Battlefield 4 Page 30

• Page

of 275 First / Last

• Deleted user 4 October 2013 22:32:11
    Cos better graphics make for a better game obvs.
  • Tryhard 4 Oct 2013 22:38:00 3,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd rather it look like Bad Company 2 and ran smoothly.Than trying to give the Xbox a heart attack.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2013 22:52:49
    Wtf it actually looks like a xbox game, not a xbox 360 game. Why the f would you do this beta? I'm a major bf fan and I have the game on pre order but this???

Also talk about tight on the ammo front, I'm always out of ammo!
    I like the new hold lb for orders/asking for help. Spawning is also better, intact there are some great new things. Shame it looks about the same as the original splinter cell.

Edited by Choppi at 22:55:47 04-10-2013
  • neilka 4 Oct 2013 23:09:52 15,831 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A more cynical man might say they'd deliberately gimped it to make the next gen versions look that much better by comparison...
  • Tryhard 4 Oct 2013 23:13:19 3,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The pc version even gets quads.So current gen version has boats, IFV's, quads,and transport heli's removed.Give us all the freaking options to use what we want FFS.
  • JYM60 4 Oct 2013 23:18:13 16,808 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can tell this is going to be an awesome game on next gen, and a decent game on current gen. But this beta is shocking.

Had two good games, then just a mess. It's like one of those shitty games by one of those unheard of devs, where the game is just broken and not playable. Unplayable lag, people disappearing, reappearing, not being able to move, team mates disguised as enemies, guns not even shooting, guns continuously shooting, but hitting nothing, froze...went back on after reseting PS3, froze again within 5 minutes.
    Tank controls are awful too.

Compared to the BF3 'beta', this is bad. Because it's not really much of a beta. We know these are used as demos basically. This will not be convincing doubters, which is disappointing after all the hype about BF killing COD.

Not a big deal to me though. I know this will be epic on PS4, the map is really good. Will be day 1 on PS4 and can't wait for it. Just hope it's not broken.

Edited by JYM60 at 23:18:49 04-10-2013

Edited by JYM60 at 23:19:45 04-10-2013

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Tryhard 4 Oct 2013 23:25:56 3,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @JYM60 Exactly, while I was playing it on 360,I was thinking PS4,PS4,64 players to get me through it.I do not give a crap if I am going to do badly.Just want to taste a fully populated Battlefield map,with loads of vehicles and explosions everywhere.

I feel current gen BF players are being dumped on.Like getting sloppy seconds,from the pc and next gen version.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2013 23:49:39
    Well I'm happy to get crapped on rather than spend 400+ just to play a game with more players.
  • JYM60 4 Oct 2013 23:51:35 16,808 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In many countries you would have to pay that much to get crapped on.

• mrpon 4 Oct 2013 23:53:15 28,717 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My buttocks are splayed.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Syrette 4 Oct 2013 23:53:45 43,244 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do you lot getting hysterical over the graphics in the PS3/360 beta not remember that BF3 came with an HD texture pack that you could install? Else the graphics in that game would look as bad they do in the beta of this one?

On top of that - it's a beta. Yes it's still partly a marketing tool but there's a reason they call it a beta not a demo.

• killersrquiet 4 Oct 2013 23:54:52 1,941 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ive played some crappy dice demo/beta's before but this takes the crown of terrible. it looks woeful and some textures clearly arent added which is worrying so close to release. the controls and layout were clearly designed by a blind chimp. scoreboard moved. land vehicle driving now appears to copy halo.

this is a great advert for next gen, i hope the final build is better than this rubbish
  • JYM60 4 Oct 2013 23:58:19 16,808 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    On top of that - it's a beta. Yes it's still partly a marketing tool but there's a reason they call it a beta not a demo.
    So if it's a mess, they can say it's a beta.

• Deleted user 5 October 2013 00:02:15
    Have previous betas been drastically different to the final thing?
  • JYM60 5 Oct 2013 00:10:05 16,808 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BF3 was practically identical. There might have been a couple of changes, but the only one I can remember from beta to launch game was the UMP getting nerfed.

• macmurphy 5 Oct 2013 00:30:47 999 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was bad company 2 not a beta? That was all sorts of awesome.

On this I remember sniping and you just couldn't see who was who. Gray foggy mess for most of the map. Also negligible bullet drop shooting from up high it appears. Some smart bloke can probably tell me if that's true to life shooting from height, but I remember playing on 1943 and thinking sniping and bullet drop were awesome, felt very true to life (I have shot a rifle, but not from a skyscraper. It's on the to do list). Years later and they have fucked it up. So much wrong with it.

