Marvel Now

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • damagedinc 10 Sep 2012 15:09:10 958 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Be intresting to see how this pans out. Find marvel very hard to get into. So many different variations of the same thing. So at least this will be a good point to jump onto.

Tempted by cap america and uncanny avengers
  • BinaryBob101 10 Sep 2012 18:28:32 24,411 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh ffs! Don't you know what you've done?!?

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 10 September 2012 18:32:59
    I hear some right no mark is going to be writing Iron Man.
  • GuiltySpark 10 Sep 2012 18:32:59 6,466 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Uncanny X-Force is awesomes, so I have high hopes for Uncanny Avengers. From what I understand though, Uncanny Avengers kind of follows on from X-Force, so I can't imagine it is going to be okay to just jump in.

Get bent.

• damagedinc 10 Sep 2012 21:39:24 958 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Uncanny X-Force is awesomes, so I have high hopes for Uncanny Avengers. From what I understand though, Uncanny Avengers kind of follows on from X-Force, so I can't imagine it is going to be okay to just jump in.
    Yeah i havent followed the avx storyline either which i believe sets up uncanny avengers.
  • damagedinc 10 Sep 2012 21:39:24 958 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Yeah i havent followed the avx storyline either which i believe sets up uncanny avengers.
  • LockeTribal 10 Sep 2012 22:36:44 4,539 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some interesting looking series being planned for this alright. Quite like to see what Si Spurrier does with Legion in X-Men Legacy.
  • Spanky 10 Sep 2012 22:56:59 14,610 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Reading the synopses of each series says no, this is not a good jumping in point, rather a good jumping off point for Quesada and Alonso, off a cunting cliff. WTF is that shit? Red She-hulk... Waa? Mexicans done fucked up.

Edited by Spanky at 22:57:18 10-09-2012

Plubs

• damagedinc 10 Sep 2012 23:34:21 958 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Reading the synopses of each series says no, this is not a good jumping in point, rather a good jumping off point for Quesada and Alonso, off a cunting cliff. WTF is that shit? Red She-hulk... Waa? Mexicans done fucked up.
    Got a link for synopsis for each one? Cant find much information apart from on uncanny avengers?

Marvel needs to be more user friendly i know plenty that would love to read but just no idea where to start myself included to an extent
  • spamdangled 11 Sep 2012 02:34:24 27,441 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Spanky wrote:
    Got a link for synopsis for each one? Cant find much information apart from on uncanny avengers?

Marvel needs to be more user friendly i know plenty that would love to read but just no idea where to start myself included to an extent
    Wikipedia generally has good entries on most of the Marvel universe For X-Men continuity, Uncannyxmen.net is pretty damn good, including detailed synopses of most major X-Men crossovers, relationship trees, character biographies, etc etc.

As for a brief overview of Marvel NOW, not everything so far has been revealed properly, but Marvel.com has some information, and comicbookresources.com has regular articles with marvel execs and creatives, so stuff has been revealed there as well.

All-New X-Men features the original team travelling through time from their early days to the present continuity and having to come to terms with everything that's happened to Xavier's dream and their own character's future actions.

Hulk features Banner and the Hulk now working together and Hulk is now an Avenger again, so presumably he's not about to go on a big rampage anytime soon. He also has some sort of weird new suit of hi-tech armour, the origin and purpose of which (given that he's pretty much indestructible) hasn't been revealed yet.

Iron man is taking the character (with a new black and red suit) into globetrotting all over the place following the Extremis strain getting into lots of the wrong hands. Captain America is going all Kirby-era sci-fi stuff, but pretty serious in tone.

Thor is going even more epic in scope and detailing more of Thor ruling Asgard, and remaining fairly isolated from the rest of Marvel U, with a lot of story arcs being set thousands of years in the past.

Journey Into Mystery is shifting focus to having Sif as the main character.

FF is focussing on a new nominated FF team based on earth consisting of Alicia Masters She-Thing, Medusa, Ant-Man and She-Hulk protecting the Future Foundation. It's being drawn by Mike Allred, so expect it to be pretty light-hearted, possibly comedic in ton, whilst Fantastic Four sees the team being space-based, so the two titles will have little to connect them after the relaunch.

There's also apparently something really big being planned for Rocket Raccoon and Nova, so we could be getting a new Guardians of the Galaxy and a bit new cosmic event (probably as a result of the new GooG film).

Edited by darkmorgado at 02:35:40 11-09-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Page

of 1

Previous Next