The General Xbox Support advice thread

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • X201 7 Sep 2012 11:19:42 15,464 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We haven't got a general Xbox Support thread...

Does anyone know what would be the best way of contacting someone in a higher up position at Xbox Support?

The front line phone people are helpful enough, but because they're essentially only able to fix problems that they have been trained for, they're unable to fix my problem and see me as someone trying to get control of someone else's account, when I'm not.

The problem is a complex one, which would take ages to explain, but the basic problem is that I have two Gamertags associated to the same email address, but the password reset system only works with one of them.

The added problem of the account being registered years ago doesn't help me remember the security questions either. :(

The final irony is MS have sent me a "Tighten up the security on your Gamertag" email this morning, addressed to the inaccessible Gamertag. :)

Edited by X201 at 11:23:05 07-09-2012
  • oceanmotion 7 Sep 2012 12:46:01 15,944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @X201

One way I could see that happening is your hotmail/windows live id expired on your old gamertag and that email address got recycled but you signed up that email address again thinking it would grant you access but I'm afraid it doesn't work like that, the email address will be the same but the account is entirely different. This perhaps an original Xbox gamertag?
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Sep 2012 13:40:39 3,300 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got one for you lot and its a cracker.

Before any of you try to solve my problem, i'll point something out : I spent an hour on the phone with xbox support about 6 months ago and they couldnt solve the problem, so if anyone here can figure it out, it means your more powerful than God, Buddha and She-Hulk.

Basically, when i created my Gamertag many years ago, i used a yahoo e-mail address. About 7 or 8 months ago, without even thinking about it properly, i deleted my yahoo account.

Now, i cant access my xbox account because the email that it was created with no longer exists.

The xbox support chap (who sounded like Arnold Schwarzenneger) gave me a few suggestions ("TRY CREE-AY-TING A NU YAHOO ACCOUWNT WITH DA SAYME NAYME AS BEEFOR!", "GET DOWUN!" etc,etc) but nothing worked.

Like i said, if anyone figures out the solution, i will pay them handsomly : 10,000 Yen

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Afiddes 7 Sep 2012 13:42:30 1,164 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    don't you have the option to re-activate your yahoo account for 6 months or a year after deleting it?

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Ultrasoundwave 7 Sep 2012 13:46:41 3,300 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I checked that out and either a) Im stupid or b) Yahoo are VERY stupid. Following the instructions on Yahoo's website, there is a stumbling block on their first step :

To reactivate your account:
    Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account with your current password. (We encourage you to do so on a computer rather than a mobile device.)

How exactly can i sign into my yahoo mail account when it doesnt exist anymore?

• Afiddes 7 Sep 2012 13:48:20 1,164 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    i imagine that the account isnt actually deleted straight away but held in archive. when you login it brings it back into use

possibly i have never tried it

3DS: 5198 2465 6450

• Ultrasoundwave 7 Sep 2012 13:55:28 3,300 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I tried it anyway, 'nothing to lose' and all that : Didnt work.

:|

• X201 7 Sep 2012 13:57:03 15,464 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm wondering, if I change the email with my current Xbox tag, and then try and do a recovery on the old address, would that trigger the old tag?
  • PenguinJim 29 Sep 2012 06:20:27 5,855 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Went to support to complain about the large number of disconnections/unable-to-sign-ins they've had during the past few months, and the live chat queue is quite interesting. For the first ten minutes:

All agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly. You are currently '2' in the queue.

Now it's:

All agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly. You are currently '3' in the queue.

Am I going backwards in the queue? Or is there some specific higher number that means "front of the queue"? 10, perhaps? Or 7?

It's just changed again:

All agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly. You are currently '2' in the queue. :champ: WHICH WAY AM I GOING?!?!?!
  • Fake_Blood 29 Sep 2012 09:24:19 4,209 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They are just going to say your internet connection sucks and it has nothing to do with them.
  • PenguinJim 29 Sep 2012 17:11:28 5,855 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They actually said that they're not Webmasters and are only responsible for the Live service on console, not for anything related to xbox.com. :lol:

(In the interests of posting something actually useful/more on-topic, I should probably mention that the disconnection issue I'd been having in May/June could apparently be fixed, maybe, possibly, by redownloading my profile. But it had already resolved itself anyway. Still, might be useful to someone. Then they threw some Gold at me and asked me to go away)
  • muttler 25 Dec 2012 10:14:58 4,032 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got a problem and no way of contacting xbox support.  I downloaded The Dark Knight Rises HD rental from the xbox video store to watch over Christmas, went to play it back last night and its all messed up, the audio keeps cutting in and out, the screen has white flickers across it and it goes blank every 30 seconds or so, with the message "your xbox requires a secure connection to playback this content", but I had waited until the whole thing was downloaded (11.9 gbs) before playing.  Any ideas what the problem is?
  • Fake_Blood 25 Dec 2012 13:02:23 4,209 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm going out on limb here and guess that you are using a component video cable?
  • muttler 25 Dec 2012 13:55:22 4,032 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No, hdmi. Although I am house sitting for a friend, so using his tv and internet.  There is lots of other stuff plugged into his tv though, tvo box, his xbox etc.
  • X201 26 Dec 2012 07:48:11 15,464 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dodgy HDMI connection.
  • theguy 27 Dec 2012 19:03:58 653 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Do the new(er) official xbox wired headsets not work very well with old(er) xbox controllers? Seems a bit loose when connected and doesn't work at certain angles
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next