Tales of Graces F

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • Zackv4861 2 Sep 2012 09:16:33 1,084 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hey has anyone else bought this? I was quite impressed with the special edition pack for the price. I got mine forc£31 from Zavvi more amazingly it turned up and on time.

I've not played it yet but am wondering what does the "F" stand for in the title?
  • Kangoo 2 Sep 2012 10:08:44 1,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pretty sure it is for Future, ironic as it has been out for ages in Japan and is a conversion of an older Nintendo title iirc.

PSN: Adwab2

• Zackv4861 2 Sep 2012 10:10:14 1,084 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah cheers seemed weird just having an "F" in there. Lol yeah i know. You played it? Any good?
  • Kangoo 2 Sep 2012 10:13:22 1,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Would love to get it but with a baby due in the next month, time and moeny are not on my side.

PSN: Adwab2

• Ror1984 2 Sep 2012 13:34:49 3,062 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The 'f' for future refers to an added epilogue that wasn't in the Wii original.

It's a very nice package considering it's essentially a special edition for the price of a standard edition. Namco-Bandai did the same with Dark Souls too, they're fast becoming my favourite publisher because of incentives like that.

I got mine on Thursday, but haven't touched it (beyond watching the opening animation), as I haven't finished Vesperia yet...

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Zackv4861 2 Sep 2012 14:40:24 1,084 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No i'm finishing off another game at the moment then will kick it in. Ok thanks for the information on the "F". Vesperia was 360 only wasn't it? Is this PS3 only or 360 too? I really like the Tales games. They still have the Japanese culture entwined within the game
  • Ror1984 2 Sep 2012 14:59:19 3,062 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No worries. Apparently the epilogue is about ten hours. I haven't read into it too much as I want to know as little about the game as possible when I start it.

Vesperia is 360-only over here, as far as i know the PS3 version never made it out of Japan. It is a bit annoying having them across multiple platforms though! Graces f is PS3-only, I have Abyss on 3DS, Vesperia on 360 and I'm hoping Innocence R makes it out on Vita here.

• Megapocalypse 2 Sep 2012 17:17:50 5,385 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Been playing my copy over the last couple of days and am enjoying it a lot. Vesperia never clicked for some reason but maybe I went into it expecting another Symphonia as that had been my only prior Tales experience.
  • Deleted user 2 September 2012 17:20:08
    It's ok. I enjoyed Vesperia lots more. The lack of an over-world really grated.
  • Zackv4861 2 Sep 2012 18:16:22 1,084 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah seems like maybe a mixed bag. I'll be playing it soon enough so i'll see first hand. Looking forward to it though. This will be my forth Tales game
  • itamae 2 Sep 2012 19:03:17 9,873 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Have been playing it since Friday and I do like it a lot. Sure, the story and characters won't win any prizes for originality, but it plays very well and the skits are great as usual.

I'm pretty disappointed by the Day 1 edition bonuses though. Pretty much zero effort has gone into the artbook, I can't unlock the extra costumes because the PS3 keeps telling me that the code has expired, and the soundtrack CD isn't very impressive, either. Ah well, as long as the game is fun...
  • Ror1984 2 Sep 2012 21:07:54 3,062 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Zackv4861 If it helps at all, a friend of mine got it Friday evening and has already put twenty hours into it. He's obviously enjoying it. It is his first Tales game, though.

@itamae I think the art book has far too much in the way of character art and sketches; I'd much rather it was more heavily weighted toward environment art myself. But considering the Day 1 Edition is essentially a limited edition for the price of a standard game, I'm not complaining.

• santashi 4 Sep 2012 16:10:33 5,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Apparently my copy has turned up. :D

It's weird to think that I've had my PS3 for over a year now when the news that ToGf would be localised was one of the factors that motivated me to get one.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Zackv4861 4 Sep 2012 19:16:57 1,084 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ror1984 wrote:
    @Zackv4861 If it helps at all, a friend of mine got it Friday evening and has already put twenty hours into it. He's obviously enjoying it. It is his first Tales game, though.

@itamae I think the art book has far too much in the way of character art and sketches; I'd much rather it was more heavily weighted toward environment art myself. But considering the Day 1 Edition is essentially a limited edition for the price of a standard game, I'm not complaining.
    Hey that can only be a good sign. I have faith i've only played one Tales game i couldn't finish on the PSP can't remember that game but it's notorious for being ths black sheep of the herd so to speak.
  • FabricatedLunatic 4 Sep 2012 20:31:58 13,000 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm reasonably pleased with the art book, though I was expecting it to be hardback based on the promotional pack shot (THEY LIED TO ME). A hundred pages of character art and sketches is more than okay for a freebie.

The "art books" that were included with Atelier Totori and Meruru... now there's a real lack of effort for you.