Seems like they have just cuffed the current gen releases to make up for loss of sales on the smaller install base of next gen machines, but it seems from reading on here that they are hurting the brand.

Excited for it if I can get a next gen console, but this version seems a bit pony.

Edited by macmurphy at 00:31:43 05-10-2013
  • Deleted user 5 October 2013 00:45:38
    Well you guys have really sold it to me over CoD.
  • bbvDJC 5 Oct 2013 00:46:39 1,710 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    As I said in an earlier post I've played a newer build (although on xb1) and it's about a million times better.
  • Iain815 5 Oct 2013 02:09:56 410 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just popped onto an empty server to get a feel for everything. I'm really liking the pop-out cover feature. While it looks identical to BF3, I have to admit it's does feel a little different, which is good. Deploy menu etc is nice as well.

However...

I can play BF3 up ultra at near 60FPS. This pretty much looks identical. So why does it run like complete dog shit? Frostbite 3 can't be that much of a leap. Stuttering, laggy, the whole works.

It also got stuck on the loading screen, twice. And this.. "fuzzy" effect they have overlaying the menus is annoying as fuck.

Edited by Iain815 at 02:13:23 05-10-2013
  • Bananazniper 5 Oct 2013 02:15:07 604 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Iain815
    Yeah the game feels a lot slower paced than BF3 and more tactical. I think it's a step in the right direction - further away from CoD. Regarding the technical issues, Dice will sort them out. The BF3 Beta ran like a bag of shite too.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 5 Oct 2013 03:29:17 705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @macmurphy have done an open day shooting at Bisley before (fucking good day out if you have the chance!) I  shot a sniper rifle on the 1000 yard range, the teacher said the bullet goes about 20 foot above the bullseye (wind depending)
    This will  explain http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect

Arsechickens

• muttler 5 Oct 2013 07:43:01 3,976 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hang on, how does this game look shit all of a sudden?  At the Expo on XB1 it looked brilliant.
  • Syrette 5 Oct 2013 08:19:28 43,244 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Because the final game will have an HD texture pack for you to install

• Gambit1977 5 Oct 2013 08:36:33 9,583 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Because the final game will have an HD texture pack for you to install
    are you talking 360 mate? As im pretty sure my BF3 beta on ps3 looked identical to the finished product, and that I never had to install a txture pack
  • macmurphy 5 Oct 2013 08:55:03 999 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ILoveThrashMetal wrote:
    @macmurphy have done an open day shooting at Bisley before (fucking good day out if you have the chance!) I  shot a sniper rifle on the 1000 yard range, the teacher said the bullet goes about 20 foot above the bullseye (wind depending)
    This will  explain http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect
    Thanks for the info. I think (think) that's about deflection. All I remember is you have to adjust for height at different ranges due to bullet drop - it doesn't have a flat trajectory. Without over complicating it, I just remember on 1943 and BC2 that you would remember how much higher or lower you had to aim off at certain ranges, so say sniping from the house with the gun emplacement up to snipers on Noob mountain you aimed at the top of the spotting triangle.

Great feeling to nail a headshot, great way to reward thinking players, great way to convey the satisfaction of shooting a rifle well. Perfect bit of gaming, simplifying and distiling the essence of an action so anyone can do it but it still feels satisfying and realistic. Wii bowling for the shooter fans.

Just felt a lot better than COD, now it feels like COD.
  • TheDarkKnight 5 Oct 2013 08:55:34 694 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I have to say it certainly hasn't grabbed me and yeah, the thought of cancel my pre-order has occurred to me, but I have no doubt I will love this game. BF3 didn't strike me well in the beta, I didn't like it much at all, but have since put in hundreds of hours.

Just downloading on PS3, interested to compare versions, just in case I fancy playing it in bedroom too.

A silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight. Twitch PSN The_Apostle

• fletch7100 5 Oct 2013 09:31:23 7,158 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BF moment, base jumped off building overlooking Metro flag, open parachute last second manage to fall through the skylight above the flag shoot a surprised enemy in the face then captured the flag :)

Massive battle at the bridge, using locked on RPGs aim towards the sky when you fire, missile does bit extra damage when hitting tanks on the top. Looks like tow missiles can lock onto laser marked targets as well
  • Deleted user 5 October 2013 09:50:29
    Anyone else spent ages attacking team mates because they weren't showing as team mates?!?
  • captbirdseye 5 Oct 2013 10:45:01 4,845 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Should rename this Battlefield Recon 4. Seriously retarded giving Recon C4 aswell.
  • macmurphy 5 Oct 2013 10:45:29 999 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    Anyone else spent ages attacking team mates because they weren't showing as team mates?!?
    Yup. Especially at a distance.
  • Page

of 275 First / Last