S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series Is A Go Page 17

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• dylman 20 Nov 2013 23:35:54 276 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This week's episode was quite good again. It didn't really spoil Thor 2 at all (if anyone was worried about that), and I particularly enjoyed the Dollhouse reference at the end.
  • Ged42 22 Nov 2013 21:12:05 7,701 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decent enough, wondered if they were going to something to link into Thor 2. Nice seeing Ward showing an emotion, even if it Hulk rage.

The reference at the end raised a smile, though they need to hurry with revealing the Tahitian magic it's getting old.
  • IMO 22 Nov 2013 22:24:05 5,582 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What was the Dollhouse reference?
  • Ged42 22 Nov 2013 22:35:02 7,701 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's the bit where Coulson says, "Did I fall asleep?" and the masseuse responds, "for a little while."

Repeating the lines spoken by the Dolls and their supervisors when they had the implanted memories removed.

Sorry, the spoiler tag on the mobile app completely failed me there, fixed now.

Edited by Ged42 at 22:48:50 22-11-2013
  • spamdangled 22 Nov 2013 22:35:27 27,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It the latest episode filled with big spoilers about Thor 2? Haven't seen it yet...

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 22 Nov 2013 22:36:06 27,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ged42 Argh! SPOILER THAT SHIT!!!!!

(please)

Edited by darkmorgado at 22:41:22 22-11-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• DFawkes 22 Nov 2013 22:39:31 22,602 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd say zero spoilers. Stuff happening in London in Thor 2. That's about all you'll get.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• spamdangled 22 Nov 2013 22:40:29 27,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers Fawksie.

Off-topic: You done your evaluation of the last Diplomacy turn yet?

Edited by darkmorgado at 22:41:35 22-11-2013

• DFawkes 22 Nov 2013 22:42:49 22,602 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep. Still difficult without knowing what's really going on in the meeting rooms, but stuff is definitely occurring.

I still enjoy SHIELD, but even I'm getting fed up of this Coulson stuff. Just do the reveal. Stop hinting, start doing.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• spamdangled 22 Nov 2013 22:44:26 27,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I read they're threading it through the whole season as part of the main story arc...

My bet is firmly on Life Model Decoy. Many others over on the CBR boards think the same thing too, due to the Iron Man 3 reference to them, which would place them as existing in the film universe.

Edited by darkmorgado at 22:45:16 22-11-2013

• TarickStonefire 23 Nov 2013 08:50:41 2,900 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Yep. Still difficult without knowing what's really going on in the meeting rooms, but stuff is definitely occurring.

I still enjoy SHIELD, but even I'm getting fed up of this Coulson stuff. Just do the reveal. Stop hinting, start doing.
    I was bored of it after 4 episodes. I've stopped watching now, it's that bad. I'll tune back in if I ever see a swell of folk in this thread all saying something along the lines of "wow! The last few episodes of this have been fantastic fun! Amazing that they managed to turn it around so completely, it was such a drag when it first started."

So, never, in all likelihood? ;)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 23 Nov 2013 08:53:39 2,900 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I read they're threading it through the whole season as part of the main story arc...

My bet is firmly on Life Model Decoy. Many others over on the CBR boards think the same thing too, due to the Iron Man 3 reference to them, which would place them as existing in the film universe.
    I read that they weren't going to do that sort of tedious 'stretch a single, vaguely tantalising mystery through the entire season while nothing else happens' shit with this show, it was one of the things they were proudest of in their plan for the show. So if they do indeed drag this out for the entire first season, I'm definitely better off out of it completely.

• YenRug 27 Nov 2013 00:06:34 2,017 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A Facebook friend (she's a cosplayer) had an interesting re-tweet this morning:

https://twitter.com/clarkgregg/status/405370575415017472

Edited by YenRug at 00:08:39 27-11-2013
  • Kostabi 27 Nov 2013 21:18:13 4,877 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else think episode 9 was poor?

Aside from being set in the Marvel universe (which it doesn't even exploit in any real way) it has no unique draw at all.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Nov 2013 22:54:43 6,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've stopped watching. It's not aggressively terrible, it's just boring. Which, in a way, is worse - if it was super bad, I could at least derive some entertainment from drinking games and whatnot. See: the Dexter drinking game, where you take a swig whenever his narration mentions the bleeding obvious. Or when Deb says 'fuck' (only if you're up for heavy drinking).

But this... yeah, I don't really care about anything in it. It doesn't use marvel properties in any interesting way, and the characters have been pretty bland.

I was willing to give it a good chance (and I have), but it hasn't really improved. I might start watching again if it does.
  • President_Weasel 27 Nov 2013 23:38:42 8,976 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I've stopped watching. It's not aggressively terrible, it's just boring. Which, in a way, is worse - if it was super bad, I could at least derive some entertainment from drinking games and whatnot. See: the Dexter drinking game, where you take a swig whenever his narration mentions the bleeding obvious. Or when Deb says 'fuck' (only if you're up for heavy drinking).

But this... yeah, I don't really care about anything in it. It doesn't use marvel properties in any interesting way, and the characters have been pretty bland.

I was willing to give it a good chance (and I have), but it hasn't really improved. I might start watching again if it does.
    I gave it several chances, and I agree: it's not good, it's not bad, it's just... there.

Coulson's all right in in (Clark Gregg?) but not enough of a presence to carry the show. Every single other character is generic and one-dimensional - I can't even bring myself to love the geeks. The feisty reporter security risk one is almost like a hole in the show, she's got so little presence. It's also wierd in that she looks like she should be attractive but I just don't feel, y'know, feels. (I do rather like the English geek girl, although I suspect I am old enough to be her actual father and part of me wants to protect her from wolves rather than carry her away to my lair on skullcrusher mountain).
    Generic secret agent man is dull, and still super-generic after however many episodes.
    Competent but emotionally closed off asian lady still doesn't do anything for me.
    The two geeks should be a lot more charming than they are, possibly because the show is trying too hard to make them charming and I can see the wires.
    Internet reporter girl is dull dull dullity dull.

Also I don't really care about the big "Coulson died for real and this one is a clone or a duplicate or the gods brought him back to life or whatever" secret that they have been oh so laboriously foreshadowing.

Shame, really. I actually tried to like it, but when I found myself actively trying to like a show I realised that I could just watch trashy TV that I genuinely enjoyed instead, like Person of Interest.
  • Shikasama 27 Nov 2013 23:44:02 6,620 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I still find it thoroughly entertaining. It isn't hard hitting TV or intense drama but it was never really expected to be.

Well worth my 50 minutes a week.

I imagine the Netflix series will be a bit more what people wanted from Agents of Shield.
  • Shikasama 27 Nov 2013 23:45:43 6,620 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    Anyone else think episode 9 was poor?

Aside from being set in the Marvel universe (which it doesn't even exploit in any real way) it has no unique draw at all.
    http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shield-season-1-episode-9-repair-review/

Those fellas disagree and they have been harshing on the show for a while.
  • TarickStonefire 28 Nov 2013 08:59:39 2,900 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I still find it thoroughly entertaining. It isn't hard hitting TV or intense drama but it was never really expected to be.

I imagine the Netflix series will be a bit more what people wanted from Agents of Shield.
    What Netflix series?

Arrow is a better hero-related show than this. Human Target is better. Person Of Interest is better. There's just so many better 'trashy' shows than this. As others have said, this is just boring. If people find it entertaining, I can only imagine their brain-based pleasure centres would *explode* were anyone to show the above three shows to them.

• nickthegun 28 Nov 2013 09:04:27 58,804 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Person of Interest is not trashy, blud.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Shikasama 28 Nov 2013 09:06:10 6,620 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:

What Netflix series?

Arrow is a better hero-related show than this. Human Target is better. Person Of Interest is better. There's just so many better 'trashy' shows than this. As others have said, this is just boring. If people find it entertaining, I can only imagine their brain-based pleasure centres would *explode* were anyone to show the above three shows to them.
    The Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Drew and Daredevils series Netflix are developing. They won't be as constrained by having to fit into the Marvel Disney brand as much I imagine, as Netflix is a subscription service.

I think Arrow is pretty shite, overly 'gritty' teenage angst driven Twilight-esque crap.
  • YenRug 13 Dec 2013 22:48:10 2,017 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
  • Deleted user 14 December 2013 10:23:29
    It's been a mildly diverting series but, despite the "cliffhanger" ending last night, I can't help but feel I really don't care any more.

I'd watch a second series but I won't be holding my breathe until then in anticipation.
  • Darth_Flibble 14 Dec 2013 10:51:56 1,622 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Arrow is shit, seen the first season and didn't get the positive comments
  • TOOTR 14 Dec 2013 17:03:12 9,498 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's really getting hard to care tis true.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Kostabi 14 Dec 2013 17:07:20 4,877 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Arrow is shit, seen the first season and didn't get the positive comments
    The second season is (so far) much better as a lot of the angst has been toned down by quite a large degree.
  • YenRug 7 Jan 2014 13:42:28 2,017 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s227/agents-of-shield/news/a541994/agents-of-shield-star-on-coulson-reveal-its-completely-satisfying.html

Agents of SHIELD star on Coulson reveal: 'It's completely satisfying'
    By Morgan Jeffery
    Tuesday, Jan 7 2014, 10:14 GMT

Clark Gregg has promised that the truth behind Coulson's resurrection on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is "completely satisfying".

The character of Coulson was seemingly killed in 2012 film The Avengers but later mysteriously returned to life, with tonight's episode 'The Magical Place' set to reveal the truth behind his revival.

"When I read the script, I was blown away because it's completely satisfying to me," Gregg told TV Guide. "It's not a tease, it's: here's what happened!

"Is he a robot? How did they bring him back? Is he some kind of Life Model Decoy, as all the Marvel fans think? Is he the Vision? There's all these theories."

Gregg added that while 'The Magical Place' will reveal Coulson's secret, the episode also "opens up [more] questions".

"[The writers have] really set the direction for the back end of the season and the future of the series," he said. "I was very, very impressed with what they delivered here."

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD returns to ABC tonight (January 7) at 8/7c and airs on Channel 4 in the UK.
  • MatMan562 7 Jan 2014 14:53:12 2,313 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Crap, completely forgot about this! The last episode I watched was the one that ended with the exchange on the bridge and then an explosion or something like that. Has there been anymore since?

For what it's worth, I like the series but it could definitely be a lot better.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Buztafen 7 Jan 2014 14:54:29 16,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Episode 11, the one after the bridge one is airing tonight in Yanksville and Sunday in UK on E4.
  • glo 7 Jan 2014 14:59:26 3,422 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Buztafen wrote:
    Episode 11, the one after the bridge one is airing tonight in Yanksville and Sunday in UK on E4.
    Not according to sky's programme guide it isn't. AFAIK, it's not showing on uk tv til February.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last