Galaxy Note 2 Page 5

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • drivenstorm 13 Dec 2012 02:43:09 7 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @crashVoodoo thanks! And i too am interested in that case :-)
  • crashVoodoo 13 Dec 2012 11:54:36 3,927 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Razz
    @drivenstorm

ebay 3.90 free delivery too

Edited by crashVoodoo at 11:55:32 13-12-2012

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Razz 13 Dec 2012 12:31:43 61,273 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Cheers!! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• MrV333 14 Dec 2012 16:01:59 108 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks from me too. Just ordered one myself after pondering on a case for ages. Dropped my Note 2 onto concrete from waist height last week and was lucky to get away with a couple of minor burrs on two corners. It was a sickening moment.....
  • crashVoodoo 14 Dec 2012 22:14:29 3,927 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrV333 wrote:
    Thanks from me too. Just ordered one myself after pondering on a case for ages. Dropped my Note 2 onto concrete from waist height last week and was lucky to get away with a couple of minor burrs on two corners. It was a sickening moment.....
    /shudders

I've dropped mine twice but onto carpet and even that scared the shit out of me.

• MrV333 17 Dec 2012 23:45:38 108 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It was nasty. Very nasty. However I was lucky and it's hardly noticeable damage although I KNOW it's there now and it's a little upsetting still.
    Thankfully my case has just arrived today and I'm very pleased with it indeed. It hugs the phone nicely with just the right amount of force required to click it in place. It's a far better quality product than I expected for the price, only gripe being a small amount of flash on the back of the kickstand that I scraped off with a kitchen knife. It would have scratched the rear of the phone otherwise.
  • crashVoodoo 18 Dec 2012 19:10:06 3,927 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrV333 wrote:
    It was nasty. Very nasty. However I was lucky and it's hardly noticeable damage although I KNOW it's there now and it's a little upsetting still.
    Thankfully my case has just arrived today and I'm very pleased with it indeed. It hugs the phone nicely with just the right amount of force required to click it in place. It's a far better quality product than I expected for the price, only gripe being a small amount of flash on the back of the kickstand that I scraped off with a kitchen knife. It would have scratched the rear of the phone otherwise.
    It is a cracking little case considering the price. Im well chuffed with it I had it stood up on the settee arm the other night using my bt keyboard and mouse while IM'ing and browsing.

• monkehhh 25 Apr 2013 13:55:39 3,357 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Totally just dropped mine and broke the glass :( :( :(
  • Sunno 25 Apr 2013 14:16:28 156 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    noooooooooooooo.

i've dropped mine a few times but it's still yet to even have a mark or anything.
  • Deleted user 25 April 2013 14:22:14
    They are fucking fragile. Samsung and their pikey materials.
  • Dougs 25 Apr 2013 14:23:43 68,033 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No more fragile than others IME. My 3GS chipped long before my S2 after being dropped, for example.
  • Deleted user 25 April 2013 15:12:49
    My Galaxy Note cracked and the plastic bumper round the screen chipped off while it was in a case after falling off a low coffee table onto a cushioned rug... :/

iPhone was thrown around all the time and was never in a case/bumper.
  • monkehhh 25 Apr 2013 15:29:49 3,357 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Works fine.. sounds like a fucker to try fix though.
  • BinaryBob101 25 Apr 2013 16:30:49 23,141 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mowgli You broke another gadget, eh? Who'd a thunk it?!?

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• monkehhh 25 Apr 2013 19:55:18 3,357 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dropped my Note 2 a few times and it was fine, caught it just right this time though. Seen some videos of taking the glass off.. looks just about doable. Or it's a large bill as Samsung decided to attach the glass to the screen underneath.
  • Deleted user 25 April 2013 20:11:24
    @BinaryBob101 Stop being a gimp
  • Agent_Llama 27 Apr 2013 12:22:24 3,359 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thinking of selling my Xperia Z and getting a Note 2 again; I miss the stylus. /Sigh

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• PenguinJim 4 May 2013 13:43:40 5,872 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    @Razz
    @drivenstorm

ebay 3.90 free delivery too
    You should get a commission. Just ordered one myself.

Having had my Note 2 for nearly half a dozen hours now, I've noticed if I browse pictures I've taken while my Note 2 wifi is on and my 360 is on (and connected to the network), there's a button that lets me instantly display phone pictures on my TV through the 360.

Also, my Draw Something performance (which was the main reason I bought a Note 2) is now AMAZING. You guys might be playing Draw Something. I'm now playing Draw Anything. :p
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 14:10:51
    Haha, Draw Something is what tipped me towards the Note (1)! Now no one plays it with me :(
  • Agent_Llama 5 May 2013 08:47:49 3,359 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, I caved. Z is going up for sale on eBay and I'm typing this on Note 2 number two. Phones4U doing them PAYG for 449.

