Good times, bad times, with the radio on. Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • dr_swin 5 Sep 2012 12:58:22 4,855 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really enjoy the Mayo/Kermode movie review and discussion. I tend to download the podcast though as I am normally working when it is on. Having worked my way through a number of Kermode's favourite films from the last year I am coming to the conclusion that I find his reviews entertaining and well considered but don't necessarily enjoy the same films as him.
  • localnotail 5 Sep 2012 13:03:51 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Phone spazz, sorry

kinky_mong

Tom Ravenscroft is John Peel's son?! You would have thought he would have at least picked up some capability on how to present a radio show, rather than sounding like a complete amateur with no charisma whenever he covers for someone on 6Music!
    John Peel was one of the least professional DJs ever, and would often play things at the wrong speed :D Tom is a chip off the old block. I like him. He played a 40min experimental electro track a few months back without warning. I think he wanted to go out for a smoke & then got the munchies.

On the subject of comedy, Jon Holmes is pretty funny on 6music on Saturday. Radio 2 keep pinching him though.

Edited by localnotail at 13:09:13 05-09-2012

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• kinky_mong 5 Sep 2012 16:48:34 9,940 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Phone spazz, sorry

kinky_mong

Tom Ravenscroft is John Peel's son?! You would have thought he would have at least picked up some capability on how to present a radio show, rather than sounding like a complete amateur with no charisma whenever he covers for someone on 6Music!
    John Peel was one of the least professional DJs ever, and would often play things at the wrong speed :D Tom is a chip off the old block. I like him. He played a 40min experimental electro track a few months back without warning. I think he wanted to go out for a smoke & then got the munchies.
    He's just played California Uber Alles on daytime radio which I'd never though I'd hear so I'll give him a free pass. Still think he needs to learn how to use a bed when he's doing extended talking links so it doesn't sound like a graveyard shift show.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• deez 5 Sep 2012 17:05:30 85 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In Brighton, the best station is the French station FIP from across the channel, quite an eclectic mix and much more pleasant to walk home to than any UK station.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next