Post bad ebay sellers here. A++!!! WUD YOUSE AGIN Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • DFawkes 5 Sep 2012 01:16:41 23,020 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Damn new page! Better quote it as I'm lazy and I'm not going back a whole page.

YenRug wrote:
    If anyone comes across someone using the eBay ID "nigew1", I'd suggest keeping clear of him, he seems a tad confused about things...

A few weeks ago I won a big network server in a competition, unfortunately it's barebones and I'd need to spend about £400 buying hard-drives to make it usable; it's about £650 new, so I put it on eBay as a BIN for £600 for 30 days. On Sunday, he sent me this message:

nigew1: Would you accept an offer of £500 for your NAS?

Me: Hi, sorry to say, not looking for offers on this at the moment.

nigew1: I only asked because I found I could get one delivered new at £640...
    Considering I offered delivery at £27, that's still £13 more, which doesn't really make much sense.

Me: Hi, not quite seeing the logic: you want to offer me £100 less because you can pay more for it somewhere else? Whilst I'm not a business, the item is new and still in its box; the only thing I have done is lift the lid to make sure there is something in there, I have not touched the contents at all.

nigew1: That is the point, your not in business and a not sold much in the last 12 months. its about trust, feedback, and the market, and lets face it, not much is selling at the moment, hence the offer. I appreciate that it is new and you have good feedback. We are all in the sh1t together with not much business happening. I've got 4 servers to offload!
    If you want to hold out its your shout. I have other options like the new synology DS412+ at £400 (reduced from £529)...
    Bonne chance.
    Can anyone else understand quite what his point is here? He seems a little confused, thinking that I have to be in a rush to sell it, because..... well, who said it has to make sense, eh?
    I've tried re-reading it a few times and still don't understand what he's on except "The economy is bad so give me your item WAY below that price", which is true I suppose but no reason for you to drop your price considering you're already the cheaper option.

Congrats on winning the competition YenRug, hopefully someone will understand that £600 < £640 and take it off your hands :)

Edited by DFawkes at 01:18:03 05-09-2012

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• MadCaddy13 5 Sep 2012 07:49:02 1,935 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There are a lot of twats about who are like that on eBay. I was selling my guitar at 1,300 and get messages like 'I'll buy it at 900' fuck off! I've stuck it at 1,300 for a fucking reason. I'm not looking to give someone a bargain
  • santashi 5 Sep 2012 08:22:37 5,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He probably thinks he is bamboozling you with his fabulous logic. :p

On a side note, I haven't sold all that much on ebay but I'm surprised at the number of buyers who decide not to pay. There doesn't seem to be any real consequence to not paying as far as I can see. At least, I can't see anything on their pages recording the fact.

I also had someone retract their bid, which I had no idea was possible, and when I looked at their profile it said they had made over 20 bid retractions recently. Does that have no consequence either? Surely it must?

Either way, glad I'm not a business on ebay!

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Trowel 5 Sep 2012 08:38:23 17,795 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shill bidding is illegal under EU fair trading laws. It's a particular problem in the collectibles market (I've done some trading in limited edition art prints) where people artificially drive up prices on other people's listings because they own the same piece and know a lot of people ascribe value using the previous sales history.
  • Sponz 11 Oct 2012 10:16:57 648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Quick question - If you get a bad seller who is clearly selling things they do not have, and even marking items shipped when they havent, is this a matter for the police? Its fraud and deception right? A certain twunt needs his collar felt...

I know i'll get my money back from paypal/ebay, but its the fecking principle of it that grates. Whats to stop anyone advertising new items, getting the sale on ebay, the funds in paypal, and using it to pay off mortgage or the whatnot ?
  • teamHAM 11 Oct 2012 10:44:41 2,967 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    He probably thinks he is bamboozling you with his fabulous logic. :p

On a side note, I haven't sold all that much on ebay but I'm surprised at the number of buyers who decide not to pay. There doesn't seem to be any real consequence to not paying as far as I can see. At least, I can't see anything on their pages recording the fact.

I also had someone retract their bid, which I had no idea was possible, and when I looked at their profile it said they had made over 20 bid retractions recently. Does that have no consequence either? Surely it must?

Either way, glad I'm not a business on ebay!
    Normally its fine for me, but lately I've had loads of people that buy and then just don't pay. Specifically people that sit up all night outbidding others to win, and then just leave their computer without paying and often don't pay for days without any communication which means I have to chase for payment which is really not on. Like those idiots in Tesco that walk around the shop for 2 hours filling up a massive fuck off trolley, get to the checkout and make an excuse and walk out, just leaving all their stuff on the belt at the checkout.

