My first experience anything Apple is iPhone. Not so impressed.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 14 July 2012 07:40:33
    The camera is good for a mobile phone. Once those images are transferred to PC and viewed on the big screen, they simply donít compare to my Digital camera.

Is the sound out put from an iPod better than an iPhone ?
    The sound from an iPhone via headphones sucks. Thereís simply no bass ?

Thereís been times on my iPhone ive needed pen and paper. Try entering a phone number into Contacts, all the while the phone number is on another screen. Its not possible to switch screens without the Contact screen resetting the info each time its returned to.

On the upside, I do like the touch screen, texting is super easy, and the Note pad is useful. Video play back looks good given the screen size, although too much of that and the battery soon drains.

Iím not into aps. I donít bother with those.

Games + iPhone donít interest me.

^_^
  • elstoof 14 Jul 2012 08:01:24 7,518 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cool story bro.
  • Deleted user 14 July 2012 08:12:39
    /fail
  • THFourteen 14 Jul 2012 08:19:24 33,623 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just cut and paste the phone number. Why the fuck did you buy an iphone if you don't want to use any Apps
  • Mola_Ram 14 Jul 2012 08:20:10 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    The camera is good for a mobile phone. Once those images are transferred to PC and viewed on the big screen, they simply donít compare to my Digital camera.

Are you using the white earphones that came with the iPhone? If so, you are doing it wrong.

Thereís been times on my iPhone ive needed pen and paper. Try entering a phone number into Contacts, all the while the phone number is on another screen. Its not possible to switch screens without the Contact screen resetting the info each time its returned to.
    So you can't just select the phone number and select "save to Contacts" rather than typing it manually? I've no idea whether it really is as unwieldy as you describe (I've never had an iPhone), but if it's anything like other phones it shouldn't be that difficult.

On the upside, I do like the touch screen, texting is super easy, and the Note pad is useful. Video play back looks good given the screen size, although too much of that and the battery soon drains.
    I'm actually the opposite to this. I've only upgraded from a dumbphone recently, so I might still be getting used to it, but I found texting much easier with actual buttons. I don't have giant hands or anything, but my fingers feel horribly imprecise on a touchscreen.

Video playback is meaningless to me - I don't ever see myself watching a TV show or movie on a screen that small.

Seems like a smartphone was a bad choice for you, then.

...and yet you bought one.

^_^
    (^_________________________^)
  • Ginger 14 Jul 2012 09:01:33 6,850 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Obvious troll is obvious

London open taekwondo champion

• Blaizefm 14 Jul 2012 09:04:17 232 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Cool story bro.
    I love this meme.
  • Deleted user 14 July 2012 09:40:55
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    blacksea wrote:

Are you using the white earphones that came with the iPhone? If so, you are doing it wrong.

So you can't just select the phone number and select "save to Contacts" rather than typing it manually? I've no idea whether it really is as unwieldy as you describe (I've never had an iPhone), but if it's anything like other phones it shouldn't be that difficult.

I'm actually the opposite to this. I've only upgraded from a dumbphone recently, so I might still be getting used to it, but I found texting much easier with actual buttons. I don't have giant hands or anything, but my fingers feel horribly imprecise on a touchscreen.

Video playback is meaningless to me - I don't ever see myself watching a TV show or movie on a screen that small.

Seems like a smartphone was a bad choice for you, then.

...and yet you bought one.

^_^
    Did not buy. Was offered one by 02 for £13 per month. I was paying £10 a month for pay as you go anyway. I like phone as a phone to text and make calls on. All the other features are good for a phone, but good compared to Cameras, Music players. I expected more from the iPhone. Not trolling in anyway, just my view on something.
  • Stickman 14 Jul 2012 09:52:57 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You're genuinely surprised that a phone camera is worse than an actual camera?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• THFourteen 14 Jul 2012 09:53:00 33,623 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You should have got a Nokia 3210
  • CosmicFuzz 14 Jul 2012 10:35:42 24,584 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    1. Phone cameras are always shit.
    2. Cheap headphones make crap bass, nothing whatsoever to do with the phone.
    3. Copy and paste the number into contacts.

It's horror month over at SoundOnSight. Remember Condemned: Criminal Origins? Read my lookback!

• dominalien 14 Jul 2012 10:38:30 6,979 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, another one of those "I'm an idiot, so this piece of tech is crap".

Belongs right next to the "it doesn't work the way I'm used to, so this piece of tech is crap".

PSN: DonOsito

• Syrette 14 Jul 2012 13:11:32 43,601 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They don't make 'em like they used to.

