Galaxy Note 2 Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• mikew1985 16 Oct 2012 14:43:42 12,892 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thats because it is bloody ridiculous :D

After waiting to see what the new iPhone would be like, looks like i'm heading back to Android from my current Lumia 800.

S3 is most likely for me at the moment, I was looking in this thread over the last couple of days, thinking maybe it was worth considering the note. I have a colleague with whom I have infrequent contact who has one and hadn't seen him in a while.

Was just in a meeting with him there, it is just too big for a phone! Is the Note 2 the same size or bigger? I'd love for that not to bother me but unfortunately I can't really look past it. The S3 seems to be the perfect balance for me.

Edited by mikew1985 at 14:44:49 16-10-2012
  • monkehhh 16 Oct 2012 14:49:55 3,426 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Note 2 is a bit taller and a bit narrower than the Note 1 - someone passed me an iPhone 4 the other day to show me something and it seemed TINY :)
  • mikew1985 16 Oct 2012 15:01:49 12,892 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    iPhone is too small imo, my main disappointment with the iPhone 5 was the relative lack of screen size bump.

I'm kind of glad there was nothing to entice me though as iTunes is a horrible piece of software on PC and I couldn't really face going back to it. Although I'm currently using Zune which is equally shit tbf.
  • Carlo 18 Oct 2012 20:41:59 18,099 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just got mine. It's gorgeous!

Need a good Tips & Tricks doc/youtube now.

PSN ID: Djini

• heyyo 18 Oct 2012 20:45:02 14,372 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • Carlo 18 Oct 2012 20:55:27 18,099 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I salute you Heyyo!

My current "How the fuck do I..." is Going back out of the Album I'm playing to pick a different one :S

Sorted it.

Edited by Carlo at 21:00:56 18-10-2012

PSN ID: Djini

• crashVoodoo 22 Oct 2012 15:33:34 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ive only just realised that the screen recording function isnt present. Remember it being demoed in a video but it doesn't work.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 15:33:55 22-10-2012

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• monkehhh 22 Oct 2012 17:57:59 3,426 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seems that Samsung removed it and it's slated to be put back in with an update 'in the future', like the multi-tasking thing.
  • crashVoodoo 26 Oct 2012 13:42:53 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    After some accessories for the note. Got an OTG cable on the way.

Im after a decent MHL cable. Theres loads on fleabay but to be honest half of them cant seem to spell samsung so im not exactly confident in their wares.

Can anyone recommend one?

I also want a decent pad for emulators, wiimote just doesnt cut it.

• crashVoodoo 8 Nov 2012 16:28:36 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just got a sixaxis pad from ebay. Rooted the note and can now play emulators and other games like a boss. Gta3 is actually fantastic with the pad.

• BravoGolf Moderator 11 Nov 2012 13:40:54 12,747 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm thinking of getting this. How is it as a phone, does it feel OK? I hate my iPhone 4, signals crap, wifi is crap, maps is crap.
  • crashVoodoo 11 Nov 2012 20:08:52 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BravoGolf wrote:
    I'm thinking of getting this. How is it as a phone, does it feel OK? I hate my iPhone 4, signals crap, wifi is crap, maps is crap.
    Well I was initially sceptical due to the size and was concerned it would feel odd when on a call having this huge thing on my head but it hasnt bothered me once.

Alao, it started off as unwieldy but awesome but after a week it became normal and now all other phones seem too small. Think it might have limited my upgrade choices as I think im always going to want a 5inch+ phone now.

I would go into a store and try it out though because its a massive change in form factor to what you're accustomed to.

• monkehhh 11 Nov 2012 20:15:56 3,426 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It seemed huge when it arrived, but now I'm used to it. Someone hands you something like a 4S now and it's painfully small. I dunno if it will magically improve your signal or wifi, but I've had no connectivity issues over the past month and a bit. I haven't gone in to rooting or anything as the stock experience seemed fine (though I've disabled some Samsung-specific stuff like their own calendar system). It's a big, lovely phone - though the screen comes in to it's own for the non-phone things.
  • THFourteen 11 Nov 2012 20:45:22 33,874 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm back on touchwiz on my old note 1 now. Couldn't find a custom rom thst didn't have some bug in it that annoyed me.

