Fringe Season 5 **US Pace** Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• MightyMouse 8 Oct 2012 00:42:40 1,127 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like that the emphasis is on Olivia again. The show was stronger when it wasn't just the Peter show. That said, I'd prefer it if there was less of the "oh she's so inspirational" and more of her actually doing stuff.
  • Mola_Ram 29 Oct 2012 11:54:26 6,998 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm not going to read this thread for a bit, as I'm only part-way through season 3.

But god damn I love this show. It's so, so ridiculous, but I love it for that. I think it's almost on a par with the X-Files.
  • varsas 30 Oct 2012 13:22:19 2,401 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Indeed rodpad :cry:
  • BinaryBob101 30 Oct 2012 13:34:49 22,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I was wondering if they'd be brave enough to do that.

Good episode.

Beautiful tender beings.

• brandon-flowers 18 Nov 2012 21:15:33 182 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow I love this show :-)
  • brandon-flowers 16 Dec 2012 21:30:23 182 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nobody watching this anymore then?
    The latest ep was so good :)
    Walter is a legend
  • oceanmotion 16 Dec 2012 21:47:02 15,673 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, still good. Love him on acid. I could get lost in Oliva close ups.
  • neilka 12 Jan 2013 19:48:06 15,679 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WALTER
    A
    L
    T
    E
    R
  • neilka 18 Jan 2013 11:59:45 15,679 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Last two episodes tonight! Has everyone given up already?
  • CosmicFuzz 18 Jan 2013 12:02:15 23,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm just 4 eps in to season 5 but I'm not really feeling it.

Can video games be a force for good? My latest article says yes!

• oceanmotion 18 Jan 2013 12:19:54 15,673 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Still watching and looking forward to the finale.

Finding the tape parts were a bit boring this season but I'm just glad there is a final ending.

I think people are still watching, just can't be bothered discussing it any more after all the two universes and rushed end game.

Once the end happens, guess we might get some chat.

I suspect people know what the end will likely be so deflates things somewhat but probably a few unknowns or will happen this or that way.

See you on the other side :)

Edited by oceanmotion at 12:21:57 18-01-2013
  • BinaryBob101 18 Jan 2013 12:36:09 22,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been enjoying this season a lot. No, it hasn't been as light-hearted as previous seasons - Walter hasn't had anywhere near as much drugs as he's had previously and Etta's doom was a bit depressing - but, in spite of that I've really enjoyed it and some of the quieter character moments have been amazing to watch.

Looking forward to tonight's finale, but I'll be upset to see Fringe finish. Looks like Walter may bite the bullet too. :(

Beautiful tender beings.

• Buztafen 18 Jan 2013 12:51:25 16,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When and what is it on tonight, it's been increasing difficult to find Fringe from my usual sources.
  • Buztafen 18 Jan 2013 13:06:43 16,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sky 1 tomorrow night it seems, need to find and EP11 tonight then.
  • BinaryBob101 18 Jan 2013 16:33:35 22,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Go somewhere fucking filthy then you silly whore - you love it rough really.

PublicHD do decent 1080p mkvs.

Beautiful tender beings.

• BinaryBob101 18 Jan 2013 16:34:10 22,353 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Buztafen

Beautiful tender beings.

• Buztafen 18 Jan 2013 17:25:55 16,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TORRENTS!

/spits at Bobs face

Take you're poisonous bilge elsewhere Robert!
  • Darren 19 Jan 2013 12:27:05 8,712 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The finale was really good and mostly satisfying but a little disappointing at the same time as final series episodes usually are.

I didn't see the point of having Walter originally taking the boy to 2167 only for September/Donald to give his speech about him taking Walter's place because he realised how much he loved his son, only for him to get shot and Walter have to take the boy to the future anyway! Felt a bit like digging a hole and then filling it in to me since Walter was originally going to go and that's what he did. What was the whole point of the September/Donald and Walter scene? We already knew he'd become human and emotional and even experienced emotions as an Observer so his scene with Walter felt a bit redundant given the end. And is it me or did anyone else think it strange that this Michael is the evolution of the human race and supposedly emotional and intellectual yet he never spoke a single world or exhibited any sign of emotion other than a slight smile when Olivia rescued him? And Windmark's final scenes definitely felt rushed and unsatisfactory.

Otherwise it was a lovely if ultimately predictable ending to what has been an entertaining series only marred a little by Walter not being there in 2015. I especially loved that Olivia briefly revisted the alternate universe and it was only missing a scene with the 90 year old Walterate (I guess that might have being too contrived given that Olivia was up against a time limit). Also I wish we'd seen something of Walter and Michael in 2167 but then Walter's final scene wouldn't have had the same emotional impact I guess. The brief scene with Walter and Astrid was also nice even if I feel Astrid was a bit wasted in the series overall as little more than Walter's nursemaid.

Now it is over, I'm actually sad and wished Fringe had had one more season. Season 5, because it was shorter, felt somewhat rushed in places and on reflection I'd have liked season 4 and half of season 5 to have been the traditional Fringe leading up to the last season and half set in the future and the confrontation with the Observers. Characters like Etta were not really given much screen time and it was never explained how William Bell came to be trapped in the amber when the last we saw of him was him escaping after nearly destroying two universes (or did I miss a line of dialogue?).

Great series. John Noble was absolutely outstanding throughout and frequently stole the show IMO. Shame it is now over. :(

Edited by Darren at 12:27:59 19-01-2013

Edited by Darren at 12:29:06 19-01-2013

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Scimarad 19 Jan 2013 13:08:49 8,530 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought it was all a bit of a non-event, really. If you follow their logic for the solution (I don't particularly) than it's a perfectly good end to season 5 but it doesn't make an especially good ending to series as a whole. Then again, Fringe was pretty fragmented so I'm not sure you could really have such an ending.

It was alright, I suppose.
  • Psychotext 19 Jan 2013 18:01:02 53,855 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well shit... so that's it is it? Certainly felt like it.

I did enjoy the unleashing of all the nasties they had into the building. Horrible![/spoiler
  • TOOTR 19 Jan 2013 18:13:51 9,498 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fringe for me was always a bit of fun but often missed more than it hit.

Still sad to see it go but I don't believe they could have milked it anymore than they did without seriously diluting what, often let's be honest, was a show filled with filler episodes but saved by some great characters and lots of timey-wimey dimension bouncing silliness.

Could have done without the RPG style - go here, get next item mentioned on videotape, return,get next item etc nonsense in last season but hey.

RIP Gene the cow - you were udderly beautiful.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Psychotext 19 Jan 2013 18:15:30 53,855 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I was quite mooved by that scene.
  • TOOTR 19 Jan 2013 18:15:56 9,498 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh and what was little ' please someone put Astrid's beanie on his bald freckled head' Michael's gesture all about?

The finger to lips shhh gesture.

And why did he let himself get captured/walk off the metro?

Anyone?

• TOOTR 19 Jan 2013 18:16:17 9,498 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Yeah, I was quite mooved by that scene.
    :D

• Scimarad 19 Jan 2013 18:16:41 8,530 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You shut up; Gene is alive, well and about to become part of crime solving team with Astrid.
  • TarickStonefire 19 Jan 2013 22:42:35 2,905 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I liked it. Once I got through the first season, which started off very pants, Fringe became one of my favourite shows on telly. :)

And Darren: the point was, to give you the viewer a lot of dramatic turns.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• MightyMouse 20 Jan 2013 03:29:33 1,127 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Must admit I was more than a little emotional multiple times during the last episode. Goodbye, Fringe, you were wonderful.
  • nickthegun 20 Jan 2013 09:31:05 58,907 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    Oh and what was little ' please someone put Astrid's beanie on his bald freckled head' Michael's gesture all about?

The finger to lips shhh gesture.

And why did he let himself get captured/walk off the metro?

Anyone?
    The finger to the lips thing was just 'be quiet and let it happen'. Both times he did it, a problem was solved without her doing anything.

As for him getting off the train, I just assumed, as had been established in the last few episodes, the observers are clever enough to assess probabilities to the point that they can see into the future. He saw the train was going to be searched so worked out that by getting off, he others would escape and rescue him later. Hence the knowing smile to olivia.

Edited by nickthegun at 09:31:47 20-01-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• TOOTR 20 Jan 2013 14:59:10 9,498 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks Nick of the clan of gun.

I guess I can buy the second explanation for wandering Michael.

But the second time he did the fingers lips thing, far from her 'doing nothing' was after she'd absorbed all the power for miles of city blocks and channeled it into crushing the Observer version of Agent smith in The Matrix between two cars.

BTW - did anyone else think it would have been cooler and more just if she had channeled all that power into shooting the 'lucky bullet' straight through his head with such speed and ferocity that he had no time to block it?

I don't know - I guess the last few seasons of Fringe entered recent Dr Who kind of territory where overanalysing it is pointless. Just enjoy the manic frolicking about. But geeky habits die hard :)

On that - I did chuckle at Peter's throw away exposition line purely to placate the geeks I'm sure to 'The Dove'.... something like 'trust me you are glad this room is disconnected from the main building air supply' or something equally clunky :)

• Page

of 4 First / Last