Google Nexus Page 26

• Page

of 54 First / Last

• Tonka 7 Jan 2013 11:52:53 20,820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Press RSS reader is lovely. Has one minor niggle that they'll hopefully solve with an update. (You have to go back from article view to list view in order to go to the next article in the feed)

Other than that I think it's great.

I used to use Flipboard to read my Google reader feeds on the iPad. I never really got on with the phone version. Press suits me much better.

Go get

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• mikew1985 7 Jan 2013 16:03:36 12,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I bought Broken sword yesterday as I had never played it previously. Excellent so far, really enjoyable and although I've not played the original it appears as though a lot of care and attention was lavished on this re release.
  • BinaryBob101 7 Jan 2013 16:58:43 23,563 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is anybody finding the Youtube app incredibly slow?

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Tonka 7 Jan 2013 20:03:19 20,820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yesterday it wouldn't work at all for me. Other than that it's been real nice.

The x's on the WiFi indicator that I talked about were actually tiny arrows that pointed up and down. I guess they show that days is being shuffled across the network.

• Steve_Perry 7 Jan 2013 20:07:47 4,572 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I find YouTube on anything slow.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Vice.Destroyer 7 Jan 2013 21:20:46 5,850 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pardon the newbie question. After reading the post from http://gizmodo.com/5973073/an-iphone-lovers-confession-i-switched-to-the-nexus-4-completely Ralf Rottmann, regarding the customisation options of Android, I thought I'd finally try it for myself. I followed his post and landed on a theme I'd try to install on my link url=http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/01/03/circle-ui-2/ Nexus 7.

As per the creator, I have downloaded the icons from UCCW that he kindly posted in his https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gr7fkk1um0mwz5/jHK3Qu-S5KDropbox. But after that I am stumped. I can't seem to find a FAQ and his explanation of how to do this "Apex launcher, use the vertical grid 10×9, for wallpaper and change only accommodate one transparent icons, and also if they can increase the size of icons, to cover more over the icon.", makes no sense to me.

Can someone please take mercy on the n00b to end all n00bs and explain how this would be done? If required, here are the components for this theme.

Failing that, post a YouTube FAQ please?
  • crashVoodoo 7 Jan 2013 22:13:16 3,965 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    @brokenkey No, that's not it. It almost apear to be the opposite where little crosses show up to denote data being shuffled across the wifi.

Very annoying that I can't find anywhere that explains the various colours and icaons and stuff.
    Grey means it hasn't established a link to Google services.  When it turns blue (or green if still on gingerbread) all your shit will sync.

On a side note. My nexus 4 has arrived and it is glorious.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 22:20:06 07-01-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• crashVoodoo 7 Jan 2013 22:15:19 3,965 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Press RSS reader is lovely. Has one minor niggle that they'll hopefully solve with an update. (You have to go back from article view to list view in order to go to the next article in the feed)

Other than that I think it's great.

I used to use Flipboard to read my Google reader feeds on the iPad. I never really got on with the phone version. Press suits me much better.

Go get
    This.  I was undecided bit decided to just commit and I'm glad I did.  I have same issue bit I'm sure it'll be corrected with an update.

The only other niggle I have is actually down to the content providers not putting much in the feed to force a click through.  I wish it retrieved some content from the link lime greaser does.

• Tonka 8 Jan 2013 07:31:33 20,820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Vice.Destroyer I can't help you with the thme you're looking at but there's an in depth video tutorial for a few of the others.

I gues that you could learn some skills from those and then use them for the look you want.

Have a look at this one as an example:
    http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/01/03/tiled-5/

• Tonka 8 Jan 2013 07:37:51 20,820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @crashVoodoo I emailed one of the developers with a request for a feature (I would like to be able to add and manage my feeds in the App instead of having to go to the (for phones) horrible web interface.

He replied and said they were busy working on some improvements for the reading experience so I guess that includes jumping to the next article.

I also hate when people don't include the entre thing in the RSS (EG I'm looking at you) but I can understand it. So far advertising is the only working business modell on the web. Having people read your stuff in an ad free environment won't pay your rent.

• Vice.Destroyer 8 Jan 2013 19:14:33 5,850 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Tonka Thanks for that. Let's see how I get on.
  • crispyduckman 8 Jan 2013 19:40:45 1,886 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Press looks good. Might give it a try. I've been using Minimal Reader Pro for my RSS needs and I really like it. It's only 64p and there's a free version if you feel like giving it a shot.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jv.cleanwidgets&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• crashVoodoo 8 Jan 2013 20:12:05 3,965 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    First full day with my nexus and it coped admirably. 38% battery left after 11 hours.  Must say though, its a bit bloody light compared to my old note 2.

I definitely need a case or something cos I'm scared I'm gonna drop it and its slippery as hell.

/glass phone problems

Edited by crashVoodoo at 20:13:00 08-01-2013

• Psychotext 8 Jan 2013 22:26:40 54,405 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's this shit? Just ordered some Nexus tablets from google. They cancelled the order and now they want...