Morons.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• teamHAM 11 Oct 2012 10:47:09 2,967 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And seconding what someone else said, there is actually not a lot that can be done about it. Despite all the ebay guff repeating "it's a legally binding contract" over and over all that happens is they get an unpaid item strike (which sellers cannot see (although they can set their account to automatically block such people)) and you get your selling fee back (usually about 10p). Then they are free to bid again. Which is clearly not right.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• danathjo 17 Nov 2012 12:03:19 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So how long should I wait until trying to get my money back.
    Won and paid for a ipod classic (160gb) on the 4th, contacted them last Saturday and in reply they mentioned some excuse about thier car etc will send it on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Now post has come for today and still a no show.

Now I don't need it in a rush but it's the principle of it. Also, is there a time limit when you can claim your money back through Paypal?
  • danathjo 17 Nov 2012 12:34:45 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A month, might wait until next Saturday then (if not received before) until getting Paypal involved then.
  • danathjo 17 Nov 2012 12:36:29 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On seconds thoughts, Wednesday it is. As you say it just might speed her up if anything.
  • YenRug 18 Nov 2012 20:21:00 2,243 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Definitely don't leave it too long before kicking up a stink, especially if you paid via Paypal.

I'm not sure of the exact situation, now, but when ebay first took over Paypal the complaint/claimback periods did not really mesh together properly; you had to wait something like a month before you could start the complaint procedure on ebay, with it taking up to a month of "communication" before they would even consider making a judgement. The problem? By time you exhausted all your avenues on ebay, the automatic claimback period on Paypal had expired, leaving you reliant on the seller's goodwill.
  • danathjo 18 Nov 2012 20:29:19 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    have contacted the seller twice. one response so far but now I'm scared to leave it too late so will definitely go the official PayPal route tomorrow if still hsdn't arrived.

I can see that she was selling other stuff yesterday too, just a bit frustrating!
  • danathjo 19 Nov 2012 19:50:14 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FYI from their FAQ:

I didn't receive my item. When should I contact eBay?
    First, try contacting the seller for package tracking information or a reason why delivery is delayed. If itís been 7 or more business days since you paid, you havenít received the item or heard back from your seller, go to the eBay Resolution Centre within 45 days of the date you paid.
    If the seller estimated a delivery date that was less than 7 working days from your payment, please contact the seller through the eBay messages function first and allow 3 working days for a reply.
  • GuiltySpark 20 Apr 2013 15:41:36 6,399 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Won an item on eBay, paid straight away. This was at 11pm or something, and the item said 'shipped' at like 3am, which obviously isn't the case. The guy messaged me today saying that he can't post the item as PayPal says 'pending' (it says completed on mine), and that giving him positive feedback would release the payment.

I messaged him saying basically he was wrong and that was bullshit (I wrote it formally, not like that!). This was today, is it too soon to open a dispute? Is the levels of dodginess high enough for me to assume that I'm not getting the item? Waiting seems pointless.

I bought a fair bit of stuff at the same time and everything else seems fine.

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 20 Apr 2013 15:42:38 6,399 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My bad, probably should have read the post above mine!

Get bent.

• danathjo 20 Apr 2013 15:52:33 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it's 10 days from purchase before you can open a dispute

45 is the latest
  • danathjo 20 Apr 2013 15:53:59 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    opps
    you're right, 7 days

oh it was me :)
  • santashi 20 Apr 2013 16:04:33 5,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think I actually read something about that somewhere - in some cases eBay was withholding the payment until the buyers had got the item and left positive feedback? Sounds bit mental though so it might be rubbish.

• GuiltySpark 20 Apr 2013 16:13:36 6,399 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well I've essentially been lied to twice by this chump, once for the shipping notification and again with him saying I have to leave him positive feedback to release a payment.

Dispute-wise, the fool has already messaged me saying he hasn't shipped the item, so if nothing happens then I'm in good stead, evidence and all that.

Bit annoying really, I don't normally use eBay for these exact reasons. What i was thinking about the dispute is that he is basically keeping my item (which lets face it, may not exist!) until I leave him positive feedback. Surely this is some kind of violation of eBay's rules.

Get bent.

