Registered 8 years ago
    Someone answer this burning question for me -

Does he have them... in his pants?
  • Triggerhappytel 16 Oct 2012 23:21:16 2,695 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    He can talk to ants too?! He's like the coolest superhero ever!
    "Ants; go steal me a pie from that couple's picnic. I command you."
    Maybe if the villains keep lots of sugar in unsealed containers in their kitchens then Ant Man can get inside information on their lair's layout.
  • beastmaster 20 Mar 2013 14:07:17 11,807 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bootleg teaser here! Quality poor but still looks great

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• TheSaint 20 Mar 2013 14:24:38 14,724 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was at the show last night where Edgar Wright previewed that teaser. It looked very impressive.
  • Tryhard 20 Mar 2013 14:40:39 4,222 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why doesn't Ant Man go into his enemies ear hole while ant size, then go large?
  • DFawkes 20 Mar 2013 14:49:40 23,819 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I suppose he could, if Marvel were okay with it being a very violent film with head-splosions in it.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Humperfunk 20 Mar 2013 14:50:46 2,396 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    dananananananana Aaaant Maaaaan!

Who?

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• neilka 20 Mar 2013 14:53:33 16,470 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Baddies confirmed as Jam-Jar, Magnifyo and "The Kettle".

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• YenRug 13 Jan 2014 21:05:38 2,394 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/13/michael-douglas-to-play-hank-pym-in-marvels-ant-man

Michael Douglas to Play Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man
    Edgar Wright’s superhero heist picture to feature two Ant-Men!
    by Scott Collura
    January 13, 2014

Edgar Wright and Marvel have landed a high-profile casting get with Michael Douglas now set to play Hank Pym in Ant-Man.

Douglas, who just won a Golden Globe last night for his turn as Liberace in Behind the Candelabra, brings yet another level of esteem (and name-power) to Marvel’s output, following in the footsteps of actors like Robert Redford and Glenn Close who are also in upcoming Marvel films.

The actor joins writer-director Wright and Paul Rudd, who will play Scott Lang, the “main” Ant-Man in the film from what we can gather. But Douglas’ Hank Pym was the original Ant-Man, in the comics anyway, and it seems likely that this will also be the case in the film. (Lang eventually stole the Ant-Man suit from Pym and in time took over the role from Pym.)

Marvel themselves dropped the casting news today, bypassing the standard industry trades (as is their method these days), but interestingly Variety’s initial report indicated that Douglas would be playing the villain in the film. Within minutes, however, that report was changed to say that Douglas was playing Hank Pym, with no mention of the role being villainous. Hmmm. Did Variety let the cat out of the bag too soon? I mean, if Lang steals Pym’s suit, doesn’t that potentially set up an adversarial relationship between the characters?

Meanwhile, Edgar Wright himself tweeted a link to an ancient interview from 2006 that he did with the incomparable Ed Douglas from Superhero Hype, where the director specifically said he wanted to have an older Hank Pym and flashback to him in the 1960s to show the original Ant-Man. Which sounds awesome.

As always, every bit of news that emerges on these Marvel projects seems to raise even more questions. Ant-Man hits on July 31, 2015!
  • MatMan562 13 Jan 2014 21:17:55 2,554 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    As always, every bit of news that emerges on these Marvel projects seems to raise even more questions. Ant-Man hits on July 31, 2015!
    That can't be right, surely? The Avengers: Age of Ultron is out in May, I assumed Ant Man would be out in November. Don't really see why they'd release it so soon... unless they're hoping to capitalise on the inevitable hype built up around the Avengers I guess.

I'm actually quite looking forward to this, seems like the sort of thing that, because no one expects anything good from it, will surprise people by actually being alright. At the very least it should entertain me for a couple hours.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• LockeTribal 13 Jan 2014 23:03:40 4,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this news. Douglas could play a decent old Hank Pym.
  • LockeTribal 13 Jan 2014 23:48:12 4,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd be concerned that if it was a Hank Pym story it would just be him inventing Pym particles and the ant helmet for half the movie. Might still end up that way of course but having Lang as the lead means they could nearly skip over all of that and lead with him stealing the suit/Pym particles/whatever.

