BBC Sports Personality of the year 2012 Page 15

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• localnotail 16 Dec 2012 22:29:46 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bah, Ennis should've won. Full marks to Wiggins for blanking the royalty though.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• The-Bodybuilder 16 Dec 2012 22:29:59 14,125 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Honestly, some of you are such whingers. I know it's an internet/EG thing, but just quite your bitching.
    Sorry megastar, if it's as shite and a waste of time as you say it is, why watch it (and more so, comment about it on the internet)?

I'm 99% certain that no matter what the BBC did, the same number of people would be moaning anyways.
    You seriously can't argue that this has been good? They've barely shown any sport. I watched this to get a recap of the amazing year for British sport, and all we've had is a horrible dick sucking contest by everyone involved. It's sickening.
    1. Good or bad, it's the same as it's always been. What reason would you think it would be different after many decades?
    2. They've shown a lot of sports. But it's called the Sports PERSONALITY of the year. It's about people in sports, not about the sports itself.
    3. You watched the SPOTY to get a recap?
    4. If it's as "sickening" as you say, why keep watching it? Why not just go to sleep or watch something else? Nobody's forcing you now.

It's all done now. Still felt Murray should've won, but Wiggo's achievement is understandable. Let's just hope he doesn't get busted in a few years time ala Armstrong.
  • ecureuil 16 Dec 2012 22:30:38 76,698 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ennis wouldn't get nearly as much hype if she wasn't hot.
  • The-Bodybuilder 16 Dec 2012 22:31:18 14,125 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    If everyone chased bubbles around all day and didn't moan about anything the world would be pretty uninteresting.
    Ha, based on that very description, the world would be a very interesting and happy place.
  • DaM 16 Dec 2012 22:31:21 12,982 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Though Bradley was about to burst into song at the end.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Dec 2012 22:31:25 39,435 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm happy with that.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• THFourteen 16 Dec 2012 22:32:02 33,147 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murray should get it after he wins Wimbledon really.
  • The-Bodybuilder 16 Dec 2012 22:32:35 14,125 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Don't understand the Ennis hype. Of all the nominated Olympians, her gold was probably the least impressive.
    O_o
    She basically had the burden of the entire country on her shoulders. She was also not the current champ or previous Olympic winner.
  • ltbobby 16 Dec 2012 22:32:49 303 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ennis is only up there because of the way she looks. Yeah shes pretty yes she was the postergirl but if she looked anything like Claire Balding she would never have been nominated in this.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 16 Dec 2012 22:33:08 9,768 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also, odd how the person presenting the award has getting married as her greatest achievement.
  • El_MUERkO 16 Dec 2012 22:35:19 16,970 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "... and I did it all on drugs! So long suckers!!!"

\o/
  • ltbobby 16 Dec 2012 22:37:17 303 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If Ennis looked like Claire Balding she would never even have been nominated. Its a joke really . Yes she was a postergirl for the games and yeah so shes pretty but shes up there coz of the way she looks more than achievement. Murray shouldve won. Wiggins is a cock
  • IMO 16 Dec 2012 22:37:37 5,625 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Don't understand the Ennis hype. Of all the nominated Olympians, her gold was probably the least impressive.
    What games were you watching? When you hear people like Michael Johnson talking about how difficult it is to be the face of the Games, you know it's a pretty big deal.
  • ltbobby 16 Dec 2012 22:39:13 303 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oops im ranting and posted twice as i thought the forum messed up for a second! Sorry!!
  • Deleted user 16 December 2012 22:39:39
    And she got to master several sports at once. her hurdles time alone would have won her gold in the proper hurdle event in bejing. Great athelete, and role model.

Happy wiggo won. deserved it big time.

Surprised murray got top three, expected either wiggo, ennis or mo to win.

Edited by joelstinton at 22:40:08 16-12-2012
  • ecureuil 16 Dec 2012 22:40:45 76,698 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not the same as it's always been. It used to cover the sporting events of the year far better, I've been watching these awards for 20 years. They never used to do the fucking Poznan or talk about kids and pregnancies. It's been really bad when it should have been the best ever. They should have kept it more grounded but they let the Olympic patriotism affect the production of the show. You can actually rewatch old editions of SPOTY and they're great and nostalgic. Can't imagine many people wanting to rewatch this one. I'm extremely disappointed in the way the BBC handled it.
  • danathjo 16 Dec 2012 22:41:24 7,329 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So why does everyone think Wiggins is a cock now? What have I missed?

