Battlefield 4 Page 31

• Page

of 279 First / Last

• Tryhard 5 Oct 2013 11:04:19 3,976 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Anyone else spent ages attacking team mates because they weren't showing as team mates?!?
    Yep,you constantly have to look at the mini map to not waste your bullets.
    If it is at long range,well you're pretty screwed.

Added to the list of vehicles that I posted earlier that current gen do not get is jet skis.That would have been a bit more fun to keep in for crossing the water don't you think Dice?

Edited by Tryhard at 11:05:35 05-10-2013
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Oct 2013 11:14:27 2,434 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Well I'm happy to get crapped on rather than spend 400+ just to play a game with more players.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Oct 2013 11:15:57 2,434 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Do you lot getting hysterical over the graphics in the PS3/360 beta not remember that BF3 came with an HD texture pack that you could install? Else the graphics in that game would look as bad they do in the beta of this one?

On top of that - it's a beta. Yes it's still partly a marketing tool but there's a reason they call it a beta not a demo.
    I wouldnt worry. We had all this with the BF3 beta. It seems a lot of people who play consoles don't quite understand the difference between a demo and a beta. Plus they seem to think the only benefit of playing on PC is the player count.

• Tryhard 5 Oct 2013 11:30:17 3,976 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Choppi wrote:
    Well I'm happy to get crapped on rather than spend 400+ just to play a game with more players.
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    You love jumping to conclusions about people,calling me a pc elitist when I am playing on 360.And Choppi a troll who is a BF fan.
  • Syrette 5 Oct 2013 11:50:31 43,477 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    are you talking 360 mate? As im pretty sure my BF3 beta on ps3 looked identical to the finished product, and that I never had to install a txture pack
    Yeah, 360, sorry. Wasn't sure about the PS3 version.

Going to download the PS3 beta of BF3 methinks, in order to compare the two consoles.

• Pumpatron 5 Oct 2013 16:28:44 374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm actually enjoying the beta.

But then I went into it without any expectations, I'm not a Battlefield player, I tried one of them a few years ago but didn't get on with it - I just seemed to constantly get sniped a minute after spawning. Yay!

But I was board/curious so thought I'd give this a try. It looks a bag of arseholes in some places, but for me it has been smooth, glitch free and fun. I was pleasantly surprised to find I wasn't just spawning, moving to the objective then dying over and over, but was actually able to do ok.
  • oceanmotion 5 Oct 2013 16:45:31 15,951 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Had a go on the 360 Beta.

Initial impressions, actually not that bad. Looks rough in places and there is pop in but not god awful looking. Lack of players does suck, you can easily just run about for ages and not see anyone as they're on the sky scraper or C. Game is smooth at least.

Controls, fuck knows. Have they changed them. Not sliding into them easily which is a bit frustrating. Running out of ammo easily and because you hardly see people, getting supplies is tough even when people are around. I couldn't tell you the control to do so. I've lost all BF3 knowledge.

Jump in helicopter, crash. Good old BF for me. Does seem a little easier to control funnily enough. The second time I got in one, I managed to get around for a few mins but lost all direction when trying to kill people.

The menus don't sit right with me, far too many levels and different parts, just confusing. Still that annoying after game time when you can't do anything but check stats.

Edited by oceanmotion at 16:49:01 05-10-2013
  • Deleted user 5 October 2013 16:53:16
    Yeah ammo a issue, I've run out of all ammo several times and as the battle is a ghost town you can't get more. Agree re menus as well, all over the place.

