Getting old... Page 4

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Deleted user 20 August 2012 21:52:48
    Eh? I'm the resident fatty and I only have a 38"waist.
  • mikew1985 21 Aug 2012 00:18:34 12,049 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Anyone who thinks that you suddenly "get fat" at 25 is obviously eating too much and not doing enough exercise.

I don't think anyone has said that at all.

If 1985 is when you were born, then we'll see how you feel about that statement some time between 2015-2020.  ;-)
    someone did say it earlier in the thread. I've no doubt it gets harder to shift weight at some point but it's not like you will suddenly balloon if you are living a healthy lifestyle.

Edited by mikew1985 at 00:19:07 21-08-2012
  • mikew1985 21 Aug 2012 00:22:24 12,049 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    To run around a field constanty for 90 minutes they wouldn't call it football, it would be a half marathon. Anyway sorry, yeah, my bad. The seasons started again hasn't it. That Carroll's a real athlete isn't he, fine specimen etc etc.
    I'm sure this doesn't warrant a response but what are you talking about?! Professional footballers are extremely highly conditioned, if you think otherwise you're simply wrong and ignorant.

Try playing a proper game of ball, see how long you last.
  • mal 21 Aug 2012 00:25:15 21,958 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Eh? I'm the resident fatty and I only have a 38"waist.
    I take it you aren't 6'10" tall though?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Deleted user 4 May 2013 14:11:30
    I've decided I'm losing it. When ever I get a chance to hit the town I take it as I can't as much any more. I've known that I could of gone out last night and tonight and yet just rented two DVDs to watch both evenings.
    Something is drastically wrong and slightly depressing.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 14:25:19
    Maybe you just enjoy watching a DVD more than going into town and are too old to continue convincing yourself otherwise?
  • beastmaster 4 May 2013 14:48:56 10,178 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh fuck. I decided to give the car a clean yesterday. Used the two bucket method. I then used resin polish and finished off using HD wax.

It looked lovely but my fucking back near the base of my spine has just stiffened up and I need to sit on a chair with a back on or just lie in bed.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Dirtbox 4 May 2013 14:54:22 76,334 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had the option of staying in and derping on the internet or going to a friend's house and blapping loads of class A's.

Turns out I'm still a kid at heart, but not body.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dirtbox 4 May 2013 15:01:57 76,334 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sharing is caring.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Khanivor 4 May 2013 15:07:23 39,884 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    39 with a three week old kid, 60 hour week of hard manual labor and off out to get fucked up and watch the Flaming Lips tonight.

It hurts and will hurt more tomorrow but if you want to be an old cunt that moans about being old then that's a choice you make, not one forced on you.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 15:17:17
    I wouldn't call it a choice. It's a feeling or mood and I feel I can't be bothered with a pack bar full of hammered people who think they are better than everyone else.
  • Spanky 4 May 2013 15:19:26 14,448 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Never knew you were dropping a spud Khanivor, congrats! XX or XY?

Plubs

• Deleted user 4 May 2013 15:20:38
    Grats on the sprog Khani!
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 15:31:18
    60 hours a week of hard labour, fuck that. The harder you work the worse your earlier decisions in life must have been.
  • Ironlungs76 4 May 2013 15:33:45 4,930 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    60 hours a week of hard labour, fuck that. The harder you work the worse your earlier decisions in life must have been.
    So by that logic the long-term unemployed have all made stellar career choices?
  • Ironlungs76 4 May 2013 15:35:21 4,930 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh, and I'm also feeling old today. Counting the clock until beer o'clock. It's not often I get a weekend free to spend as I please so beers ahoy come 6pm, at which point I'll feel 18 again (oh err)
  • webespresso 4 May 2013 15:35:44 89 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hard manual labourer who has nearly 40k posts on a gaming forum? o_O

I thought that was the preserve of desk jockeys with too much time on their hands,

Edited by webespresso at 15:36:45 04-05-2013
  • Khanivor 4 May 2013 15:36:15 39,884 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wee girl, called her Piper James, middle name was my dad's first. Name like that she ought to grow up quite the spunky one, I hope.

I'm doing the job I do because I want to. Wanted to try working for a living as opposed to being a part of a machine which collects a paycheck. Made plenty of daft choices when I was younger but if I wanted to sit Oman office hating life then I could.

Our it this way, probably the only hardwood flooring crew chief in the area with a masters degree :)
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 15:45:09
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Touche, you know what I meant. Most people who work non stop and work hard jobs are doing it through lack of opportunity perhaps through many previous life choices.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 4 May 2013 15:46:58 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Had the option of staying in and derping on the internet or going to a friend's house and blapping loads of class A's.

Turns out I'm still a kid at heart, but not body.
    I wouldn't know where to start looking for a drug dealer anymore.
  • Khanivor 4 May 2013 15:53:17 39,884 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Touche, you know what I meant. Most people who work non stop and work hard jobs are doing it through lack of opportunity perhaps through many previous life choices.
    Like doctors and lawyers?
  • Khanivor 4 May 2013 15:55:44 39,884 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @webespresso - I've only been doing this full time for about six months, started about a year ago. Before that I was sat ony ass in an office most of the time.

And I'm in the best shape I've ever been in my life. On thing about manual labor, you don't have to worry much about being an overweight fucker.
  • webespresso 4 May 2013 16:09:01 89 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    That stings man, even worse than being called the marshmallow man.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 16:11:25
    Lawyers and fully qualified doctors don't have to graft.
    Sure a NHS doctor in a&e etc can be put through long hours but once you have done all that you can specialize and/or go private and then you work normal hours + holidays in the Maldives etc.
    Also with long shift work you also get shed loads of time off, its nothing like a 60 hour manual labourer or lorry driver.
  • FWB 4 May 2013 16:16:21 41,951 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bollocks about the doctors. The only chance you get to chill is at the end of your career. Absolute rubbish that they don't work long weeks.
  • Khanivor 4 May 2013 16:17:20 39,884 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Talking with the cardiovascular surgeons who own this mansion we are working on the last they don't have 40 hour weeks. They work a lot more hours than we do. And we only have to worry about the floor on some $6 million dollar project, not anyone's life.

I think those who work hardest and longest tend to be at either end of the scale. There's not many employed rich people who don't work their fucking arses off.

Don't get me wrong. I don't intend to do this forever. Nor do I not often wish I worked less hours and at something that was less punishing. But there's a lot of job satisfaction, decent pay and we are working in a different place every few days, which beats the shit out of occupying the same chair for a decade.
  • Ironlungs76 4 May 2013 16:20:18 4,930 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    I've decided I'm losing it.
    In light of your comments on this page, I concur wholeheartedly.
  • thedaveeyres 4 May 2013 16:21:41 9,710 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Lawyers and fully qualified doctors don't have to graft.
    Sure a NHS doctor in a&e etc can be put through long hours but once you have done all that you can specialize and/or go private and then you work normal hours + holidays in the Maldives etc.
    Also with long shift work you also get shed loads of time off, its nothing like a 60 hour manual labourer or lorry driver.
    My missus is a GP partner, 50 hours a week "part-time", so please stop talking utter shite.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Page

of 5 First / Last