Local co-op/multiplayer games on PS3

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • hobbesthetiger 30 Jun 2012 07:38:39 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Greetings.

Just got a shiny new PS3 and a couple of controllers.

The wife mentioned last night that she would quite like to play some games with me. As she rarely shows any inclination to join me in my favourite pastime, I wanted to make sure I follow up on this, and get hold of some PS3 games she might want to play.

I'm looking for co-op games if possible, but vs games are fine as well if they are half decent.

As a guide on her gaming tastes, past games she has enjoyed include Peggle, Scribblenauts, Theme Park and Sonic Adventure. Anything that is shooter based or too violent is definitely out.

So, anyone have any suggestions?
  • HackenbushPhD 30 Jun 2012 15:54:04 4 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Three co-op games that spring to mind for your circumstances are LittleBigPlanet, and Pixeljunk Monsters and Eden (Eden can get quite tough though). Also check out co-optimus.com, very useful site.
  • DodgyPast 30 Jun 2012 16:22:27 8,469 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Monsters had quite an extreme effect on my other half who before that just dabbled with casual mobile games.
    We tried 2 player first which didn't go to well, then started taking it in turns playing single player. Then she started playing on her own, got quite good and we started having a lot of fun co-op.

Might try her out with golf next.
  • hobbesthetiger 30 Jun 2012 19:27:41 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for the replies.

I've got LBP and she seems keen to play that (cute sackboy effect, I'm guessing) but hadn't considered Pixeljunk Monsters - I'll definitely try that out with her.
  • Triggerhappytel 30 Jun 2012 19:49:12 2,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know you've said she's not big on shooting games, but I would recommend Dead Nation. It's an isometric zombie shooter; I would at the very least recommend you try the trial. I'll check out my HDD later for other downloadable co-op games.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 22:10:21 30-06-2012
  • Triggerhappytel 30 Jun 2012 21:57:08 2,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looking at other games I've downloaded, I'm pretty sure PixelJunk Shooter has local co-op, as does Trine. Renegade Ops does and I'm pretty certain MotorStorm RC must do. Hustle Kings also does and is chuffing awesome, if either of you are into pool/billiards.
  • Greasemonkey 1 Jul 2012 07:50:33 46 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Critter Crunch is a pretty cool puzzle game, I think its co-op but I know it definately has a versus mode.
  • dominalien 1 Jul 2012 09:27:09 6,861 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trine is a good shout. There's some combat, but mostly it's traversal and exploration.

PSN: DonOsito

• hobbesthetiger 1 Jul 2012 11:12:55 52 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers again.

I've got Super Sardust om the Vita. I love it but her comment was 'looks confusing'. Protests that it really isn't fell on deaf ears.

Was thinking of getting Trine for myself, so it will be a bonus if she does like it.

Hustle Kings is a good call as she does like pool. Critter Crunch might work as she does tend to favour puzzle games.

Just have to wait several days for any of that stuff to download (started downloading Motorstorm Apocalypse yesterday - not even 50% downloaded yet!).
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next