But yes it does mean we'll probably get another sarcastic superhero. Although I do like Paul Rudd so I'm willing to give him a chance.
  • Ryze 14 Jan 2014 00:38:24 3,147 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't wait for this. I'm really interested to know if they'll show much of him in the Avengers film. Having them so close together will be fantastic, as the worst part of all of this is waiting so long for the next film!

We've only got Guardians and Captain Cheese this year. I wonder how they'll turn out. The last Cap trailer looked pretty good to be honest.

I do wonder which film will be announced this year for 2016? Panther? Who else is meant to be getting their own film? Which characters are missing from the Avengers, who aren't licenced out?
  • BinaryBob101 14 Jan 2014 08:07:02 24,113 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Doctor Strange with Johnny Depp? Ugh.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• TheMayorOfJugs 14 Jan 2014 09:20:59 4,318 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    A young Morgan Freeman would've made an excellent Black Panther
  • PearOfAnguish 14 Jan 2014 10:32:28 7,463 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I think people are expecting Doctor Strange, Black Panther and The Inhumans after the current raft of films
    This may depend on how well Guardians of the Galaxy does. It's a pretty major departure from anything they've done so far, and if it comes off we'll hopefully start to see some of the more out-there stuff like The Inhumans and Doctor Strange.

But yes it does mean we'll probably get another sarcastic superhero. Although I do like Paul Rudd so I'm willing to give him a chance.
    They can do a sequel based on Irredeemable Ant-Man, show the powers being used to spy on women in the shower etc.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 10:33:32 14-01-2014
  • BinaryBob101 23 May 2014 21:23:22 24,113 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Edgar Wright has quit as director of Ant Man, citing creative differences:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/ant-man/30669/edgar-wright-quits-marvels-ant-man-movie

What a shame.

Edited by BinaryBob101 at 21:50:15 23-05-2014

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deckard1 23 May 2014 21:44:39 29,191 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    NOT ANT MAN !

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• BinaryBob101 23 May 2014 21:49:34 24,113 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Come on, if anybody's gonna make a decent stab at this ridiculous property it's him.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Aargh, 23 May 2014 21:54:08 292 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago

Operating systems complete me

• Whizzo 23 May 2014 22:14:39 43,275 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pretty strange thing to happen, he's been working on it for years, it's a daft property and isn't going to be a hit like the more mainstream Marvel stuff as well so being a bit different couldn't have done any harm.

This space left intentionally blank.

• beastmaster 24 May 2014 09:16:55 11,807 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Marvel/Disney want to make a fuckton of money from it. Obviously Marvel decided the direction the film was going was 'wrong'.

I suspect Wright was delivering a darker version of what Marvel wanted.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• modula 24 May 2014 10:04:57 264 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Daaaamn. That takes the number of
    Marvel films I could give a fuck about seeing to 0; wright seemed a perfect fit for this...
  • faux-C 24 May 2014 11:46:54 9,536 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whedon's twitter Cornetto solidarity pic is pretty cool.
  • jablonski 24 May 2014 11:48:43 4,543 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Marvel/Disney want to make a fuckton of money from it. Obviously Marvel decided the direction the film was going was 'wrong'.

I thought Scott Pilgrim was fucking awful, so his departure is no bad thing to me
  • faux-C 24 May 2014 11:50:04 9,536 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:

I thought Scott Pilgrim was fucking awful, so his departure is no bad thing to me
    An awful version of the books or just pure awful?
  • brokenkey 24 May 2014 12:09:58 7,124 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I never read the source material, but that film was shit.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• BadMonkey 24 May 2014 12:40:22 82 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't help thinking that Marvel want a generic super hero movie, and what we were gonna get was an Edgar Wright movie. Look at the directors they hire, there isn't an ounce of style in the lot of them. They even hired Louis Leterrier and he couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag! Shane Black seemed to be an experiment with style (and obviously RDJ played a huge part in that), and whilst I personally loved a Shane Black movie with Iron Man lots of people didn't. Maybe Marvel just want a guy who can shoot coverage, y'know?
  • Page

of 4 First / Last