Have you been hypnotized?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • sport 12 Jul 2012 08:36:24 12,561 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone here been "properly" hypnotized? As in, made to dance around like a chicken on stage against your will etc.

I've always seen myself as someone who would never fall into hypnosis, but then I don't really know much about it.
  • AcidSnake 12 Jul 2012 08:38:50 7,214 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sport wrote:
    but then I don't really know much about it.
    Seems you were hypnotised then...

Lack of proof = proof!

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• sport 12 Jul 2012 08:41:18 12,561 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    sport wrote:
    but then I don't really know much about it.
    Seems you were hypnotised then...

Lack of proof = proof!
    /o\ I'll never have that McKenna bloke over for dinner again!
  • kalel 12 Jul 2012 08:45:45 86,392 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm fascinated by it. Does worry me a little though that it's effectively meddling with things we don't truly understand. There have been some horrific consequences of it, and some very high profile hypnotists have been the subject of numerous lawsuits.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jul 2012 09:01:03 10,287 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes, an amazing experience, it worked so well I was used for the finale where I made myself straight as a board, was laid horizontally across the back of two chairs then a 14 stone man sat on my belly and my body stayed rigid.

It utterly blew my mind just how powerful my body could be purely through the mind.
    You're completely aware the whole time and remember everything which surprised me, you're like a passenger in your own head watching yourself do stuff without really deciding to do it.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• sport 12 Jul 2012 09:03:35 12,561 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    you're like a passenger in your own head watching yourself do stuff without really deciding to do it.
    Could the hypnotist have made you do "anything"?
  • mrpon 12 Jul 2012 09:03:36 28,463 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Explains a lot.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• fergal_oc 12 Jul 2012 09:10:52 2,763 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was in Ibiza in '98 when a friend who I know would never do what he ended up doing, volunteered to get hypnotized.

The guy who did it, did the hocus pocus in front of the audience and je asked that if anyone went under they could join in to. I was following his instructions and could feel myself going under, but didn't want to get humiliated on camera so stopped myself. Never believed until then.
  • CosmicFuzz 12 Jul 2012 09:11:58 23,242 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was hypnotised once to see all fat girls as really skinny and sexy. I began seeing this stunner, but of course she was huge. Various comedy moments ensued.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• sport 12 Jul 2012 09:16:10 12,561 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    I was hypnotised once to see all fat girls as really skinny and sexy. I began seeing this stunner, but of course she was huge. Various comedy moments ensued.
    What do you see when you look in the mirror?
  • kalel 12 Jul 2012 09:23:53 86,392 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We had one at uni who hypnotised a girl on stage at the union, got her to lie down, and told her when she woke up she would think she'd just had sex with him in front of everyone.

It was some seriously fucked up shit.
  • sport 12 Jul 2012 09:26:58 12,561 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    We had one at uni who hypnotised a girl on stage at the union, got her to lie down, and told her when she woke up she would think she'd just had sex with him in front of everyone.

What was her reaction when she woke up? And you're right, that's a bit dodgy.
  • nickthegun 12 Jul 2012 09:27:08 58,805 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, we had one at uni where the hypnotist convinced one of my housemates that a marlboro light was a strong reefer and he more or less whitied on stage.

He then told him a pair of those big, comedy neon glasses were x-ray specs that could see through clothes and he spent the next few minutes gazing off the stage at my girlfriends tits, which was a bit awkward.

I volunteered for the show too, but got booted off as they couldnt put me under.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 12 Jul 2012 09:32:15 86,392 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sport wrote:
    kalel wrote:

What was her reaction when she woke up? And you're right, that's a bit dodgy.
    She cried and got really panicky. Goddamn that was some good light entertainment.

Most hypnotists are a bit rapey imo. I'm willing to bet it's one of the main motivations behind learning how to do it.
  • CosmicFuzz 12 Jul 2012 09:58:40 23,242 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sport wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    What do you see when you look in the mirror?
    A skinny sexy girl. Shit.

• Chopsen 12 Jul 2012 10:08:17 15,726 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Me and a couple of my friends read up about it while we were at school and decided to give it a go. Seemed to work on some people and not others, and it didn't work on me.

There's not much in it as a technique. It's 90% bullshit, in the sense that you have to get the person you do it believe you can do it and it will work. That, and remember to say "sudo" before every command.
  • nickthegun 12 Jul 2012 10:10:04 58,805 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sudo -k selfrespect

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• CosmicFuzz 12 Jul 2012 10:12:08 23,242 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We saw a hypnotist at uni once make another guy masterbate on stage. It was horribly awkward. Then he made a bunch of folk think they were horny sheep trapped in a jail cell together, they all started sheep-fucking each other, screaming "Baaa!! Baaaa!!!"

That part was actually hilarious :D

• Deleted user 12 July 2012 10:17:39
    sport wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    you're like a passenger in your own head watching yourself do stuff without really deciding to do it.
    Could the hypnotist have made you do "anything"?
    This defence does not hold up in court.
  • sport 12 Jul 2012 10:19:32 12,561 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Could it be similar to being inebriated and losing your inhibitions? You're in a "hyper" relaxed state and don't really care what others around you think.
  • Tom_Servo 12 Jul 2012 10:22:20 17,330 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My dad saw a hypnotist show and for part of it a woman was put under. She quickly started getting very distressed for whatever reason, her boyfriend starts shouting for the hypnotist to bring her out of it, he didn't, so the boyfriend runs up on the stage to lamp him at which point bodyguards haul him off the stage. Sounded like a fun night...

My dad's also been put under by some university professor. They gave you a videotape afterward so you could watch it back, but he's never watched it.

Personally, I don't see the appeal of going to a hypnosis show. I find the whole thing a bit creepy, TBH.

Edited by Tom_Servo at 10:23:45 12-07-2012
  • Deleted user 12 July 2012 10:26:59
    Friend got hypnotised on holiday and ended up but naked dancing like a loon and crying like a baby. Possibly the funniest and freakiest thing I've ever seen, wouldn't do it myself though.
  • sport 12 Jul 2012 10:27:05 12,561 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Could it be similar to being inebriated and losing your inhibitions? You're in a "hyper" relaxed state and don't really care what others around you think.
    That's induced by chemicals that you have no concious control over (depending on how many drinks you've had of course).
    Yes I know, I'm talking more of the similarities in the end result (state).
  • Deleted user 12 July 2012 10:27:07
    no i havn't ,but thank you for reminding me of this!

not sure how it all works really, shall have a read up later on it
  • Chopsen 12 Jul 2012 10:31:39 15,726 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EyeLand wrote:
    I thought getting people to do something harmful under hypnosis was a myth, as it was consensual.
    Yeah, I've heard that I that's what I believe. With regards to stage performance hypnosis, it gives carte blanche to exhibitionists to show off to their heart's content. It's a safe environment to act up and be a attention whore and you've got the get-out clause that it wasn't you, it was the hypnotist that made you do it.
  • neilka 12 Jul 2012 10:35:10 15,665 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I once had sex with a Labrador on stage in a club in Soho.

Never been hypnotised though.
  • MetalDog 12 Jul 2012 10:38:45 23,708 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It does work on quite a few people, but using it as 'entertainment' has always seemed like quite a bad idea, given there are no regulations on the people who can do it.

Never been under myself, but did manage to put a friend or two under when arsing around with it as a teen. I've heard that it is like being very drunk - inhibitions tend to go down and you get the disconnect effect, but there's still a thread of consensus there. Like being drunk, you could probably do a lot of things you would be very embarrassed by in the cold light of sobriety, but probably not things you would be very morally opposed to even when drunk.

Not 100 percent sure though.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous