Battlefield 4 Page 27

• Page

of 278 First / Last

• ecureuil 1 Oct 2013 23:34:24 76,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    Anthony_UK wrote:
    I know it's not a demo, but the 360 beta will put plenty off the full game.
    People said this exact same thing about the Battlfield 3 beta as well, which if anything had more issues (clipping through the world etc). It's a beta and it'll be fine.
    I'm enjoying the beta, but I knew I would, I'm predictable when it comes to BF :p
    Ya gonna be on next gen?
  • Pinky_Floyd 1 Oct 2013 23:35:57 7,683 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ecureuil choice is bad, since when?  Offering a more precise input to everyone is bad also?

Does not compute.  Pc can use control pad or mouse.  See?  Choice is good :)

You are right though, will probably be the PC version for me though may still dabble in the console version as have a few friends who play on both.
  • ecureuil 1 Oct 2013 23:47:04 76,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Because it splits the userbase and makes the game shitty for people who don't want to use a mouse. I like console because I prefer a controller and that everyone I'm playing against is on the same level.
  • Pinky_Floyd 1 Oct 2013 23:52:50 7,683 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ecureuil yeah I know the old arguments.  Basically, its not fair waaaaaah.

Have to live with it I suppose :)
  • psychokitten Moderator 1 Oct 2013 23:53:37 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    Anthony_UK wrote:
    I know it's not a demo, but the 360 beta will put plenty off the full game.
    People said this exact same thing about the Battlfield 3 beta as well, which if anything had more issues (clipping through the world etc). It's a beta and it'll be fine.
    I'm enjoying the beta, but I knew I would, I'm predictable when it comes to BF :p
    Ya gonna be on next gen?
    Likely, though I don't know when, this gen is going to be complicated with everyone all split out :(
  • MatMan562 2 Oct 2013 00:07:00 2,406 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    After playing a dissapointing game of this earlier, mostly due to completely unstable fps even after dropping the video settings to 'low' I just went back on to it to try again. This time I noticed that the 'Low' setting doesn't put everywthing all the way down so I changed it to custom and put it down ot it's bare minimum. At first I thought this had broken the textures completely as all the roads were completely white but apparently that's because the skyscraper had fallen (looks pretty stupid imo but maybe that's because I'm on the lowest settings). But dropping down to these settings gave me a mostly stable game and, bizzarely, a crisper deploy screen.

I played just under 2 games (the second game crashed right towards the end) and really enjoyed them. All the changes from BF3 I've noticed have been good and helped to improve the game and, now I've got a stable fps, it is in very good shape for a beta. I'll be getting this on PS4 as my K+M skills aren't great and I'll have a few friends on there to play with. I probably wont play much more of the Beta now so I don't over do it and am bored of it by the time it's released.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• ecureuil 2 Oct 2013 00:17:32 76,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    @ecureuil yeah I know the old arguments.  Basically, its not fair waaaaaah.

Have to live with it I suppose :)
    It is a legitimate point though. It'd make the game awful for anyone not using a mouse.

Why not just play on PC?
  • Pinky_Floyd 2 Oct 2013 00:21:00 7,683 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ecureuil Have a good bunch of friends both on console and pc.  Played bf3 on both, but playing with the keyboard and mouse is just preference, been doing it that way since the quake days. 

Its not because I suck with a pad, oh no, its not that.  Not that at all.  Definitely not.
  • TheMilkman 2 Oct 2013 00:26:05 205 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You can use a keyboard and mouse on the ps3 on unreal tournament 3. You can also play against PC players.

Stuff like that just vanished as the gen went on.
  • Tryhard 2 Oct 2013 00:30:53 3,905 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nice action
    slowmo vid

Edited by Tryhard at 00:32:09 02-10-2013
  • andytheadequate 2 Oct 2013 00:50:52 8,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had a quick go, it's very similar to BF3 isn't it...

It's good, but not sure it's enough to convince me to buy it. If it had a rush mode for me to try in the beta then that was more likely to convince me. I like conquest but a decent rush map would have definitely sold it.

