Remember Me Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• kinky_mong 5 Apr 2013 09:51:33 9,997 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    So I had a quick go on this at The Gadget Show as Capcom have a stand there. Really wasn't impressed, the horrendously long loading times didn't help, so I hope they aren't a feature of the full game.
    How's the combat and movement? Looks very stiff in the previews. Not very impressive at all.
    I'd love to tell you how the combat was but I didn't even get to any! Just did some stiff Uncharted style climbing (which wasn't well signposted) and one wrong button press sent me plummeting to my death and another long loading screen, so I walked away.

I at least hope that demo gets a download release so I can give it proper attention and see if it gets any better.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• mrpon 5 Apr 2013 10:05:57 28,503 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've heard it is totally signposted, like big yellow arrows signposted. Early build?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Mr-Brett 5 Apr 2013 10:43:33 12,723 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Enemies trailer. I'm not super stoked about the combat, it's looks ok but it's not even remotely what interested me in this originally. Also I predict 7/10.

Portable view - Never forget.

• aeschylus 1 Jun 2013 19:14:59 446 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    not getting a lot of attention but watching some early playthroughs this looks really good?
  • Syrette 3 Jun 2013 14:03:54 43,127 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Getting between 5.5 and 7/10 judging by the reviews I've looked at.

So not terrible, but heavily flawed and I get the distinct impression it's a definite case of style over substance.

Still think it's worth a rental mind, but I don't think it's one I'm desperate to get on with. Hope it doesn't drag on, sounds like a good rental if it's the usual 8-10 hours to complete.

• Humperfunk 3 Jun 2013 14:16:04 1,984 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    EG review sounds superb, only a 7 but from the words it sounds like my kind of game.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Triggerhappytel 3 Jun 2013 16:45:06 2,679 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like the look of it, but the gameplay sounds pretty dull and rote on the whole. Maybe one to pick up in a couple of months when it's hit 15.
  • CosmicFuzz 3 Jun 2013 17:15:20 23,390 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds like an incredible waste of a great premise.

My look back at one of the best sequels ever: Uncharted 2.

• Syrette 3 Jun 2013 19:21:55 43,127 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, when the meat of your game is melee combat, you better hope the combat is very good.

• aeschylus 4 Jun 2013 20:16:35 446 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    the steam keys are selling for $20 on steamtrades, which is roughly 13 so a bargain
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Jun 2013 20:25:02 5,135 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ShopTo have dispatched my copy!

... I have only purchased BioShock Infinite and Dead Space 3 this year so, an original and refreshingly new game is just what the Doctor ordered.

: )

Both the Eurogamer and Kotaku reviews more or less sold this to me.
  • mikeck 5 Jun 2013 10:45:03 1,905 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm about 50% of the way through the story, and it's a well crafted game. The combat is fairly simple, but challenging enough, and with the options to personalise your combos (to some degree) it does make the combat palatable.

The main sell for this game for me is the art direction, and the memory remixing, which are both very well done. The game looks fantastic on PS3, and whilst it is a very linear game, it's very solid, and well worth playing.
  • Humperfunk 5 Jun 2013 11:20:03 1,984 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sounds great :)

Despite some of the scores the game seems to be getting, the actual content of the reviews mean I am looking forward to this very much.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• CharlieStCloud 5 Jun 2013 11:28:02 5,135 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    I'm about 50% of the way through the story, and it's a well crafted game.
    May I know how you perceive to be half-way through?

... is it '__ out of something' chapters?

I am thoroughly looking forward to my copy popping through the letterbox!
  • mikeck 5 Jun 2013 12:36:53 1,905 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

It actually gives you a story completion percentage on your game save (when you select to continue your campaign in the menu).

Not sure if this accounts for collectibles or not though, or just purely story based %.
  • scuffpuppies 6 Jun 2013 07:35:28 263 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I actually like Remember me. The art direction is worth the price of admission alone, as it's truly stunning in places. The in-house music composition is worthy of mention too.

The game itself is okay. While certainly not great, it's far better than a lot of AAA games released right now (Fuse in particular). The combat actually works pretty well, but having the "counter" move being so acrobatic gets bloody annoying and can at times looks downright stupid.

The platforming is almost identical to Ninja Theory's Enslaved. No exploration, no choice, just follow the clearly laid out path (I'm sick of things being dumbed down for the f**king casual gamer). But it;s solid and does the job.

