State of Decay (Class 3) by Undead Labs Page 28

• Page

of 34 First / Last

• sanctusmortis 17 Jun 2013 16:37:00 9,627 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, the emote system could be used to say "follow me", "pick that up", etc.
  • tincanrocket 17 Jun 2013 16:50:49 2,905 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I started a new game last night, thinking that the patch was live (alas, still getting infestation issues), but I stumbled across a simple approach to helping out on the scavenging side of things - basically I didn't go to the church with Ed and Maya until I had scouted all of the buildings in the first area - made it pretty easy going with two sidekicks, so I should be able to boot up later and make my way from house to house picking up the goodies, so long as I can get that pickup truck trick to work.
  • Benno 18 Jun 2013 09:19:33 9,784 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They have announced the PC version now

Also:

"The XBLA version will continue to evolve over time as well. "For a start," said Undead Labs, "I can tell you we're working on a sandbox mode designed to be a pure survival simulation.""

That sounds good

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• Deleted user 18 June 2013 09:25:38
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 18 June 2013 09:25:48
    They really need to address some of the issues in this game. When ever I'm driving, a model will just randomly pop up out of no-where. I crashed into one yesterday dispite it not even being visible.
  • Zizoo 19 Jun 2013 10:04:41 8,113 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This was posted yesterday:

TU status update

Hola survivors,

Yesterday I posted a status update explaining what we knew about the Title Update situation.

Today I'm happy (and crazy relieved) to tell you that we've identified and fixed the problem, and have delivered a new Title Update package, including all fixes originally planned for Title Update 1 (TU1) and Title Update 2 (TU2), to Microsoft for validation and certification.

They'll need a day or two to hammer on it before officially submitting it to certification, and then it will be in formal certification for a few days after that. I should be able to give you some idea of timeframe tomorrow. For now, rest assured that the Title Update has begun its official journey from the Lab to your Xbox.

Thanks again for your patience. We can't wait to get these updates into your hands and then move on to what's next.

Like Australia, dammit. And PC. Yeah, Steam. And straight-up sandbox...

Jeff

Looks like next week at the earliest?

Any idea what exactly sand-box mode will entail? I thought that's what we have already? :redface:

I'm starting over once the update has been confirmed as working.
  • tincanrocket 19 Jun 2013 10:19:16 2,905 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sandbox will presumably be dynamically-generated missions only with none of the story missions? Hopefully they can include stuff like being able to set up base in new areas, and that kind of thing.
  • Zizoo 19 Jun 2013 10:21:59 8,113 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    and unlimited resources perhaps? I could get into that.
  • Whizzo 19 Jun 2013 10:23:14 43,035 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Had my first friendly die in front of me last night, was on a fairly standard "cheer the bastard up mission" at a nearby gas station. Normally nothing much happens but there was a fat bastard inside it and a fuckton of zeds. The character I played only just made it (still not got the death achievement, hurrah!), the person I was supposed to be cheering up didn't.

It was painful.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Whizzo 19 Jun 2013 10:24:53 43,035 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Late story spoilery question :

I've got the army guys into their base and also was with the Sarge when one of his men had to be put down but I've had no story missions since then. He said about getting lots of supplies together so is it wanting me to get to a certain level before the next mission kicks in or has it bugged on me?

• neilqpr 19 Jun 2013 10:28:54 2,832 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My hope for the sandbox survival is no story, some random survivor based missions. Finite resources, score judged by days survived.

Some might find that boring, I'd be all over it.
  • Zizoo 19 Jun 2013 10:30:18 8,113 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Me too :)
  • sanctusmortis 19 Jun 2013 10:34:13 9,627 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Late story spoilery question :

I've got the army guys into their base and also was with the Sarge when one of his men had to be put down but I've had no story missions since then. He said about getting lots of supplies together so is it wanting me to get to a certain level before the next mission kicks in or has it bugged on me?
    There's a few in-game days to pass before the next story mission with them, and there's a court one coming soon.
  • oldschoolsoviet 19 Jun 2013 10:34:21 5,457 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Whizzo

You'll need to relocate to the base there, in the rodeo/cattle market place, before the story will kick in again. Start looting as many Materials as you can, because a)there's hardly any up there and b)you'll need them !
  • Whizzo 19 Jun 2013 10:37:34 43,035 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah thanks for that, doh!

• TarickStonefire 19 Jun 2013 11:20:08 2,900 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well I'm trying to enjoy my restart but my camp dwindles every day. Was 11 a few days ago, down to 9 when I logged in yesterday, 7 by the end of the a couple of hours play and only one of those was my actual character dying.

