What would you do?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • famous_roy 7 Jul 2012 09:34:16 4,102 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's been very rare I've had a serious or aggressive confrontation. Usually people can be dealt with by talking or things are capped before they blow out of proportion.

Now I'm on a trip with my travelling buddy, a few weeks backpacking around Europe and while it's mostly been amazing, there have been a few incidents which I would describe as bullfuck

We were approached in a bar last night in Brussels when a tall scraggly looking chump, stood there and gave us the finger. Annoying but whatever. I glanced back at my mate who was getting pretty mad and when I glanced back the guy was mooning us. Full on buttcheek city.

He then proceeded to walk over and dry hump a girl at the bar, who for whatever reason found t amusing.

We considered confronting him, but what would the consequence have been? If things had escalated they wouldn't have gone in our favour. What I'm wondering is did this guy just not like the look of us? Or was it that we were tourists, in which case very disappointed in brussels.

We basically swore back at him and told him to fuck off, not enough, too much? Can't shake off the feeling he got away with being an insulting arsehole, can't figure out why he did it.

Edited by famous_roy at 09:44:03 07-07-2012

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• famous_roy 7 Jul 2012 09:41:48 4,102 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @EyeLand On my iPhone, ruddy posted it early didn't it! Edited hastily I will elaborate :)

• superdelphinus 7 Jul 2012 09:48:40 8,126 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    File under shithappens/ peoplearetwats
  • Cadence 7 Jul 2012 09:48:49 1,696 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Should have cut his arm off with your lightsaber.
  • Reacher 7 Jul 2012 09:52:10 900 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just ignore him. Nothing good could have come from confronting him. He sounds like a cunt tbf.
  • famous_roy 7 Jul 2012 09:53:58 4,102 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the rub is that we were out in Antwerp the other night at a bar, was all good, lovely place. Then some bozo with headphones on comes up and starts mimicking my mate, insulting us, "haha English English, fuck" and so on. Again he fucked off after a while but made me think what a racist twat.

Dunno, very whingy post I know but just wondering what te best way to deal with those sort of sods is. They're tainting Belgium a hell of a lot.

• famous_roy 7 Jul 2012 09:54:58 4,102 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Berlin and Amsterdam on the other hand were awesome, lovely people and atmosphere.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Jul 2012 10:01:44 39,782 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Antwerp has it's share of stone-brained fuck-nuggets just like everywhere else. Shrug and move on.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Rusty_M 7 Jul 2012 10:09:21 4,936 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Best way to deal with them is to ignore it. A lot of people in Europe resent the English, but I don't think it's anywhere near the majority.

No point in arguing with them as they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If you escalate things, at best you get some bruises and probably feel bad. At worst you get beat up/arrested/killed.

How many people in the bar weren't being dicks?

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Deleted user 7 July 2012 10:18:56
    SOunds like an he was high or a yokel. Not worth thinking twice about.
  • elstoof 7 Jul 2012 10:35:30 8,316 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stop wearing your football strips on nights out.
  • THFourteen 7 Jul 2012 10:42:15 34,471 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    SOunds like an he was high or a yokel. Not worth thinking twice about.
    Yeah I agree with this. No reason for you to escalate it, as much as he deserves a kick in the bollocks, you don't know if he's got ten mates waiting to wade in, or a knife.

Also it is actually possible to kill someone with a single punch if they fall and hit their head or whatever, then you'd go down for manslaughter just because some asshole was being a dick.
  • PazJohnMitch 7 Jul 2012 10:52:20 8,731 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I would avoid fights. (And not just because I am a big wuss).

One lad I knew as a kid got into a fight with a guy that was been a git. He pushed him over. Sadly the guy fell on an innocent bystander and broke her leg. My mate got a criminal record and it pretty much screwed up his life.
  • Fake_Blood 7 Jul 2012 11:08:51 4,454 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    We're just that racist here in Belgium.
    That's why we have a gay italian prime minister.
  • Trowel 7 Jul 2012 11:14:01 18,070 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Come home, asap.
  • SYS64738 7 Jul 2012 11:29:56 1,714 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a similar experience as the OP in Osteende years back (weird place btw). My mate and I minded our own business playing on pinball machine in pub then some meathead showed up yelling some Flamish at us for no apparent reason.

Now my mate, unlike me, is a big fella and was no stranger to fights, but made the right decision to ignore him. When the loonie got bored he started to push me. I tried to move around to avoid him, while my mate started some crazytalk conversation with this guy. He then moved on away from us and started harrassing others. My mate told me afterwards he noticed some ink on the lads hand that he likely got in the joint so didnt want to take any risks. Could've ended up messy.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• Fake_Blood 7 Jul 2012 11:44:46 4,454 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So if you want to be almost in a fight, come to belgium.

Edited by Fake_Blood at 11:45:04 07-07-2012
  • FWB 7 Jul 2012 11:58:45 45,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is Belgium THAT boring?
  • heyyo 7 Jul 2012 12:00:33 14,369 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    It's just cunts looking to get a rise out of you, don't entertain them and try to look less touristy. ;)
    Yeah this, he's winding you up so as to have an excuse to punch you two up with 10 of his men.
  • danathjo 7 Jul 2012 12:22:22 7,528 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You should of got your willy out and helicoptered back at him when he was mooning you
  • danathjo 7 Jul 2012 12:22:58 7,528 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trust me, it's the only way he'll learn
  • Dirtbox 7 Jul 2012 13:35:51 79,210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    heyyo wrote:
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    It's just cunts looking to get a rise out of you, don't entertain them and try to look less touristy. ;)
    Yeah this, he's winding you up so as to have an excuse to punch you two up with 10 of his men.
    East London style innit bruv.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• StarchildHypocrethes 7 Jul 2012 13:47:32 26,621 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sounds serious.
  • Deleted user 7 July 2012 14:11:13
    You should have killed them. That really is the only way this minor incident could be dealt with in a way so that it doesn't gnaw at you for the rest of you life, forcing to question your very being, constantly asking the question that can never be answered - what if...

Sadly your life is now ruined. Unlucky.
  • famous_roy 7 Jul 2012 14:15:43 4,102 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    You should of got your willy out and helicoptered back at him when he was mooning you
    Haha, sounds like an awful rock paper scissors, meat spin beats moon :D

Interestingly we were often mistaken for French or German, I don't think we look overtly touristy. Although when he insulted us my monacle fell into my tea and I loosened my Union Jack tie in preparation for fisticuffs.

Good call overall though, best leave cunts to be cunts, my single punch would clearly have knocked him out and everyone would've cheered though, next time!

• bigshot316 7 Jul 2012 14:20:33 24,525 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just sounds like someone who had had too much booze/weed or whatever. Best bet is to ignore it, especially when you're in a strange place.
    Better too have ones pride snubbed than get a knife in the face.

smoggo wrote:
    At weekends when my wife is away I like to wear her stockings and put Stickle bricks up my bottom whilst listening to Ke$ha songs.

• waggy79 7 Jul 2012 14:23:42 1,095 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Meat spin lol
  • Syrette 7 Jul 2012 14:42:41 44,232 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did you not think of trying to dryhump him?

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous