BBC Sports Personality of the year 2012 Page 4

  • Page

    of 18 First / Last

  • jamievilla 11 Sep 2012 21:47:21 466 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Admit I'm being aggressive but I'm tired of the anti-Murray bullshit, he makes one throw away comment and people just hammer him constantly. He's an awesome player, light years from anyone we've had for aeons and people still can't appreciate him.

    And trying to use band-wagon jumping politicians as another stick to beat him with? Fuck off.
  • jamievilla 11 Sep 2012 21:48:49 466 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh and I don't think he should win SPOTY, Wiggins should. Winning the Tour is a massive achievement.
  • Syrette 11 Sep 2012 21:51:06 41,866 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jamievilla wrote:
    light years from anyone we've had for aeons and people still can't appreciate him.
    uh oh

    Edited by Syrette at 21:51:18 11-09-2012

  • monkman76 11 Sep 2012 22:01:54 3,398 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    monkman76 wrote:
    Surely not Hamilton? I mean I really hope he wins the WDC, but that achievement pales next to Wiggins, Farah and Murray to name but three. He's won the WDC before for one thing.
    How does it "pale next to xxx"? Do you think it's easy winning in Formula 1?

    For one thing - surely winning the WDC twice (should he do so) would make him even more deserving? Not the opposite which for some reason you've gone with.
    It's sports personality OF THE YEAR. The other three I mentioned (among many others) have won more than one thing THIS YEAR. See?
  • Syrette 11 Sep 2012 22:06:53 41,866 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No, I still don't see how it "pales" next to anything. And I'm not saying they're not bigger achievements than Hamilton's possible one (this is all subjective by the way).

    Just think your hyperbole is a little unwarranted is all.

  • monkman76 11 Sep 2012 22:10:12 3,398 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pale may be a bit strong, but then so is claiming what I said is hyperbole! In a normal sporting year becoming f1 world champion would make you a major contender, but this isn't a normal year by any shot. Hard luck for Hamilton maybe, since as you say he can only win one thing, but that's just the way it is.
  • SolidSCB 11 Sep 2012 22:11:37 5,826 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If Hamilton were to win from the position he was in before this weekend, it would be a hell of an achievement.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Sep 2012 22:13:42 8,748 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They really should rename it to Sportsperson of the year.
    Personality has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 11 Sep 2012 22:19:57 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Murray or Wiggins IMO. Either would be ok with me.
  • SolidSCB 11 Sep 2012 22:20:33 5,826 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have always assumed the 'Personality' bit is more about their personality on the field of play in their chosen sport (passion, desire, determination, winning mentality etc.)
  • Trane 11 Sep 2012 22:43:32 4,049 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is F1 considered a sport?

    /runs.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 11 Sep 2012 22:57:11 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    F1 is basically a dangerous videogame.
  • Triggerhappytel 11 Sep 2012 23:01:07 2,664 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What about Ben Ainslie - isn't he the most successful British Olympian ever now? Probably won't happen though as sailing isn't as popular as athletics and the like. I wouldn't mind seeing Murray or Mo Farah win it. And how about Jess Ennis? Those multi-discipline sports must be some of the hardest events of the Games.

    I still think a Team GB accumulative commemoration would be appropriate.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 11 Sep 2012 23:03:25 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That's a good idea.
  • HiddenAway 12 Sep 2012 07:01:14 14,789 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    What about Ben Ainslie - isn't he the most successful British Olympian ever now? Probably won't happen though as sailing isn't as popular as athletics and the like. I wouldn't mind seeing Murray or Mo Farah win it. And how about Jess Ennis? Those multi-discipline sports must be some of the hardest events of the Games.

    I still think a Team GB accumulative commemoration would be appropriate.
    Most successful Olympian in sailing.

    On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

  • LetsGo 12 Sep 2012 07:34:59 5,074 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:

    I still think a Team GB accumulative commemoration would be appropriate.
    They will, TeamGB will win 'Team of the Year'.
  • Fab4 12 Sep 2012 09:02:35 5,693 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A separate show TeamGB Personality of the Year :D
  • Fozzie_bear 12 Sep 2012 09:04:53 15,314 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    First choice for me would be mo farah for two out of two golds in an event we've had nobody at the top level at for years.

    Second - Jessica Ennis because she's hot.

    Last choice - Murray because he's a foul, obnoxious cunt. Nothing to do with being Scottish. He's just a cunt.

    Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

  • Fozzie_bear 12 Sep 2012 09:06:02 15,314 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Foreign sports dude of the year - you just know that there'll be an online campaign to vote for Louis Suarez.

    Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

  • Trane 12 Sep 2012 09:09:54 4,049 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    First choice for me would be mo farah for two out of two golds in an event we've had nobody at the top level at for years.

    Second - Jessica Ennis because she's hot.

    Last choice - Murray because he's a foul, obnoxious cunt. Nothing to do with being Scottish. He's just a cunt.
    Murray post match interview - Such a cunt right?

    I'm glad you're not in charge of the voting. Wiggins will win, we've never had a TDF winner from Britain, never mind anyone 'at the top level for years'.
  • roz123 12 Sep 2012 09:13:14 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like Murray but he has the ability to win Wimbledon, let's not reward him yet.

    Edited by roz123 at 09:13:43 12-09-2012
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Sep 2012 10:22:31 8,748 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    First choice for me would be mo farah for two out of two golds in an event we've had nobody at the top level at for years.

    Second - Jessica Ennis because she's hot.

    Last choice - Murray because he's a foul, obnoxious cunt. Nothing to do with being Scottish. He's just a cunt.
    Murray post match interview - Such a cunt right?


    This always amazes me, in every interview he is modest, polite, intelligent and respectful with flashes of humour yet gets so much bile from morons who think he's a cunt because he doesn't smile enough when he's working his arse off to win at the top level.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Alastair 12 Sep 2012 10:38:22 14,953 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Murray post match interview - Such a cunt right?
    Nice interview, thanks for the link.

    Not as nice as I used to be

  • Ka-blamo 12 Sep 2012 11:14:11 7,109 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It'll be Murray or Wiggins, for their Olympic golds PLUS winning big outside it with the Tour de france and the US Open.

    But then how can you begrudge if Mo won or Jess won, you just can't. They all deserve it.
  • elstoof 12 Sep 2012 11:32:08 6,140 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I generally support anyone but England when it comes to football, and I'm English.
  • Widge Moderator 12 Sep 2012 11:34:53 12,598 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    First choice for me would be mo farah for two out of two golds in an event we've had nobody at the top level at for years.

    Second - Jessica Ennis because she's hot.

    Last choice - Murray because he's a foul, obnoxious cunt. Nothing to do with being Scottish. He's just a cunt.
    Murray post match interview - Such a cunt right?


    This always amazes me, in every interview he is modest, polite, intelligent and respectful with flashes of humour yet gets so much bile from morons who think he's a cunt because he doesn't smile enough when he's working his arse off to win at the top level.
    Probably been linked before:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/08/andy-murray-not-miserable-just-normal

    _ _ _

    www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

  • RedSparrows 12 Sep 2012 11:39:56 20,757 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I generally support anyone but England when it comes to football, and I'm English.
    This :D
  • RedSparrows 12 Sep 2012 11:42:17 20,757 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    First choice for me would be mo farah for two out of two golds in an event we've had nobody at the top level at for years.

    Second - Jessica Ennis because she's hot.

    Last choice - Murray because he's a foul, obnoxious cunt. Nothing to do with being Scottish. He's just a cunt.
    Murray post match interview - Such a cunt right?


    This always amazes me, in every interview he is modest, polite, intelligent and respectful with flashes of humour yet gets so much bile from morons who think he's a cunt because he doesn't smile enough when he's working his arse off to win at the top level.
    Probably been linked before:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/08/andy-murray-not-miserable-just-normal
    And this. I despise the emotionalism of popular press coverage.
  • Alastair 12 Sep 2012 11:51:36 14,953 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Probably been linked before:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/08/andy-murray-not-miserable-just-normal
    Heh! I remember this moment
    After trying and failing to get him to describe the match as a rollercoaster of emotions, Richardson brought up Murray's mum and dad, who'd been sitting in the audience. "What can it possibly have been like, Andy, for your parents watching there?" he asked, presumably hoping to prompt a moment of choked-up pride. Murray handed him a cold stone in return.

    "I've no idea," he replied, deadpan. "I'm not really that bothered. It's a lot harder for me, that's for sure."

    And I remember thinking it was one of the best interview answers I'd ever heard. I like Murray's sense of humour. Shame so many people can't see it.

    Not as nice as I used to be

  • nickthegun 12 Sep 2012 11:54:42 55,868 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would rather Joey Barton won than Murray.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Page

    of 18 First / Last

Log in or register to reply