The story is pretty cool if you like dystopian fiction, and the memory remixing is very clever. Just a shame you down't get to use the feature more (or by the players choice).

All in all, Remember Me is a solid first title by Dontnod, and feels like a fresh I.P that could have some legs if aloud to run. I'm sure the price will drop quickly after The Last of Us is launched next week, and after that I think 'RM' is a pretty safe recommendation.

XBL: Scuffy P
    PSN: Scuffy_P
    NN: ScuffyP

• captainrentboy 6 Jun 2013 08:04:38 965 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I agree with all of the above, I've only played it for just over an hour but have really liked what I've seen so far. The presentation and music is fantastic and I've had no issues with the combat so far. Just completed my first memory wipe thingy, it took a while to actually get what I was doing, but it seems like a nifty lil game play feature.
  • mikeck 6 Jun 2013 08:59:48 1,905 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh yeah, I totally neglected to mention the music, which is outstanding :)

Menu music, combat music, the incidental music...all fantastic.
  • Deckard1 6 Jun 2013 09:02:39 27,276 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It'll be 15 quid in under a month. I'll get it then.
  • Stranded87 7 Jun 2013 10:04:05 873 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not loving this so far, I'm not very far in yet (just done the first memory remixing bit), but so far both the platforming and combat are dull (both work fine but are totally uninteresting). Since they seem to make up the bulk of the game that's a problem.

On the plus side it looks nice, the story has potential and memory remixing seems fun.
  • oconnomiyaki 7 Jun 2013 10:09:28 245 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So is this a miss? I've had a shit day and was tempted to just take the plunge on a digital copy, but I might just play Injustice instead.
  • Stranded87 7 Jun 2013 10:12:50 873 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @oconnomiyaki I'm not really far enough in to say, but if I had to score it now I'd go 5 or 6/10- not bad but pretty average and more one to play for story and setting than gameplay. Probably best off at least waiting for a price drop.
  • Miss_Jade 7 Jun 2013 11:08:15 10 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I played a little bit of it at MCM Expo before it suddently crashed :/ I can't really judge from the short time I was on it but it didn't exactly blow me away..

To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive...

• CharlieStCloud 7 Jun 2013 11:20:04 5,135 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, if the opening hour is anything to go by, I think I am going to enjoy this quite a lot!

I openly admit that the environments, the futuristic Neo-Paris setting, the music (God, it is so good!) and the premises of the story does greatly make up for the otherwise functional yet forgettable gameplay.

I can easily see why some reviewers love 'Remember Me' while others find the whole experience slightly underwhelming. It is style over substance in places too however, there has been no game quite like this and that, to me, is a very good thing.

... first game I have purchased since BioShock Infinite (on day one) so, that helps!
  • Reacher 7 Jun 2013 17:37:17 721 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Serious question.. does the combat get better? I only blasted through the intro and got into a series of menu's about combo's and such which basically meant pressing X a lot. I wasn't that impressed, however I had to turn it off and haven't gone back to it.

This is a genuine question, I'm not trolling at all, I just haven't had the time to play it since.
  • CharlieStCloud 8 Jun 2013 09:20:07 5,135 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Reacher

... do you often judge games after twenty minutes of play?

Yes, of course the combat gets better!

The first time you fight just involves pressing the 'X' button over and over, but in due course, you shall be using up up six different buttons with an array of combos ... and that doesn't even include the 'Focus Pressen' abilities.

Gosh, play this game for more than 20 minutes next time!
  • Syrette 8 Jun 2013 11:11:08 43,127 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone playing on the hardest difficulty?

How, erm, hard is it? Frustrating or just a little challenging?

Planning on starting this later this weekend.

• CharlieStCloud 8 Jun 2013 11:15:36 5,135 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe play on the 'Errorist Agent' mode, just like me ... the fights are quite tough going as it is so, I dread to think how much tougher the hardest difficulty is!

You can enjoy the game this way too, as oppose to experiencing reoccurring frustrations every now and again.

Thoroughly enjoying this.

: )
  • Syrette 8 Jun 2013 11:18:24 43,127 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hear it's quite short is all, not against upping the difficulty to lengthen it a little.

• CharlieStCloud 8 Jun 2013 11:20:46 5,135 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I hear it's quite short is all, not against upping the difficulty to lengthen it a little.
    Fair dos.

I just like to take it all in at my own pace and enjoy the ride with a hint of challenge as oppose to, like I had said, reoccurring frustrations.

... do what you like!
  • Page

of 4 First / Last