Just change all the controls to veteran.
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2013 16:59:04 7,319 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Pumpatron

Playing on console are you? Much better game with a higher player count for next gens and PC. Looks great on PC and if next gen consoles are playing this at 720p and same quality of graphics at 60FPS then everyone will be in for a treat

Edited by fletch7100 at 17:01:42 05-10-2013
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2013 17:01:55 7,319 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't get the hate towards recon having C4, im perfectly fine with it, goes back to BC2 recon and a mixture of BF2 sniper/spec ops classes. There will be only 2 vanilla maps which will offer this type of different amount of urban battle height options for infantry(siege of Shanghai and Dawnbreaker) plus looks like there won't be any other style maps like those until the Dragons teeth DLC

Plus once you have all the unlocks available(only a couple in Beta) recons have to choose 2 from PLD,C4,motion sensor balls,tugs,spawn beacon, Soflam,Mav,claymore so it will be a balancing act for how you want to play the game.
  • Tryhard 5 Oct 2013 17:11:41 3,976 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Don't get the hate towards recon having C4,
    Recon are bloody deadly now if you are in a vehicle.Especially on this map.Because they are sitting somewhere on a tower top sniping where you don't expect them to be.And they just chute down and drop some c4 on your arse before you know it.

Until you unlock the proximity scanner you are just a sitting duck from every angle.I would get my tank unlocks on a more open battlefield than this map when the PS4 version is released.
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2013 17:16:55 7,319 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Been having fun using the tanks on this map, players are limited to what gadgets they have so will abuse what they have got

Got my tank unlocks pretty quickly on this map( higher player count more points). Only been C4 twice in a tank rest of the time RPGs or other tanks
  • Pumpatron 5 Oct 2013 17:30:37 374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @fletch7100

Yeah, I'm on 360. I'm in no rush to upgrade to the next gen, and my pc would cry if I tired to play it. So if I was to get the game it'd probably be on 360. Though it does look amazing on next gens and pc, I love the weather effects.

Even though I'm having fun with the beta I'm not sure I'll buy the game. I tend to get bored/frustrated with mp after a while.
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2013 17:34:55 7,319 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Pumpatron

Guess there will be plenty of other EGers playing this online. Only thing that really keeps these games fresh is the social side of it. I Remember the days of BC2 every night with other EGers, if we could have a 32 EGer side for BF4 :)

Edited by fletch7100 at 17:35:45 05-10-2013
  • Tryhard 5 Oct 2013 21:03:21 3,976 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    See what fun we could have had if we had jet skis on the sloppy second version.
  • ecureuil 5 Oct 2013 21:05:40 76,812 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @Pumpatron

Guess there will be plenty of other EGers playing this online. Only thing that really keeps these games fresh is the social side of it. I Remember the days of BC2 every night with other EGers, if we could have a 32 EGer side for BF4 :)
    Why bother playing the game when you can spend all night on EG bitching about it?
  • andytheadequate 5 Oct 2013 21:17:36 8,178 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @Pumpatron

The joy of the BC2 nights was that it wasn't even at launch, people still played it every night 10 months after it was released.

Shall we try and get an EG game together tomorrow night? What format does everyone play on? And if on pc, what voice comms should we use...?
  • oceanmotion 5 Oct 2013 21:29:42 15,951 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Christ, I'm awful at this. What a run of terrible games.

One highlight was jumping off after an enemy on the tower then what I imagine, the person not figuring out the parachute button yet. Thought I was going to pull off some free falling Bond kill but just a Point Break moment with a splat.
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2013 21:40:02 7,319 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @andytheadequate

It was the banter that kept the games fresh, even if on rush we still played the maps out pretty much the same way it was the social side that kept it fun for me. Also acids love of BC2 Vietnam :)

Can only play Monday or Wednesday nights, working night shifts all the time. May chuck this job just I get one with a more friendly evening gaming social standard :)

Still have to get chat sorted out for my PC. Will be able To play BC2 on 360 or PC
  • TheRealBadabing 5 Oct 2013 21:44:32 1,314 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pretty sure I'm well above minimum spec for this but even dropping the gfx options to low or off, then reducing the resolution to ZX Spectrum levels, I'm still getting single digit FPS.

