BBC Sports Personality of the year 2012 Page 10

  • Page

    of 18 First / Last

  • dufftownallan 27 Nov 2012 15:51:35 4,725 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Trane, let me stop you there. You seem to be having some fundamental problems with this at the moment, so its probably best to leave it here. We will all just agree that I think Andy Murray is boring and you think he is great because you are Scottish and call it a day.

    My best to your family and your terry loving friend.
    ah, the last refuge of the arguing internet rascal; "I don't have a proper rebuttal to your point so i'm going to rubbish your points whilst trying to claim some spurious intellectual victory by killing the debate."

    you're boring nick, quit being so boring.
  • Trane 27 Nov 2012 15:52:39 4,056 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    I think you lost any weight you had in this argument with the Giggs comment
    I will certainly give you an A for effort.
    Can you point me towards these grading metrics you are using? I'm currently trying to design a world of 'giving a shit' but the response has been less than enthusiastic.
  • danathjo 27 Nov 2012 15:55:40 7,434 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    If it's a personality contest Wiggins wins.

    If it's a sporting contest Wiggins wins.
    this qft bbq
  • nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 15:57:01 60,468 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Trane, let me stop you there. You seem to be having some fundamental problems with this at the moment, so its probably best to leave it here. We will all just agree that I think Andy Murray is boring and you think he is great because you are Scottish and call it a day.

    My best to your family and your terry loving friend.
    ah, the last refuge of the arguing internet rascal; "I don't have a proper rebuttal to your point so i'm going to rubbish your points whilst trying to claim some spurious intellectual victory by killing the debate."

    you're boring nick, quit being so boring.
    Theres not really a rebuttal to be made. I say something Trane tries to contradict me by completely missing the point, I say something, Trane tries to contradict me by completely missing the point, then you have a go and so on.

    I can continue if you like:

    Andy Murray is shit and boring and does not deserve the title 'sports personality of the year'. Emphasis on personality.

    DISCUSS.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 15:58:32 60,468 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    I think you lost any weight you had in this argument with the Giggs comment
    I will certainly give you an A for effort.
    Can you point me towards these grading metrics you are using? I'm currently trying to design a world of 'giving a shit' but the response has been less than enthusiastic.
    Of Course:

    A - subject tries his best but fails miserably
    B - subject has a go but fails miserably
    C - subject has a half hearted go but fails miserably
    D - Subject is ecosse

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • mrpon 27 Nov 2012 16:00:31 29,190 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    E - Subjected to ecosse

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 16:03:10 60,468 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    F - Subjected to the last few pages of this thread

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • JuanKerr 27 Nov 2012 16:04:30 36,311 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    G - Subjected to an interview with Andy Murray
  • Trane 27 Nov 2012 16:05:43 4,056 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Of Course:

    A - subject tries his best but fails miserably
    B - subject has a go but fails miserably
    C - subject has a half hearted go but fails miserably
    D - Subject is ecosse
    Thanks for clarifying. I really feel quite daft now, amongst the swathes of people agreeing with you and your points. Murray would be a worthy winner, the only person who cannot see that is you.

    Just out of interest and completely off topic - have you ever competed in sport to a reasonable level?
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:07:56
    I used to be the world Solo Polo champion. Does that help?
  • nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 16:08:58 60,468 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Depends what you mean by a reasonable level, but i assume in this case the answer you are looking for is 'no'.

    To save you some time and to draw this to its logical conclusion please answer the following questions:

    have you ever directed a film?
    have you ever written a book?
    have you ever released an album of popular music?
    have you ever developed a computer game?
    have you ever been a politician?
    have you ever had aspergers?

    Edited by nickthegun at 16:10:38 27-11-2012

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:09:27
    Trane wrote:

    Murray would be a worthy winner, the only person who cannot see that is you.
    ?
    He was being flippant about something subjective. You imply that he's being serious in this whole thread?
  • Lukus 27 Nov 2012 16:10:13 19,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Isn't Murray pretty much English now anyways? He speaks in an English accent, he lives in England, has an English girlfriend and we're finally starting to except him after winning the Olympics. If he cleaned himself up a bit he'd be a model English gentleman.
    I agree. If he just swears an oath to England I'll be happy to accept him.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:13:33


    Incidentally, don't search archive.org for Hoots Mon if you're at work.
  • LeoliansBro 27 Nov 2012 16:14:30 44,506 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murray has done stuff that hasn't been achieved in a long time. But he's still an uninspiring figure and there are far more worthy contenders for the prize.

