The Official Anarchy Online thread

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • magicpanda 1 Jan 2005 22:27:06 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any of you chaps out there playing this?

I'm currently a lvl 30 engineer called Rhianon based around Boralis. I need to do some mining for carbon rich ore but i need a bodyguard :) If anyone is up to the task you will be paid well!
  • speed182 1 Jan 2005 23:04:08 895 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got it but im weak as hell i havent played it much

PSN ID: DJSpeed14
    Follow me on Twitter: Speeedy14

• grimboy 3 Jan 2005 09:47:21 82 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good to see you,Panda,(sort of...) sorry i had to go the missus threw a wobbly and insisted i watched a film with her!(not good for marriages these mmorpg!!).I'm in Rome now,god so many players!I couldn't get to Boralis it seemed being an Omni-Git i had to start in Rome.
    Spent ages just walking around checking the site....so Huuuuuggge,dunno what i'm doing next...probably take a look outside the city(gulp!).
    Anyway,lets keep in touch and we'll meet up soon.

This game is so bloody big and complex...fanastic stuff,highly recommended to all fellow EGer's,lets get a big group of us on(it's free!!)
  • chimp_hustler 3 Jan 2005 10:06:08 320 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    funnily enough, i'm also a lvl 30 engineer, although i'm called Pintarah.

and how do you mine for carbonrich rock? and are you doing it to make nano-crystals?

i'm in Rome too, but you can just take the Whom-pahs to Borealis :p

my level 34 bot could probly protec ya! ;)
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2005 11:53:30 76,341 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't get into this game. I wandered about, got killed by a green bird, talked to some people, laughed at the noobish rants, got killed by a rat, got stuck in the scenery, got killed by a green bird.

Uninstall.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• magicpanda 3 Jan 2005 12:02:33 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ahhh its all coming together... I think we can get a good team on the go.

Im going to join omni when im next in game. After a few jaunts through Rome its hard to resist the amazing architecture and that forboding 'we are infucking charge' music. Ive just got to convince the nice people ive met to come with me.

top game, Ive not been so competely sucked in and obsessed (my xfire stats speak for themselves) for a very long time.

If you want to add me to your buddy list type

/cc addbuddy Rhianon
  • magicpanda 3 Jan 2005 13:20:11 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    chimp_hustler wrote:
    funnily enough, i'm also a lvl 30 engineer, although i'm called Pintarah.

and how do you mine for carbonrich rock? and are you doing it to make nano-crystals?

i'm in Rome too, but you can just take the Whom-pahs to Borealis :p

my level 34 bot could probly protec ya! ;)

There are few spots to mine for carbon rock one of them being near 4 holes. As a neutral I get attacked on sight round there as its omni territory.

You can refine carbonrich rock into nano crystals eventually but the big money spinner for me at the moment is turning blood and guts monster parts into nice, refined little tubes of blood plamsa with the use of a bio communicator. A very handy and essential bit of kit for your toolbag. A few back packs full of quality monster parts can net you a couple of hundred grand.

A mutant hunting expedition needs to be organised!

Edited by Magic Panda at 13:20:51 03-01-2005
  • chimp_hustler 3 Jan 2005 18:04:35 320 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    indeed. however i've gone the Tradeskill Engineer type route, and without shadowland perks, its tough going. out of the 10,000 IP's about 7-8,000 is sucked up each level by nano abilities (time+space, Mat.Crea etc) and tradeskill abilities. my primary stats are beginning to suffer :/.

oh, and get the Solar Powered Tinker Pistol, its teh win! ^_^
    you keep upgrading it the higher your weapon smithing ability, so it goes up 1 ql each time. adds to my maxhealth, maxnano and tutoring and does (at the moment at ql 31ish) 12-80 damage with about another 80 on a crit. not bad for a pistol!

In-Game Name : Pintarah

edit: how do you mine stuff?

Edited by chimp_hustler at 18:05:07 03-01-2005
  • magicpanda 4 Jan 2005 16:45:46 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ahhh.. mining.. well its not really mining as such.. more legging it about in very dangerous areas picking up crystals.

Once you have a backpack full of carbonrich ore you can put those instruction discs you have been saving (you have been saving them right?) to good use...

You will need a set of essential engineer tools that can be picked up at the local store...

They include..

A Jensen Personal Ore extractor.
    An Isotope Separator.
    A Neutron Displacer.

as high quality as you can afford.

First use the Jensen OE on the Carbonrich Rock, producing some Carbonrich Ore.

Next, take the Isotope Separator and use it on the Carbonrich Ore, and you will end up with a Pure Carbon Crystal. mmm shiny.