Any good guides where the problems currently lie for the PC version?
  • fletch7100 5 Oct 2013 21:48:52 7,319 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TheRealBadabing

No idea to be honest, I'm having no problems with updated drivers. Even Titan owners are complaint about low FPS. I'm getting a decent framerate on high and no dramas. DICE have said they may release a PC patch for beta.
  • Tryhard 5 Oct 2013 21:56:00 3,976 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well my wife is playing on 360 now and it looks a bit better visually than when I was on it.The textures seem to be loading in quicker.

Two good points,bloody lovely not to notice any suppression anymore.
    And have not noticed any audio loss while I was in a tank like BF3 always used to do.

Roll on Nov 29th.
  • TheRealBadabing 5 Oct 2013 21:57:29 1,314 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @fletch7100 I'm all up-to-date on the driver side. Might have to try the beta catalysts and see if they do anything, though I doubt they will make a 30+ fps difference.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Oct 2013 22:00:11 2,434 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @Pumpatron

The joy of the BC2 nights was that it wasn't even at launch, people still played it every night 10 months after it was released.

Shall we try and get an EG game together tomorrow night? What format does everyone play on? And if on pc, what voice comms should we use...?
    I do miss the EG BC2 thursday nights. This was one reason I'm thinking of getting it on 360 rather than PC. The PC version may well be far superior visually and have a larger player count for the maps, but the joy of BF doesn't come from either of those things, really.

As for organizing a night for BF3, I'd be up for it on PC. Not too sure about comms, think I'd have to shift the PC downstairs for the evening as it's at my bedroom desk atm. I know full well my comms would wake the boys up next door and keep the wife up.

The wife also ran my PC headphone lead over with the Dyson this morning. Luckily although it ripped the casing of the lead, no internal wires were cut. I'd have kept her up with the speakers most of the bloody night if she'd fucked them up. "Well you ran my headphone's over!" Would be my reply to all complaints.

She still hates EGGMILF.

• GD71 6 Oct 2013 08:47:28 36 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    So anyone in here have views on BF4 for PS4 at launch? Been reading a lot of mixed views of the Beta. I tend to play only a few hours a week, and BF4 will be vying for my attention from a pile of games across both next gen consoles. Is it a game that demands regular play to have any chance online, or can I dip in and out an hour or so a week and enjoy it? I'm debating cancelling BF4 and picking up the completely different DR3 instead.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2013 08:59:38
    Bf is fine to play occasionally but only after the first ten or so hours, only due to scope unlocks etc. It is harder with no unlocks but still a lot of fun and will be excellent on ps4 I'm sure.
  • fletch7100 6 Oct 2013 09:25:19 7,319 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @GD71

Well I think if you preorder from Game they are having a double xp launch weekend. Can have a quick look at the classes find your favourite style and get your gadgets unlocked a bit quicker. Gadgets unlock via class and xp you gain, weapon accessories you get via kills with that weapon. This time around I'm mainly staying with default weapons. I have been enjoying the starting kits weapons in the beta

There are battle packs bit like the ones in Mass effect 3 Mp, some of them contain xp boosts which last for a hour of game time, plus they have random accessories for weapons.

Main differences of views is that in enjoying it on PC looks great and 64 players, current gen consoles with 24 players not as good with conquest on same map. 64 players on PS4 will be a great experience.

Edited by fletch7100 at 09:27:39 06-10-2013

Edited by fletch7100 at 09:28:09 06-10-2013
  • fletch7100 6 Oct 2013 09:44:17 7,319 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For you jets lovers out there, on the console versions look at the vehicle progression screen. Will show upgrades for stealth and ground attack jets. Looks like jets will radar guided missiles, keep the lock on the target for missiles to hit. Ground attack jets will have JDAM bomb guess that be free fall like BF2 and 1943 plus be laser guided as well
  • GD71 6 Oct 2013 09:52:55 36 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Cheers guys.
  • fletch7100 6 Oct 2013 09:56:02 7,319 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @GD71

Plus there will be plenty of EGers playing this on ps4. Much better game running about in a squad of 5 EGers
  • Page

of 279 First / Last