    Wiggins for one. Worth noting he's done stuff that hasn't been achieved in a long time too.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • dufftownallan 27 Nov 2012 16:15:15 4,725 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Theres not really a rebuttal to be made. I say something Trane tries to contradict me by completely missing the point, I say something, Trane tries to contradict me by completely missing the point, then you have a go and so on.

    I can continue if you like:

    Andy Murray is shit and boring and does not deserve the title 'sports personality of the year'. Emphasis on personality.

    DISCUSS.
    you have asserted that Murray doesn't deserve to win spoty due to his personality, I posted something which indicates that the award goes to those who have captured the publics imagination and has nothing to do with personality. I noticed that you conveniently failed to engage me with that point.

    I was also tickled pink that you believed tranes support of Murray was down to him being scottish, because, of course, only scottish people must like Murray, so blinded by our nationalism and all that, doesn't really matter that my vote goes to an englisman but let's just ignore that fact as well...

    DISCUSS!
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:17:39
    But you're not Scottish, you live in Australia.
  • LeoliansBro 27 Nov 2012 16:17:46 44,506 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It is pretty much only Scottish people that like Murray though mate.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 16:18:13 60,468 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I failed to engage with that point because it's ridiculous. How's that?

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Trane 27 Nov 2012 16:22:39 4,056 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It is pretty much only Scottish people that like Murray though mate.
    Or in my case,

    - People that actually follow tennis ALL YEAR ROUND
    - People that play it regularly themselves
    - People that genuinely hope to see him succeed for the good of UK tennis/UK sport in general
    - People that primarily rate/support sportsmen on actions and achievements within their sport
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:23:15
    Trane wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It is pretty much only Scottish people that like Murray though mate.
    Or in my case,

    - People that actually follow tennis ALL YEAR ROUND
    - People that play it regularly themselves
    - People that genuinely hope to see him succeed for the good of UK tennis/UK sport in general
    - People that primarily rate/support sportsmen on actions and achievements within their sport
    - People who say things like "stitch you jimmy"
  • Trane 27 Nov 2012 16:23:19 4,056 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Depends what you mean by a reasonable level, but i assume in this case the answer you are looking for is 'no'.

    To save you some time and to draw this to its logical conclusion please answer the following questions:

    have you ever directed a film?
    have you ever written a book?
    have you ever released an album of popular music?
    have you ever developed a computer game?
    have you ever been a politician?
    have you ever had aspergers?
    If only flippancy was a sport eh.
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 16:24:48
    I've written a book. I'm going to go slag the living fuck out of JK Rowling with impunity.
  • LeoliansBro 27 Nov 2012 16:25:01 44,506 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It is pretty much only Scottish people that like Murray though mate.
    Or in my case,

    - People that actually follow tennis ALL YEAR ROUND
    - People that play it regularly themselves
    - People that genuinely hope to see him succeed for the good of UK tennis/UK sport in general
    - People that primarily rate/support sportsmen on actions and achievements within their sport
    Sounds like you're too partial to tennis to be objective here then. Seriously.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • dufftownallan 27 Nov 2012 16:26:21 4,725 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I failed to engage with that point because i don't have a reasonable response to it. How's that?
    fixed
  • nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 16:26:58 60,468 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, not so much.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • nickthegun 27 Nov 2012 16:28:12 60,468 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It is pretty much only Scottish people that like Murray though mate.
    Or in my case,

    - People that actually follow tennis ALL YEAR ROUND
    - People that play it regularly themselves
    - People that genuinely hope to see him succeed for the good of UK tennis/UK sport in general
    - People that primarily rate/support sportsmen on actions and achievements within their sport
    So, despite what I typed, you still persisted down this road of utter idiocy?

    Again, A for effort.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Trane 27 Nov 2012 16:29:21 4,056 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It is pretty much only Scottish people that like Murray though mate.
    Or in my case,

    - People that actually follow tennis ALL YEAR ROUND
    - People that play it regularly themselves
    - People that genuinely hope to see him succeed for the good of UK tennis/UK sport in general
    - People that primarily rate/support sportsmen on actions and achievements within their sport
    Sounds like you're too partial to tennis to be objective here then. Seriously.
    Did you miss the bit where I said Wiggins should win?
  • TheSaint 27 Nov 2012 16:29:46 14,616 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Murray has done stuff that hasn't been achieved in a long time. But he's still an uninspiring figure and there are far more worthy contenders for the prize.

    Wiggins for one. Worth noting he's done stuff that hasn't been achieved in a long time too.
    Also worth noting that the Tour only takes place once a year while Murray has four chances every year to win a major.
  • dufftownallan 27 Nov 2012 16:30:19 4,725 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Yeah, not so much.
    prove it.
  • Page

    of 18 First / Last

Log in or register to reply