an AA MAX can sit on the passenger seat of a flash :)

Edited by TheRealBadabing at 16:54:04 04-03-2013
  • Bleh 5 Mar 2013 11:23:22 246 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The update sounds pretty good. Most thinks I hoped for they already announced. And finally a training room. Now I can try to learn how to fly, hopefully.
  • SClaw 5 Mar 2013 12:31:27 826 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Wonder if an AA MAX can sit on the passenger seat of a flash :)
    :o !!! Best idea ever !!!
  • SnipeyUK 8 Mar 2013 19:33:56 29 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are we still going to be creating squads in our outfit or is it going to be mainly joining other outfit’s platoons from now on? I haven’t seen a squad running in the outfit for a while now.

If this is the case why shouldn’t we all just join one of these other outfits to make it easier to join the squads or is it better to stay separate for small scale ops when/if they happen?
  • Gl3n Moderator 8 Mar 2013 19:43:05 5,813 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've thought about joining the RPS guys.

Unfortunately though the game seems like more of a crown-fest than ever before.
  • Duffking 8 Mar 2013 19:55:22 7,479 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had an amazing night on this last night. My Outfit is really starting to be a force to be reckoned with. We held off about 3 outfits at Mani Biolab yesterday to protect the Esamir continent bonus, pretty much on our own, for almost 2 hours. We got wiped out down to it being our last territory, still held it long enough for us to push back out of the warpgate and reconnect it. Was awesome.

Ended up with over 150 kills and no more than 30 deaths :D
  • SnipeyUK 9 Mar 2013 15:22:44 29 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed being in the outfit when we've got a squad up, especially as it's relatively small so we can get moving quicker and not always staying at the crown etc...

However, recently needing to join another outfits platoon to be in a squad where our outfit members are kind of seems a little bit pointless being in the outfit…
  • orpheus 10 Mar 2013 17:50:44 1,008 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SnipeyUK wrote:
    Are we still going to be creating squads in our outfit or is it going to be mainly joining other outfit’s platoons from now on? I haven’t seen a squad running in the outfit for a while now.

If this is the case why shouldn’t we all just join one of these other outfits to make it easier to join the squads or is it better to stay separate for small scale ops when/if they happen?
    I forget who you are in-game (forgive me, shit memory), but yeah squads are still being created etc. I think part of the problem is that our early/prime time EU TZ is rather quiet, with a lot of our guys getting on a bit later e.g. 10-11ish.

We're usually running either our own squad, or our own squad as part of a Vanu Accord platoon, a group of coordinated outfits that we've recently become affiliated with. They're still our squads either way; the latter simply means more people to play with (and usually TS3 instead of Vent). It's actually been really good rolling with VA of late, some excellent nights have been had.

We really need more prime time EU players to bolster our early evening numbers, though I am making an effort to get on earlier when I can. Tonight, from about half 7, Vanu are being filmed on Esamir, so expect a decent squad! Hope to see some of you there.
  • SnipeyUK 12 Mar 2013 09:18:09 29 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Agreed, it was really good being in the platoon with the backup of several squads on Sunday night and defending the Vanu Archives.

It really didn't start very though. I got into a lib with you and some idiot was trying to flip it over several times then gave up and rammed us... then I saw your galaxy get rammed. Is this just some tk'er or someone from one of the other factions trying to disrupt the movement of our faction?
  • orpheus 12 Mar 2013 14:48:57 1,008 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SnipeyUK wrote:
    Agreed, it was really good being in the platoon with the backup of several squads on Sunday night and defending the Vanu Archives.

It really didn't start very though. I got into a lib with you and some idiot was trying to flip it over several times then gave up and rammed us... then I saw your galaxy get rammed. Is this just some tk'er or someone from one of the other factions trying to disrupt the movement of our faction?
    Ahh yes I remember! Guy who flipped our Lib was actually another outfit leader, clearly a terrible pilot. As for the Galaxy, I don't know - I think some idiot took off, hit afterburner and clipped the wing. Unrecoverable spin = dead Galaxy. I got really annoyed at that, but I don't think it was intentional!

Glad you had fun though, we'll be doing more platoon ops this week, so hop on if you can! :D
  • SnipeyUK 12 Mar 2013 18:10:59 29 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    orpheus wrote:

Ahh yes I remember! Guy who flipped our Lib was actually another outfit leader, clearly a terrible pilot.
    I see! I just assumed because of the amount of times he hit/grazed the lib before fully crashing into us he was out to get you :)

That's one reason I don't fly around much... With the new VR training incoming I'll be able to get some practice first.
  • Duffking 13 Mar 2013 23:32:01 7,479 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yet ANOTHER attempt at wiping NC off indar on woodman killed by the fucking TR being retarded.
  • Jyan91 13 Mar 2013 23:33:55 17 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    has anyone subscribed to this game and become a member? is it worth it?

XBL: Jyan91
    Wii U: Jyan91

• orpheus 14 Mar 2013 01:00:40 1,008 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jyan91 wrote:
    we have a few subscribers, they seem happy enough. You get extra passive cert gain, queue priority (only really an issue during prime-time) and some free smedbucks every month. I don't feel in any way worse off though, as a non-subscriber.
  • Jyan91 14 Mar 2013 10:31:18 17 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    and what server is the eurogamer outfit on?

• Duffking 14 Mar 2013 13:31:42 7,479 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    Jyan91 wrote:
    we have a few subscribers, they seem happy enough. You get extra passive cert gain, queue priority (only really an issue during prime-time) and some free smedbucks every month. I don't feel in any way worse off though, as a non-subscriber.
    I'm happy with it. I have a 6mo membership which is set to recurring so I get 500SC a month, 48 passive certs a day thanks to the new update and 50% more xp.
  • orpheus 14 Mar 2013 15:49:53 1,008 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jyan91 wrote:
    and what server is the eurogamer outfit on?
    Miller, Vanu faction. Add 'Saul' in-game for invites. :)
  • Jyan91 14 Mar 2013 19:27:30 17 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    is everyone really vanu?

• SClaw 14 Mar 2013 23:00:12 826 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still TR here. I go to war in a uniform, not purple PJs.

Woodman is utterly dead. No matter what time I log in there is never more than single platoon fights going on. When we get transfers, I'm heading to Miller. I'd rather queue than play the poor man's Battlefield we've got on that server.
  • madwlf 15 Mar 2013 00:11:35 74 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like the new vr room as it's great for getting to grips with efs. Still trying to get to grips with the backwards manoeuvre and struggling.
    Been playing a lot with light assault as the smgs are great fun. Subscriber bonuses are now worth while too now.
  • Bleh 15 Mar 2013 10:12:05 246 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any thought about the new update?
    Haven't had time to play yet.
  • SClaw 15 Mar 2013 13:10:24 826 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had a quick look, but there are too few targets to enjoy it on my server.

The instant action change is, in theory, great, but when you have three squads active on your server the lack of an ability to solo jump into action is a real pain. But... I think it's better not to choose, so I'll manage.

Otherwise, nothing too special. Mag has been fixed, prowler HE has been fixed. Stuff like that. Map and deploy screen in one is now better. You get an update on your passive certs when you log in, which is handy. All they've done is tidy things up really.

Apart from the FPS issue... it's knocked a good ten off mine in a fight. Also, I swear there is something wrong with one of the TR LMGs now as it seems to do no damage.
  • Bleh 15 Mar 2013 15:32:16 246 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What happened with the UBAD outfit?
    When I logged in I wasn't in the outfit anymore.
  • Bleh 15 Mar 2013 15:33:26 246 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NVM I just saw a broadcast flashing by that there is a problem with outfit showing.
  • andytheadequate 15 Mar 2013 16:08:44 8,318 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are there still performance issues? Last time I played my fps was far lower than it was before
  • Duffking 15 Mar 2013 16:32:14 7,479 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GU04 has really fucked framerates, they're working on it though.

Outfits are broken at the moment and everyone walks funny.

Double xp at the moment.
  • orpheus 15 Mar 2013 17:42:46 1,008 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bleh wrote:
    NVM I just saw a broadcast flashing by that there is a problem with outfit showing.
    Again? That happened a few weeks ago, late one night. Was back to normal by the next day though, so it's nothing to worry about!

Edit: Expect UBAD platoons to be running all weekend as it's double xp!

Edited by orpheus at 17:55:41 15-03-2013
  • SnipeyUK 15 Mar 2013 19:16:16 29 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A maintenance update on the forums says the outfit issue has now been fixed.

Time to use an xp booster with the double xp weekend I think :)
  • TheRealBadabing 15 Mar 2013 19:24:21 1,347 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Feeling a lot better about buying Alpha Squad back in the day. The same 50% boost is now on sale for 5000 SC. Even if you have that much left over after the triple space bucks days, that's still pretty expensive.
  • Page

of 65 First / Last