• wayneh 20 Apr 2013 16:35:42 2,348 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Best one had was when buying Frontline for my dogs. I bid and won three separate auctions from one seller. He then sends me a message saying he had grouped all the transactions into one item and had changed the P&P costs. Great I thought less P&P but in fact he had doubled the total P&P. I messaged back saying this and I would not agree to pay more for the items but heard nothing back so didn't pay. 7 days later I get an unpaid item message from ebay! I disputed this adding messages both he and I sent and thankfully ebay found in my favour. Still don't know why he done this as he has now lost 3 sales?

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• santashi 20 Apr 2013 16:36:19 5,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just had a quick look and apparently these days if the seller has <100 feedback or some other 'qualification' then a hold is placed on the money a buyer sends them for 21 days, which may be speeded up if they receive positive feedback before that or if they can prove delivery.

Glad that doesn't apply to me - it sounds like a right pain, especially if the item is expensive to post. I believe eBay/PayPal still take their fees regardless of the 21 day period, too. :p

On a side note, I found out with a one-off experiment a while back that if you buy/print the postage through eBay, it automatically ticks the 'sent' box, even though you've only paid for the postage, not necessarily put it into the hands of the post office yet.

But anyway, yeah, you do need to get the item before you can leave feedback. They need to put it in the post.

• GuiltySpark 20 Apr 2013 16:46:41 6,399 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It sounds stupidly complex to be honest! I figured the guy was outright lying, but what you said tallies with his account, I guess. He wants me to leave him positive feedback so that he can pay the delivery charge (a tenner).

It's a tenner, just fucking pay it. Unless the guy is a hobo then I'm sure he can stand to be ten quid out of pocket for a few days.

Get bent.

• santashi 20 Apr 2013 17:00:37 5,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Guess it depends if the auction was listed as 'clothes off my back' or 'my granny' or not. :p

I can imagine if you sell a whole bunch of stuff to various people that could stack up to some +£100 price, which would be horrible if it was some kind of emergency fundraising sale and you hadn't realised beforehand.

But they sold it to you, you have sent your money in good faith even if it is currently collecting interest in Paypal/eBay's bank accounts, and so they need to post it.

• pijusgirdziusas 7 Feb 2014 18:04:50 1 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    I do not know if this is the thread im supposed to write, but I shall give it a try. And... Didnt really thought I would ever need to do this, but...

So, I have bought an ozone generator from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/600mg-DIGITAL-OZONE-Generator-Oil-Vegetable-Meat-Fresh-/220809570335?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item336946a81f

Ebay user name is nestcf2009, companys name is Health First Tyne & Wear CIC, Health First UK Ltd or Health First Global. Call it how you want it, the seller is the same.

Story goes like this - ozone generator arrived a few days ago. Today I was about to use it for the first time. But since the package was extremely damaged (ripped hole at the edge of box) and look liked the box was used a lot in a past, I decided to open the ozone generator.

Inside ozone generator i saw that the tube (which pumps out the ozone) was completely brown (we do have the same ozone generator at home and you can get that kind of colour ONLY after using it up to 2 YEARS).

As well micro chips were dirty and sticky, the box was used before. Micro chips were dated 2009 and 2011!!!!

It all shows that this ozone generator was USED!!! NOT new as described before reselling it from some other origin company.

So, BE CAREFUL about NESTCF2009 seller on ebay. Because it might sell you USED products instead of NEW.
  • fakepowerbank 24 Apr 2014 23:05:58 2 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @DUFFMAN5
    U bought a 20000mah powerbank which was fake from ebay seller was uk_lucet i left them negative feedback as it was totally fake and only done one charge of a mobile phone which is a 2000mah battery battery was on 20% when i put on charge .next day powerbank flat and too top it off ebay removed my ndgative feedback for dangerous item avoid seller called uk_lucet .
  • fakepowerbank 24 Apr 2014 23:10:24 2 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Uk_lucet seller of fake powerbanks which are dangerous ebay took the negative feedback away from them even though they could set fire to the building as they are very dangerous and are fake not even 2000mah never mind 20000mah save your time and money .
  • danathjo 1 Jul 2014 21:23:43 7,403 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got a refund after winning a lovely jacket fair and square, once questioned they said they weren't happy without the amount it went for...well tough!

Fuming, really don't like it but I think its time to leave negative feedback.
  • torbjornsverlinger 29 Sep 2014 21:15:10 1 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 14 hours ago
    Seller "wmjh2013" is very bad.
    I bought a battery and after 6 weeks I didnt receive anything..
    I was told tha the custom takes some time for batteries.
    Had a tight communication with seller until the possibility to leave feedback was out. After that no communication has been responded.... :(
    Do never buy from this seller, It is joke!!
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next