Borderlands 2 Vita

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • sid92 7 Jul 2012 21:00:28 594 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The lead designer of borderlands i cant remember his name but anyway said hes would love to bring borderlands 2 to vita and is looking into it. Would anyone else love that to happen or just me? I adored borderlands god i hope they do this.
  • THFourteen 7 Jul 2012 21:03:27 33,185 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    he actually said that they dont have the resources to do it, but would love it if somebody else would.

which basically nobody ever will because its not worth the effort in terms of dev cost vs sales.

shame as i would also love it.
  • Lexx87 7 Jul 2012 21:04:47 20,869 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still not sure why it would be a good fit.

Speak the truth hussy!

• sid92 7 Jul 2012 21:06:48 594 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He said there is a lot of good studios out there to collaberate with on it didnt he? i think.
  • THFourteen 7 Jul 2012 21:07:08 33,185 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    why would it be a bad fit?

whats different from the vita to the ps3 apart from the size of the screen?
  • Lexx87 7 Jul 2012 21:08:40 20,869 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As a Vita owner, i wouldnt buy it for that.

Borderlands for me if a big coop couch experience not a handheld game.

Speak the truth hussy!

• THFourteen 7 Jul 2012 21:08:40 33,185 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sid92 wrote:
    He said there is a lot of good studios out there to collaberate with on it didnt he? i think.
    nah he said

"Technologically, that's possible."

Pitchford called on the crowd at the PC and indie game show to badger Sony to push for a Vita version of the co-op first-person shooter.

"Perhaps some of you folks can convince Sony to start that," he said. "We're too busy to develop it ourselves. But I know there are a lot of talented developers who could take our code, our source and our content and perhaps create something like that.
  • sid92 7 Jul 2012 21:12:11 594 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @THFourteen I see now i doubt sony will step up on that but if they did i think it would be incredible.
  • Rauha 7 Jul 2012 21:31:38 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    sid92 wrote:
    nah he said

"Technologically, that's possible."

Pitchford called on the crowd at the PC and indie game show to badger Sony to push for a Vita version of the co-op first-person shooter.

"Perhaps some of you folks can convince Sony to start that," he said. "We're too busy to develop it ourselves. But I know there are a lot of talented developers who could take our code, our source and our content and perhaps create something like that.
    Dunno. That reads to me like:

Hi there sony ol' chap. I would love to make money on your portable but I don't want to spend any money in the process. Eureka! Why don't you (sony) pull one of your dev teams away from the excellent games (wonderbook :p) they're making and port my game over; make me free monies!

Port it yourself RANDY!
  • dsmx 7 Jul 2012 21:49:58 7,589 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I get the feeling it's call from gearbox for sony to pull their wallet out, they are willing to help put it on the vita but are asking sony to pay for it, will sony do it? Not sure on that one I would love to see it running on the vita as the cell shading style would look really nice on the OLED screen but it's sony call on that one.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• ecureuil 7 Jul 2012 22:14:49 76,722 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would buy a Vita immediately for this. And I'd still buy BL2 on Xbox, too.
  • Flying_Pig 7 Jul 2012 22:33:09 10,888 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd love this on Vita, but sadly I can't see it ever happening :(
  • Spunkweazle 8 Jul 2012 09:37:09 470 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    this week we have seen left 4 dead being played on vita, and borderlands 2 mentioned for vita, both killer apps that i would happily pay full price for, and both have little or no chance of ever coming. i dont understand the lack of first person shooters on a twin stick console.

http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/
    dedicated to supporting the children of men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces.

• jonsaan 8 Jul 2012 09:49:35 25,342 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    it almost makes you realise why Nintendo don't add a second stick. Almost.

FCUTA!

• Sharzam 8 Jul 2012 10:12:38 2,832 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    I agree, as much as i would love more games i dont think ports of pc/home console games is the way forward. The vita needs its own games which work to its advtanges.

On a semi connected tangent, i had 10 hours of train travel yesterday and the vita was brilliant as it held its own with battery life and the 3G worked all the time. I also watched videos on my transformer prime. But i was surprised at all the people with 3DSs at Rezzed and nobody had their vitas in public are people asshamed.

