Ecolibrium

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Kill_Crazy 16 Sep 2012 14:43:22 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quite enjoying this even though the instructions are a little vague. It wants you to buy the packs off the store IMO but trying to do it without them. Got to make a Moonhare into an alpha animal but not sure how. Is anyone else playing it? Any idea on how to alpha an animal?
  • Zackv4861 16 Sep 2012 16:03:29 1,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah i've stuck a good hour or two into this but still not over sure what's going on. The highest e olubrium state i can get is 87%. The Platinum pack is onlt 1 something so not that bad. I've looked online for some sort of guide but to new i guess as there are none
  • HiddenAway 17 Sep 2012 07:04:33 14,887 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Use the icon in the top-left of the screen and look at the groups which have orange borders. There should be an icon at the top which you can press/hold down with your finger to get a hint of where you're going wrong.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Kill_Crazy 17 Sep 2012 10:32:51 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers, guys. I'm kind of getting there. Seems you have to have high vitality to progress the adaption bar to obtain an alpha - i think! Will keep plugging away as these games are good for when i'm on shift and can check it every few hours.
  • HiddenAway 17 Sep 2012 13:13:53 14,887 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kill_Crazy wrote:
    Cheers, guys. I'm kind of getting there. Seems you have to have high vitality to progress the adaption bar to obtain an alpha - i think! Will keep plugging away as these games are good for when i'm on shift and can check it every few hours.
    I believe the population of the species also plays a part in how fast the adaptation bar grows but I'm not certain as I haven't created an alpha before :p.

• Kill_Crazy 18 Sep 2012 12:02:23 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got my alpha to complete the challenge with about an hour left :) Population does play a part too, forgot about that, cheers HiddenAway.

Wish all the species would unlock through gameplay though as it seems that a lot of them need to be bought :(
  • HiddenAway 18 Sep 2012 12:07:51 14,887 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kill_Crazy wrote:
    Got my alpha to complete the challenge with about an hour left :) Population does play a part too, forgot about that, cheers HiddenAway.

Wish all the species would unlock through gameplay though as it seems that a lot of them need to be bought :(
    Indeed. The only things that can be unlocked in-game aside from the odd species are the trees.

I did buy a pack a couple of days ago - mainly because I had 25p in my wallet left and the bronze pack happened to be exactly that :D

• Kill_Crazy 18 Sep 2012 20:14:39 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I bought a platinum pack and got a panthir, another horse type animal, a super gel for food and a couple other things but haven't used them yet. Can't believe they're single use as well! :(
  • infoxicated 18 Sep 2012 23:19:54 1,120 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was a bit disappointed at that realisation, because I like the game - even though I find the navigation is annoying - but I just can't bring myself to get invested in something that's just a cash register for the developer.

Still, I'll have fun with the free parts of it I guess. Lost two challenges because I stayed late at work tonight and forgot I'd started them on the train home.

I'm certain they should have got the license and called it Tamagotchi HD, too - tending to it all the time reminds me of those things!
  • TheMightyRose 19 Sep 2012 13:15:13 174 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Mighty Rose has this and had to change the controls to the left stick as moving around with the vita touch controls is both very awkward and rather dizzying.

I still have no real clue how to play this and I think it is a bit of a cop out to have to pay for everything in a level especially if what Kill Crazy says and they are only single use.

I managed to win a bid for an ultra humififier and put it in my level. Surely I keep that do I not? If not The Mighty Rose cannot see himself playing this much longer.
  • Edtuckerartist 20 Sep 2012 13:35:46 160 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thought this looked interesting downloaded it tried playing it and realised its like one of the thousands of buy more item to play games.
    Deleting from my card!
  • HiddenAway 20 Sep 2012 13:54:45 14,887 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's no requirement to buy any of the items. Just that the number of species you can use is limited.

The way it works right now though isn't really fair. One token = one animal from a specific species. You have to buy another box (and get lucky) to get another member of that species.

Hence why I'll stick to just using any bought stuff in the free environments and generate more ecopoints.

• infoxicated 24 Sep 2012 14:06:17 1,120 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought I'd lose interest in this pretty swiftly, but I've kept at it with the mindset that I'm not going to pay for anything. For the amount of time I've spent on it and the 40p I spent on a box out of curiosity, I think it's a good little diversion.
  • Kill_Crazy 24 Sep 2012 17:08:28 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Agree. I've been checking it 3/4 times a day and still haven't used any if the platinum box items. Unlocked another type 3 beast last night and I'm about 80% through the challenges. Just need a million eco points to unlock the 2nd ecosystem.
  • Zackv4861 24 Sep 2012 19:51:57 1,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any tips? Mine seems to do not much
  • Sharzam 25 Sep 2012 08:27:30 2,864 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I really don't see the point in this game, and am I missing something?

