Getting old... Page 5

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Next
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 16:22:02
    I've done manual work, piece of piss. Good to be outside and satisfying getting a work out but that's about it. Not all office jobs are sole destroying bean counting though. I love my job, requires research, politics, regular people contact, tactical planning etc.
  • Khanivor 4 May 2013 16:24:55 41,971 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not sure if hosing down a chair really counts as manual labor...
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 16:25:34
    :D
  • TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 16:25:56 4,200 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Had the option of staying in and derping on the internet or going to a friend's house and blapping loads of class A's.

    Turns out I'm still a kid at heart, but not body.
    "blapping loads of class A's"

    Yup, you're a twat.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 16:28:55
    Khanivor wrote:
    Not sure if hosing down a chair really counts as manual labor...
    No tea for you!
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 16:29:49
    It's good that you can do 60 hours a week and enjoy it.

    I do 48 hours a week normally but it's not manual labour, sure I'm on my feet a lot and nothing physical. I couldn't do it, I'm shattered every day as it is.
  • Madder-Max 4 May 2013 16:57:38 11,972 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    60 hours a week of hard labour, fuck that. The harder you work the worse your earlier decisions in life must have been.
    I agree. 39 and assistant manager at major chain pub which is long hourts and pretty hard physical work. They do say that if u work in catering later in life its a sign of a misspent youth........which is absolutely bang on. I would rather stick vinegar covered rusty nails in my penis than work in an office again.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 17:44:57
    What exactly are you people doing in offices?
  • jonsaan 4 May 2013 17:51:04 25,969 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    60 hours a week of hard labour, fuck that. The harder you work the worse your earlier decisions in life must have been.
    I agree. 39 and assistant manager at major chain pub which is long hourts and pretty hard physical work. They do say that if u work in catering later in life its a sign of a misspent youth........which is absolutely bang on. I would rather stick vinegar covered rusty nails in my penis than work in an office again.
    Is that down the end or into the shaft?
  • DodgyPast 4 May 2013 19:36:26 8,948 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also 39, and pretty embarrassed that it's taken me that long to get my life reasonably sorted.

    Journey's been a hell of a ride and don't regret any of it. Also another person who's slowly clawing his way back to some kind of reasonable shape after having let everything go in his mid twenties.
  • skuzzbag 4 May 2013 20:09:54 5,934 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    44 here and I don't feel any different apart from if I stay up until 12 and have to get up at 7 I feel like shit all day. I have to go to bed at 10:30 and wake up at 5:30 to feel OK. It all seems silly. 9-5 job though working long shifts is for mugs.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 20:30:53
    Just done 13 hours of actual hard graft laying a new patio. I'm bollocksed. Put me back behind my desk please.
  • skuzzbag 4 May 2013 21:27:26 5,934 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a killer if you don't do that shit all day. Tomorrow every muscle in your back and legs will scream at you. Best get the beers in and inform the missus that you will be doing fuck all anything else until Monday.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 21:41:08
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 21:54:32
    HairyArse wrote:
    Just done 13 hours of actual hard graft laying a new patio.
    Sounds like you need some more fibre.
  • Dirtbox 4 May 2013 23:02:19 82,274 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Had the option of staying in and derping on the internet or going to a friend's house and blapping loads of class A's.

    Turns out I'm still a kid at heart, but not body.
    "blapping loads of class A's"

    Yup, you're a twat.
    And you're... No one.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 23:24:28
    meme wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:
    Just done 13 hours of actual hard graft laying a new patio.
    Sounds like you need some more fibre.
    Ha. I had to think about that for over an hour before I got it.
  • localnotail 4 May 2013 23:25:03 23,084 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm going to be 42 on Tuesday. I don't get many chances to go out due to baby duties, but when I do I can still stay up late without chemical assistance and not suffer. 5 hours sleep is a lie in to me these days.

    This past week though, I've been falling asleep on the sofa every night as we have been working out in the garden every night until 10pm, digging & sieving it all over. Worth it though, we used to have a scrappy mess out there, now we have a rather nice lawn, vegetable patchn & borders.
  • beastmaster 24 May 2013 22:26:50 13,301 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh boy. I've been at the dot-to-dot music festival in Manchester. Seen a lot of bands but my lower back and feet are killing me, so I'm now home. Another deciding factor was that I needed a massive poo. There is no place like home. That may be too much info but the crappers at some of these clubs are real shit holes.

    Anyhow, I'm done. I've got a cuppa and I'm in bed about to watch Manborg. Bliss!
  • Tonka 24 May 2013 22:36:29 23,168 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Calling a toilet a shit hole... Redundancy at its finest
  • skuzzbag 24 May 2013 23:53:13 5,934 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Using a festival shit pit whilst high on drugs is a memory I can't seem to get rid of.
  • ZuluHero 25 May 2013 00:33:18 4,677 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know this is probably common, but i was at a festival years ago and was waiting by the port-a-loos when a guy came out of one, walked up to the urination trough, picked up one of the blue disinfectant cakes and started rubbing his hands with it. He thought the urinal was a wash basin!

    Couldn't do the whole festival thing these days. I was in the HMV institute in Birmingham last year for the Slam Dunk festival, and got locked in for 6 hours. I was starving and they didn't even serve food and said if we left we wouldn't be allowed back in. Stuff that. Ended up leaving early, grabbed a sub from the subway next door then went home to tuck myself up in my warm bed with a lovely hot chocolate and a few episodes of Futurama.

    When you're getting to about twice the age of the average gig-goer i think its time to call it a day.

    Edited by ZuluHero at 00:34:17 25-05-2013
  • Vortex808 25 May 2013 11:34:50 8,817 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:

    When you're getting to about twice the age of the average gig-goer i think its time to call it a day.
    It is scary being one of the older folk in the crowd, but I still like a live gig. Not sure I'd go to a festival now though. I like some home comforts these days.

    So saying, having gone to see Neil young a few years back, I was one of the youngest ones, so that made a nice change.

    It was funny seeing mud honey a couple of years ago too. Easy to spot the fans from when they started up, compared to yer average gig-goer.

    ;) or more possibly :(
  • Gruff 25 May 2013 12:36:24 3,086 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Deleted user wrote:
    It's good that you can do 60 hours a week and enjoy it.

    I do 48 hours a week normally but it's not manual labour, sure I'm on my feet a lot and nothing physical. I couldn't do it, I'm shattered every day as it is.
    I work 35 hours a week.

    The company I work for is French

    Vive La France, they have their Life/Work balance quotient sorted

    I use most of my spare time on napping
  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Next
Log in or register to reply