Edited by Sharzam at 10:12:58 08-07-2012

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• THFourteen 8 Jul 2012 10:32:53 33,185 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spunkweazle wrote:
    this week we have seen left 4 dead being played on vita, and borderlands 2 mentioned for vita, both killer apps that i would happily pay full price for, and both have little or no chance of ever coming. i dont understand the lack of first person shooters on a twin stick console.
    It's not so much the lack of shooters, it's the lack of games at all... I don't think it's worth developers time trying to make games for this just for 40,000 sales. Problem is, nobody will buy a vita until they start making more games so it's a vicious circle.

Also just read the front page news that COD will always be made by a separate team, so we will never see a carbon copy of the console games on here I guess

I reckon it will be more unit 13 like than COD but we will see.
  • Deleted user 8 July 2012 10:39:21
    Oh, yeah let's make a thread about every game someone *thinks* should come to Vita.
    /irony off

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 10:39:48 08-07-2012
  • Widge Moderator 8 Jul 2012 12:46:11 13,467 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

It's not so much the lack of shooters, it's the lack of games at all... I don't think it's worth developers time trying to make games for this just for 40,000 sales. Problem is, nobody will buy a vita until they start making more games so it's a vicious circle.
    The thing with Vita is that it was meant to be relatively simple to go from PS3 -> Vita without much issue, thereby meaning that there is just one extra platform to ping releases out for multiplat games. I'm hoping that this is actually the case in the future.

3rd party support is always slow in fledgling years and we'll probably see the same sort of pattern with WiiU.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• THFourteen 8 Jul 2012 13:13:58 33,185 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From what this dude and the EA Madden dev have been saying, it doesn't seem like thats the case.

The EA fellow said they'd need a whole team of people to keep it in sync with the console releases and they just can't afford that.

Shame :(
  • MoGamer2006 8 Jul 2012 14:52:27 975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Widge wrote:The thing with Vita is that it was meant to be relatively simple to go from PS3 -> Vita without much issue, thereby meaning that there is just one extra platform to ping releases out for multiplat games.
    Can we finally kill this mistaken and ridiculous belief that creating a Vita version of a PS3 game is some sort of trivial 'Select output device/Click OK' triviality.

If it was, you would be seeing almost every PS3 game being released on Vita too - after all, if it's as easy as some reckon, why not?

All this "It's a PS3 in your pocket!!!!" hype is creating false expectation. Sony need to be encouraging unique, handheld-suitable experiences rather than cut-down clones of home console games.
  • ecureuil 8 Jul 2012 14:56:04 76,722 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:
    I agree, as much as i would love more games i dont think ports of pc/home console games is the way forward. The vita needs its own games which work to its advtanges.
    An FPS would work to its advantages, as well as the co-op gameplay and weapons trading. I'd love to see it and I think it'd work really well.
  • yegon 8 Jul 2012 15:29:24 5,218 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A good loot game would be stellar on the Vita.
  • el_pollo_diablo 8 Jul 2012 15:50:19 2,077 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Couldn't Gearbox just opt in their PS3 version to be cross play?
  • RunningMan 8 Jul 2012 16:15:51 2,396 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Be happy with remote play with this.
  • Jmog 11 Jul 2012 17:57:17 394 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Making something cross play does not mean it's easier to develop two different versions beccause that's what it is. Motorstorm is not one download that works on both PS3 and PSV. It't two separate games that you only pay once for. Even though they look pretty similar they would be massively different to code since the hardware in the PSV and the PS3 have nothing in common.

Coding a game for the Vita is easier than for the PS3 but you still have to code it.
  • Bloober_team 13 Jul 2012 11:20:17 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    why would it be a bad fit?

whats different from the vita to the ps3 apart from the size of the screen?
    Imo size of the screen in case FPS games is very important matter, don't you think?
    But all in all it's a good news. Another (propably) very good game on PS Vita.

www.blooberteam.com
    www.facebook.com/Blooberteam

• Bloober_team 13 Jul 2012 11:20:41 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted

www.blooberteam.com
    www.facebook.com/Blooberteam

• Page

of 1

Previous Next