Got the leaked Jellybean rom at least.
  • Dougs 11 Nov 2012 21:20:05 68,474 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No flash then?!
  • THFourteen 11 Nov 2012 22:20:27 33,874 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haven't had flash installed for ages. Rarely used it.
  • monkehhh 11 Nov 2012 22:23:53 3,426 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't say a lack of Flash is something I've even considered since I've had it, everything I use obviously doesn't use Flash anymore :)
  • crashVoodoo 11 Nov 2012 22:47:34 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I'm back on touchwiz on my old note 1 now. Couldn't find a custom rom thst didn't have some bug in it that annoyed me.

Got the leaked Jellybean rom at least.
    thats the only problems with roms. they look great but there's always 1 or 2 niggly things to piss you off.

i've rooted just to get access to be able to restore savegames and app data in datasync

• crashVoodoo 11 Nov 2012 22:47:44 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted

• THFourteen 11 Nov 2012 23:14:59 33,874 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In most cases at least with cm9 and 10, the annoying thing was the phone getting stuck on a blank screen sporadically when you try and switch it on from standby, then you have to just keep pressing the power and then home button until it decides to come back,
  • MrV333 16 Nov 2012 17:45:59 108 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Posting this from my brand new Note 2 LTE!

Spoke to T mobile retentions yesterday and settled on 49 up front and staying on same plan (35 pm, 1200 mins, "unlimited" data). Ended up popping into Newcastle city centre and picked it up that evening.

Well impressed so far coming from a HTC Desire HD as my previous device. Size isn't an issue comfort or usability wise and the improvement in power is very noticeable indeed. Screen is awesome and best of all the battery life is already impressive. Gave it about 90 mins on charge after getting it home last night and am still above 20% now, even though I've hardly put it down while awake!

Zero buyers remorse here.
  • crashVoodoo 20 Nov 2012 20:08:14 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I wasnt going to mess with this phone but it seems I cant stop myself

all red

Edited by crashVoodoo at 20:10:52 20-11-2012

• crashVoodoo 6 Dec 2012 21:34:43 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    After always having matte anti glare screen protectors on my phones and just getting one for my nexus 7 im really regretting straying away and getting a clear one for my note.

Its a horrid smear collecting pile of nastiness. Im now looking for a proper matte one now and some kind of sleek minimalist tpu style case to compliment it.

Any case/shell recommendations?

• crashVoodoo 11 Dec 2012 22:19:41 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dont usually use cases on phones as I prefer to see them but I liked the look and having a stand is very handy when I watch videos or attach my mouse/keyboard for some productivity.

There is an additional side effect of the case I wasnt expecting. It has added a couple of milimeters on either side but the devce actually feels smaller and the one handed-ness has improved considerably due to the increased grip.

my new case :-)

• BravoGolf Moderator 11 Dec 2012 22:29:06 12,747 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm so getting this phone, what accessories do you use with it? Do you actually prefer to hold it up to talk or do you get a headset?
  • monkehhh 11 Dec 2012 22:31:51 3,426 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just hold it up. I'm over the size of it now, so it seems weirder when people stare :)
  • crashVoodoo 11 Dec 2012 23:34:30 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BravoGolf wrote:
    I'm so getting this phone, what accessories do you use with it? Do you actually prefer to hold it up to talk or do you get a headset?
    I hold it up. I was over the size of it after a day or so. Its normal now and other phones feel small. Mates iphone 5 just seems freakishly tiny.

I have a usb otg cable for connecting external drives, cameras, mice etc.

Ive rooted so I can play games using my ps3 pad and it works well with my new case stand or via my mhl adapter to output via hdmi to the tv.

Finally I have an ice device in car audio dongle. It plugs into the power outlet and I connect my phone to it via bluetooth and tune my radio to its frequency. Voila. Music, calls and navigation via the car speakers.

• drivenstorm 12 Dec 2012 20:21:56 7 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Where did you get your OTG cable? I need one but confused by what's on offer on Amazon.

Brilliant phone by the way and it does allow me to really work on the go which I was never able to consider with my HTC Wildfire (yeuch).

The size is the selling point for me, that screen is fantastic.
  • crashVoodoo 12 Dec 2012 22:38:16 3,965 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    drivenstorm wrote:
    @crashVoodoo Where did you get your OTG cable? I need one but confused by what's on offer on Amazon.

Brilliant phone by the way and it does allow me to really work on the go which I was never able to consider with my HTC Wildfire (yeuch).

The size is the selling point for me, that screen is fantastic.
    I bought this one

• Razz 13 Dec 2012 01:04:19 61,400 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @crashVoodoo where did you get that case? It's a beaut!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Page

of 5 First / Last