Fucking infestations bug.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Zizoo 19 Jun 2013 11:23:25 8,113 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd stop and start again (if you can be bothered) when a working patch is out.
  • StaffyDog 23 Jun 2013 14:47:34 255 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Damit only on xbox, looks like the duster coming out!
  • fletch7100 23 Jun 2013 14:59:25 6,977 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://m.oxm.co.uk/56881/state-of-decay-title-update-2-will-release-next-week-read-the-full-changelog-here
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 23 Jun 2013 16:06:28 37,355 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmmm, I've played this for a few hours now and I'm still in two minds on whether or not I like it. I took Sam out for the first time, and got her torn to shreds then I've managed to move everyone into bigger digs and began to "feel" the game somewhat.

But I then I went to rescue a survivor with Ed, and stopped with him to clear an infestation, the house disappeared leaving only floating furniture and zeds followed by a hard lock after it and that's put me off again :(

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• StaffyDog 23 Jun 2013 16:53:49 255 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hmmm lets hope this is good enough to save my xbox from divorce. I'm downloading after switching on first time since feb, and microsoft are offering me 1 a month gold!
  • Zizoo 23 Jun 2013 16:59:11 8,113 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    http://m.oxm.co.uk/56881/state-of-decay-title-update-2-will-release-next-week-read-the-full-changelog-here
    Great stuff.

I think I'll sacrifice someone tonight on my current game for the cheeve and start a new game when the patch arrives.

Really missing this game. Sucks not being able to play due to no fault of my own, but what can ya do?
  • Baihu1983 23 Jun 2013 18:26:09 3,285 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    :confused:

One of my characters was near death when I quit my game last night and when I re started 2 characters were talking about her death.

Oh well I needed a reason to re start when the 2nd patch comes and I just got it.
  • oldschoolsoviet 23 Jun 2013 20:19:03 5,457 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Or just continue on ?

It's not a long game, and you'll get more out of it if you just play, regardless of what happens. I had a fairly easy time of it because of good fortune, but I'm hoping for a really bleak struggle next time......even if I'm heading straight for the police armoury before anything else. ;)
  • Baihu1983 23 Jun 2013 21:00:04 3,285 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I might have but Ive lost a few characters now due to the game deciding they should die. If I got killed while controlling them? That would be fine.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 23 Jun 2013 22:02:41 37,355 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Turned on the game this evening to find that 5 of my 11 survivors were "missing".

What a joke.

• PenguinJim 24 Jun 2013 07:31:02 5,758 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The idea that you can't be there all the time, constantly keeping an eye on everyone (because, hey, you have to sleep sometime) isn't something I dislike about this game. Coming back from a longer respite to find a couple of people dead, and there was nothing I could do about it... that adds to the oppressive, you're-not-superhuman aspect. I think that if I could have saved everyone, all the time, I'd be finding it far too easy. Real life isn't fair!

I'm reasonably bug-free so far, although my first casualty (Marcus! Poor Marcus!) dropped their bag on a porch... so naturally, coming to collect it meant I couldn't, because it was now UNDER the porch.

The fatties and ferals are deceptively tough, but I'm not having much problems with the armoureds or the poofters(?). I haven't *quite* figured out how to see if a melee weapon is good, or better than another melee weapon, other than the rough guide of taking it to a supply cache and seeing the buy/sell price. But that's laziness on my part - the instructions might be in the game somewhere, and I've just missed them.

For 1200 points, this is pretty good stuff, but at 1600 I expect proper after-sales support. I'm expecting a sandbox mode, and new features (like adding a backpack to a car so you can carry two, or bringing a small posse from your base, etc). They'd better deliver, or else... hmm... well, they've already got my money. But I'll think of something!
  • Mattuk123 24 Jun 2013 07:48:49 129 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They are already working on a sandbox mode which I'd imagine will be for free.
  • Whizzo 24 Jun 2013 09:06:35 43,035 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    As the main storyline has again come to halt for me, I'm already playing a sandbox mode, which is hopefully getting fixed by the update this week as I would like to complete the storyline.

Marcus finally died last night for me, after about 27+ hours, he was maxed out in every skill, must have killed more than 50% of the zeds that have died but a feral finally ended him. The fucker just would not go down and I didn't have anywhere to maneuver as it jumped me on house's small porch.

My first player character death and at present my only player character death. Having to use my lesser characters to make up the slack when my other two mostly trained up characters are resting increases the difficulty quite a bit.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Jun 2013 09:33:25 37,355 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's a bug in relation to my house. When I have other survivors that must return home to complete the mission they get in through the front door, but stop in the lounge area. As in completely stop moving, and I end up having to slide them to the trigger point for the mission to end.

Every. Bloody. Time.

• Page

of 34 First / Last