Fifa 13 Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 13:51:11 3,339 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Im quite curious how this has turned out. We know its going to be a previous FIFA re-skinned, but which one?.

If its basically FIFA 12 with new kits and rosters that would be quite impressive IMO.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• binky Moderator 2 Oct 2012 13:58:34 9,706 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave I'll know soon enough :)
  • fb77 2 Oct 2012 14:51:29 102 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    binky wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave I'll know soon enough :)
    It's identical to the old Vita version from what I can tell. I'd be very surprised if FIFA 13 on home console was as worryingly lightweight.

That's not to say it's bad, but I was expecting more in the way of changes, new modes, etc.

I'd be interested to hear another perspective.
  • Ziz0u 2 Oct 2012 14:55:36 8,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think this has been confirmed, but please humour me... is tactical defending in?
  • THFourteen 2 Oct 2012 15:18:50 33,857 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nope
  • Blaizefm 2 Oct 2012 19:02:26 232 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    Not sure sony will be that surprised, they fucked over the PSP versions of FIFA and EA don't seem to be in any hurry to change that on the vita.

I'm not joking when I say if you want to play a football game on the vita go buy PES2012 if you can look past the obvious shortcomings of it being a psp title it's a lot of fun. I suppose there's also football manager but I can't remember if that's on the store.
    Ahh, PES on the PSP. Loved it despite the horrendous churning of the UMD drive as it lurched into life before every game.

I returned my Vita to Amazon. A great bit of kit but it gave me massive migraines when playing.
  • binky Moderator 3 Oct 2012 08:43:41 9,706 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So I played 3 games last night, and in between each game I played a game of launchFIFA.

First off, yes it's the same engine as launchFIFA. No there isn't any tactical defending. Yes the features are as sparse as before. But for all of this, it does play a slightly better game. I'm not sure why that is, perhaps the fact it's a tad smoother in game. Not by a lot, not a lot at all, but enough to notice when playing side by side.

The important thing is, it does play a good game of football. It's fun and it's quite arcady (this is FIFA circa FIFA 10/11) and I'm fine with that. Is it as good as the new console versions? No, but for a game of footy on the move it's not bad at all.

Would I buy the new one if I already had the old one? Probably not.
    Would I buy the new one if it was a choice of either... Yeah, but not if there is a difference of 20-30 in price!
  • Neodog 3 Oct 2012 13:22:53 298 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I picked up a copy thanks to the ASDA deal and I am quite happy with it. The last version of Fifa I owned was last years 3DS effort, so I can see a lot of improvement from that. I think if you have have never played or owned the launch Fifa, then this is a great footie game. Sure it's not up to date with the console but it is still great fun.

So I started a Eurogamer Vita league called "Eurogamer Vita" Anyone going to own this long enough to join up? :)

http://www.twolittlegamers.co.uk

• dsmx 3 Oct 2012 14:05:04 7,650 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't justify it, I have last years and there's literally no reason for me to get this years and even then I'm still playing PES2012 because it's fun and the AI is capable of passing the ball and moving into decent positions without me telling them where to go.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• fb77 3 Oct 2012 18:31:49 102 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Neodog wrote:

So I started a Eurogamer Vita league called "Eurogamer Vita" Anyone going to own this long enough to join up? :)
    Can I play, please? I may be the gaming equivalent of QPR's current form though.

For reference, my PSN ID is FoxtrotBravo77.
  • TVoJ 3 Oct 2012 20:15:07 2,006 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone fancy joining me and a mate for some clubs? I hate playing with just 2 and the rest of the team are offline. I just add my 360 tag TVoJ and I'll invite you to party.
  • steveb07 4 Oct 2012 21:56:46 865 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So how come as of now you can buy this for 40 but 2012 is still 45 ?!
    I would buy the old one for 20 I'm sure many other would as well

PSN: IIIQuid

• dsmx 5 Oct 2012 00:21:01 7,650 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably because EA put so little effort into the vita version that they couldn't even be bothered to check the price of last years version.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Fydria 9 Oct 2012 12:57:53 561 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dsmx wrote:

I'm not joking when I say if you want to play a football game on the vita go buy PES2012 if you can look past the obvious shortcomings of it being a psp title it's a lot of fun. I suppose there's also football manager but I can't remember if that's on the store.
    This. PES2012 is my most played game on the Vita. Says alot really. But its pretty addictive once you get into a ML.
  • Popzeus 9 Oct 2012 13:35:01 8,362 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Neodog wrote:
    Me! PopzeusEG on PSN.

I'm loving this. I suspect I'd be loving it less had I bought Fifa Football at launch, but I didn't, so it's great for me. Haven't played a Fifa game this much in years.

The only feature the living room version has that I genuinely miss here is the Head-to-Head Leagues.

