Bullet Run

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Phishfood 2 Aug 2012 06:28:05 51 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.bulletrunthegame.com/

Its a free to play first person shooter. I played this for about 3 hours until the dark underbelly of the beast was revealed to me. I screamed in horror.

So let me explain how this game works. You got deathmatch and domination (capture/defend area) regardless of what mode you play you kill people and complete objectives and you earn "heat" which builds up your fans and battle points when its calculated at the end of a match.

Fans are people who are your fans that have watched you fight on tv but they may as well be a meaningless number called experience points because that's just what they are. It levels you up, when you level up you get access to better clothes (that earns you more heat) and better weapons. I say access because...

Battle Points (BP) is what you need to spend to buy these upgrades.

Now when you first create an account you get 10,000 BP to spend on stuff, but the cheapest new gun costs 10,100 minimum. Ok that's fine, however in most matches you only earn between 200-500 BP. That's fine too, you can just grind a bit to afford new stuff. BUT!!

Your weapons go through wear and tear, and I'm not sure what causes it (maybe dying) but you will need to spend BP to repair a completley worn out weapons. If you try using a weapons where its usability has reached 0 then it only does around half the amount of damage.

I played for long enough that I had completely worn down my weapon and in that time I managed to earn 3000 BP. It cost me 2900 BP to repair my gun. But you don't have to repair your gun using BP, oh no. You can also use gold (real money) to repair it too.

If you're a monthly subscriber your weapons don't even need repairing, they'll never wear down as long as you're on the subscription. The whole leveling up metagame is meaningless because normally you'd have to level up to use weapons that have level requirements but as a subscriber you can buy and use anything. Also you get discounts on everything you buy.

All this wouldn't have been so terrible if the "bought" guns weren't so much better than the standard MP5 you get. Its not even a class based game, everyone starts out with the shitty MP5 and all the newbies are just running around playing the game like COD. The levels feel like they've been designed around the idea that everyone would be using the MP5.

This is Scientology: The Game, don't let it sucker you in by making you convince yourself that its a worthwhile investment of your time and money.

I predict within 9 months it will shut down.

Edited by Phishfood at 06:34:20 02-08-2012
  • Fydria 2 Aug 2012 07:46:26 561 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've downloaded this but yet to try it, going by what your saying I doubt I'll bother now.
  • Fydria 2 Aug 2012 07:46:31 561 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • DigitalScars 2 Aug 2012 09:53:51 41 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tend to find this can be the case with most free/f2p games now day. They can never seem to get the right balance between making the game free but having micro transactions that aren't musts to make the game playabl...

or more often than not that make it the pay to win/pay to play option where micro transactions become an absolute must to even make the game playable usually resulting in the game being more of a cash sink than any other retail game.
  • Phishfood 2 Aug 2012 16:55:43 51 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I went right back to Tribes Ascend. I threw down some money at that in the first 30 minutes.
  • ANAL_SALAD 5 Aug 2012 20:48:33 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hey reddit.
  • progz 6 Aug 2012 02:11:44 1 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I played it once, and that was enough considering how generic that game is. its horrible guys!
  • Dirtbox 6 Aug 2012 13:01:10 78,845 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fuck off, reddit.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 06:15:59 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My topic got closed because its a duplicate?

This topic is 6 months old Eurogamer
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Jan 2013 06:42:40 39,382 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, and?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 07:57:33 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Yeah, and?
    I kind of assumed people here had a thing against posting in topics that were 6 months old?
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jan 2013 08:01:08 44,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They also have a thing against starting threads specifically to answer topics that were 6 months old.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 08:04:43 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll just post my replies here then:

nstead of posting in a 6 month old topic. I'm gonna actually refute some of the claims.

To start off, Repairing your weapons was never an Issue in Bullet Run, 0 durability weapons only did 10% less damage, most people ended up playing without repairing weapons. The Repair system has also been totally removed from the game.

The starter gun, the Mp5 is actually a pretty good gun. You could easily use it to stand toe to toe with people.

Also, since 6 months ago things in Bullet Run have changed even more then the removal of the weapon repair system.

Things in Bullet Run have changed since months ago.

Buying weapons Permanently with In Game Credits have been removed. In its place is a system that allows you to rent weapons. The weapon rental prices are actually very affordable and its very easy to earn the credits while playing. You can rent weapons for 1, 3, or 7 days. If you purchase a mod, the mod will be permanent even if your rental of the weapon runs out. So if you re-rent the weapon you will still have the mods.

A progression System has been employed. As you level up your character you will be rewarded with level up to your skills, Free 1 day weapon rentals, etc.

The repair system has been completely removed. Even though it was never an issue previously since not repairing really didn't affect you.

A new mode, Search and Destroy has been added to the game along with 3 new maps.

