State of Decay (Class 3) by Undead Labs Page 26

• Page

of 34 First / Last

• Baihu1983 15 Jun 2013 08:47:34 3,579 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The side story with that Alex girl...

Does it always end with her death or do you get something different if you don't tell the guy she used to be a whore?
  • TarickStonefire 15 Jun 2013 09:03:34 3,332 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    The side story with that Alex girl...

Does it always end with her death or do you get something different if you don't tell the guy she used to be a whore?
    I didn't tell him and she didn't die.

EDIT: But I gave up playing shortly after the bit where I told the guy he didn't need to know, so I don't know if there's an epilogue where she gets killed anyway.

But I doubt it.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 09:04:37 15-06-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• muttler 15 Jun 2013 10:11:13 4,231 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Unpopular opinion alert! I think this game is pretty good, but I can see myself getting bored before too long and I don't think it's worth 1600 msp.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 15 Jun 2013 10:16:57 26,357 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    YOU BASTARD
  • Mattuk123 15 Jun 2013 10:18:37 140 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Update 2 should be coming next week:

Here are the patch notes for Title Update 2 (TU2). TU2 is in final QA and we hope to deliver to certification early next week.

Please note this a draft list, and we may add, remove, or change entries before certification.

Big changes here. We're excited to get this out!

Jeff

TU2 Patch Notes

Fixed rucksacks falling through floor and being unrecoverable. Rucksacks are now moved to an easily accessible location within the same building.
    You can now manufacture homemade painkillers in the Medical Lab.
    Stockpiles that are over the maximum storage provided by your current Facilities (the "cap") will no longer drain while you are not playing. Instead, stockpiles that exceed the cap will drain every five minutes of play at the following rate: 2 if you're 100% over, 1.5 if you're 50% over, and 1 if you're 15% over.
    Improved awareness of stockpiles that are over the cap. The Assets page now displays both the current amount and cap for each stockpile. Stockpile amounts that are over the cap will be displayed in yellow, both in the Assets page and the Home Status panel.
    Influence in excess of Fame no longer drains while you are not playing, and the rate of drain during play is reduced from 6 per minute to 2 per minute.
    The rate at which stockpiles are consumed no longer factors in the number of missions played during the current day. It was causing stockpile consumption to be too high.
    Fixed a bug that caused some characters to be given 100 ammo.
    The "Too many infestations!" to-do item is now properly cleared if you relocate your Home to a site with fewer than two infestations within 500m.
    Fixed several areas on the map where the player can get stuck.
    Fixed several pockets of deep water.
    Fixed a bug that could cause unexpectedly large numbers of zombies to spawn near the Mt. Tanner cabins.
    Fixed a bug that caused games with large communities to fail to load.
    Fixed a bug that allowed players to get stuck in the abandoned farm house north of Marshall.
    Removed several sections of fencing around warehouse near fairgrounds to improve navigation for missions in the area.
    Made it easier to navigate fairgrounds in vehicles.
    Adjusted draw distance of dynamically generated vehicles to match pre-placed vehicles.
    Fixed a bug that caused character to become stuck in a falling state when dropping from a ladder into a group of zombies.
    Fixed a bug that prevented weapon durability from being reduced by certain combat moves.
    Made it easier to execute "Double Kill" move.
    Fixed a bug that caused a Feral zombie to react incorrectly if you dodged while he was leaping.
    Fixed a bug that briefly displayed debug text in the main menu after selecting a storage device.
    Made major adjustments to Facility action times to make Facilities more useful during the current play session:
    Globally changed Want delays from 1 real-time day to 4 real-time hours.
    Duration of Fitness Regimen, Combat Training, Big Meal, Feast, and Firearms Practice changed from 3 real-time days to 2 game-time hours (where "game time" means time playing the game, not counting time that elapses while you are paused or logged out) so you get the full benefit of the bonus while you are actually playing the game.
    Cooldown on Big Meal and Feast changed from 22 real-time hours to 3 game-time hours. This means your community is "full" for 1 game-time hour after the effects of Big Meal and Feast wear off before the Facility actions can be used again.
    Trade Opportunity action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
    Train Outsiders action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
    Preservation Attempt action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
    Create Biodiesel action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
    All Library research actions changed from 2 real-time days to 4 real-time hours.

You now receive a stockpile bonus upon claiming a new Home site. Each site comes with a specific number of stockpiles, based on the size and number of Facility sockets in the site.
    Fixed a pathing bug that caused zombies to get stuck in the floor during a "Besieged" mission.
    Add "Stick Sensitivity" option.
    Repair saved games affected by a bug fixed in TU1 that could cause Lily to be killed by the simulation.
    Characters selected for Mercy Shot mission can no longer recover from their injuries.
    Mercy Shot missions can no longer select playable characters.
    Moved "Horde Alerted!" banner higher on the screen and reduced size to avoid interfering with driving.
    If you move your Home site when a Trade Opportunity mission opportunity is active, the mission opportunity now relocates to the new Home site.
    Lily no longer reminds you to come to the final mission site. It was annoying during sandbox play after winning final mission.
    Edged weapons are now effective against Feral zombies.
    Fixed bug relating to Juggernaut reactions to incendiaries.
    Fixed bug that allowed simulation events to affect NPCs that were not in your community.
    Searching for materials with the radio is now more reliable.
    Fixed bug causing stimulants to have permanent effect. Stimulants such as coffee and energy drinks now properly wear off over time.
    It is no longer possible to establish an Outpost or relocate your Home while on a mission.
    Improvements to audio volume mixing.
    Improvements to music track selection.

http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?23116-Title-Update-2-Patch-Notes
  • Ziz0u 15 Jun 2013 10:20:42 8,588 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Awesome.

Can anyone with the too many infestations bug confirm that the patch fixed it?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 15 Jun 2013 10:34:33 26,357 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has the first patch been released then?
  • Mattuk123 15 Jun 2013 10:39:02 140 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Has the first patch been released then?
    Yeah, not tried it out myself.
  • Baihu1983 15 Jun 2013 10:57:50 3,579 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Since the patch Ive had 0 infestation messages.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 15 Jun 2013 11:00:18 26,357 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Excellent news. I shall right back in amongst it!
  • Baihu1983 15 Jun 2013 11:02:08 3,579 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh shit! One of my non playable group got put down while I was out exploring because he had a cough! :lol:
  • fletch7100 15 Jun 2013 11:03:35 7,441 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Since the patch Ive had 0 infestation messages.
    Had a break of 5 days, played it this morning after the installing patch, found out 3 people killed off, 3 missing and no food since I have been away. Got infestation warning 30 seconds after leaving the church :)

Edited by fletch7100 at 11:04:20 15-06-2013

Edited by fletch7100 at 11:04:53 15-06-2013
  • spindle9988 15 Jun 2013 11:30:43 3,660 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm restarting now the patch is out
  • Baihu1983 15 Jun 2013 11:37:50 3,579 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Going to finish my current game before starting a new game once the 2nd patch comes out.
  • spindle9988 15 Jun 2013 21:52:23 3,660 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has anybody tested the car repairs since the update yet? I don't have a mechanic so can't check
  • Ziz0u 15 Jun 2013 22:40:55 8,588 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Coming back to this after 5 days and besides one dead neighbor, it's all good.
  • Whizzo 15 Jun 2013 23:20:10 43,271 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Has anybody tested the car repairs since the update yet? I don't have a mechanic so can't check
    I don't have a mechanic either but cars are getting fixed, I had two smokers parked up and they were fine the next game morning.

I then proceeded to take a short cut which didn't quite work out and put one of the nicely repaired cars upside down. :-(

The driver then had to run a fair distance, with no remaining healing or stamina products while being attacked by a bloater and a feral at the same time! She managed to find one of my earlier abandoned cars to drive away in with her health flashing. :-O

I notice the special zombies seem to be cropping up a bit more frequently now, the first thing that happened post-patch was Marcus getting pounced on by a feral about 10 feet away from home base.

Edited by Whizzo at 23:21:03 15-06-2013

This space left intentionally blank.

• Ziz0u 16 Jun 2013 01:50:01 8,588 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I spoke too soon. I still have too many infestations. I cleared out about 5, but I can't find any more.

I've moved to the warehouse in the meantime, but I already had someone missing when I stopped playing. Don't expect to see them again.
  • sanctusmortis 16 Jun 2013 14:01:21 9,707 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had a LOT of infestation notices post-patch at the warehouse.

400/400 \o/ the Rodeo's key to getting it. There's a land use that's standard there that I just never came across anywhere else: dining area. When you get the fairground open, climb the ferris wheel to scan the area, so you have the enclave and the home site. 12 people and 60 materials, well worth it. TONS of parking and many build spots.
  • TarickStonefire 16 Jun 2013 14:30:03 3,332 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Restarted now patch is out, happy with my decision, now I'm able to appreciate the game instead of spending the first few hours trying to work it out and fearing that coming close to a zombie equals death, which at the beginning it totally doesn't.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 14:30:30 16-06-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Deleted user 16 June 2013 15:05:09
    The patch seems to have screwed up my game a little. There are no infestations, yet it keeps saying there is and giving me - 5.
  • Whizzo 16 Jun 2013 15:42:07 43,271 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just because you don't see an infestation on your map doesn't necessarily mean there's no infestations, go have a survey and you may find one you knew nothing about.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 16 June 2013 15:50:37
    Whizzo wrote:
    Just because you don't see an infestation on your map doesn't necessarily mean there's no infestations, go have a survey and you may find one you knew nothing about.
    Doh! Didn't know that. I just checked and found one...right next door from where I'm staying...
  • Baihu1983 16 Jun 2013 15:58:27 3,579 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah you need to either travel near by the infestation for it to show up or scout from up high to find them.
  • Deleted user 16 June 2013 16:48:53
    Hmm, okay. I've cleared that one and it still says infestation around. Must be another one somewhere...
  • Baihu1983 16 Jun 2013 16:59:00 3,579 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Try and find a scouting spot up high.

I found about 5 in the area near the court house.
  • Ziz0u 16 Jun 2013 18:45:39 8,588 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I need to clear the ones not close to my base now to have it work the way it should post-patch?
  • Baihu1983 16 Jun 2013 19:04:10 3,579 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not sure. Have you fully checked the area around the base?
  • Deleted user 16 June 2013 19:09:01
    No luck. Looked everywhere, but I just can't find any of them.
  • Ziz0u 16 Jun 2013 19:27:57 8,588 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've checked everywhere near the church. I'm in the warehouse now so I'll hit all the vantage points before I do anything else.
  • Page

of 34 First / Last