Tales of Graces F Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Zackv4861 26 Sep 2012 13:26:15 1,138 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lol. I'm 33hours in and my Eleth mixer us 1800 so you're doing well.
  • santashi 26 Sep 2012 13:30:46 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't remember what my mixer was at but it's something pretty low, I'm sure. I've pretty much just been using the mixer as a magic item maker. :p I've taken a look at the trophy list now I've finished the game and I've missed most of them anyway, so it's not like I'm that bothered by it. ;)

Hmm, Richard fruit snack...

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• chrisno21 26 Sep 2012 14:57:52 1,548 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I realised that cooking was the only thing to increase the mixer and I found a book which allowed 2 recipes a battle - it was increasing by around 6 every fight - which helps but I can't see me pushing it to 9999.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• santashi 26 Sep 2012 15:15:43 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd imagine it might get a bit grindy.

• Zackv4861 26 Sep 2012 18:05:37 1,138 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah definately. I've been cooking high level foods but it costs an arm And a leg to keep refilling it too
  • chrisno21 27 Sep 2012 10:30:32 1,548 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does high level food have an effect, I am cooking 1 for battles >10seconds (40 cost) and 1 for 1HP<60% (16 cost) and getting great pretty good payback - even more so with the book which enhances the xp gain from cooking.

Also unlocked chaos difficulty - which is actually tough.

• santashi 27 Sep 2012 10:38:06 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hmm, good to know. I assumed the last boss (in the present arc, not future) would be really tough so I just went with Moderate but finished them off without much trouble on my first attempt. I'll probably have a go at the harder settings when I've finished the future arc.

• itamae 27 Sep 2012 18:22:12 9,897 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The epilogue is actually much more challenging than the main game (not counting optional battles and some bosses). I played most of the main quest on Evil without much trouble, but the extra content was pretty tough even on Normal. That's not a complaint, mind, I thought it was much more balanced that way.

Not really a spoiler: you should probably save some elixirs and hourglasses for the final final boss, or it might get a bit hairy.
  • FabricatedLunatic 30 Sep 2012 10:50:16 13,040 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've returned to the game after a couple of weeks off. It's good to be back.

The game's difficulty is all over the place, though. Totally unbalanced. I'm cruising through regular battles on Evil, then I come up against Kurt (more like Kunt amirite) and his never-ending combos of DOOM and I'm utterly annihilated on Hard while burning through my supply of life bottles in a vain attempt to keep my near-useless party members alive.

So I drop down to Moderate and suddenly me and my merry men are the ones doin' the annihilatin'. Only used one life bottle in the entire fight. Most other bosses I've been able to beat on hard, but I can't see how I would've managed this one without a lot of trial and error and pain.
  • itamae 30 Sep 2012 11:53:20 9,897 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you think that fight is difficult you should return to the ice cave right near the end of the game. There's an optional battle that I just couldn't beat even on Easy. ;_;

On the bright side, the area to the right of that dungeon is fantastic for levelling. Turn the difficulty to 12, smack some of those paedobears around and you'll be set for the rest of the game in under an hour.
  • chrisno21 1 Oct 2012 12:02:21 1,548 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got more time on this over the weekend, am now just about to head up Fendel Tower.

One question - do we ever get the option of warping anywhere later on in the game. I'm walking round the whole world fulfilling inn requests and not going very far with the plot.

• FabricatedLunatic 1 Oct 2012 12:56:11 13,040 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    itamae wrote:
    On the bright side, the area to the right of that dungeon is fantastic for levelling.
    Are we thinking of the same dungeon? I don't remember there being any areas off to the side.

A bigger issue for me is earning titles. My grinding has borne fruit but now I'm resorting to spamming little-used skills for some title scraps.

Edited by FabricatedLunatic at 12:56:26 01-10-2012
  • santashi 1 Oct 2012 15:01:46 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @chrisno21 Yep, you get the usual 'go to any town/dungeon/field on the map' ability near the end of the game. Spoilered for people who don't want to know the answer to the question. :p

• itamae 1 Oct 2012 17:06:29 9,897 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FabricatedLunatic wrote:
    itamae wrote:
    On the bright side, the area to the right of that dungeon is fantastic for levelling.
    Are we thinking of the same dungeon? I don't remember there being any areas off to the side.
    Oh wait, you're right. I was thinking of the other dungeon in that area, the one where you have to do some easy light beam puzzles. Hope you didn't spend too much time looking for a secret passage. :-P
  • FabricatedLunatic 1 Oct 2012 17:23:47 13,040 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Only about four hours. But don't worry: I found some grapes on the floor near the dungeon entrance, so it wasn't a complete loss.
  • Zackv4861 6 Oct 2012 16:17:26 1,138 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finally completed this. Credia are rolling. The end game seemed to drag on a bit and Jesus were the last boss fights hard.
  • FabricatedLunatic 23 Oct 2012 11:44:43 13,040 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    De_Carabas wrote:
    @FabricatedLunatic Not exactly a hot springs, but you'll have to look for it later.
    After getting the ability to explore the map I found it--believe it or not (I almost don't)--with literally my first click of the L1 button. I had no idea of its location, and in fact wasn't even looking for the place. It's like I was compelled to that particular spot by some powerful, unseen force...

