3DS or 3DS XL Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Lamb 4 Sep 2012 20:16:30 472 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They are both good choices unless you want to play Kid Icarus. I say that with the hindsight of building up my wrist muscles for two weeks before finishing the game. I was on Nintendo's side that you were okay without the second analog pad but now I am going back and playing it casually and because of the weird controls it jerks around in my hand and I can't play it efficiently as I would like on the harder settings.

I understand you don't build a system just for one game but its a legitimate gripe in the case of Kid Icarus. Nintendo please think about this for the future.
  • Raiko101 4 Sep 2012 21:32:11 6,051 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kid Icarus is a game that would suit the Wiimote and Nunchuck perfectly. Absolutely perfectly.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Raiko101 21 Sep 2012 16:47:46 6,051 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Circle Pad Pro XL

Looks very similar, as expected, but has a slightly different curve to it. I'm not sure it was needed, as I found the original to be more than comfortable. Will be picking it up when it gets a release over here. I still think MGS 3 requires it for the most fluid play.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Baleoce 6 Oct 2012 23:36:13 1,185 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I traded in my 3DS for an XL at GAME today. So far I'm really pleased with it. Had to settle for metallic red instead of silver, but I actually kind of like it now.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• mal 7 Oct 2012 00:59:16 22,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I guess the curve is need to reach the right button, since unlike on the left it's not just a mater of angling your thumb down, but instead you need to slide your hand down slightly and angle your thumb up. Might be more of a problem on a bigger unit.

Personally, I'm a little tempted by this MK unit. Could look better for me, but I like the idea of having MK on hand.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next