• SpaceDave3000 14 Jul 2012 13:23:18 78,280 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not wanting to add fuel to this frankly pathetic attempt at making a fire, but the IOS interface is incredibly stale these days. I can't believe it's got to a point where I can say with a straight face that wp7 craps on it.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 14 July 2012 13:24:13
    Certainly is unfortunately.
  • Deleted user 14 July 2012 13:40:32
    Lol
  • heyyo 14 Jul 2012 13:41:37 14,373 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    Did not buy. Was offered one by 02 for £13 per month.

I like phone as a phone to send 10 inclusive text and make 5 minutes of inclusive calls on using a phone I can't make full use of.

• TarickStonefire 14 Jul 2012 14:22:14 3,133 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    Were you hoping for a prize for stating the painfully obvious. Of course they aren't! So what?

Were you hoping for another prize for stating the painfully obvious? Everyone that's ever bought an Apple music product, who likes music, gets their own headphones for it and doesn't inflict their shitty tinny music on fellow commuters via the Apple earbuds.

E-VER-Y-ONE.

Copy.
    Paste.
    Done.

Shocker. Electronic device drained of battery after prolonged use of battery-intensive tasks.

Why'd you get a smartphone then?!

^_^

See my last comment.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 17:43:42 14-07-2012

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Mark1412 14 Jul 2012 14:28:39 549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago

• Syrette 14 Jul 2012 14:31:09 43,601 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted

• tonyferrino 14 Jul 2012 16:10:39 183 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    blacksea wrote:

Did not buy. Was offered one by 02 for £13 per month. I was paying £10 a month for pay as you go anyway. I like phone as a phone to text and make calls on. All the other features are good for a phone, but good compared to Cameras, Music players. I expected more from the iPhone. Not trolling in anyway, just my view on something.
    Rorschach?
  • Mola_Ram 14 Jul 2012 17:19:31 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    Alright. I can probably believe you when you say that you aren't trolling.

But the thing is... if you just wanted a phone to text and make calls on, you really could have done better (cheaper) than an iPhone. If you're not interested in any of the apps or games, then there's really no point in you having one, regardless of whether you got it on a contract or bought it outright.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Jul 2012 17:20:47 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    blacksea wrote:

But the thing is... if you just wanted a phone to text and make calls on, you really could have done better (cheaper) than an iPhone. If you're not interested in any of the apps or games, then there's really no point in you having one, regardless of whether you got it on a contract or bought it outright.

And... you expected more? What exactly did you expect?
  • Deleted user 21 July 2012 14:26:37
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    blacksea wrote:

And... you expected more? What exactly did you expect?
    The Note-pad is rather good, I give it that. I do like the touch screen, and I take back a little about what I said about the audio quality, as I just discovered the option to encode CDís using iPhone lossless codec. The audio sound much better, although still lacks bass. Maybe better headphones with built in Bass could help elevate the audio. For a mobile telephone the camera is good, although itís a long way off what a camera offers. In short, what Iím saying is, Apple could look into improving the Bass levelís and include a larger lens. Who knows, maybe it will happen in the future, as it is good to carry a one device does all.
  • Deleted user 21 July 2012 14:41:13
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Not wanting to add fuel to this frankly pathetic attempt at making a fire, but the IOS interface is incredibly stale these days. I can't believe it's got to a point where I can say with a straight face that wp7 craps on it.
    What the fuck.............for the first time ever I agree with Dirtbox.

Having just got the Nokia Lumia 900 I'm finding the WP7 interface is really nice.
  • fletch7100 21 Jul 2012 15:37:34 7,331 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well I'm happy with my IPhone. In fact I'm looking forward to some people going into nerd rage about Apple changing the connector on the new iPhone.
  • elstoof 21 Jul 2012 16:00:55 7,518 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you want to take pictures buy a fucking camera and if you want good sound quality buy some decent fucking cans and stop complaining about the ones that came free with a fucking telephone. Why are you making such a fucking mess of this?
  • ZuluHero 21 Jul 2012 16:55:17 4,175 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    tonyferrino wrote:
    blacksea wrote:

Rorschach?
    Brilliant! That's how I hear him in my head now when I read these posts! :D
  • sanctusmortis 3 Oct 2012 10:22:07 9,631 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Uh... the contacts thing says "I did not learn how to use it", not "this phone is awful".
  • sonaligaur 12 Apr 2013 09:04:18 4 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ouch...I see that you've an issue with Apple's iOS. Well, you will find something similar on Android as well. In that case, what would you do? On the flip side, I'm pretty much happy with my iPhone. I am also happy to see that more and more good apps are coming out on Cydia store. Just try to jailbreak your device and you'll fucking love it :)
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous