Planetside 2 Page 39

• Page

of 63 First / Last

• orpheus 6 Feb 2013 14:55:50 994 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Performance is ok again after the patch, for me at least. Running the ultra settings via the .ini now, stable 40-50fps.

For those who can make it, there's going to be a joint operation with DWG tomorrow (thursday) at 1pm. I realise that means a lot of you will be at work etc, but if you can make it, we could use the numbers!
  • Progguitarist 6 Feb 2013 21:02:33 10,401 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would love to be there supplying reps to your MAX.

Work ruins everything good.
  • Pompeybear 7 Feb 2013 11:13:01 454 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    Performance is ok again after the patch, for me at least. Running the ultra settings via the .ini now, stable 40-50fps.

For those who can make it, there's going to be a joint operation with DWG tomorrow (thursday) at 1pm. I realise that means a lot of you will be at work etc, but if you can make it, we could use the numbers!
    Feck, if I had seen this earlier I could have taken a half day.
  • DUFFKING 7 Feb 2013 15:03:17 7,096 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seeing Indar purple on Woodman for the first time ever was an interesting moment..
  • madwlf 9 Feb 2013 21:37:02 74 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not played for a couple of weeks since the latest patch but it's pretty terrible now.. Performance is bad, had a couple of lockups and the VS seem to have been gimped so much.
  • Errol 10 Feb 2013 15:18:15 12,457 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Now have a new NC character on Miller - maxkeiser

Edited by Errol at 15:18:31 10-02-2013
  • Clive_Dunn 10 Feb 2013 19:30:28 4,775 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just get fed up with the VS seemingly constantly one step behind the others in terms of tactics. I'm bored of getting out-thought and outplayed by the NC's WASP outfit.
  • orpheus 10 Feb 2013 21:28:35 994 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Turning Smurf on us Clive? ;)

As for the WASP outfit, well. LOL, is all I can say. Both the TR & NC (WASP included) teamed up last night to take the Indar bonus from us - and failed. They were at it most of the night, and though they pushed us all the way back to our warpgate, we broke out and held Scarred Mesa Skydock against everything both factions could throw at us, until the NC eventually got bored and turned on the TR. They were throwing entire squadrons of Galaxies at us, ten or fifteen at a time, all full of troopers. They must've dropped literally hundreds of troops on us at a time, and we fought every one of them back for an entire in-game day & night and held the bonus.

Now that's tactics. If two empires working together can't take us down, then what hope do the enemy have?
  • Clive_Dunn 10 Feb 2013 21:53:30 4,775 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sorry, but that's not tactics - it's valiant defense. I'm not questioning bravery, more the VS ability to do anything clever.

Edited by Clive_Dunn at 21:57:57 10-02-2013
  • andytheadequate 10 Feb 2013 21:59:35 8,080 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I always seem to miss epic moments like that. Sounds a bit like rorke's drift...

BARNEY FOR LIFE
  • orpheus 10 Feb 2013 22:45:17 994 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Clive_Dunn wrote:
    Sorry, but that's not tactics - it's valiant defense. I'm not questioning bravery, more the VS ability to do anything clever.
    The tactics would have been breaking out of a two-faction warpgate camp by coordinating with other outfits and pushing both the Northern and Western flanks as feints, then reinforcing whichever broke through the enemy lines, but whatever. I look forward to shooting you in the face when you roll your NC character ;)
  • TheRealBadabing 10 Feb 2013 23:07:20 1,283 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    While defending a single base is great fun and (given the lack of any meta-game) probably the best thing anyone can do at the moment, I have to agree with Clive that we VS seem clueless most evenings.

Here's what happens over the course of an average evening on Esamir or Amerish: VS take a few territories then get stomped back to the warpgate by either TR or NC within an hour or so. No co-ordination or ganging up, just a couple of organised squads undoing everything.

Not sure what Indar is like (hate that place) but I have a feeling that is the only place VS wants to fight these days. Maybe that's where our Enders are all hiding. At the Skydock.

Doubt anyone will be switching allegiances at this stage, especially at mid-30s BR, but it would be great to see some of our outfits getting organised like those WASP guys. I actually enjoy fighting them, even though they have an annoying habit of killing me really easily :)
  • orpheus 11 Feb 2013 01:19:25 994 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There are plenty of organised VS outfits: DWG, KNOB and ISK are organised and effective, and we don't do a bad job ourselves most of the time.

Es & Am are the way they are, for the most part at least, because the other empires have decided they 'own' them in the same way we 'own' Indar. As a rule, whoever has the lock tends to defend it to the last - so, when we have nights like we have this week, where the VS have hit Amerish pretty hard, they've been pushed out by whoever holds it. I've been in some of those battles, and they hold their continent bonuses just as hard as we do. The reason why VS fight mostly on Indar is simply that - we hold the bonus, and we want to keep it - which is why we have epic moments like last night.

Half the problem is that the squaddies don't see what's going on in the Leader channels - so you don't see the organisation and effort that goes into that side of things. Granted, we have nights where it's a mindless zerg, but so do all factions; if anything we've lost numbers since the mag-nerf sent all of our 4th empire players over to the TR.

The other half of the problem is that outfits like WASP do what they do as a result of a fairly hardcore leadership/membership setup. There are VS outfits that are the same - if you're in, you have to follow orders AT ALL TIMES and if you don't you're kicked etc. I don't run UBAD this way because it's unpleasant for the members and worse for the leadership. We're organised enough to run proper squad & platoon ops, without the bullshit.

Of course, the only answer to a lack of organisation, is to start organizing stuff yourselves! UBAD members are always welcome to run squads under our name, and we already have a reputation as an outfit that can get things done. Cert the leader channel, start talking to the other leaders, and do it! :)
  • Progguitarist 11 Feb 2013 03:19:45 10,401 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

A little killstreak I had tonight. I particularly liked C4ing that MAX. I bet he was licking his lips chasing me around that corner! :D

Edited by Progguitarist at 03:20:36 11-02-2013
  • TheRealBadabing 11 Feb 2013 07:07:54 1,283 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Certainly a perception issue then. When all the general population can see is the occassional flash of yellow chat saying "Oh look Eisa is being attacked, could someone do something somewhere maybe please" then you can't blame us for thinking that there is no real organisation.
  • orpheus 11 Feb 2013 18:41:07 994 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Certainly a perception issue then. When all the general population can see is the occassional flash of yellow chat saying "Oh look Eisa is being attacked, could someone do something somewhere maybe please" then you can't blame us for thinking that there is no real organisation.
    Definitely. Outfits differ a lot in terms of how much they use the leader channels, but the good ones nearly always do. When I or Bob get on, one of the first things we do after setting the squad up is to ask in leader who else is on and can we help etc. I think a few VS leaders are a bit scared of using the orders function, often asking for help too late, but they're learning.

At the ground level though, yeah it can be hard to see that side of things, and hell some nights the leader channel is empty and the outfits are off doing their own thing. VS lack a dedicated Air outfit, that's one of the biggest issues right now as both the TR and NC do have dedicated air squads. We've done air squads a few times but we still have a fair few members who aren't fully comfortable with flying yet, so we don't do it as often as I'd like.

It's a shame the leader stuff isn't more visible (beyond orders and the attack/defend map markers), but hopefully as the game progresses we'll see some more work done on the leader side of things, as it's pretty bare bones right now. Fingers crossed anyway!

EDIT: I'm thinking of making the Annihilator a mandatory cert for UBAD members. It'll likely be the only one we have as a mandatory cert, but that launcher is so effective when used by squads it's silly for us not to have the option. I think a few of you have it already (and if you already have both faction AG/AA lock-on launchers then you'd be exempt), but if you haven't, please start working towards getting it :)

Edited by orpheus at 19:53:18 11-02-2013
  • madwlf 11 Feb 2013 21:28:16 74 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Enjoyed this a bit more today. Just had one of those sessions where everything went wrong. Didn't help that ammo drops were not working.
    Still enjoying this though. Recently bought a shotty for my HA and love it!
  • Carbon_Altered 11 Feb 2013 22:00:29 675 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    Both the TR & NC (WASP included) teamed up last night to take the Indar bonus from us - and failed. They were at it most of the night, and though they pushed us all the way back to our warpgate, we broke out and held Scarred Mesa Skydock against everything both factions could throw at us, until the NC eventually got bored and turned on the TR. They were throwing entire squadrons of Galaxies at us, ten or fifteen at a time, all full of troopers. They must've dropped literally hundreds of troops on us at a time, and we fought every one of them back for an entire in-game day & night and held the bonus.

