Battlefield 4 Page 271

• Page

of 283 First / Last

• ubergine 2 Aug 2014 12:25:47 2,908 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It just seems very odd to me that there is ZERO chatter, its statistically unlikely. I don't even know if my new headset even works yet.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• H1ggyLTD 2 Aug 2014 13:08:08 1,947 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There is very little general chatter on the game, in my experience.
  • Nades 2 Aug 2014 13:17:09 1,689 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, the only time I hear someone is on Kinect, and they probably dont even realise it has a mic on it.

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• mattk84 2 Aug 2014 15:54:02 589 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    I loved the times before parties. Much better with loads of people speaking. Had so much more of a community feel to it (Xbox Live).
    Agree 100%.
    BFMC on 360 was awesome. Many more people talking and I was forever giving advanced warning on enemies.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Nades 2 Aug 2014 16:01:10 1,689 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mattk84 wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    I loved the times before parties. Much better with loads of people speaking. Had so much more of a community feel to it (Xbox Live).
    Agree 100%.
    BFMC on 360 was awesome. Many more people talking and I was forever giving advanced warning on enemies.
    Party chats are great, but maybe they should exit you out of chat if you go MP, not SP.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• ecu 2 Aug 2014 19:43:51 77,338 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I haven't had a decent online voice chat experience since Project Gotham 2 on the original Xbox.
  • mattk84 2 Aug 2014 20:21:29 589 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    It just seems very odd to me that there is ZERO chatter, its statistically unlikely. I don't even know if my new headset even works yet.
    When I first used mine I was gibbering away with no responses for ages. I had to actually ask for a mic check to get a response!
    Party chat has killed online cooperation. Most of my FL on 360 was compromised of people met thru online chat but that opportunity just doesn't arise now.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• bigdan1035 2 Aug 2014 20:23:13 58 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You're lucky if people spot enemies, let alone be in chat!
  • ubergine 2 Aug 2014 21:02:52 2,908 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bigdan1035 wrote:
    You're lucky if people spot enemies, let alone be in chat!
    I smash that spot button all the time! It's annoying if I become squad leader because then it gives orders when I'm just trying to spot.

I've had some proof at least that others can hear me. Had some clown sending me abuse until I blocked him because I'd commented on his driving. Weird thing was he seemed to have a mic yet sent text messages and this was during matches.

Edited by ubergine at 21:05:59 02-08-2014

• andy10 2 Aug 2014 21:50:54 128 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No-one likes a backseat driver - least of all in Battlefield 4. What did he do wrong? Forget to use the indicators before turning?

Having said that, I do get irritated when I spawn on a squadmate who proceeds to beach their jetski on a remote island and buckle down for some long-range sniping, leaving me with a long swim back to shore...
  • mattk84 2 Aug 2014 22:08:45 589 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andy10 wrote:
    No-one likes a backseat driver - least of all in Battlefield 4. What did he do wrong? Forget to use the indicators before turning?

Having said that, I do get irritated when I spawn on a squadmate who proceeds to beach their jetski on a remote island and buckle down for some long-range sniping, leaving me with a long swim back to shore...
    Knife it back into the water.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• andy10 2 Aug 2014 22:25:23 128 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mattk84 Thanks - I mean totally beached, beyond knifing. Or kamikaze helicopter pilots who just want to drop on unreachable buildings.
  • ubergine 3 Aug 2014 03:01:46 2,908 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You are a bad driver in Halo, Battlefield etc when you simply stop for a period long enough to get your gunners picked off or blown up.

I expect I said "Don't stop moving! We'll die! (boat explodes) Like that!"

• Nades 3 Aug 2014 12:02:56 1,689 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    You are a bad driver in Halo, Battlefield etc when you simply stop for a period long enough to get your gunners picked off or blown up.

I expect I said "Don't stop moving! We'll die! (boat explodes) Like that!"
    Yep, and dont forget about those people who think its a brilliant idea to try splattering/running everyone over. Gets on my nerves

Liverpool FC
    _______

• H1ggyLTD 4 Aug 2014 21:53:12 1,947 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    I'm on ONE.

Have tried what matey-boy said on the last page.

We'll see how that goes.
    Nope.

My latest theory is that it resets your loadouts every time you unlock a weapon.

Beyond a piss take.
  • Nades 4 Aug 2014 21:56:23 1,689 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mine seem to be alright at the moment. I think going on the site helps somehow....really is a joke. I've actually been on Ghosts much more lately, the shot registration is impressive to say the least especially compared to this.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• ecu 4 Aug 2014 22:04:27 77,338 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Because it uses hitscan..

That said, I really don't have much of a problem with hit registration in BF4 (PS4), it's playing really solid right now, for me at least. My biggest complaints now are just game design choices, such as the commander (should be scrapped entirely), the rubbish squad perk system and the overall rather average map design.
  • mattk84 5 Aug 2014 13:07:42 589 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Commander is poorly implemented.
    If only 1 team has a commander I don't think they should be allowed the cruise missiles or AC130 as it gives too much of an advantage.
    If 2 commanders are in the game you end up just chasing each other round the map creating a stalemate.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Nades 5 Aug 2014 15:13:22 1,689 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hmmm, yesterday I decided to join a 1 bar connection game just to see how much of a joke the lag is, turned out to be the best connection I've played on in ages, been purposely playing on 1 bar connections since and it seems better. WTF is happening? O.O

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Tryhard 5 Aug 2014 15:16:52 4,302 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BF4 lag compensation,gives you an advantage over players with lower ping.
  • ecu 5 Aug 2014 18:56:05 77,338 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://gfycat.com/SimpleOrangeCuckoo
  • Nades 5 Aug 2014 20:25:43 1,689 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bet he felt like a right tit haha.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Nades 7 Aug 2014 20:33:07 1,689 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    September update:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/battlefield_4/news/next_battlefield_4_title_update_detailed_due_in_september.html

Seems pretty good, hope I can tell a difference in the netcode this time and I'll be happy, although with Destiny that month, my interest might not be with BF4.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• H1ggyLTD 7 Aug 2014 21:07:59 1,947 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok so today, Loadouts had reset before i'd even started (having rectified them online after i'd quit last session).

Had a look online and some were saying that the issus is to do with cloud syncs, and if you set the loadouts in-game, then go to the in-game options and change the volume or sensitivity a little - this forces a hard save to the cloud which sorts the issue.

We'll see.
  • Nades 7 Aug 2014 21:16:45 1,689 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I doubt it, surprised there isn't a fix for it in the update.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• mattk84 7 Aug 2014 22:43:14 589 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nothing in the update about making games playable from the start I see. Still have to wait a minute for audio and textures to kick in.
    NS maps are horrible for that.

Still on a break from BF and I honestly don't know if I will return. Almost 1 year since launch and not only updates but updates of updates!
    I might be tempted to return if they fixed the chat icons but they haven't and probably won't.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• ecu 7 Aug 2014 22:43:21 77,338 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Apparently that fix DOES work.
  • riz23 8 Aug 2014 11:31:20 1,475 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So annoying that loadout resetting. As for chatting I never used to chat, but now I just chat all the time. Get out of the chopper, I'm repairing the chopper so please don't bail mr.pilot. Stop moving the tank so I can repair/shoot this guy.Where are we going? There is a sniper up there etc. but rarely do I get any response. I dont care any more I just keep talking because I'm sure it's useful for the squad. I just wish ppl would talk to me.

GT: oldskooldeano

• Nades 8 Aug 2014 11:38:17 1,689 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's a shame BF (and other games) don't have a search option to search for players with mics and out of chat. Reach done it although them days I wasn't bothered to try it out.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• ecu 8 Aug 2014 12:51:32 77,338 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Apparently double xp is active already. Anyone played today to find out?
  • Page

of 283 First / Last