Edit - Domination is still a poor man's CoD, what a waste of a beta map

Edited by andytheadequate at 01:10:48 02-10-2013
  • jambii267 2 Oct 2013 01:26:09 1,366 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really enjoyed Domination on BF3, but the map has to designed for it.

I noticed that if you reload "prematurely" before the clip is finished you loose the entire clip.

How insanely stupid is that?, so I should not reload to conserve ammo but risk loosing my next engagement because I don't have a full clip? What are the game designers smoking?

Stupid boring realism, sigh.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• ecureuil 2 Oct 2013 07:28:16 76,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It'll only be like that in hardcore mode.
  • karaokequeen3 2 Oct 2013 08:55:09 28 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tried the beta on the PS3 last night. Boy do I not like the default control setup. Even more so when trying to drive the tank. Putting the Battlelog button as Select caught me out way too many times!

What exactly was wrong with the control setup of BF3?
  • macmurphy 2 Oct 2013 09:26:27 999 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still can't download it on 360. I had a quick google and it said change locales, sign in and out, etc. Didn't work. Anyway I'm a 360 uk user with premium, still can't find it, help welcome.
  • TheDarkKnight 2 Oct 2013 09:36:19 695 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I played a couple of rounds on PC and thought it was good. Didn't feel like the massive upgrade I was expecting from the marketing, more like fine tuning BF3. I can play on high with a good fps, but may switch it down a few to get it really smooth. Glad VoIP is in now, saw loads of people with mic icons but none chatting! Maybe people aren't totally aware of it yet.

A silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight. Twitch PSN The_Apostle

• andytheadequate 2 Oct 2013 10:20:49 8,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It definitely feels like a fine tuning of BF3, whereas BF3 was vastly different to BC2. Saying that though, I did really like a few of the tweaks, and if they get the maps and destruction right then I'll definitely buy it.

Anyone else finding that you die quicker in this compared to previous battlefields?
  • psychokitten Moderator 2 Oct 2013 10:51:39 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Choppi wrote:
    @psychokitten is it you or fat pigeon who are amazing at bf3 or both of you?

I think I'm pretty awesome at it but one of you always seem to out score me on metro.
    I hold my own, I reckon. Last I checked my SPM was around 700?
  • fletch7100 2 Oct 2013 10:53:58 7,217 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @andytheadequate

I'm liking it because of the fine tuning. People saying oh it's the same well it wasn't going to be a totally different game. Seems like they have listened a lot to the community and made the changes

Even small details like a distance tracker under your squad mates.
    Line in the mini map showing which target to attack
    Audio chatter that tells you the direction of the enemy that's just been spotted
    Variable scope magnification change during game, the range finder and ability to zero your rifle to a certain distance
    Stopping the medic train
    Tiered reloading
    Remove the blue tint maybe back in DLC :)
    Plenty more things as well

Loving the tiny details as well, hearing the chime as the lift doors opening and everyone rushing to it to kill the attackers

Locked myself away in one of the large containers like a coward during a domination match :)
  • Vortex808 2 Oct 2013 10:56:41 7,068 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    Choppi wrote:
    @psychokitten is it you or fat pigeon who are amazing at bf3 or both of you?

I think I'm pretty awesome at it but one of you always seem to out score me on metro.
    I hold my own, I reckon. Last I checked my SPM was around 700?
    Personally, my heart sank when I saw either of them on the opposing team in BF3.

I had many, many deaths at the virtual hands (and bullets) of both. :(

When do us non-premium plebs get a go on the demo again? Is it from the 4th?
  • Tryhard 2 Oct 2013 11:10:16 3,905 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes 4th for non Prem's.

Battlefield 4 from what I have seen is what BF3 should have been,with added destruction from Levolution.

Pretty much what Fletch said,they listened to the community BF3 feedback, and corrected what they did wrong in BF3 for BF4.

For me the big thing is next gen and 64 players on the Battlefield for conquest.Everything else is just gravy.
  • macmurphy 2 Oct 2013 11:25:12 999 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I googled a bit more. If anyone else is in UK is having problems getting the beta on the 360, change your locale to USA and sign out.

When you go to games tab now one of the boxes will have battlefield 4 on it. Select the beta and then sign in when it asks you to. It's downloading now. If anyone else from the 'MILF wants Thursday night stupidity, I'm keen.
  • psychokitten Moderator 2 Oct 2013 12:43:43 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was able to download the beta yesterday, but not today on a different Xbox. The above tip didn't work for me, but I got around it this way:

Log out entirely, go to the Games tab, there's a Battlefield 4 access option there. Select that, so it shows the Battlefield 4 beta access requirements/page/dash section. Then it'll ask you to sign in. Then I was able to see and download the beta there.
  • DugBriderider 2 Oct 2013 12:44:16 528 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just noticed that the BF3 death animation of dropping to the floor a giving a little wave has been replaced; I saw this far too many times plus I thought I've seen it in early BF4 footage.

Now it is a quick 3rd person view and a camera zoom in to your killer, this alone is worth the entry fee.

Like Fletch's list the changes arn't dramatic but when you put so much time into a game like this (and die a lot) little things matter.
  • ecureuil 2 Oct 2013 13:00:27 76,722 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I must be the only one who's surprised at how different it feels from BF3. It's taking a bit of getting used to.
  • fletch7100 3 Oct 2013 08:38:31 7,217 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ecureuil

The control pad layout did take some time getting used to, spotting/using commo rose instead of knifing someone :) vehicles controls layout , have to see if that can be changed.
  • fletch7100 3 Oct 2013 08:41:00 7,217 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Sorry couldn't use the mic as everyone was asleep. Good couple of games and was quite the mad experience as a few squads were battling over the same flags

Map is sniper city from the rooftops, nothing wrong with that just be warned. Still plenty of other action going

Hiding on top of C, seeing the lift doors close and you know someone will be inside, then group of players covering the door, doors open lift chime goes off and turns into a mad couple of seconds of wild firing :)

Just need 55k for my engineer service star 2 , think there is no more gadgets to be unlocked. Guess there is only a few in the beta

You unlock new weapons by using that class of weapon. You unlock the carbine after ranking up you kit class, then using that carbine helps unlock the next carbine and your kit points unlock the next kit gadget

The power weapons you find are pretty useful, limited ammo and can't be resupplied. Grenade launcher is too much fun

Edited by fletch7100 at 08:48:13 03-10-2013
  • fletch7100 3 Oct 2013 09:01:42 7,217 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just using spectator mode :)
  • fletch7100 3 Oct 2013 09:08:31 7,217 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Other little details I like

chimpanzee on the giant tv screen :)
    there is a glass/metal walkway round certain buildings, can only get onto it from falling from rooftop or better explosives damage part of the walkway which drops to the ground to form a ramp
    Taking the metro flag underground, shoot the neon display for a lovely light show

Bad
    Bug which forgets your class you picked after the match has finished.
    Respawn bug which has just started, you die(me a lot) but it keeps you in the game not the respawn screen. Press escape/enter to bring up menu then resume to get the spawn screen
  • Tryhard 3 Oct 2013 12:35:15 3,905 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had four games and wish I didn't on 360.The last game I came MVP so it is not sour grapes of doing badly.

After spotting a tank,I could not ADS. I would go into lean mode when I wasn't even near a wall.Got stuck at the collapsed skyscraper ruins countless times.Couldn't jump or move.Drove a van down there twice and sunk into the ground twice.

Looks skank and plays like skank. BF3 felt smoother on 360 even in the glitchy mess of the beta.PC players are complaining how the map looks with all the dust after the skycraper falls.Well the map looks that bad on 360 before it even comes down,gray and hardly any textures.Objects,scenery, pop in a few feet away as I run towards them.

The vehicles hardly ever spawn.We got one tank spawned the whole 20 minutes.No boats no IFV like pc.

I think they should have used Paracel Storm as the beta map.At least we could have had a beach party on that.

So yeah,I knew I should not have played it till the PS4 version is released.
  • Page

of 278 First / Last