Government-issued identification *

Driver's licence

Passport information page

National identification card

State-issued identification

Permanent residence card

A different form of government-issued identification
    To confirm your financial identity and protect your account, you'll need to scan or take pictures of (using your mobile phone, for example) your verification documents and then upload them to this form. If you’re unable to upload digital copies of your documents, you may fax your documents instead.

The verification documents are:
    •One non-expired government-issued identification
    •One billing address verification document dated within the last four months and containing the same address on file in your Google Wallet account (if you can’t remember your billing address on file or had multiple on file, use your most recent home address)
    Google are pretty much the last people I'd be happy giving any of that shit to.
  • Vice.Destroyer 8 Jan 2013 23:10:15 5,850 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What? Unbelievable.
  • b0rk 8 Jan 2013 23:21:47 2,884 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    What's this shit? Just ordered some Nexus tablets from google. They cancelled the order and now they want...

Government-issued identification *

Driver's licence

Passport information page

National identification card

State-issued identification

Permanent residence card

A different form of government-issued identification
    To confirm your financial identity and protect your account, you'll need to scan or take pictures of (using your mobile phone, for example) your verification documents and then upload them to this form. If you’re unable to upload digital copies of your documents, you may fax your documents instead.

The verification documents are:
    •One non-expired government-issued identification
    •One billing address verification document dated within the last four months and containing the same address on file in your Google Wallet account (if you can’t remember your billing address on file or had multiple on file, use your most recent home address)
    Google are pretty much the last people I'd be happy giving any of that shit to.
    Indeed.

Google are getting quite brazen with their personal info requirements now. I started to worry with their YouTube account bullshit being tied into a Google account and nagging about providing a phone number. I try and keep my online existence as compartmentalised as possible. Buy your Nexus from Sainsbury's. :D
  • Psychotext 8 Jan 2013 23:27:28 54,405 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only google has them at the moment. They're the 3G models.
  • Tonka 9 Jan 2013 06:49:56 20,820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is it because you tried to order a few of them? Have you tried ordering just one? Maybe they think you'll scam them.

• neilka 9 Jan 2013 08:23:53 16,270 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Clearly Google read the Daily Star.
  • crashVoodoo 9 Jan 2013 08:29:06 3,965 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Clearly Google read the Daily Star.
    One Brit gamer, named Psychotext, posted on the forum vg247.com: “They’re good enough for stealth dogging/cruising and I think that’s all anyone really cares about.”

Hahaha, well done that man.

• Tonka 9 Jan 2013 09:11:16 20,820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Vice.Destroyer Any progress? I downloaded UCCW and Apex launcher and now my head hurts.
    A very nice thing was to get rid of the Google toolbar and make a down swip activate it.

• robthehermit 9 Jan 2013 17:48:17 4,170 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My Nexus 7 arrived today \o/ It’s lovely, but the WiFi seems a bit flaky to me.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Psychotext 9 Jan 2013 18:13:50 54,405 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Is it because you tried to order a few of them? Have you tried ordering just one? Maybe they think you'll scam them.
    Could be. Not sure what difference it makes though, at the end of the day they've got my money already... what more do they need?
  • Vice.Destroyer 9 Jan 2013 22:31:46 5,850 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Tonka I am slowly getting my head around how custom themes work in theory. But they don't seem to work for me as advertised in YouTube videos. I tried to follow this video.

Talks very fast, which means lots of pausing to download the different apps. Got to the part about Multipicture Live wallpaper. That app is BROKEN! A very fundamental part of the video. Fucked. After that, I gave up. Will look for another tutorial video, where everything works as required.
  • Tonka 10 Jan 2013 06:24:59 20,820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Vice.Destroyer A friend showed me that I need to let Apex Launcher replace the standard launcher. Did that make any sense? Once that is done things get a bit easier.

I also got the Battery Widget reborn PRO which not only makes it easy to make cool battery circles but is a kick ass battery manager with night time setting that save battery by switching off wifi etc.

The UCCW is a bit of a minbender in the beginning. Just muck about with it for a while and you see that it's pretty good. They have a tutorial video on their Google Play page.

I found Desktop VisualizeR to be the most straight forward of the skinning apps I've tried.

Couple that with AirDroid for simple file transfers and you can get some nice thing going rather quickly.

And BTW. The feature where I can install apps straight from my desktop browser onto my phone... is it like that for all smartphones?

• Dougs 10 Jan 2013 07:04:05 68,467 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Psycho,tried through Ebuyer?
  • Psychotext 10 Jan 2013 09:33:22 54,405 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They don't have the 3g one either as best I can tell.
  • Blerk Moderator 10 Jan 2013 09:38:09 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is it possible to buy stuff from the Google Play marketplace without attaching a credit card to the device over here? There seems to be stuff in there for redeeming codes, but I don't seem to be able to find anywhere selling pre-paid cards or anything.
  • Tonka 10 Jan 2013 09:57:54 20,820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    US only so far for the pre paid cards.
    http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2651410

• Blerk Moderator 10 Jan 2013 10:11:08 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, that's a bit of a shit. I don't suppose you can just one-off buy something, can you? The missus doesn't really want to tie the credit card to her Nexus 'cos the kids use it. I realise you can PIN-lock all that stuff, but my kids are crafty bastards.
  • Page

of 54 First / Last