What are meant to do other than plant trees?

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• HiddenAway 25 Sep 2012 09:34:02 14,887 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    I really don't see the point in this game, and am I missing something?

What are meant to do other than plant trees?
    Complete the tutorials first. I believe some unlock 2 of the basic animal classes. After that, things pick up (especially in the challenges)

• Kill_Crazy 25 Sep 2012 10:49:45 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Zackv4861

What challenge are you stuck on?
  • Zackv4861 25 Sep 2012 16:36:22 1,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kill_Crazy wrote:
    @Zackv4861

What challenge are you stuck on?
    Just generally. Challange1 the highest i get my ecosystem is 87% and in the regular ecosystem just not much happening i plant four trees a day that's about it.
  • Kill_Crazy 25 Sep 2012 18:38:55 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Couldn't see the exact challenge details as I'm currently redoing the last one of Challenge 1 for more points. When it completes I'll look it up. Is it the first one you're stuck on I.e. 1-1?

First off, the challenges are all seperate so run all 3 at the same time if you're not already. Only the ecosystems use shared points.

Trees are only good for veg for the animals or water for other trees. All animals will give you minerals so try not to buy any fungus plants (if possible) as they'll zap your water (big imbalances when starting may need fungus to boost the minerals).

For alphas: give them what they need to keep adaptability at max then it's just waiting. Bigger the population the better/ quicker you'll alpha an animal.

For prey imbalance: If level 3 need more prey then you need more level 2 animals (they won't eat lvl1 unless there are no 2's and still won't be satisfied). If level 2 need more prey then add lvl1 animals.

Then it's just balancing. I usually balance plants first to get extra veg then add animals (who lower the veg) to bring the minerals back up.

Hope that helps. Let me know how you get on/ any problems. Good luck! :-)

EDIT: One more thing... If the challenge conditions state a minimum % then keep it just above rather than trying to ramp it up and using all your challenge points up. Actually, another one more thing! Bio diversity really bumps up how many points you generate per hour. I.e. If you're desperate for more points per hour then adding any new plant/ animal will give you a bigger boost than adding more of an established species.

Edited by Kill_Crazy at 18:45:27 25-09-2012
  • Zackv4861 25 Sep 2012 19:59:52 1,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah brilliant that cleared a few things up. The animal imbalance how do you see what level? Mine is orange
  • Kill_Crazy 25 Sep 2012 20:29:54 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Press triangle on main 'animal view' or the top left icon then as you scroll through the plants/ animals it will display their warning icons at the top of the screen. They'll also be highlighted orange if they're deficient in something.

EDIT: Oh, I think you got that! Afaik you just have to keep adding the required prey until it goes out. From memory 1 or 2 animals per % if everything else is equal.

Edited by Kill_Crazy at 20:31:45 25-09-2012
  • Zackv4861 27 Sep 2012 17:25:09 1,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nope i got close this time but still can't get the perfect equolubrium 97‰ i got
  • Zackv4861 6 Oct 2012 14:20:48 1,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shit this game is pissing me off. I still can't get 98‰ Any ideas?
  • Kill_Crazy 6 Oct 2012 15:32:05 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll play one through and let you know what i do. What animals do you have available? I've got some unlocked but only what to use whats available to you.
  • HiddenAway 6 Oct 2012 15:42:57 14,887 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Zackv4861 Challenge 1? You need the pink animals (lv 2) for the Tyaps and they'll need the ponies for sustenance. Create trees as needed. If you need to take more control over when you're able to play, use the pause world screen under settings. Bear in mind that you don't get any more ecopoints until you restart the world but you can at least take long breaks without any issues. Don't try it when playing the online tournament though.

Edited by HiddenAway at 15:45:21 06-10-2012

• Zackv4861 6 Oct 2012 16:31:09 1,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah challange 1. Just the basic three animals. I'm planting trees as and when along side the animals but just can't make it.
  • Zackv4861 8 Oct 2012 17:39:20 1,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FINALLY!!!! I did this yesurday. Challange 1-1. Cheers for the help guys.
  • Kill_Crazy 9 Oct 2012 05:05:52 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^Woohoo! Didn't get chance to run through It as on night shift and no Wifi :-( GL with the others :-)
  • Zackv4861 10 Oct 2012 17:56:06 1,085 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there a trick to pausing the game? Mine doesn't seem to want to pause.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous