Counter Strike: GO - Xbox Page 4

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Capn_Franky 24 Aug 2012 23:20:19 61 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Refund denied, here's the reason if anyone is interested;

We understand you are requesting a refund for a game that does not play smoothly.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to provide a refund at this time. All purchases on Xbox Live are final and non-refundable.

However, we have a recommendation to fix common issues with downloadable contents.

What we can suggest is to†follow the troubleshooting steps on how to resolve issues with connection speed or frequent disconnection found at: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/performance

You can also follow the troubleshooting steps "Canít join an online game or party, or find players for an online game" found on this link: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-games/game-play-errors

Thank you for visiting www.xbox.com and allowing us to assist you. Please be sure to check back often for new information and exciting news about upcoming products

Sincerely

Xbox Live Support Team
  • Capn_Franky 24 Aug 2012 23:47:33 61 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=tTKgeBzRHno

Not my video but the same issue, watch the first 10 seconds then skip to 2:00 mark, notice how in spectator the game is silky smooth, yet see the results of him trying to play.

I fail to see how a refund isn't acceptable here, they gave refunds for minecraft if people had SD TV's as they couldn't play split screen, here I clearly can't play multiplayer, a feature that I (and everyone else) purchased CS for.

Sorry for hijacking the forum with my issues, just trying to spread the word like Jebus and save some people from the hell of the games online.
  • griff_dai 25 Aug 2012 08:25:08 410 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WOW I haven't seen this much lag in a game sine the launch of COD2 and COD4.........

I love playing it offline with the BOTS hope they sort it out as it's a brilliant game....
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 11:48:58
    Playing this morning and the lag seems fine and more people seem to be playing classic competitive now.

Which is nice.
  • BryanAKADJ 25 Aug 2012 12:34:32 284 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Controls are a bit off for me as I'm a CoD/BF FPS person, but it seems very good, and I can get use to them after awhile. I wish more video games would have bots in them as I have the worst internet in the world, at least for the price of 50$ its horrible.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 25 Aug 2012 13:39:34 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I'm not a big fan of the new modes. I want to get used to and stick with the same gun. I quite like the fact that you can take a fair bit of punishment in the xbox version. Wonder why they decided to make it like this though, it almost feels like quake in this respect, mini duels.
  • BryanAKADJ 25 Aug 2012 14:21:24 284 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've run into some sort of error or something, I was just playing some CoD as I haven't in months, my connection was very good for once so I decided to try CS:GO and 3 times in a row I've tried joining a game and it would stop loading at about 80%, the game wouldn't freeze it would just stop loading, and I'm also watching someone stream on twitch and when I would load up the game the stream would stop at the same time, like my internet would flatout stop or freeze or something. :S

Anyone else run into this?

• Benno 25 Aug 2012 14:34:36 9,761 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BryanAKADJ wrote:
    Controls are a bit off for me as I'm a CoD/BF FPS person, but it seems very good, and I can get use to them after awhile.
    Its because there is no auto aim in this :)

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• damagedinc 25 Aug 2012 15:09:42 685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Via twitter counterstrikego.com have stated they are aware of lag issues on xbox and dev team are looking into it.
  • Spunkweazle 25 Aug 2012 15:17:31 470 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    not seeing any lag but i cant shoot, none of my buttons produce any kind of responce whilst playing online or off

http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/
    dedicated to supporting the children of men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces.

• Deleted user 25 August 2012 22:00:46
    Tried playing again just now.

Still an unplayable lagfest, won't be buying.
  • kadooosh 25 Aug 2012 22:47:19 1,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Spunkweazle wrote:
    not seeing any lag but i cant shoot, none of my buttons produce any kind of responce whilst playing online or off
    Press start and reset controls to default. I had to do it a few times
  • ammobox 26 Aug 2012 15:11:19 8 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is this game P2P or server based?
  • Mr-Brett 26 Aug 2012 15:34:23 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just used up the remainder of my trial period and I've changed my mind somewhat. I think I'd quite enjoy the game but the shooting on controller is just weird, I have no idea how some people are so good at it, it seems quite luck based.
    So I might pick this up on PC at some point but definitely not on xbox.

Portable view - Never forget.

• andytheadequate 26 Aug 2012 15:54:20 8,075 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Capn_Franky - that reply from me is just taking the piss. Horrible lag for a very twitch based, online only shooter is unforgiveable. Valve should be ashamed of themselves. Hopefully a patch will be released soon.

If anyone does fancy this, if you have a pc that can play it definitely get it on that. Controls are a bit awkward on the controller
  • graysonavich 26 Aug 2012 16:05:54 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    People seemed shocked. This shocks me.
  • graysonavich 26 Aug 2012 16:07:12 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
  • Mr-Brett 26 Aug 2012 16:19:55 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shocked about what? If you mean an fps with a janky leg-fest of a launch? That shouldn't really come as a surprise, every Battlefield game has been almost unplayable for the first week after release at least.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Deleted user 26 August 2012 17:23:47
    There are some ridiculously good shots online already. I can't hit shit today.
  • Bawsy74 26 Aug 2012 19:38:04 170 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A lot of people who are good at stuff like this play with a xim3 or similar...you'll never be as good with the pad.
  • Benno 26 Aug 2012 20:28:47 9,761 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played it last night for a couple of hours.

Didn't get any lag. I think this could be the best online shooter on consoles. Having a proper competitive game with no auto-aim or kill streaks is so refreshing.

People actually chat on it as well, reminds me of the older, more 'social' days of online console gaming. Will be playing this for a lonnnng time.

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• Deleted user 27 August 2012 13:09:56
    There is no one on my friends list playing this so if anyone fancies teaming up at some point let me know and I'll clear some space.
  • ammobox 27 Aug 2012 15:56:08 8 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bawsy74 wrote:
    A lot of people who are good at stuff like this play with a xim3 or similar...you'll never be as good with the pad.
    Is there any way to tell if someone playing with this?
  • damagedinc 27 Aug 2012 15:59:44 685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hows it doing on xbox? Getting any better?

May have to get it after i looked into costs of a new gaming pc haha.
  • AaronTurner 27 Aug 2012 16:35:04 7,591 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Disappointing to know there is a mouse and keyboard peripheral for Xbox. Personally I think something Microsoft got right was locking the console to pads only. I enjoy playing with a pad even with its deficiencies and don't want to come up against m&k pkayers, something that puts me off the ps3.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2012 17:42:37
    Bawsy74 wrote:
    What's an xim3?

I've just googled it. Hmm, well that's just not cricket is it?

Edited by AdamAsunder at 17:46:50 27-08-2012
  • AccidentProne 27 Aug 2012 18:12:39 1,152 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Xim3 is the main reason I can't be arsed with shooters on the 360 anymore.

I'm pretty woeful at shooters whatever the controller, but I asked a mate how he was doing so bloody well at BF3 and he told me he uses xim3. I now assume every time I get shot that it's down to them being a xim3 user and nothing to do with my slothlike reactions and massive lack of coordination...
  • dantanic 27 Aug 2012 19:33:38 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone else having trouble joining games with friends?
  • oceanmotion 27 Aug 2012 19:46:26 15,647 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hope MS destroys that Xim3. What a load of shit. I want to be crap on equal terms.
  • BryanAKADJ 27 Aug 2012 20:17:15 284 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have a horrible internet connection, but I'm enjoying playing with ze bots (On hard difficulty), I'm getting better, slowly.

• Page

of 6 First / Last