Pick up the Neutron Displacer and use it on the Pure Carbon Crystal and you will end up with a finished Program Crystal.

You will need Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Field Quantum Physics skills its a bitch to keep all those high!

Go here its explained much much better! :)

• Zond3 4 Jan 2005 16:58:16 635 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hey chimp_hustler, are you the guy that ysed to be in INCOM? Your name rings a bell
  • grimboy 4 Jan 2005 18:54:49 82 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dairy Of An Omni-git part 1....

Well I did a bit of exploring last night,I found half of Rome(Green) is completely deserted...except for some weird Priest-type guarding a strange Portal to a Temple of the Winds(?)...bit of a mindfuck,that,you have to give him something(money,I think,but he doesn't say how much...not 100 credits,that much i know!) to gain access...hmmm,maybe later for that.

Also there's a Wompah to Omni-1(Entertainment sector) in Rome,but sadly none for Boralis(Anyway I'm so far behind you guys a meet-up is some way off,but keep in touch).

Outside Omni-1,there's a particulary Nasty Dungeon called The Steppes of Madness,blimey ol' Grimboy lasted one encounter there before being atomized and sent screaming back to Rome...another one for later!

After a bit of Mutant hunting and general lvling up I decided to take on the Subway....plenty of people there,a nice busy place with some good Drops(need a backpack) i'm going to try teaming up with some similar lvls next time and see how far we can get.

Halfway through the subway i noticed it was coming up to 4am.....FFS,this game will be the Death of Me,you see!!!

Slowly working this Game out..last night i found how to buy and install implants and Nano-clusters,tonight hopefully more will open up(that Mining post by the Panda...my god!!!)

Think i'm gonna stick to being a Big,Dumb Tank Character...Guns i get!!

See you guys planetside soon :)
  • quantumsheep 4 Jan 2005 22:31:16 3,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    3 hours and I'll be there! ;)

Fingers crossed, eh?
  • quantumsheep 5 Jan 2005 05:24:16 3,127 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ok, I'm in as Quantumsheep, naturally.

And totally lost!
  • magicpanda 5 Jan 2005 10:03:04 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Heh, I managed to tear myself away at 1.30am, your wife is going to hate you Grimboy!

The temple of the threewinds.. jesus ive had my arse handed to me on a plate so may times there... Its one of the liveliest places in the game right now. At any one time there are hundreds of people there. Somehow me and BOID (my robot) managed to sneak into the curators part of the temple and I somehow managed to blag some very powerful artifacts. The curator wasnt happy though and nailed me.. One day he will DIE by my hand. still got the artifacts though! \0/

Grimboy you should meet up with Pintarah he's an Omni engineer. I'm definately going to join the dark side, though but its becoming harder and harder as I genuinely feel I will be betraying people I've met!! How odd is that! (O_O)

I met Speed182 last night straight from noob island at the gates to boralis (he came to the neutral side) so I showed him the sights and set him up with a few quid. I reckon it would be worth joining omni though as grimboy and quantum sheep will be around the same level and the three of you could team up in the subways.

Grimboy if you pick up any robot parts I'll make some sweet amour for you.. And any nano clusters as well.. I can make custom implants. Ill be in rome park later tonight for a visit let me know what lvl you are Grimboy and ill put together a nice little eurogamer welcome backpack! :) Same with you Quantumsheep let me know what class you are playing :)

Edited by Magic Panda at 10:04:16 05-01-2005
  • magicpanda 5 Jan 2005 10:09:32 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    quantumsheep wrote:
    ok, I'm in as Quantumsheep, naturally.

And totally lost!

Its very easily done! :)

In the chat bar (where you enter text) type..

/cc addbuddy Rhianon (hit enter)

Then..

/cc addbuddy Grimboy (hit enter)

then..

/cc addbuddy speed182 (you get the idea :)

/cc addbuddy Pintarah

/cc addbuddy Pauler

anyone else add to the list!

Edited by Magic Panda at 10:17:10 05-01-2005
  • magicpanda 5 Jan 2005 10:39:12 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just goin through the first thread

Frankypanky
    Shivoa
    terminalterror
    Whizzo
    richispsycho
    Aga
    Dr Congo
    Wooden Spoon

You guys playing?

