Xbox live 2 months for 2 offer - does it exist?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Bombonera 28 Jun 2012 21:13:01 345 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Guys, I read on another site that if you let your Gold sub expire, an offer will appear on the dashboard that allows you to get 2 months of Gold for 2. To that end, I'm wondering if I should wait for mine to expire instead of buying another 12 month code as I usually do. Can any of you guys confirm that the aforementioned offer actually exists?

I've heard of a lot of people getting deals such as this while I've been paying 30ish every year since launch. I'd like to change that.
  • superdelphinus 28 Jun 2012 21:13:50 8,126 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How much is that a saving of, a few pounds?
  • nickthegun 28 Jun 2012 21:18:30 61,286 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    it happened to me just yesterday. it expired on monday, didnt do anything about it as im playing Ass Creed, but it flashed up last night and offered me two months for 2 quid on an ongoing, rolling basis.

So 12 quid for the year. Bargain.

The only caveat is that you have to plug in either a credit card or paypal details.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 28 June 2012 21:21:39
    @Bombonera Well - it definitely exists. But I don't know for sure that you get it if you let your Gold lapse. I have never subscribed as I didn't really play any MP until Dark Souls. I saw the 2 for 2 months deal and signed up, cancelled the auto-renewal on the Xbox website, and when my 2 months ran out, it was immediately there on the dashboard again. I'm still using it and have now done it 3 times in a row, and I've heard others have done it longer than that.

As to someone asking about it saving a few pounds - if it lets you do it 6 times, thats less than half price for Gold. Why not give it a go ?
  • Ziz0u 28 Jun 2012 21:32:05 8,648 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got a month for a pound when my XBL Gold expired.
  • Lukey__b 28 Jun 2012 21:33:56 3,716 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, if you have had gold and then cancel it you will get an offer on dashboard.

A mate also said that he has rang MS to cancel his sub and they then offered him it on the phone.

'Sup, what's guanine?

• Deleted user 30 June 2012 14:01:36
    Deal of the century!

I wonder when my Live expires..
  • Dr_Cheese 1 Jul 2012 11:37:22 2 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It seems good to let it expire every year. Last year I got a free game, this year 2months for 2. As oldgregg said though, remember to switch off auto renewal, as the 2 month thing will switch to monthly billing.
  • Bombonera 14 Jul 2012 02:31:06 345 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I let my subscription expire and an offer appeared on the dashboard. 25% off 3 months of Live... for 11 :lol: what an absolute joke. Works out at 44 for a year and that's supposed to be discounted. I'll just grab a 12 month code off ebay for 27.
  • FanBoysSuck 14 Jul 2012 09:01:17 1,538 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My mates been using the expire-renew for a quid-turn off auto renewal for about 6 months now. Hopefully it's a sign the sub may be lowered down the line. The standard £35 is just daft compared to what other services offer these days.

For the emperor!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next