Lovefilm instant problems

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Reido200 9 Aug 2012 21:12:35 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hey all, having problems with lovefilm instant on the Xbox 360 and wondering if anyone can help.

I keep getting buffering issues until eventually the movie I'm watching stops. Lovefilm instant works fine on my laptop and iPad however. I also have Netflix on my Xbox and it also works without any issues.

I have a 7mbit/s download speed and am using a wired connection on the Xbox.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 9 Aug 2012 21:42:10 36,283 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On a slightly different note - what's the film selection like on Lovefilm Instant?

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 9 August 2012 21:48:31
    Could try removing the app and re-downloading it?
  • robthehermit 9 Aug 2012 22:50:41 3,831 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lovefilm on Xbox is shite. YouTube quality shuddery bollocks, I have similar problems with Sky as well. Netflix however have some sort of streaming voodoo going on.

As for the film selection, there are a few good films on there, they recently had Batman Begins and Dark Knight, also RED is worth a watch. Beyond a few standout films, you're much better off with Netflix and flicking between US and UK versions for a much larger catalogue.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• AccidentProne 9 Aug 2012 23:44:20 1,128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lovefilm's quality on Xbox seems to have improved lately, it's still not as good as Netflix but it's shit loads better than it was.

Can't seem to watch the HD films in HD though, at least it's not displaying the HD icon. Watched Clash of the Titans the other day and the quality seemed pretty good (the picture, not the film...), despite being SD.
  • Minotauro 9 Aug 2012 23:54:58 92 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think the selcetion on Lovefilm is much better than netflix when it comes to older titles and foreign cinema. Some great Korean thrillers, for example: Mother, I Saw the Devil, The Chaser. Also, "The Man from Nowhere" is a *great* action film. "Festen" is a great Danish drama, low budget but some terrific acting and moments. Not sure if the above are actually on netflix, but lovefilm is 2 cheaper....
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next