Now that's tactics. If two empires working together can't take us down, then what hope do the enemy have?
    So THAT was what was happening!

I joined as we got turfed out of some other base so headed over to the Skydock. I have NEVER seen a battle like it. At one point I was just stood at the edge of a platform watching in awe at what must have been 30-50 Sunderers come over a hill and into the valley. It was mental.

Will look to get the rocket launcher you mention, but only after I've reinstalled Planetside - my PC had a funny turn yesterday and Windows 8 helpfully decided to delete all my games.
  • andytheadequate 11 Feb 2013 22:08:15 8,080 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @orpheus - how much is it? I have 300 certs burning a hole in my pocket...
  • Carbon_Altered 11 Feb 2013 22:18:56 675 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think it might be 700, could be wrong though
  • Carbon_Altered 11 Feb 2013 22:19:27 675 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    700 space bucks, 1000 certs

vague memory
  • orpheus 11 Feb 2013 22:43:44 994 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah Carbon's right: 700 SC or 1000C. It's expensive, but worth it - a squad of them can do horrendous damage to tank columns or air squadrons.

And yeah Carbon, that's what was going on :D Never seen anything like it, probably the best night of planetside I've had yet. I tried to take some screens, but they didn't work :( I did get some video of one of the galaxy rushes though, but don't have youtube or anywhere to upload it.
  • orpheus 12 Feb 2013 06:32:33 994 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Found a video of the skydock defence - galaxy swarms around the nine minute mark:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bzY0we1KLps
  • SClaw 12 Feb 2013 08:31:11 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Annihilator - and all lock-ons - are probably getting nerfed in the near future. Expect a longer lock-on (it's already up from 2 to 3 seconds) and a much slower flight speed. Not that it won't still work, but it'll be way less attractive than duel bursters again.

This forth faction bullshit is starting to piss me off now. Nice even factions when I logged on, noticed we're getting rolled on Indar by a zerg and suddenly... poof... Vanu population doubles and TR and NC slam down to the low twenties. There should be a long delay before you're allowed to log back into the same server on a different faction - like twenty minutes or so.
  • Pompeybear 12 Feb 2013 08:31:19 454 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have been having PC issues lately, my hdd is making strange noises so need to get it cloned to a new one before I start up again.

Have read about that battle on PS2 forums. Sounds an epic one.
  • Carbon_Altered 12 Feb 2013 22:07:41 675 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SClaw wrote:
    The Annihilator - and all lock-ons - are probably getting nerfed in the near future. Expect a longer lock-on (it's already up from 2 to 3 seconds) and a much slower flight speed. Not that it won't still work, but it'll be way less attractive than duel bursters again.
    That's what puts me off paying more real money for stuff in this - you can never be sure that it won't be rendered worse/useless at a later date.
  • orpheus 13 Feb 2013 15:45:58 994 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Today's mini patch:

· Alpha Squad boosts were regranted with full six months and extra bonus to resources and experience. All Alpha Squad players must re-equip the new boost.
    · Depot – New Mana Anti-Vehicle Turret available for purchase.
    · Light Assault – Fixed a bug where jump jet cert progression would not properly
    · Invulnerability for revived players has been removed.
    · Effect added to help indicate temporary invulnerability on respawn
    · Membership status window should correctly display loyalty level
    · Missiles locked on to the vehicle in flight will again provide audio/visual indicators
    · Fixing descriptions of the Mosquito M14 Banshee magazine certs

AV turret should be good!

Edited by orpheus at 15:47:21 13-02-2013
  • SClaw 13 Feb 2013 15:54:32 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Holy hell. A useful mana turret!!!
  • orpheus 13 Feb 2013 16:13:20 994 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SClaw wrote:
    Holy hell. A useful mana turret!!!
    ROFL I know! What will we do! :D

E: 1000 certs or 700 SC!

Edited by orpheus at 16:22:16 13-02-2013
  • SClaw 13 Feb 2013 21:00:03 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AV Mana Turret is... absolutely shit. I'm so glad I previewed it.

Big damage but 6 SECONDS between shots. On a static weapon, with no guard, with a limited turning circle and no ability to zoom. It's utterly useless.
  • Page

of 63 First / Last