• PenguinJim 5 May 2013 08:55:33 5,872 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What happened to Note 2 number one? :o

And how did you go to a Z? (Xperia, I presume)

It's been 24 hours and I don't think I can go back to a small, stylusless phone ever again. :( I hope some other phone companies can scratch my itch when I come to upgrade in 2016 or whenever - nothing against Samsung, but I don't like being held hostage to a single manufacturer. :p
  • Agent_Llama 5 May 2013 10:01:02 3,359 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Note 2 number 1 got sold to fund the Z.

I had been eyeing up the Z since it was announced but got impatient for a new phone, hence the Note 2.

The Z is a lovely phone, looks like a proper piece of kit. However, it was a bit uncomfortable to hold, and battery life was hopeless if browsing etc for long periods, during which the phone would also get terrifyingly hot.

That said, it's sitting in front of me now looking all sleek and sexy with its hi-def screen, making me wonder if I should have just stuck with it. Too late now.

I think I may have an as-yet unnamed mental problem when it comes to shiny new phones.

Edited by Agent_Llama at 10:02:37 05-05-2013

• PenguinJim 5 May 2013 10:59:31 5,872 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can relate. I'm addicted to purchasing game-shaped 0s and 1s at bargain prices! Speaking of which, is there any way around the region-detection of Amazon's Free Android Game of the Day?

I've heard the screen on the Z is gorgeous, Agent_Llama, but might it not be more practical to have a super-hi-def tablet, perhaps? One where the massive amount of pixels will make a more appreciable difference?

Failing that, the Asus Padfone Infinity is due out any day now - it costs roughly the same as the Note 2 here (although the tablet bit is sold separately), but I seem to recall it was going to cost quite a lot more to buy in the UK. 5" phone, 1920x1080, and plopping it into its tabletty thing recharges the phone battery. I nearly went in that direction myself, but leaned towards the stylus and the ridiculous non-stop stream of stupidly positive Note 2 reviews in the end.

Edit: had an issue with the Note 2 not connecting to Wifi, it would get stuck on "Authenticating IP". Apparently this problem was introduced in the latest update, and you can fix it by entering your Wifi IP/gateway/DNS details manually (you can look them up on your PC with ipconfig /all).

Edited by PenguinJim at 11:34:53 05-05-2013
  • Agent_Llama 5 May 2013 15:49:11 3,359 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, one of the two phones has to go. It's all a bit moot anyway as I'll probably end up with a Note 3 come Christmas time. How I long for the simple days when the thought of buying a phone appalled me and I used to hang on to my contract Sony Ericssons to get the best possible free handset.

• PenguinJim 24 May 2013 09:54:36 5,872 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DO NOT BUY A NOTE.

Fuck!

DO NOT BUY A NOTE!!!

After enjoying it for a couple of weeks, I went back to my old Ace to delete all the old apps, to make it a leaner emergency phone. It was almost unusable! I felt like a giant! It was like tapping on a Casio F-91W!

Then I went to do something on my wife's S2... and the same problem!!! I can understand the teeny tiny titchy 3.5" Ace, but a 4.3" screen?! But no, it's absolutely tiny!

Damn them and their Note crack. :( I'm now unable to use anything smaller.
  • Deleted user 24 May 2013 10:05:19
    Ha that was how I felt setting up the wife's new iphone. Just felt absolutely tiny. However, at this point I couldn't go bigger than the Note 1. Despite owning it for a year and a half and exhausting my dog of hahas for the funny comments I still think the Note 2 looks ridiculously big. For the moment five inch screen is perfect. I want the S4 as my new phone (preferably the non gimped Nexus one).
  • PenguinJim 24 May 2013 10:33:45 5,872 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hate to break it to you, but Samsung have stated again and again and again that the S4 is not a 5-inch phone. It's 4.99"! (Seriously, they put 4.99" in all of their Powerpoints!)

Edit: that's another thing that annoys me. I don't particularly want or notwant Samsung phones, but they keep having the right phone in the right niche for me. PLEASE, HTC or LG or even Apple, have a nice 5.4-5.7" stylusey phone on the market so that I can vary brands a bit!

Edited by PenguinJim at 10:35:52 24-05-2013
  • Agent_Llama 28 May 2013 22:15:37 3,359 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    DO NOT BUY A NOTE.

Fuck!

DO NOT BUY A NOTE!!!

After enjoying it for a couple of weeks, I went back to my old Ace to delete all the old apps, to make it a leaner emergency phone. It was almost unusable! I felt like a giant! It was like tapping on a Casio F-91W!

Then I went to do something on my wife's S2... and the same problem!!! I can understand the teeny tiny titchy 3.5" Ace, but a 4.3" screen?! But no, it's absolutely tiny!

Damn them and their Note crack. :( I'm now unable to use anything smaller.
    Still having the Z thanks to the good ol' Nigerian eBayers, I had a play around on it again for a day or two. It feels tiny. The Note 2 has spoilt me. This is coming from someone whose previous most beloved phone was the tiny Xperia Mini Pro.

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next