Now sidequesting my way around the map. Guess that'll put my completion of the game back another couple of weeks /o\
  • chrisno21 23 Oct 2012 22:20:11 1,548 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Currently playing L&L seems interesting to put the characters six months on, like the concept, especially after spending so long with them already.

So at I've really enjoyed his as a Tales game.

• Ror1984 27 Jul 2013 20:23:11 4,204 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Evenin' all.

I've just finished the main story today (it had been sitting on my shelf since release and I had to get it out of the way before Xillia arrives), and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a rough estimate for how long Lineages & Legacies is.

I really enjoyed the ending and want to push on, but I don't want to be part-way through it when my Xillia collectors ed turns up! The main story took me about 55 hours and I've read that the L&L script is 3/4 of the main game's length - if that means ~35-40 hours it's definitely not doable for me!

Cheers!
  • TheMayorOfJugs 31 Jan 2014 22:29:05 4,507 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ............ So Kurt is a bit of a fucker isn't he?
    Haven't gotten stuck once before him. So frustrating, the never ending unblockable Darth Maul rape is truly tortutous.

Tips please? :(
  • Ror1984 31 Jan 2014 22:30:00 4,204 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lower the difficulty? ;)

Yes, he is a bit of a bastard. I'm afraid I can't remember much about the game now though :(
  • TheMayorOfJugs 31 Jan 2014 22:36:01 4,507 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I always feel dirty if I lower the difficulty of a game, especially after investing 15 hours or so (so far).

Soldiers spawn in, I get a few swipes and use the rest of my cc dodging or back pedalling, soldiers respawn, they have to be killed so my healers can healify me, Kurt sodomizes us while we kill his soldiers, we're half healed and then the soldiers are back, it repeats, eventually death....

:'(
  • Ror1984 31 Jan 2014 22:45:57 4,204 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep, that sounds familiar.

If I remember, he likes to swipe wide quite a lot, so back-stepping rather than side-stepping is probably your best bet for dodging. That's not really going to help you that much though. I'm sure I remember him firming every bloody combo I threw at him, yet hit-stunning me and opening me up for his own combos.

I can't remember what I did, but I can remember the frustration. Sorry :(

I got stuck on Alexei in Vesperia too, and I'm also now stuck on Volt in Eternia!
  • TheMayorOfJugs 31 Jan 2014 22:54:37 4,507 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yep that's exactly it, can't seem to stun him even when I hit him with his weakness, and the cunt soldiers are potshotting my healers now too..... aggagaagh.... -_- :D

Thanks for your help anyway!

I've never played either of those, this is my first Tales game, so I'm no help to you, sorry.
  • Ror1984 31 Jan 2014 23:22:27 4,204 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haha no worries, but I doubt I was any help at all :D

Ah no, I beat Vesperia before I even played Graces, I just happened to get stuck on that one boss for a while. I think I ended up doing hours of grinding to get past the bastard. Eternia has been on the backburner while I played A Link Between Worlds, but I have to get back to it now after finishing that yesterday :( I'm not looking forward to trying Volt again.

Good luck, hope you stab Kurt in the eye. And if you're not too traumatised after this, give Xillia a shot.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 5 Feb 2014 15:26:39 4,507 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Kurt vanquished! Bastard. Got lucky in the beginning, party laid into him and stunned him and did well over 15000 damage before he retaliated.

Up all the way past Emeraude now.
    Am I near the end of the 'present' arc?

Also hope you beat Volt Ror :-D
  • Ror1984 5 Feb 2014 15:31:32 4,204 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    \o/

You shouldn't have a great deal to go now. Are you going to do the 'f' arc?

I did! I fired it up the evening that I last commented on this thread and just thought "sod it, I'll try him again before I resign myself to hours of grinding", and actually managed to do it :D
  • TheMayorOfJugs 5 Feb 2014 15:37:42 4,507 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is the story in it ok? I'd hate to have my opinion of the characters ruined by a bad extra section. I hear it's lengthy enough too, and Xillia is glaring at me wrapped on my shelf.

Nice one, my insane luck must've rubbed off on you! :-D
  • Ror1984 5 Feb 2014 15:53:41 4,204 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think the characters are actually better in it - at the end of the main game, the only character I actually cared for was Pascal. The rest just didn't stand out very much. They all felt like they had a bit more personality in the epilogue.

IIRC it's about ten hours, but the last boss is hard. I tried it once, got annihilated, then had a look online to see how far off the recommended level I was. I was 20-something below, so I just dropped it down to easy because I wanted to finish it - Xillia was already in the post and on the way to me, and there was no way I was going to grind out twenty-odd levels in time.

I thought it was worth it for the ending though. It's still far and away the weakest title that I've played in the series, but the epilogue made me feel a bit better about it.

It must have! I think I'm probably a handful of hours from the end of it now, but I should probably do a bit of levelling - I'm only Lv 42.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 5 Feb 2014 16:05:37 4,507 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hmm.... Xillia will have to wait then it seems.
    I might do the same as you if the final boss is that tough, anxious really to start the new one :-D

I'm about lv72 now, do they carry into the epilogue?

This is the weakest you say..... Haven't played any other ps3 games since I started it. Thoroughly enjoyed it, can't wait for Xilia and Symphonia HD if Graces is weak :-D
  • Page

of 5 First / Last