You don't pay to compete. I've never spent real money on the game.

Actually the Mp5 can work on almost any map but Cactus, pretty much the Sniper Map. Though you can get the Tactical sniper rifle pretty early on, around Level 5 or so i think.

While Platinum Membership does let people purchase Level restricted guns at any level, It really doesn't matter that much. I and a lot of other people never bought Platinum Membership and it never hindered us. You'd actually learn that if you spent more like 3-10 total hours in the game.

No you don't. All 4 loadouts can be used when you get weapons

Also my apologies, i should of mentioned more about the loadouts.

At level 2 or 3 i think you unlock the AUG, a few levels after that is the Tactical Sniper Rifle, At level 9 you unlock the AK47, all 3 guns once you unlock you get a free one day rental of them.

I've been playing Bullet Run since the closed beta around or before August, Never payed a cent. You can easily play the game and do fine without spending real money.

Never tried Gotham City Imposters. Well i tried the Beta on the ps3 when it was up. Never tried the free version on Steam. Tribes i played a few games. It actually seemed pretty easy to get kills off of people in the game. I'll have to play it again unless they made it more annoying in the last like 3 months.
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 08:05:22 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    They also have a thing against starting threads specifically to answer topics that were 6 months old.
    It wasn't answering it, it was pretty much an update to it to point out the game changed. So pretty much an updated game topic

Edited by Sylar100 at 08:06:54 22-01-2013
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Jan 2013 08:06:18 39,382 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It is preferred you use existing threads. It's when people bump old threads with nothing worthwhile to add that we get a bit tetchy.

In your case, you have an equally valid and relevant viewpoint, but please keep it in one thread.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 08:07:34 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    It is preferred you use existing threads. It's when people bump old threads with nothing worthwhile to add that we get a bit tetchy.

In your case, you have an equally valid and relevant viewpoint, but please keep it in one thread.
    Ah ok. Sorry about that. I will keep that in mind.
  • SuperBas 22 Jan 2013 08:48:25 1,483 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Marketing fail. After you fail to convince us to play this shit looking game you will never post here again.

Seriously, there's nothing even remotely interesting about this. Environments are dull brown/grey, no interesting weapons, generic characters, videos make it look like an even worse version of Call of Duty. Even the name is unoriginal, reminding me of one of those iOS Call of Duty clones. I find it incredibly hard to believe you don't work for these people.

Edit: and that's even before I saw your responses in the locked thread. You are a shill.

Edited by SuperBas at 09:40:10 22-01-2013
  • LeoliansBro 22 Jan 2013 08:53:40 44,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey guyz you shouldd all realy play Gun Attack Bang, it's free and the default water pistol works great on all maps apart from the ones that are better with good guns and anyway you unlock them after only like 20 hours of playing and the uber rocketshotgunsniper is only $30 so its really good value and fun to buy a good weppon and run around shooting noobs. ps brown is my favorite color and Gulf War II is my favorite war.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• darkmorgado 22 Jan 2013 10:06:45 15,586 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sylar100 wrote:

nstead of posting in a 6 month old topic. I'm gonna actually refute some of the claims.
    But you are posting in a 6 month old topic. What madness is this?

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• Sylar100 26 Jan 2013 07:20:56 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    Sylar100 wrote:

But you are posting in a 6 month old topic. What madness is this?

It was copy and pasted from my awesome topic that was locked :p
  • Sylar100 31 Jan 2013 22:19:32 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:
    Marketing fail. After you fail to convince us to play this shit looking game you will never post here again.

Seriously, there's nothing even remotely interesting about this. Environments are dull brown/grey, no interesting weapons, generic characters, videos make it look like an even worse version of Call of Duty. Even the name is unoriginal, reminding me of one of those iOS Call of Duty clones. I find it incredibly hard to believe you don't work for these people.

Edit: and that's even before I saw your responses in the locked thread. You are a shill.

I don't really care what you believe :)
  • SuperBas 1 Feb 2013 16:19:43 1,483 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You do care about our opinion, that's why you post here. I care about making your shill job miserable. :)
  • Sylar100 2 Feb 2013 23:12:04 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:
    You do care about our opinion, that's why you post here. I care about making your shill job miserable. :)
    I have no shill job :p. Either way the game is shutting down in March thanks to the efforts of SoE fucking the game up. Sucks because i enjoyed it.

I'm sure SoE won't give a crap and will just go back to jerking off their Planetside 2 game with all the advertising they actually gave it. Wonder how how Wizardry online will last since they don't seem to want to advertise that either.

Bullet Run only lasted around 7 months in March. I enjoyed it since the closed beta. Either way both SoE and the games Devs had a slight hand in screwing the game up and driving away players
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next