Edited by Magic Panda at 10:56:29 05-01-2005
  • chimp_hustler 5 Jan 2005 11:08:39 320 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zond, yeah i used to play Eve Online, but i just got a bit bored with it all, seems my data is still there so i might go back in the future, i was lightspeed_jedi ;)

armour from robot parts?

curator's office and artifacts?

i know so little by the looks of it

edit: have been to the temple of the three winds, went up 6 levels in about an hour with a good team (which MUST have a doctor)

/cc addbuddy Pintarah

to add meh ;)

Edited by chimp_hustler at 11:14:33 05-01-2005
  • pauleyc 5 Jan 2005 11:25:02 4,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Magic Panda wrote:
    Heh, I managed to tear myself away at 1.30am, your wife is going to hate you Grimboy!

Heh, my wife is exactly the reason* why I can't really team up. Since I can't tell when I'm about to get teared away from the machine, I wouldn't want to leave a team in the middle of a possibly hot situation (eh, what support can a L20 soldier offer anyway? ;-)

/cc addbuddy Pauler

* Some say she's rather my voice of reason. Can't argue much, 1am is usually a sensible time to call it a day :-)

edit: 200 posts! \o/

Edited by pauleyc at 11:27:56 05-01-2005
  • magicpanda 5 Jan 2005 11:36:19 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \o/ pauler! Only takes a little while to do a team mission and if you are torn away so what we can keep your loot till you get back. Kick ass soldier backup is better than none! :) im only lvl 34.

The curator is the boss of the temple. One hard mother.

You can use Robot junk with a precious metal reclaimer to make junk metal sheets which which can then be used with a full set of etchsketch tools (125k ish) from the store and a screwdriver to make junkmetal amour. Im trying to make full sets but the Precious Metal Reclaimer is 10k a pop and it gets used in the process so its 70k odd grand to make a full set! You can do the same with Carbonium plate (bought in shops) but dont tell anyone im going to corner the low level market. You see loads people in boralis wandering around in orange armour? thats me! ;)

Edited by Magic Panda at 11:39:11 05-01-2005
  • terminalterror 5 Jan 2005 11:49:47 18,937 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Magic Panda wrote:
    Just goin through the first thread

Frankypanky
    Shivoa
    terminalterror
    Whizzo
    richispsycho
    Aga
    Dr Congo
    Wooden Spoon

You guys playing?

I started it up a few weeks back, but I haven't really had the insane amount of time needed yet. And I'm back at Oxford in a week. I'll probably be way behind you lot.
  • magicpanda 5 Jan 2005 11:51:41 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's definately something you can dip into for an hour or so.

Join ussss...

/is running out of backpacks
  • chimp_hustler 5 Jan 2005 12:45:20 320 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    *begins buying armour making instruments!*
  • Zond3 5 Jan 2005 12:54:32 635 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Think i'll start downloading this one tonight. Sounds a lot more interesting than Everquest 2 which for all its swanky graphics is complete rubbish
  • Whizzo 5 Jan 2005 12:56:10 42,767 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I would be spending some time on Rubi-Ka but I'm trying to decide whether to stick with Planetside before my "free" month expires so I'm playing that when I feel like some MMO action.

Getting level 30+ in such a short time is pretty impressive MP but then I've seen your Xfire stats... ;-)

Also as we've got a free year I'm in no particular hurry. I do miss my old character though, pity I couldn't bring him back during the free subs period...

Edited by Whizzo at 12:57:17 05-01-2005

This space left intentionally blank.

• pauleyc 5 Jan 2005 13:06:07 4,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just a quick reminder for people interested in AO: the free period lasts until the end of 2005 but you need to register before January 15th 2005. Here's the re-link.
  • magicpanda 5 Jan 2005 13:18:57 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Getting level 30+ in such a short time is pretty impressive MP but then I've seen your Xfire stats... ;-)

Edited by Whizzo at 12:57:17 05-01-2005
    Its videogame crack cocaine!

I'm very very pale :D

A useful thread... remember me when you sell those pillows ;)

And another useful thread

Edited by Magic Panda at 13:25:01 05-01-2005
  • Zond3 5 Jan 2005 13:41:22 635 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Which server are you lot playing on?
  • magicpanda 5 Jan 2005 13:43:50 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Altantean atlanta? something like that.

/buys another backpack.

Edited by Magic Panda at 13:44:41 05-01-2005
  • Salaman 5 Jan 2005 14:32:27 18,249 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Expect another noob in tongiht.
    :-)
  • magicpanda 5 Jan 2005 14:48:11 13,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Best advice I can offer is to stay on the island for a little while and team up with people for quick experience, it's a bit shit (compared to the 'real world') but you've got to start somewhere. And dont forget to buy a starter pack... theres a kiosk box type thing behind the main trader fella on the island that's very easy to miss (I did and wasted AGES trying to find the right stuff for my chosen profession.)

and add everyone listed above to your buddy list ;)
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous