Fringe Season 5 **US Pace** Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • CosmicFuzz 25 Feb 2013 07:24:15 21,249 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was good, but as others say it felt rushed and cheaply made. Also, the time travel stuff makes no sense to me at all.

And couldn't they just have given the kid an address to go to in Oslo? :D

It didn't wrap up everything though. What happened with the whole ZFT or whatever, the handbook written by Walter on his dodgy typewriter, and the whole "first people" stuff? Has that been wrapped up already?

Not sure I enjoyed the whole invasion story as much as universe hopping. But was still pretty good overall.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• TarickStonefire 25 Feb 2013 13:25:09 2,665 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Also, the time travel stuff makes no sense to me at all.

And couldn't they just have given the kid an address to go to in Oslo? :D
    Time travel stuff isn't meant to make sense. Asking it to puts you on a hiding to nothing, I've found. /shrugs

As for the boy, they explained precisely why they couldn't let him go on his own, as I recall: because they needed to be absolutely sure he got there.

Or am I missing an inside joke? ;)

Edited by TarickStonefire at 13:25:53 25-02-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• CosmicFuzz 25 Feb 2013 13:32:06 21,249 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nah I was just being picky.

I also didn't like the way storylines were dropped like Walter suddenly becoming nice, and Peter taking the observer chip out. There was so much they could have done with that and they didn't. What was the point?

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• TarickStonefire 25 Feb 2013 13:42:16 2,665 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz I think we possibly expect far too much in the way of 'all things tied up, every single thread in it's place' when shows like this end. I get what you're saying, but much like the end of Lost, which I liked despite having so many questions I'd have liked to see them run with instead of the direction it went, sometimes you just have to let it go.

Essentially I just don't think they had the time to do anything worthwhile with them, and are as regretful for that as viewers are frustrated.

• TarickStonefire 25 Feb 2013 13:47:19 2,665 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz With regards Walter becoming nice - didn't that happen years before, before the show even started? They made a fair bit of that, I thought: he used to be a complete shit with no very few ethics, but when he became aware of the implications of what they'd done/discovered, he realised he needed to hide that knowledge both from himself and the world, so had parts of his brain cut out, which had the side effect of rendering him a much nicer person.

Then in the last series or so they needed that information back so he put those bits of his brain back in (and seriously, we accept this but criticise other stuff?! ;) ) and by default became an less pleasant person, which had ramifications for his ethics and reliability, as well as his relationships with people he loved.

I think there's quite a lot going on there! :)

The whole Observer chip I did expect to last the whole series, and I'm really glad they got past the whole 'Oh Noes Peter Is Turning Into One Of Them' thing pretty quickly, it could have become really boring every week.

• Chopsen 6 Jul 2013 15:51:45 15,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just watched this.

Now, way back when child Peter was unwell, Walter failed to find a cure because an observer walked in his lab and distracted him. There all the universe jumping etc strted. Now the observers never existed, Peter never died, and pretty much nothing else would have happened, no?
  • BinaryBob101 6 Jul 2013 15:55:37 21,966 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Um yeah, about that...

Best not to think about stuff like that too much. ;-)

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• GiarcYekrub 30 Dec 2013 13:32:04 3,583 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just finished watching this, I watched all 5 seasons back to back... Not sure why they ditched Universes 1 and 2 for 3 and 4 in season 4 seemed to go downhill at that point, I guess it was to undo making fauxlivia kill the deaf bloke which was probably was a mistake the writers made not thinking ahead, I mean they were already humanizing her with Olivia taking her life over there

For me it makes more sense if the Observers were from the future other side, that would give a reason for not invading it too and give them a reason to get involved in the inter-universe goings on.
  • Mola_Ram 30 Dec 2013 14:23:06 6,252 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Any Fringe lovers should check out Sleepy Hollow. It has much the same feel to it, and one or two of the same actors!
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next