Always seemed like a pretty funny guy to me, a lot more entertaining than the majority of 'media trained' athletes anyway.
  • Humperfunk 16 Dec 2012 22:42:09 2,086 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Bah, Ennis should've won. Full marks to Wiggins for blanking the royalty though.
    Passion.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• senso-ji 16 Dec 2012 22:42:11 5,848 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Harsh on Murray. But not unexpected considering how little enthusiasm there is for Tennis outside of Wimbledon. He couldn't have done any more in his career, especially when you look at his competition. Also, Mo Farah missing out on top three is appalling.
  • Bremenacht 16 Dec 2012 22:48:18 17,776 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wiggins was the first Brit to win the Tour de France wasn't he? Someone had been there first in all the other nominee's events, I think, so he deserved it.

Jess Ennis' arse looks like it's accrued a few celebratory pies, but it was still the best looking thing there.

I expected Mo or Andy for 3rd. No-one else would have come close to those 4, I imagine.
  • Dougs 16 Dec 2012 22:51:10 67,116 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    It's not the same as it's always been. It used to cover the sporting events of the year far better, I've been watching these awards for 20 years. They never used to do the fucking Poznan or talk about kids and pregnancies. It's been really bad when it should have been the best ever. They should have kept it more grounded but they let the Olympic patriotism affect the production of the show. You can actually rewatch old editions of SPOTY and they're great and nostalgic. Can't imagine many people wanting to rewatch this one. I'm extremely disappointed in the way the BBC handled it.
    It's been like this for years. Always used to watch, have barely bothered for the last 5 years. Dunno if it's the focus on celebs or that I've generally seen most of the action whereas back in the day it was a chance to see a whole evening of sport..
  • localnotail 16 Dec 2012 22:53:34 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, I know I've been admiring her arse all evening but are some of you actually seriously saying that Ennis doesn't deserve recognition for destroying her opposition, putting in a performance that places her 5th in the historic rankings for Olympic Heptathlon? While simultaneously bearing the huge weight of expectation as poster girl for the whole thing.

That says a whole lot about your attitude towards women, dickheads.

• Trafford 16 Dec 2012 22:56:31 5,730 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice one Brad, a good personality and all.
    Just needs the new years honours list to seal it.
  • Deleted user 16 December 2012 23:00:57
    localnotail wrote:
    Wow, I know I've been admiring her arse all evening but are some of you actually seriously saying that Ennis doesn't deserve recognition for destroying her opposition, putting in a performance that places her 5th in the historic rankings for Olympic Heptathlon? While simultaneously bearing the huge weight of expectation as poster girl for the whole thing.

You just had to fuck up a fair point with the sexism bollocks again.
  • localnotail 16 Dec 2012 23:03:26 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    localnotail wrote:

Oh I'm sorry - what would your explanation be for the "fair point" then?

• MikeP 16 Dec 2012 23:06:02 1,806 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Delighted for Wiggins, surprised that people are moaning about Ennis. She was amazing, especially given the pressure she was under. She became the face of the games, which is a hell of a burden.

Wiggo comes across as less of a well-manicured machine than most sportspeople. And I think that's a good thing. You can say one thing for the man, he's got swagger.

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• senso-ji 16 Dec 2012 23:07:32 5,848 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    5Live are saying that Wiggins beat Ennis by one vote.
  • Humperfunk 16 Dec 2012 23:08:37 2,086 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    localnotail wrote:

Passion.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• MikeP 16 Dec 2012 23:08:44 1,806 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    5Live are saying that Wiggins beat Ennis by one vote.
    glad I voted for him twice, in that case.

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• Deleted user 16 December 2012 23:10:13
    localnotail wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    localnotail wrote:

Oh I'm sorry - what would your explanation be for the "fair point" then?
    well I would start by thinking it was just another example of certain people devaluing certain events. See everyone in the bloody thread picking their winner and arguing that so and so don't deserve it because of whatever. It's been happening in this thread with every contestant from the beginning. But finally a woman gets it and you jump on the only explanation you know.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last