Not really sure how you'd implement the tactical defending on the Vita without resorting to touchscreen commands: not enough buttons, surely? Also I'm much better at defending in this than I was in Fifa 12 on the 360 so keep it how it is :D

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Malignant 9 Oct 2012 13:39:25 86 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I haven't bought a PSP version of PES since PES2008. Which incidentally I didn't like, as the defensive AI was awful and the AI would rather run round all my players (rather than pass it to a teammate). Thus I still play both PES5 and PES6 on the PSP instead.

Can anyone with PES2012 tell me whether it's possible to either play a World Cup or Euro qualifying campaign, which allows you to play against countries like San Marino and the Faroe Islands?

It's the only mode that still tempts me to play PES2008, but as soon as the defensive AI kicks in I get disheartened again.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated, as finding any online reviews for the newer PSP PES titles is impossible. :-(
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 13:57:37 7,650 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm well from what I can see there's exhibition, legends for adhoc multi, champions league, copa santander, master league, be a legend, world player (be any world player for a season), league, cup (up to 32 teams either knockout or group) and training.

But I'm not on it constantly so I've only been playing BAL mode, because it doesn't require a great deal of attention and it can be a lot of fun when the AI lets you. I also find a good way of finding out how good the AI actually is in a football game playing as 1 player, PES passed FIFA failed miserably.

It's not perfect but at least I'm having some fun in it with an AI that can pass the ball and create goal scoring opportunities which I gave up with hoping for on FIFA. I've never seen a football game before where the players could run about so much and yet do absolutely nothing of use.

• Malignant 9 Oct 2012 14:24:47 86 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wow, thanks for the quick response. :eek:

If there is a Euro Qualifying mode then it will be hidden in the Cup mode. If you start a cup competition and choose the Euro competition (for national teams) then it should also have an option called 'Qualifying' or 'Group Stage' which you can set to either 'Yes' or 'No'.

Then, when you reach the stage where you choose your national team, you should see lots of additional european national teams (which you won't be able to play as) to help fill out the groups.

I loved this mode in PES2008, as it meant I could re-create the real life qualifying groups.

By the way, I apologise profusely for derailing this thread. :redface:
  • Ziz0u 9 Oct 2012 14:27:11 8,495 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For someone who has played this and the console or PC version - how does the Career Mode compare?
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 14:28:27 7,650 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes I can confirm they are there.

• elhozzo 25 Jul 2013 16:40:06 315 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The online (Quick Ranked Head-To-Head) of this is great but frustrating...
    they doesn't seem to have the 'rage-quit' DNF stuff working properly...

last night, I went 2-0 up with 2 (game) mins to go ... opponent quit the connection (the second the second goal went in), and FIFA doesn't record anything in the stats.

Next game, I go 3-0 up in the last minute, and the game freezes (the second I score, so clearly the opponent did something with his connection) ... after 10 mins of frozen screen, I close the program. Going back in, its given a 3-0 victory to him, as apparently I rage-quited!!! Never had these issues with PS3, think EA did something to say, if the Vita is closed its a rage-quit, but if the modem is switched off, its not ....

I must have played double the games my stats show (over 100, but some reason didn't get the gold trophy for 100 online games... don't usually care about trophies, but have very few gold ones, so bit annoying not to receive it )

Its a lovely game of football on a handheld, and I keep going back to it, especially the online, but it annoys me there are some many people 'cheating' to get good stats (personally, I don't rage-quit), I've even seen network slow-down at certain times (oh, just when I am attacking...) so I guess there are 'jammers' at work

its a game folks ... enjoy it, but don't cheat to win/save stats, it ain't that important

wish I knew how to report (to EA) the users who do this. Think its an option somewhere (in Custom online, but I don't see it in Quick Ranked)

rant over ...

Edited by elhozzo at 16:41:23 25-07-2013

Edited by elhozzo at 22:02:43 25-07-2013
  • Deleted user 25 July 2013 20:45:49
    So.... Through all the negative feedback. Does this play a good game of footy? Is it worth picking up for 15. Itching for a football game
  • monkman76 25 Jul 2013 21:25:03 4,758 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cracking game imo, though if you can find Fifa Football for less you might as well get that, as they're practically the same game.
  • elhozzo 25 Jul 2013 22:05:54 315 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh its my favourite Vita game, put lots of hours into it ... it plays a good game, there are good options etc ... just depends where you are coming from ... if you expect console-quality, or you buy it full-price after already buying Fifa Football on Vita, you'll not be happy.

I got it for 'free' with a 11.99 3 month PS Plus purchase from Amazon. Having played it I would have happily paid 15-20 quid just for it ...
  • aros 26 Jul 2013 09:45:19 3,076 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aye for free it was well worth it.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next