S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series Is A Go Page 13

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• spamdangled 13 Oct 2013 23:06:59 27,355 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, Maria Hill is pretty big in the MU.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• GuiltySpark 13 Oct 2013 23:12:54 6,383 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know who she is. It doesn't make her film/TV appearance any less bland. What exactly is there to like about her? There's absolutely nothing to her character.

Definitely hot though.

Get bent.

• varsas 14 Oct 2013 06:52:02 2,401 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes she's a counter point to Fury: she's very strict and by the book while he is not; she was interesting due to that relationship and seeing her evolve. In the film we see that too, in television we've not seen enough of her yet to judge imo.
  • munki83 14 Oct 2013 12:31:50 1,423 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought this weeks episode of Sexy Agents was the best to date but still a lot of issues. I'm not a fan of how they made a super villain. I know its a comic book film but the film versions haven't resorted to the cheap comic book villain creation tool of man + mystery gloop = superhero/villain. I was hoping that they would work in Dr Doom into the series which would allow the series to link up to a new fantastic 4 film, even though the recent ones were gash
  • nickthegun 14 Oct 2013 12:34:44 59,855 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought it was much better this week. It felt like it had a bit of purpose and, thankfully, didnt feel cheap.

hacker girl is still hugely annoying, but hey... every show has to have a spunky yet vulnerable woman mouthing off all the time.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Buztafen 14 Oct 2013 12:45:23 16,227 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Better episode yeah, liked the gravity bending action scene with Colson. Hacker girl wasn't quite as annoying but that might have been because the 'oops i jumped into a swimming pool, oh noes i'm all wet now!' scene helped.

Didnt mind the superbad creation, very comic booky which is kinda the point.
  • Shikasama 14 Oct 2013 12:45:28 6,827 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    munki83 wrote:
    I thought this weeks episode of Sexy Agents was the best to date but still a lot of issues. I'm not a fan of how they made a super villain. I know its a comic book film but the film versions haven't resorted to the cheap comic book villain creation tool of man + mystery gloop = superhero/villain. I was hoping that they would work in Dr Doom into the series which would allow the series to link up to a new fantastic 4 film, even though the recent ones were gash
    F4 reboot is licensed to FOX so you won't be seeing any of that.

Also they've had magic alien, radiation lab accident, super-rich genus and magic serum in the films. I love them but magic gloop isn't a particularly far stretch.
  • Load_2.0 14 Oct 2013 12:51:08 19,248 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought it was pants, remonded me of the 90's tv shows that I enjoyed as a yoof, just a canter towards the weeks bad guy being caught.

Same issue I had with the Avengers movie, very little sense of peril.
  • Load_2.0 14 Oct 2013 12:51:26 19,248 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes, remonded.
  • Deckard1 14 Oct 2013 12:54:06 27,981 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Avengers movie was like King Lear compared to this pish
  • Deckard1 14 Oct 2013 12:55:44 27,981 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Romonded you say

• YenRug 14 Oct 2013 13:03:16 2,175 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago

• mingster 14 Oct 2013 13:24:19 3,270 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    O no he's based in Malta.
    We can't do anything to stop him now.
    Load of ass.
  • YenRug 18 Oct 2013 15:11:07 2,175 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Latest ep (aka tonight's, if you're in the UK) was definitely better, got the balance right on the humour/action/interactions; actually filmed in Sweden for parts of it, so a step up on most US shows, I think producers are finally recognising their shows have international viewers now and just dressing up a street in Montreal isn't good enough.

Wait and see what everyone else makes of it, but I think that it's starting to gel.

Oh, and yet another, "What's happened to Coulson?" moment. They're going to have to reveal this sooner rather than later; it's blatantly obvious to the other characters that something is going, if they just sit on it it will be stupidity of the highest order.
  • Grax 18 Oct 2013 15:14:56 2,224 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    blatantly a clone, its not like the MU doesnt have clones (peter parker - can never remember if he is the real one)
  • Whizzo 18 Oct 2013 15:37:56 43,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The episode that will be on C4 tonight is certainly the best of them so far, it does have some serious problems though the bloke monitoring doesn't notice that not only is it a bloke but obviously matey wearing the glasses never once looked at his WHITE hands either. Also saying the bloke is using archaic terms like Burma doesn't make any sense, the UK doesn't use Myanmar for the country's name.

The show really needs someone to go through the scripts and sort them out, some of the writing is so sloppy it would shame a cheapie SyFy channel show.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Mr-Brett 18 Oct 2013 15:50:33 12,785 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    ... some of the writing is so sloppy it would shame a cheapie SyFy channel show.
    Not possible, SyFy has no shame.

Portable view - Never forget.

• YenRug 18 Oct 2013 15:52:11 2,175 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Whizzo The point of using Burma was an indication of the age of the person monitoring, all of the current media stories talk about Myanmar and then may mention "formerly known as Burma", I know I think of it as Burma. The idea was, despite this being a highly advanced piece of tech being used, it wasn't some whiz-kid controlling it; the clues in what was typed indicated it was someone older and probably British.

I don't know how young you'd have to be, to think of it as Myanmar, I'm not sure when I heard it being called that on the news but I know I never used to pick up on the name until they would say "formerly known as...".
  • Whizzo 18 Oct 2013 16:16:02 43,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    @Whizzo The point of using Burma was an indication of the age of the person monitoring, all of the current media stories talk about Myanmar and then may mention "formerly known as Burma"
    Not in the UK, it's always the other way around, if the M name gets mentioned at all.

• Grax 18 Oct 2013 16:19:25 2,224 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    i thought it was because a lot of people dont even know what M is.

I know B but never heard of M
  • Shikasama 18 Oct 2013 16:20:53 6,827 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    Oh, and yet another, "What's happened to Coulson?" moment. They're going to have to reveal this sooner rather than later; it's blatantly obvious to the other characters that something is going, if they just sit on it it will be stupidity of the highest order.
    If they had sorted it by now you'd be complaining that they didn't keep the storyline going and rushed it.
  • oceanmotion 18 Oct 2013 16:31:43 15,917 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They need to gag the cast. There is no need for them to chime in every bloody second with some vomit fact. Less is more. Could be they are just annoying and wish they would shut up. The plane flying is a bit Saturday morning cartoon. Latest episode was better, I was so close to dumping it but might hang about for another one or two.
  • YenRug 18 Oct 2013 16:38:58 2,175 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Whizzo I am British, the point I'm making is that whenever I catch the news talking about it they refer to it as Myanmar; it's kind of like how we used to talk about Peking, but now it's Beijing, for the capitol of China. My only problem is when that happened.
  • Shikasama 18 Oct 2013 16:40:08 6,827 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I liked the way they played on the 'is she superpowered? is she not?' angle, I thought that was done really well.

The show is definitley picking up. About now is when we will start to see any changes resulting from feedback from the first few episodes and I'm finding the show entertaining so far so I'm looking forward to it.
  • YenRug 18 Oct 2013 16:45:35 2,175 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    If they had sorted it by now you'd be complaining that they didn't keep the storyline going and rushed it.
    You're misunderstanding me, I don't want them to rush it, it's that it's been brought up in pretty much every episode in some way and, when you see how it's handled in this latest ep, it's becoming very obvious that they're pushing to have the characters in the show actively investigate what's happened. These people are meant to be SHIELD's top investigative team, if they fail to pick up on something as blatant as this then the writers are treating the characters as idiots.
  • Whizzo 18 Oct 2013 16:49:34 43,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    @Whizzo I am British, the point I'm making is that whenever I catch the news talking about it they refer to it as Myanmar; it's kind of like how we used to talk about Peking, but now it's Beijing, for the capitol of China. My only problem is when that happened.
    Don't know which news you're watching because Burma is always the preference and that's what the UK government calls it too.

It's in no way an archaic term, however this is a show that somehow thinks Malta is some rogue state so it's highly likely the writers are basically fucking clueless.

Edited by Whizzo at 16:50:45 18-10-2013

• Mr-Brett 18 Oct 2013 16:51:04 12,785 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The UK media always uses Burma.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Scimarad 18 Oct 2013 22:08:42 8,546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That was much more like it. I've enjoyed the series more than most of the moaning gits in here but I've thought it was pretty bland overall. The latest episode was exactly what I thought they should have been doing all along and I hope they continue in this vein.

Probably back to bland next week...
  • dylman 18 Oct 2013 22:30:22 277 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The show is definitely finding it's feet, I'm glad I stuck with it.
  • Shikasama 18 Oct 2013 23:19:29 6,827 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    It's in no way an archaic term, however this is a show that somehow thinks Malta is some rogue state so it's highly likely the writers are basically fucking clueless.
    Or, you know, set in a fictional universe.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last