XBox & PS3 stolen - now what?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • evaluna 4 Aug 2012 08:15:46 52 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some thieving scum broke in to my house last night & helped themselves to my PS3 & Xbox, as well as all my AV gear, TV, iPad etc. I had credit card details on both the consoles, and I would prefer not to cancel the cards if I can help it, but I will if I have to. Does anyone know if I am at risk, and what I should do to prevent getting burned further? Thanks.
  • DUFFMAN5 4 Aug 2012 08:21:21 15,383 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really sorry to hear that. We got burgled 8/9 years ago and awoke with 3 of the cunts still in the house (no kids then thankfully)
    Hope you and yours are ok, which is the main thing of course.
    CANCEL the cards NOW!

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 4 August 2012 08:23:22
    Have you got a credit card attached to your X360 profile? Cancel that if so.

Maybe worth emailing MS to get your account frozen or something if you have some MS points floating around that you don't want to lose?

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/lost-proofs

Definitely call your bank and cancel your cards though, that's priority #1.
  • Flying_Pig 4 Aug 2012 08:39:01 11,474 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can you chage you XBL/PSN passwords on PC??
  • evaluna 4 Aug 2012 08:39:51 52 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks guys, I'll get them canceled.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 4 Aug 2012 08:55:12 825 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That sucks mate.some real horrible low life fuckers about who need both arms removed.
    Cancel your card asap!
    There are quite a few stories of the scum getting caught when they've plugged items in and been tracked by their IP address or something.
    And I vaguely remember apple helping someone track down their stolen gear.
    Good luck dude

Arsechickens

• redcrayon 4 Aug 2012 08:58:35 4,573 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, cancel those cards, the peace of mind is worth more than the 20 minutes it'll take to get new cards on the way.

I'd sit down and make a list of any accounts that you have permanently open on any of those devices- did you leave your email permanently signed in on the iPad etc? Internet browser logged into online stores with your credit card details saved? Netflix on the PS3? Change the password on them too, this morning if possible, just in case.

It's a hassle but better a day spent filling in forms, getting a crime no. from the police (and going very carefully over your insurance documents to compile a list of what you can claim for) than worrying about it later.

I hope you and your family aren't too shaken up, sorry to hear about it dude.

Edited by redcrayon at 09:01:19 04-08-2012
  • lucky_jim 4 Aug 2012 09:00:28 5,348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did you have Photo Stream activated on the iPad? A lot of these knuckle-dragging inbreds have been caught that way.
  • evaluna 4 Aug 2012 10:40:46 52 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Billy_Sastard It looks like they rammed the front gate open with something, and then crowbarred the security gate on my actual front door open. Then they managed to crack the garage door, so that they could pull a car or truck in to load my stuff into. Amazingly enough, they managed to pull this all off in the space of an hour or so, while I was out walking my dogs (!) I'm pretty sure they must have been watching the place for a while, to know exactly when I am out with my dogs and for how long.
  • evaluna 4 Aug 2012 10:48:45 52 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for the info & the kind words. I did have the Find My iPhone app installed on the iPad, so hopefully they will connect to a network at some stage. Unfortunately it's not a 3G model, so it will only work if it is connected to a wi-fi network. I live in hope.
  • neilka 4 Aug 2012 10:58:00 16,523 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have you tried giving Liam Neeson a ring?

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Deleted user 4 August 2012 11:18:12
    Did you have find my iphone installed on your iPad so you can track it?

EDIT: You did, don't lock and wipe it until you have a position, otherwise you'll never find it.

Edited by CrispyXUK at 11:20:07 04-08-2012
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next