2-3 hours into the game and I'm enjoying it. Don't have much of a clue about what all this CC business is about, and I don't expect the 3-page manual to be of much help. To the Googlemobile!
  • Zackv4861 4 Sep 2012 21:46:24 1,084 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    3 page manual that's generous these days.lol.
  • santashi 5 Sep 2012 08:34:49 5,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That artbook is probably one of the nicest free artbooks I've had, and gives some of the CE artbooks a run for their money too. If people think it's a big letdown then I have no idea what they're used to. ;) I was a bit bemused by some of the images when looking through it though. I know some of those character designs... :p Assuming it's not the usual post-game bonus dungeon I am interested to see what happens with them in the game.

Got to play an hour of it last night and enjoying myself so far. Interesting tweaks to the combat system. Haven't found the Wonder Chef yet though - hope he's in it, although the fusion system makes it seem unlikely. I still think he should have been the final boss in Vs.

• Zackv4861 5 Sep 2012 17:24:17 1,084 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I loved the whole special edition for £30 most of the time you pay £50 for what was in the box. The artbook i thought was cool.

Wonderchef i forgot about him!! Legend!!
  • santashi 6 Sep 2012 08:30:46 5,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Think I'm about 9 or 10 hours into it now and... I really like Sophie (spoilered for the fact that there is still a Sophie 9-10 hours in, if the opening movie didn't already give that away). I wasn't expecting to be all that fussed about her to start with but I absolutely love her now.

Just had a couple of interesting psycho bits. Always a bit embarassing to be caught arguing with yourself in public... The title that comes with it is pretty funny though.

• Zackv4861 6 Sep 2012 12:55:52 1,084 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ahhh i need to play that message has intrigued me but i don't want to read the spoilers.lol
  • santashi 6 Sep 2012 15:01:13 5,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's kind of hard to work the spoiler situation for RPGs, in that there's no easy way to indicate where the spoiler is for (and therefore let people know if it's safe for them to read at the point they're up to) without spoiling. :p

I have noticed that there are chapter trophies though, so maybe I'll check which chapter I'm in and put that next to my spoiler comments in the future.

On a random note, Richard's adult voice sounds like it belongs to a really creepy stalker.

• FabricatedLunatic 6 Sep 2012 20:01:41 13,000 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't believe I'm seven hours into the game and still getting post-battle tutorials shoved in my face. The battle and crafting systems have an insane amount of depth (and the title/skill system offers an overwhelming amount of choice), such that I've not been able to take it all in first time around. It's seriously good, though.

Anyone know when I can use the free DLC costumes? I entered the code and downloaded all the goodies, but as yet I'm not able to change the characters out of their default outfits.

PS: Sophie is <3
  • itamae 6 Sep 2012 20:53:48 9,873 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TIGER FESTIVAL!
  • santashi 6 Sep 2012 22:44:14 5,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FabricatedLunatic To use the costumes you need to go to the rightmost item section in the menu, activate the DLC, then go to the title section and select the appropriate title for the character (at the very bottom). You'll notice that the third star of the DLC titles unlocks the costume. When you've got the title to three stars, go to the status section of the menu, scroll through to page 5, and you can select it. Phew!

I didn't notice this until I was past the kid section so I only did the three Destiny outfits. I prefer the normal outfits though-the Destiny ones look a little odd on them somehow.

• FabricatedLunatic 7 Sep 2012 09:02:46 13,000 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, thanks for that. What a palava!

I hate Bandai-Namco for hoarding so many of the costumes to flog as DLC. Dressing the characters up is the best part of these games (well, maybe) and now they want more money for most of the outfits. Grumble...
  • santashi 7 Sep 2012 09:59:08 5,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Isn't it just? I'm not surprised it took me so long to find it. I still am not sure how to add accessories, unless those doll things I keep finding aren't actually supposed to be accessories.

I had a quick look at the outfit DLC (actual DLC, not unlock silliness) that is up on the PSN and £3 for an extra outfit seems ridiculous.

On a related note, though, I think the use of titles in ToG is great. I love how they're so tied in with the artes this time. I also love the guard/dodge feature, which feels really well thought out. And the Mysterious Groper.

• FabricatedLunatic 7 Sep 2012 17:31:28 13,000 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This morning I didn't get the "Mysterious Groper" reference. Now, I do.

I love this game.
  • Zackv4861 7 Sep 2012 17:43:20 1,084 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FabricatedLunatic wrote:

I love this game.
    Wow i'm not even sure what to say to that one!!! I'm hoping to start this back end of the weekend. In the middle of prepping to beat Ruby weapon in FFVII then it's on.
  • santashi 7 Sep 2012 18:08:36 5,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FabricatedLunatic wrote:

I love this game.
    Heh! I've got another one then: "Let's search for the butt! It's the only way!"

• itamae 7 Sep 2012 20:00:22 9,873 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FabricatedLunatic wrote:

I love this game.
    Wow, you really must've been putting some hours in! I only just met the Gropette a couple of days ago myself.

*intercom* Marcie dear, cancel all my appointments for the weekend.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous